Hi all,

A bit off topic from wedding discussion. Just wondering whether anyone here currently or formerly working with Maxis? I got an offer and I can say it's quite good in terms of the benefits. As for salary, it's a reasonable jump. I'm curious about the working culture & environment over there. I'm still undecided whether to accept their offer.

TQ!

Hi nucleus,

congrats... I dunno anyone in maxis now or previously, but i heard all maxis staff gets unlimited calls to 012- UH LA LA!!is it the HQ in KL Menara Maxis? but one thing working there susah to control shopping urge,just next to KLCC wor... I used to work in Menara Maxis, but not for Maxis la.

Hope you will get some feedback soon about your queries so that you can make the right decision :) good luck :)

Hi all,

A bit off topic from wedding discussion. Just wondering whether anyone here currently or formerly working with Maxis? I got an offer and I can say it's quite good in terms of the benefits. As for salary, it's a reasonable jump. I'm curious about the working culture & environment over there. I'm still undecided whether to accept their offer.

TQ!

Hi all,

TQ!

hi nucleus,

my cousin bro worked wif Maxis before and i heard from my aunty said tat their benefits are very good. even their working environment is good too. but about the culture thgs , i never heard tat my cousin bro complaint anythg not good from them. so might be ok gua. hope can help u a bit bit la. congrats to u!!

Hi Zunzhine & Sweetie Kua,

Thanks for your input. Appreciate it very much.

Initially, I was a bit hesitant to accept the offer as my AD is around the corner & unsure of the working environment there. Whether it's good/bad, still need time to adjust. But on the other hand, good offer doesn't come often and I'm afraid I may regret it later. Anyway, I call up the HR & they're quite flexible in granting me leave for my AD. So, no prob on that. One thing for sure, I'm gonna miss my current colleagues very very much :( sobb sobb...

Hi nucleus,

great to hear that you have made up your mind... and happy to hear sweetie's comments, it sounds like a great place to work :)

btw, what area are u in? (if u don't mind disclosing... otherwise, you can choose to ignore my kepoh-chee question. hehe)

wishing you SE YIP SUEN LEI, YAT FAN FUNG SOON!!! (canto for "successful career and smooth sailing journey in your career) :)

Hi Zunzhine & Sweetie Kua,

Thanks for your input. Appreciate it very much.

Initially, I was a bit hesitant to accept the offer as my AD is around the corner & unsure of the working environment there. Whether it's good/bad, still need time to adjust. But on the other hand, good offer doesn't come often and I'm afraid I may regret it later. Anyway, I call up the HR & they're quite flexible in granting me leave for my AD. So, no prob on that. One thing for sure, I'm gonna miss my current colleagues very very much :( sobb sobb...

Hi nucleus,

great to hear that you have made up your mind... and happy to hear sweetie's comments, it sounds like a great place to work :)

btw, what area are u in? (if u don't mind disclosing... otherwise, you can choose to ignore my kepoh-chee question. hehe)

wishing you SE YIP SUEN LEI, YAT FAN FUNG SOON!!! (canto for "successful career and smooth sailing journey in your career) :)

Hi Zunzhine,

Tqvm for your wishes :D

I'm into finance-related work. I hope I make the correct decision :rolleyes:

Hi Nucleus,

Is very depending on what u wants if u would like to compare on monetary issue (eg. pay, bonus, benefit etc...) Maxis is BEST ...

For culture in Maxis as far for my knowledge they work quite late (the one i know was in Finance) ppl work in Maxis are all so hardworking one :huh: & I know those ppl who work in Maxis they all simply work more than 5 years overthere :)

I not sure the info given to u is meaningful to u it *just my 2 cents*

Hi Nucleus,

Is very depending on what u wants if u would like to compare on monetary issue (eg. pay, bonus, benefit etc...) Maxis is BEST ...

For culture in Maxis as far for my knowledge they work quite late (the one i know was in Finance) ppl work in Maxis are all so hardworking one :huh: & I know those ppl who work in Maxis they all simply work more than 5 years overthere :)

I not sure the info given to u is meaningful to u it *just my 2 cents*

Hi wsyrinrin,

Thanks for the info. I have Googled some info on the company and more or less, I know what to expect.

nucleus,

all the best in your career ya!! "poh poh koh sing" ya :)

Tq Rosa! :lol:

Hi nucleus,

I am currently working in Maxis, in the Consumer Marketing dept. Give me a call when you're here :)

If you need some advice on the benefits, call me & I am sure I can give you more insights than HR. HR usually feed you with standard info only. But trust me, my friend who is working with Hewitt Associates (i.e. a HR expert consultancy firm) reported that Maxis has the best benefits program amongst local companies. The only thing we do not have is car & housing loan interest subsidies like most MNCs provide.

Cheers,

Kellyn

im working with a competitor telco, but have scout and kepo a lot about maxis, and some of my colleagues are ex maxis and some of my ex colleagues are not in maxis.

all i gathered from them is, maxis is a very corporate company, some commented it was too fast moving and stressful. Good in terms of benefits, then again, every telco provide those benefits and many other MNC too.

maxis was more desirable when they used to have the share options...

Hi nucleus,

I am currently working in Maxis, in the Consumer Marketing dept. Give me a call when you're here :)

Name's Kellyn & contact number is 012-286 86 91.

