tiffany

Eastin Hotel, P.J

im planning to have my wedding banquet in the chinese restaurant in Eastin Hotel...but i have 2 concerns:

a. backdrop = seems like they will just stick ur name on the white wall, is it true??

b. projector = the sales exec told me that there will be no projector provided. have to bring myself and the picture will shown on the wall, meaning there will be no slide curtain...

so im wondering, have anyone attended or having the wedding banquet there and hows the result?

Hi Flowerpower, mind sharing with me too? cos I'm planning to have my wedding dinner in Eastin Hotel.

my email: ywynnie@gmail.com

thanks alot..... :)

hi mhyap1.. thanks much... that'll be nice... am interested in knowing how the deco, food and oh basically everything that matters la.. heheh.. If can take some photos also would be nice...

Sorry ah for asking so much but can't help it.. hehe.. And thanks for sharing...

no worries myhap1... Don't forget to have fun and enjoy too.. :D thanks much..

no worries myhap1... Don't forget to have fun and enjoy too.. :D thanks much..

Hi Flowerpower, mind sharing with me too? cos I'm planning to have my wedding dinner in Eastin Hotel. May i know how much the set menu / table?

My email is hooithengus@yahoo.com

Thank

thanks myhap1! It's good shot to give us overseas bride an idea of the interior. We don't have to go round begging for Eastin's photos :lol:

my personal review on Eastin hotel after the wedding that i just attend recently (there's 30+ tables)..

food

- overall taste quite good (but there's also some that's not so good ie : the fish)

- portion quite big (enough for 10).

service

- i heard the ratio of the waiter to table is 1:1

- the waiter that in charge for my table is quite efficient and fast

- but my friend sitting in another table complaint that the waiter that serve their table is very very slow in response.

hi mhyap1...

thanks so much for the review and photos... really helps... i suppose there are things which we can't control much.. i mean we can hope for the best, but if it doesn't turn out all perfect i suppose that's something we have to just close an eye to.. Like the waiter for your fren's table being slow and etc.. But it's good to hear that the portion is big... hehe.. too bad on the fish... Hmm...

Oh, i notice they had the deco on the ceiling (those long piece of cloth.. hehe sorry I don't know what it's called liow). Were those provided by the hotels or did they had an external decorater do that? But I felt the backdrop provided is a bit too simple..

But thanks for sharing mhyap1...

hi mhyap1...

Oh, i notice they had the deco on the ceiling (those long piece of cloth.. hehe sorry I don't know what it's called liow). Were those provided by the hotels or did they had an external decorater do that? But I felt the backdrop provided is a bit too simple..

But thanks for sharing mhyap1...

it's called drapes if am not mistaken. i think it's provided by eastin as engaging external decorator for this is really expensive. sometime it might cost RM1k and above just for that drapes....:P

oh yes, in that dinner all the flower arrangement is fresh flower lor including the pedestal, arch and also the flower deco for the reception and the vip table....

oh thanks mhyap1.. yah.. it can be pretty expensive.. but if the hotel provide, then it's good.. nice to hear they provide fresh flowers.. coz some I heard provide artificial ones... mana ada nice if artificial..

Hi all,

I noticed most of the feedback in this post are from earlier days..

Anyone been to Eastin recently to attend wedding dinner or had their own wedding there? How's your feedback?

1) Quality of food - any complaints from friends/ relatives?

2) Waiters- waiters efficient? waiter's ratio per table is okay?

3) How is the Bridal Suite? Nice or old?

4) Service - ballroom manager/sales person/ coordinator okay?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated :)

Hello, I had just been to the Bridal Fair in Mid Valley last weekend. For the RM838 ++ package, Net price per table comes up to RM963.70 and for the RM888++ package is RM1021 Net/table. The earlier package requires 20 tables only and the latter 30 tables. The Corkage charges will be waived for Hard liquor, but for Wine only Waive 2 bottle per table. Additional will be chargeable @ MR 30.00++ per open bottle.

I would also like to know if anyone got any comments on the service, food etc of Eastin plz? Thanks.

Hope this helps.

Hi all,

I noticed most of the feedback in this post are from earlier days..

