tiffany

Eastin Hotel, P.J

Thanks emi for sharing!

you look beautiful :lol:

btw, which ballroom did u end up taking? the lighting isn't the same as the silicone, outerspace creature lights like the one on their website....

emi:

sorry, my mistake, I thought u went to Westin Hotel :lol:

I called Eastin a few times. It was the 1st hotel I called cos the hotel is strategically near to all my relatives and friends, plus the price is right. Well..they were extremely snobbish. I was going to hold my wedding for 25-27 tables and they say their ballroom will only take up 30 tables or more. So I asked if I could have that place for less, and they told me can, but they'll still charge me for 30 tables! The girl was very curt and she was quite rude. She had the tone of voice that says - take it or leave it! Well, Eastin's not the only hotel in PJ/KL.

i think if the first impression of this hotel is no good, then you might not need to waste your time nego with this hotel anymore... so many hotels out there and dun forget its once in a lifetime thingi....try to check out hotels in subang... think not so far from your house.... normally is the hotel should please you and its their honour to held your banquet in their hotel not sounds like begging them for it....

strawberry

Emi,

Thanks for the photos. Did you hire a ballroom decorator or was the drapes on the ceilling/flower arch etc provided by the hotel? I really like the ceiling drapes.

Did you change 3 outfits during your banquet? Wedding gown, kwa and evening gown? I was thinking of doing that but afraid it might be too tiring. How was it?

Strawberry,

Yeah, I agree with you. Planning a wedding is already so stressful, we dont want a hotel that is unaccommodating and rigid (this cannot, that cannot!) Like that can cry orr.

Hi emi,

Firstly, nice pics. Thanks for sharing it with us.

By the way, noticed from ur pics that u had a band playing at the wedding dinner. What kind of band is it? Can you PM me the contact details etc.

Thanks.

niq

well, my FH family has booked the eastin hotel too, but it is not in the ballroom, it is the chinese restaurant section, it can accomodate maximum 25 tables only. The main reason why we don't want the grand ballroom because we afraid we can't find so much guest to fill the place, do not want to stress ourselves up for this since eastin do really require minimum 30 tables.

My FH family come out with their own menu, so it is RM799++ per table, we book 20 tables only. It is still free 1 nite stay at eastin hotel suite. I do not have the details as it is all with my FH family, sorry about that.

initially, i wanted to have it at eastin coz it's nearer to my house. but even the ballroom is too small for me.. :P

don't think it is only eastin hotel practising such requirements. I know KL Hilton has such minimum requirements for weekends whereby you must have a minimum of 70 tables or you must spend RM xx amount if u want the ballroom.

(RM XX being the cheapest package per table x 70 tables.)

Am sure other hotels in town are doing this as well.

Looks like hotels are out to fleece poor brides n grooms but what else is new, as they are taking advantage of the "once in a lifetime occassion" motto.

Hi mhyap1,

:o How many are you intend to have? Then where will you hold you wedding dinner?

around 50-60 tables. that's why will be having the banquet at tropicana.

mhyap1,

I planned to hold mine in tropicana also. The place is nice and the food is delicious also. But it is fully booked. Therefore, I'll have mine at eastin hotel.

well, the date i want is also fully booked. and in fact, i have called almost all the hotel and restaurant in PJ and KL area but it's either fully booked, couldn't accomodate or it's cost a bomb.

that's why will have the banquet on weekday instead. :P

your hubby and you very "fu chai seong"..... :) somemore your hubby looks very "yau fuk seong"..... happy marriage :rolleyes:

strawberry

thank you. :)

Emi,

Thanks for the photos. Did you hire a ballroom decorator or was the drapes on the ceilling/flower arch etc provided by the hotel? I really like the ceiling drapes.

Did you change 3 outfits during your banquet? Wedding gown, kwa and evening gown? I was thinking of doing that but afraid it might be too tiring. How was it?

Strawberry,

Yeah, I agree with you. Planning a wedding is already so stressful, we dont want a hotel that is unaccommodating and rigid (this cannot, that cannot!) Like that can cry orr.

the ceiling drapes is part of the ballroom decoration. i change 3 outfits during my dinner, it's not tiring but a bit rush.

Hi emi,

Firstly, nice pics. Thanks for sharing it with us.

By the way, noticed from ur pics that u had a band playing at the wedding dinner. What kind of band is it? Can you PM me the contact details etc.

Thanks.

niq

that is 2 pc band, 1 keyboard + 1 singer, the feedback was very good.

Has anyone dealt with their sales and marketing manager (the one who is in charge of the ballroom/banquet hall)? how is their service?

and good/bad experience to share?

There is an existing thread on Eastin Hotel PJ started by tiffanychan. You can read the comments there. :)

Emi, nice pic! By the way, is the LCD projector too small for guests sitting at the tables behind to see? The LCD projector is complimentary for Eastin right?

Anyone else has wedding photos held in eastin to share? I am really considering having one there as the package is cheaper than the ones in KL. Am thinking between renaissance and eastin. I think renaissance deco is nicer but then eastin is cheaper although I am not sure that I will be able to make up 30 tables, there are not as flexible like other hotels to allow you to change to higher priced menu to make up for lesser tables.

Hi My hubby and I attended my hubby's cousin weding dinner at he chinese resaturant in Eastin Hotel. Compared to other chinese restaurant, i like the food there. Just imagine, even there are 20 tables for the dinner, but the quality of the food prepared is still the best. This is one of my choices for dinner venue.

I just had my wedding in Eastin. I didn't have any problems with the Sales Exec in Eastin. I find her very friendly and helpful....infact very accommodating. My guest commented that the food was good and hot when it was served.

They have 2 LCD projector screen. You can request for the one on the mechanical one that can drop down in the middle of the stage. It's big enough to see from the back.

Hi flowerpower,

Do you mind sharing some photos of your wedding at Eastin? My e-mail is wanyeekl@yahoo.com Who was the Sales Exec whom you communicated with? Many thanks.