If you need some advice on the benefits, call me & I am sure I can give you more insights than HR. HR usually feed you with standard info only. But trust me, my friend who is working with Hewitt Associates (i.e. a HR expert consultancy firm) reported that Maxis has the best benefits program amongst local companies. The only thing we do not have is car & housing loan interest subsidies like most MNCs provide.

Cheers,

Kellyn

im working with a competitor telco, but have scout and kepo a lot about maxis, and some of my colleagues are ex maxis and some of my ex colleagues are not in maxis.

all i gathered from them is, maxis is a very corporate company, some commented it was too fast moving and stressful. Good in terms of benefits, then again, every telco provide those benefits and many other MNC too.

maxis was more desirable when they used to have the share options...

Hi Kellyn & May,

Thank you for the insight...very helpful indeed!!! :lol:

I also heard about the benefit from another forum, which is among the best in Malaysia. Then there was a link which list down the best co. to work with in M'sa - - - > http://my-hr.net/2007/10/04/30-best-compan...or-in-malaysia/

Wow May, your company is on TOP! :o So, how's the benefit in Digi compared to Maxis?

Kellyn, will definitely give you a call...thanks a lot! Mind to share what's in store in Maxis in terms of benefits? I mean those things that can be shared publicly for the benefits of forum members?

Thank you!!!

Hi Kelly,

Since you working in HR..IS there any vacancy available now ah?

nucleus,

all the best in your career ya!! "poh poh koh sing" ya :)

Tq Rosa! :lol:

Hi nucleus,

Name's Kellyn & contact number is 012-286 86 91.

Cheers,

Kellyn

Hi joos,

I am not working in HR, but in Consumer Marketing specializing in Pricing. :)

Let me know what field are you in & if there are vacancies, I can let you know - pm me, ya?

Hi nucleus,

If you would prefer a more casual working environment, then DiGi would definitely be a better place.

And May's right that Maxis depicts a more corporate approach.

Another difference would be if you're starting out in your career, better to join Maxis first.

This is because DiGi's org structure is of flat reporting. E.g. in Maxis, you will have positions from Asst Mgr - Senior Mgr, but in DiGi, you'll be known as a Senior only irregardless of whether you're an Asst Mgr, Mgr or Senior Mgr. Might not be good if you intend to join other industries though as ppl will question what's your current seniority? That's just my 2-cents thoughts, don't "bomb" me, May! :)

Hi May,

Have been approached by your Marketing head (i.e. my ex-Mktg head :P) as well as your HR in joining DiGi.

Have to be frank with you that due to the flat reporting structure in DiGi, lots of benefits for Managerial level are not provided e.g. car allowance, parking allowance, etc. I do not know whatz your seniority level in DiGi, but in Maxis, for Managers and above, we receive car allowance of RM1k/month, parking allowance of RM200/mth, etc. So, that's already additional RM1.2K on top of my monthly basic salary. Not sure if the allowances will be increased due to the current hike in petrol price. :P

hehe.. no worries kelly, good info sharing session..

well.. digi's more of a casual company, and it encourages creative thinking and trying out new things.

yes for the flat structure. Basically the idea is this. If your background is an engineer lets say, and you are darn good at it. Whats the point promoting you to a managerial position where you suck and managing ppl, and lose a good engineer in the company? So this good enginner, can be earning even 3x more than his boss, the manager in a long run. Although his "title" is still the same, but he is categorized in HR system differently.

Example, someone might be doing work of a normal executive. Running around, getting events done, etc etc. In the name card, still say maybe Marketing Associate. But in HRMS level, you can be branded as "Principal". As a recognition that you are at another level. The whole objective of this system is so that you earn the money you should be earning, doing what you are good at. Not just climbing for the sake of more money.

Downside is, all managerial level are treated the same as normal employees. Without the car allowances, same days of leave, no big room, no parking bays. However, ideas are channelled faster to higher management and more opportunity to shine.

It's really what your personality is. Passion for the job? Money?

Helooo....

Im currently in Customer Relations field and have been working for 3 years ++ ... I saw some vacancies for Maxis in jobstreet... which says some of the positions is in Sunway.... How do we know whether the position is to be in Menara Maxis or Sunway???

Kelly, any vacancy in Consumer Marketing? Kinda interesting like tat ... what experiences do they need and what is the job scope like?? You are based in KLCC or Sunway?? Let me know ya.. if there are vacancies... then just try my luck out .... hehe...

Thanks in advance oh!!! B)

Hi sunny_kiss,

Our Sunway office houses 90% of Maxis Customer Care Consultants & these ppl work on a 24-hour shift with transportation provided.

Our KLCC office houses the remaining 10% of Maxis Customer Care Consultants as well as the Line Managers/ Supervisors. Those in KLCC worked the normal office hour i.e. 9am - 6pm and act as back-up for our Sunway office during peak hours.

I am based in KLCC & I am actually in the midst of hiring an Exec/ a Senior Exec :) If you're interested in numerical analysis as well as gathering market intelligence, PM me, yeah?

Cheers,

Kellyn

ehehe.. i tried to search for working experiences in the telecom industry and it lead me here.. seems like this thread has been cool for a while.. hopefully still can receive some attention...

been looking to switch for a while now.. am working as a Business analyst in a IT hub for Insurance industry.. completed a major project.. looking for new challenges.. thought the telco industry will be fun...

any vacancies from both green and yellow camp? :lol: all help is most appreciated. kum xia..

Hi All,

I heard that Maxis had revised their benefit recently & the benefit is not as good as before can anyone advise this?