tiffany

Eastin Hotel, P.J

hi tiffanychan,

i've been to one of my frend's dinner at eastin Ee cuisine. the deco is nice & the food's not bad. but unfortunately, i think the restaurant can only cater up to 28 tables. not sure bout the ballroom.

hope it helps. :)

Hi fusionista,

Yes.. i got quote fr them. I have booked the ballroom with them. I just wan to know anything i can negotiate with them.

The rates are shown as below:

Weekday rates

(Monday to Thursday – Minimum 200 persons)

Menu 1 : RM 668.00++ per table of 10 persons

Menu 2 : RM 748.00++ per table of 10 persons

Menu 3 : RM 848.00++ per table of 10 persons

Weekend rates

(Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, Eve of Public Holidays & Public Holidays

– Minimum 300 persons)

Menu 1 : RM 688.00++ per table of 10 persons

Menu 2 : RM 768.00++ per table of 10 persons

Menu 3 : RM 868.00++ per table of 10 persons

* The above rates is not applicable for year 2007

Regards,

Tiffany

Hi fusionista,

By the way, when is your wedding day? R u going to held the wedding dinner same day as your wedding day?

Regards,

Tiffany

I called Eastin a few times. It was the 1st hotel I called cos the hotel is strategically near to all my relatives and friends, plus the price is right. Well..they were extremely snobbish. I was going to hold my wedding for 25-27 tables and they say their ballroom will only take up 30 tables or more. So I asked if I could have that place for less, and they told me can, but they'll still charge me for 30 tables! The girl was very curt and she was quite rude. She had the tone of voice that says - take it or leave it! Well, Eastin's not the only hotel in PJ/KL.

Tifanny:

Thanks for sharing the info!! I actually don't have an AD date picked yet. It would possibly be late in 2007. I gotta ask them if they can cater vegetarian or not. Yeah, my dinner will be on the same day as the wedding. Do you have any pics of the banquet setup, etc?

peipei:

Yeah, customer service is quite bad these days... This is mean, but sometimes when they want to gimme attitude, I just talk to them in my "mat salleh" slang :lol: They want to eksyen, I also can eksyen back :P It's good that I've been overseas for so long also, use my "slang" as a weapon of terror :P It's not that I want to show off, but sometimes I feel that if they know that you're from overseas, they will try to please you and serve you better. It's pretty SAD!! Why can't Malaysians treat other Malaysians better??? :lol:

Hi piggy,

The ballroom of Eastin hotel can cater more than 30 tables. Where will you held your wedding dinner?

Tiffany

hi Tiffany,

im still looking for dinner venue :P :)

peipei:

Yeah, customer service is quite bad these days... This is mean, but sometimes when they want to gimme attitude, I just talk to them in my "mat salleh" slang :lol: They want to eksyen, I also can eksyen back :P It's good that I've been overseas for so long also, use my "slang" as a weapon of terror :P It's not that I want to show off, but sometimes I feel that if they know that you're from overseas, they will try to please you and serve you better. It's pretty SAD!! Why can't Malaysians treat other Malaysians better??? :lol:

fusionista,

yeah lor, i agree with you too. i've also encounter a similar situation like tat. been to concorde to have a look. their service is ok. even they dun have someone from the wedding planning dept. working on saturday, but they do ask for someone else to serve me & my FH. but yet,tat day i email the girl tat i've been keeping in touch wif, i ask her is tat ok for her to e-mail me which dates r still available for march/april 2007. so tat i can plan n discuss wif my FH, then when we got our wedding date, we'll straight away book wif them. she din even reply me till now, even i've e-mail her twice :lol: sien..as if there's only 1 hotel in KL . sometimes i can feel tat, once u told those hotels tat u dun have ur wedding date yet, they sound like malas wana layan u edi....*huh*..dunno y..as if we 'wan kat' like tat... <_<

oopss..sorry gals, outta topic..

peipei,

Eastin hotel told me that if they will still charge min 30 tables if you only occupied 26 tables. They can't give us with other form compensation for that 4 tables. I like its ballroom and it is near to my family and friends. In the end, where did you choose to hold your wedding dinner?

fusionista,

You better start to search for wedding banquet. At first, I planned to hav my wedding day on 8 Oct, which is an auspicious date tat my mum choose. but all the hotel and restaurant in PJ are booked. I only wan to hold the wedding dinner in PJ. KL is a bit far for me and it is always traffic jam. End up, i hav to choose other wedding day.

My hubby and I went to view the ballroom while they were holding wedding function. We like the ballroom and its set up. It looks grand.