Anyone been to Eastin recently to attend wedding dinner or had their own wedding there? How's your feedback?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated :)

yes. i went for the bridal fair too. quite interested with eastin hotel too. as the price is still affortable campare with sheraton or sunway that i prefer last time. anyone can help us? please...is it all the hotel will provided PA system so as LCD projector?

Hi gals,

I noticed that this thread is falling asleep ... :lol:

Let me share the experience of my recent wedding in Eastin.. I scouted many places for wedding venue but the moment I stepped into Eastin ballroom, I knew that this is the one I love. It is very modern and chic but at the same time, elegant and classic. Very me! :tongue:

Previously I posted some questions in this thread asking about Eastin.. hehe I did not get much replies but I managed to get the answers through active communication with Eastin staff and also based on my actual experience on AD. Here goes:

Our wedding dinner had 36 tables and was held in the grand ballroom.

- Guests loved the food.. their comments were that it is better than most hotel food and very tasty

- Waiters were efficient. They used mostly foreigners (bangladesh, etc) but they are trained in serving and understand English. Eastin staff also assured me that they emphasize on cleanliness and they wash hands properly and also does not have body odor problem by ensuring they take proper shower (coz some ppl think waiters got "smell").. so far there is no complain on the waiters and they coped very well with the crowd. p/s: I attended a wedding in Mariott Putrajaya once and they also use all foreigners.. service was bad and the waiter was not trained at all in serving and lots of food were dripping everywhere when he served and he gave us wet chopsticks.. so compared to that experience, Eastin waiters are better trained..

- Waiters-to-table ratio was good. I think it was 1 waiter to 2-3 tables. At first i thought that this is not enough. But later learnt that it is sufficient coz they are well trained and efficient.

- Bridal suite was very very nice :wub: was a lovely surprise for us as we did not expect much coz was too busy with wedding preparations.. the suite came with a small living area and toilet, then there is an adjoining room with walk in closet and nice bathroom... they had a nice bubble bath with sweet rose petals inside.. my MUA was very attracted to that and kept commenting on it .. hehe so cute..

I dealt with 3 different person. First one was a nice gal. She was the nicest, bubbliest and easy going person.. very fun to plan my wedding with her.. but she resigned few months down the road for another offer.. so my event was passed to another gal.. she is the exact opposite.. very serious, non-bubbly and .. hmm lack of words to describe.. actually i think this gal could be good in events but more suitable for formal corporate events and not for weddings, coz she seldom smile and is terribly moody. Luckily another new guy joined her team and she shared my event with this new guy. He is easier to deal with and not moody at all :biggrin: But in all fairness, the gal did say yes to many of my request but always after showing some moody face and saying "i'll get back to you" .. however, I appreciate her help :smile:

Lemme share some photos of my wedding... the ballroom was amazing.. many thanks to Eastin for transforming the ballroom into my dream wedding :smile:

LowRes_IMG_3003-1.jpgLowRes_IMG_3006.jpgLowRes_IMG_3007.jpgLowRes_IMG_3025-2.jpg

LowRes_IMG_3029.jpgIMG_4549.jpgIMG_4552.jpg

Eastin Hotel come across my mind as well. Thanks for sharing the info and nice photos here. Anyone can tell me how much is their package right now?

Hi jcjy2009,

Thanks for the clear & precise post. Help a lot for me to consider Eastin now. Can you advise me on other things like BS and PG?

Cheers!

chintaesi

Hi gals,

I noticed that this thread is falling asleep ... :lol:

Let me share the experience of my recent wedding in Eastin.. I scouted many places for wedding venue but the moment I stepped into Eastin ballroom, I knew that this is the one I love. It is very modern and chic but at the same time, elegant and classic. Very me! :tongue:

Previously I posted some questions in this thread asking about Eastin.. hehe I did not get much replies but I managed to get the answers through active communication with Eastin staff and also based on my actual experience on AD. Here goes:

Our wedding dinner had 36 tables and was held in the grand ballroom.

