tiffany

Eastin Hotel, P.J

Hi chancm,

I'm one of those who didn't consult for date, but decided on my own. If not mistaken there's a lot of source nowadays to get the date, and don't need to wait. Some even get it online, with a price of course. 'Tung sheng' should be out by next month.

Michelle is a nice lady, although looks fierce to me sometimes. :tongue: But she's good and professional. Can get along quite well.

hi chan cm,

i actually 'see my date' from a si-fu in penang, cuz my FH is from penang ma..

but i heard theres a very famous one in kl.. loh tit pak..

my fren went to see him two months ago and got a date for her wedding in dec 2012

loh tit pak is based in china town area, not too sure of the location thou..

as for michelle, i agree with hot-choc that she looks abit fierce when she doesnt smile.. but she speaks very softly, and doesnt show any bad temper so far.. this is based on the TWO times that i met her, first in bridal fair, and second time was last sat when i pay deposit.. quite easy to get along :)

hot-choc, did u manage to negotiate anything extra from michelle?

Hi BigM,

The only thing i asked her was the invitation cards. And she told me the rm888++ package will have the rm1188++ items (which some didn't mention inside).

Will ask her again abt the pre-wedding cocktails and guest book. Haven't got my contract from her, and i'm wondering is it because i haven't really confirm on how many tables? Did you tell her how many tables you want?

Prior to the promotion, i got the contract for the rm1188++ from her. Then she told me to hold on for the rm888++ promotion.

What do you girls think of Eastin's wedding deco? Looks not bad, but might top up on certain things.

hi all...this was wat they replied to me in email....

Dear Ms Lee,

Further to our discussion during Bridal Fair, pre dinner drinks are included. It will serve once your guest arrived until the dinner start.

Wedding invitation cards will be given 50% of total confirm tables, printing insert by your own. One guest book will be given for the Wedding event, and the corkage for Hard liqour will follow the Wedding package sign up.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for further clarification.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Michelle Liew

Catering Sales Manager

EASTIN HOTEL

13, Jalan 16/11,

Pusat Dagang Seksyen 16

46350 Petaling Jaya, Selangor

Malaysia Tel: +603 7665 1111 (Ext: 348)D/L: +603 7628 7329

Fax: +603 7665 8888

Email: michelle.liew@eastin.com

Review Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya

Click HERE to write review on TripAdvisor

5470007441_f285874827_t.jpgfacebook US! Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya

This e-mail and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya.

If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this e-mail in error.

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 1:13 PM, xxx wrote:

hi kelvin,

Just to confirm on certain things that Michelle promised the other day. I hope this can be rectify in order to avoid any dispute.

- Pre dinner cocktail to start at 7pm?

- wedding invitations?

- guest book?

- waiver on the hard liquor corkage? (it's only written as 2 wine per table. How about hard liquor?)

Thanks

bell83

Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 12:26:40 +0800

Subject: Chinese Wedding Confirmation from Eastin Hotel - Mr xx & Ms xx - 20 October 2012

To:

CC:

Dear Mr XX & Ms XX

<H6 style="FONT-SIZE: 13px"></H6>

Attached here is:

Confirmation - Chinese Wedding Dinner - MrXX& Ms XX - 20 October 2012 - Saturday

On behalf of Ms Michelle Liew, Catering Sales Manager, please find the attached quotation for your kind perusal.

--

Best Regards,
Kelvin Lee
Assistant Catering Sales Manager
EASTIN HOTEL

13 Jalan 16/11,
Pusat Dagangan Seksyen 16

46350 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Malaysia.
Tel: +603 7665 1111 (Ext: 353)
Mobile: + 6016 2622 386
Direct Fax +603 7665 8888

Email :

Hi chancm,

Usually i call her. If she's busy, you can talk to the other assistants. You can see her contact from bell83's post.

You can always arrange to visit her during the weekends to see the ballroom. Can see how it's decorated for a wedding.

hi bell83,

good that u have everything in black and white. i have not received any emails from michelle so far, only when i visited them last sat, i asked if there is any contract that i should sign, she just passed me a copy of paper that is in her hand (which is the 4 pages that i mentioned earlier). there is no mention of corkage waiver of hardliquor, wedding card, and guestbook although she promises all these during the fair.

do u think i should ask her to put everything in black and white (like in an email) or just trust that they will honour their promise? :rclxub:

hi BigM,

erm as per her email is to follow the brochure she gave me dat day...so i presume i can just bring along the brochure when i pass the contract and remaining deposit to her.

i;ll just have to keep the email in case any dispute...hehe

hi all,

i met up with michelle last saturday, had a chance to look at the ballroom too.

they were preparing for a 'high profile' wedding that day, with alot of add-on (additional $$$) decoration..

