ashley

All about Groom's Coats & Clothing

Hi ladies

Anyone knows the best place to get off the shelf suits for men?

Please throw me some names that u may know off ... need to get a suit for FH as BS do not provide.

Thanks

Regards

Ashley

ashley,

haha....so "ngam" i oso nit this kind of info...cox the package i sign onli provide 1 suit for AD..not provide for the dinner, i just think of mayb its better to buy one than rent it fr BS rite?

If don't mind not having branded suits, there are some nice ready to wear suits in G2000.

They r also not that expensive cause normally they got offer - buy the jacket get the pants free. But G2000 don't sell vests la. Only got the jacket and pants.

niq

If u want to rent you can try Dynasty in Campbell. Otherwise, most tailor shop also got off the shelf. Depends on budget.

But i think, a groom can invest in a good suit lor. For work, also can use mar:)

Hi Girls,

Is your Hubby thin/ well build or fat?

If he is tall maybe can go Zegna (cos the sleeve longer). If not Hugo boss/ G Armani. Their suit really have nice cutting!! Ask for slim fit. Hugo Boss and GA cost about the same 3K persuit and Zegna abit expensive around 4K

If fat i think should go to tailor shop to get a fitting suit.

If you want normal cutting suit, i think cheapest is G2000. Followed by ZARA and Isetan KLCC (there is one section close to Daniel Hatcher - forgive me if i spelt it wrongly:p)

lynn,

ic......but were is the Sparksman shop?

Inside ISetan KLCC got one outlet, at men's Floor

Hi Ling

Went over to Midvalley on Wednesday ... Metrojaya MV oso got Sparksmanshop (located at men's flr too)... the suits on the racks price tags starts from RM600 onwards, didn't ask about MTM -

Thanks Lynn

My FH on the skinny side ... how about Domanchi ... any idea ... Will check out Zara & Daniel Hetcher too

nq, kidchan,lynn

thanks for the info

normally if go to the tailor cost how much for the suit?

Ling,

No Worries. Decent tailor made suits normally starts from RM600+ onwards. Depend on materials.

If you want a really decent suit, you can try Wardrobe at Sheraton Imperial .Tell them Kid Chan recommends you will get a discount. They start from RM980, but are excellent.

Hi, I reckon Dynasty is a good place too. But before you go tailor make one, try walking into G2000 or Domanchi to try out what kind of design suits your hubby.

My fiance doesnt quite fit G2000 cutting because it slim fitting and he thinks it's too tight at his belly. But Domanchi fits him perfectly! The fact that Domanchi shirts are good for ppl with short limbs (which in his case).

And at Domachi - entire suit only cost RM700+ not too bad! :P

Ling,

No Worries. Decent tailor made suits normally starts from RM600+ onwards. Depend on materials.

If you want a really decent suit, you can try Wardrobe at Sheraton Imperial .Tell them Kid Chan recommends you will get a discount. They start from RM980, but are excellent.

Maybe can try Debenhams at Berjaya Time Square...

http://www.timessquarekl.com/services.html

extract from their site--->'For the groom, we offer a wide choice of menswear to buy or hire from traditional to contemporary.'

Lcyy

just came back from Bkt Bintang area leh ... sad to say ... not much choice there :( i mean really not much <_<

but then went around ... came across this in berjaya times square .. Alain delon boutique ... lot. 03-70, level 3, brjya times sq. Tel: 03-21456964

can MTM also :D MTM price same as off the rack ... from RM890 onwards

Hi ashley,

Is the price RM890++ includes the vest, suit, tie and the white shirt or just the suit only?

Lcyy

hi lcyy

only the suit , pants RM300++ :D ... my duty is to scout around and let him know the choices, now up to FH which brand he wants lor ...

alain delon - asked them about vest too ... the mall branch got ... yah & they have e-mail add as well :

HO:

A.D. Trends Sdn Bhd

adtrend@streamyx.com

tel no. 03-92858133

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for your infor...will contact them to ask for price...how come MTM same price with off the rack??

My FH brought the tux...but not the waistcoat, tie and the shirt...he is a bit choosy lah....even more 'mah fan' than me...

Lcyy

hi gals,

the dress shirt that you are talking about is it tuxedo shirt/bow tie shirt?

which g2000 is selling this kind of shirt? been to several g2000, cant find. yes bonia has it. quite nice cutting. just trying to compare with other available brands.

hi gals,

the dress shirt that you are talking about is it tuxedo shirt/bow tie shirt?

which g2000 is selling this kind of shirt? been to several g2000, cant find. yes bonia has it. quite nice cutting. just trying to compare with other available brands.

Yup dress shirt = bow tie/ tux shirt

xiaoposh told me G2000 got , saw it in Melaka/Johor , i do agree not all G2000 will have,found it at U parkson's G2000 :o

Other than G2000 & Bonia, Alain D (RM300++) & Sparksmanshop (RM200++) oso got. Since i already bought, this is where i will stop searching :lol:

Hi all,

Just wondering whether my FH's tie has to be the same colour as his best man and the ring bearer? I'm planning to have my ring bearer's tie made from the same fabric as my bridesmaid's dress.

niq