- Guests loved the food.. their comments were that it is better than most hotel food and very tasty

- Waiters were efficient. They used mostly foreigners (bangladesh, etc) but they are trained in serving and understand English. Eastin staff also assured me that they emphasize on cleanliness and they wash hands properly and also does not have body odor problem by ensuring they take proper shower (coz some ppl think waiters got "smell").. so far there is no complain on the waiters and they coped very well with the crowd. p/s: I attended a wedding in Mariott Putrajaya once and they also use all foreigners.. service was bad and the waiter was not trained at all in serving and lots of food were dripping everywhere when he served and he gave us wet chopsticks.. so compared to that experience, Eastin waiters are better trained..

- Waiters-to-table ratio was good. I think it was 1 waiter to 2-3 tables. At first i thought that this is not enough. But later learnt that it is sufficient coz they are well trained and efficient.

- Bridal suite was very very nice :wub: was a lovely surprise for us as we did not expect much coz was too busy with wedding preparations.. the suite came with a small living area and toilet, then there is an adjoining room with walk in closet and nice bathroom... they had a nice bubble bath with sweet rose petals inside.. my MUA was very attracted to that and kept commenting on it .. hehe so cute..

I dealt with 3 different person. First one was a nice gal. She was the nicest, bubbliest and easy going person.. very fun to plan my wedding with her.. but she resigned few months down the road for another offer.. so my event was passed to another gal.. she is the exact opposite.. very serious, non-bubbly and .. hmm lack of words to describe.. actually i think this gal could be good in events but more suitable for formal corporate events and not for weddings, coz she seldom smile and is terribly moody. Luckily another new guy joined her team and she shared my event with this new guy. He is easier to deal with and not moody at all :biggrin: But in all fairness, the gal did say yes to many of my request but always after showing some moody face and saying "i'll get back to you" .. however, I appreciate her help :smile:

Lemme share some photos of my wedding... the ballroom was amazing.. many thanks to Eastin for transforming the ballroom into my dream wedding :smile:

LowRes_IMG_3003-1.jpgLowRes_IMG_3006.jpgLowRes_IMG_3007.jpgLowRes_IMG_3025-2.jpg

LowRes_IMG_3029.jpgIMG_4549.jpgIMG_4552.jpg

You're welcomed, chintaesi and vernice.

You can PM me if you need any help :smile: happy wedding planning!

Hi jcjy2009

I am currently planning for my wedding, hoping to have it latest by May 2009. Earlier, FH n I plan for Federal Hotel & Meelia Hotel, but the traffic jam was terribly bad. Thats why, we are interested in Hotel Eastin Hotel. I want to find out about the traffic flow over there especially on saturday evening. By the way, Hotel Eastin do not cater 20 tables, right?

Thanks.

goldenrabbit

You're welcomed, chintaesi and vernice.

You can PM me if you need any help :smile: happy wedding planning!

Hi jcjy2009

I am currently planning for my wedding, hoping to have it latest by May 2009. Earlier, FH n I plan for Federal Hotel & Meelia Hotel, but the traffic jam was terribly bad. Thats why, we are interested in Hotel Eastin Hotel. I want to find out about the traffic flow over there especially on saturday evening. By the way, Hotel Eastin do not cater 20 tables, right?

Thanks.

goldenrabbit

Dear All,

I just drop by Eastin hotel 2 days ago to get the brochure for the wedding package pricing for year 2010 which as following:

Devotion Package: RM938++ (Weekend rate: RM988++)

Purity Package : RM1188++ (Weekend rate: RM1238++)

Eternity Package : RM1288++ (Weekend rate: RM1338++)

Extra charge if you require to decorate the fairy lights backdrops :RM800 nett (it will be FOC unless you have taken the Eternity package)

However, the staff did told me that package price may be vary which depends on the choice of the dishes selected. Actually, once confirm my wedding date, I'll arrange a meeting with the wedding PIC there.

If I have time, I'll scan this detail and put it into the link.

Hope this may helps.

Hello,

Looks like nobody has updated this topic. Anyone planning/attended or had their wedding in Eastin recently? I would appreciate some feedback on the place.

They have 2 ballrooms, ballroom 1 can accommodate up to 33 tables, and ballroom 2 can accommodate 15 tables. Or if you have 35 tables above, you can take both ballrooms. Anyone who had 30 tables and booked both ballrooms?

Would love some advice. Thanks!