I do not have any pic for the banquet set up. You may visit the below URL add

http://www.eastin.com/page.php?category=ev...3ffc9849dbe7914

The sales person showed me some set up pic. Maybe you make an appointment with them to view the ballroom and pic. It's good that you view all the hotels or restaurants in your list before your make any decision.

tiffany,

Thanks. I would if I could go to see the place myself, but I'm in the US and looks like I won't be going home prior to a few weeks before the AD. I still gotta find out from them if they can cater vegetarian menu or not first...I don't know when are the auspicious dates for me and hb next year, but there's some unforseen circumstances that we are expecting with the family, so we have no idea when a good time is to schedule for the wedding. I'm saying that I'm going with late 2007 just from a financial standpoint ;)

peipei,

Eastin hotel told me that if they will still charge min 30 tables if you only occupied 26 tables. They can't give us with other form compensation for that 4 tables. I like its ballroom and it is near to my family and friends. In the end, where did you choose to hold your wedding dinner?

fusionista,

You better start to search for wedding banquet. At first, I planned to hav my wedding day on 8 Oct, which is an auspicious date tat my mum choose. but all the hotel and restaurant in PJ are booked. I only wan to hold the wedding dinner in PJ. KL is a bit far for me and it is always traffic jam. End up, i hav to choose other wedding day.

My hubby and I went to view the ballroom while they were holding wedding function. We like the ballroom and its set up. It looks grand.

The sales person showed me some set up pic. Maybe you make an appointment with them to view the ballroom and pic. It's good that you view all the hotels or restaurants in your list before your make any decision.

Dear Tiffany,

I've booked the junior ballroom at Prince Hotel. No choice. I wanted to hold my wedding at a PJ Hotel but there are limited choices only. Anyway, I feel that the hotel staffs of PJ hotels know that there only a few hotels around PJ so I find that they dont really care whether they get your business or not. They know that if you dont book with them, eventually there'll be other people. You'll be the one doing all the calling and chasing. And they rarely return your calls. At least with hotels in KL, there are competition so service is much better.

I dont see why they cant be flexible a bit and give you the 26 tables. Why must charge 30 tables? Thats why I was so pissed off at their attitude.

Dear peipei,

I manage to occupied all 30 tables. i'll try to talk to them again whether they can give me any other form of compensation in case the guest can't make it last minute.

Regards,

Tiffany

Hi tiffany & all,

Maybe you can try this in case your last minute guests back off and you have extra tables. Lets say you booked 30 tables. Then last minute, you have extra 4 tables. Meaning you are only occupying 26 with 4 tables extra. Since you have already confirmed with them for 30 tables and they will not compensate you for your 4 tables even if not used. Ask them :

To serve the 26 tables only and the remaining 4 tables, tell them you come back another day to have the food. I know it sounds a bit scary having to eat the same food again but I think thats the best way.

Normally for the 1st dish (appetizer ) and the dessert, they have no choice but to serve even if the table is not occupied. But for the remaining food, you can come back another day to eat.

This also works for stand by tables.

Hope this helps!

Melissa,

Thanks.. I already asked them that. They told me tat they do not practice that way normally. But the sales exe will try to ask the management regarding the matter.

Tiffany

hi tiffanychan,

i always think that there should be a work around for this , and till now i don't understand y it's so difficult even we come out with different approach like what was mentioned by Melissa. Sound like they r not really keen on it

This Eastin sounds like real assholes! Sorry my language. Actually if you think of it, who's really the customer here?

Tiffany,

Ask them if let's say 26 tables of guests showed up and you still have 4 tables, suggest to that stupid Eastin people that they divide up the 4 tables' food among the 26 tables. That means there'll be more sharkfins or more prawns, chickens etc on the 26 tables. Tell them to add more on tables that have 11 guests or more men than women. That way you dont waste your food and at least you're assured that the food goes into your guests' stomach instead of the hotel staffs' (of their families') Dont tell me like that also they say cannot do ar?! :lol:

peipei, :huh: cool down, cool down :lol:

customer service can cheapskates sometimes...

I find that the only places that you can get outstanding services these days are at the 5 star hotels, like Mandarin Oriental, etc. But if you contact them, you'll get a sticker shock! I guess you pay for what you get :(

Hi all,

Thanks for your info. I'll go back to KL next month. will make appointment again with the sales exe.

Regards,

Tiffany

peipei,

fusionista,

Hi all

I just held my wedding dinner at eastin, and here is the photo:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ericlzk2000/my_photos

emi

Thanks emi for sharing!

you look beautiful :blink:

btw, which ballroom did u end up taking? the lighting isn't the same as the silicone, outerspace creature lights like the one on their website....