for example the flower ball hanging at the ceiling, their own chinese style door at the front entrance.. so i didnt have chance to see the 'standard' ballroom decoration :(

i asked michelle what is the difference between the 1188 and 888 package, she say the MAIN difference is the service:

for the 1188 package, u get waiter:table ratio of 1:1

for the 888 package, it will be around 1:2 or 1:3

then i had brunch at the chinese restaurant there, where the food for the wedding dinner will be prepared. i had dim sum and i feel that its one of the best that ive had.. hopefully the main dishes will be as nice too! :)

ive also got something from michelle that day. not sure if its the 'official' contract as its only a 4-page thing. with some scribbling on the paper too. doesnt look very 'official' to me.

first page is my details, event date, AV, simple decorations, programme

second is tax, and payment, mode of payment, penalt

third is what is included in the 888 fidelity package (same as the brochure gotten from fair)

fourth is the menu selection (same as the brochure gotten from fair)

thats about it.. :wacko:

HiHi,

I am very new here. Me too, I have booked Eastin Hotel during the fair last two weeks. Really sad for me as I was only late for 15 minutes before the couple pay deposit to book my dream date. So sad till now cause the date is so important for me. Most of the Saturdays in December 2012 are booked. So I have to change my wedding to November. Till now also very sad. :( I recall her telling me that the waiter:table is 1:1. Need to confirm again. Not many things included in the contract.

Hi chancm,

Yeah, the starting price is 1388 for crowne plaza but then you could always tell the sales agent your budget. She would try to accommodate.

Of cos, this is another option if you are are going for 1188++ eastin package..If you can get 888+ in the next fair, then that would be better choice! :)

I got my date from loh tit pat also..and it's in 2012..it's in petaling street, very near to the famous grilled fish stall..

Hi all,

My SA was saying that there would be at least 2 waiters serving 3 tables...and she stated from start that they couldnt guarantee 1 to 1 ratio...

hi jas 123,

sorry to hear that. but now at least u have decided on your venue, at least dun have to worry bout it already :

actually i think i also remember her saying is 1:1 during the fair, but when i met her last week, she actually mentioned that it will be 1 waiter to 2-3 tables. i din not say anything that time because i thought i remembered wrongly or confused with other hotels that i enquired during the fair. can anybody confirm on this?

which mean the waiver for unlimited corkage and hard liqour is for all tables?

40 tables and above - 2 reserved table ( wat does it mean actually? )

Hi all,

I got my contract already. My FMIL called Michelle and then her assistant immediately emailed the contract to us.

It's only a 3 page thing with my wedding details, AV, backdrop name, deco, program, payment & $$ stuff, penalty. That's about it.

It just mention RM888++ wedding package, with no details of the package in it.

I think i will email them back to ask them to include the package details and the extra things she promised. (guest book + invitation cards).

I think food tasting will be done next year, after we discuss the menu with Michelle.

Hi all ,

I'm also considering Eastin Hotel. I'd like them to waive off all corkage charges for both hard liquors and wines. Will update the result of discssions with all of u. I'm not so lucky like u all , can get RM888++ , but RM1188++ is good enough ... :tongue:

Hi all,

My fiance and I had a crazy time during the last three weeks looking for a suitable venue for our reception for our wedding next year. :wacko3: Initially decided to take up Concorde but at the last viewing of the ballroom, FFIL commented that there's a lot of pillars in the ballroom. So everything was back to the drawing room.

We finally thought of Eastin and drop in for a visit during last weekend to view the ballroom. Everything seems to be fine at the moment and we are waiting for the sales and catering department to send to us the quotation.

What I am worried now is the food and service as I have never been to Eastin for any reception. Any brides who are kind enough to share with me their experience?

I hope things turn out right this time.

Hi brainycomet ,

Food in Eastin is fantastic ! I had booked mine at Eastin too ... :) You can try out the food served from the Chinese Restaurant at Ground Level , it's fantastically good !!!

Hi all,

My fiance and I had a crazy time during the last three weeks looking for a suitable venue for our reception for our wedding next year. :wacko3: Initially decided to take up Concorde but at the last viewing of the ballroom, FFIL commented that there's a lot of pillars in the ballroom. So everything was back to the drawing room.

We finally thought of Eastin and drop in for a visit during last weekend to view the ballroom. Everything seems to be fine at the moment and we are waiting for the sales and catering department to send to us the quotation.

What I am worried now is the food and service as I have never been to Eastin for any reception. Any brides who are kind enough to share with me their experience?

I hope things turn out right this time.

Eastin food is the usual Hotel food standard...if you know what I mean. Nothing extraordinary...but the usual la.

What I do like about Eastin is the comfort.

Hi ,

When's your big day ? ... If you want more information about which sales person to deal with , you may email to me at joannefoo84@gmail.com I can chat with you more over email ;)

Thanks Amanda Angels and Joanne Babe.

You girls sure give me some comfort. I will arrange for a food try out soon.

Pray hard that things turn out right. :smile:

U girls are lucky to be able to book at ur dream date.. for me i have not gotten the date yet. it is still pending with my FMIL. :(

Really like Eastin location. but sadly can only accomodate 45 tables

You want how many tables oh ? 70 tables ah ?

U girls are lucky to be able to book at ur dream date.. for me i have not gotten the date yet. it is still pending with my FMIL. :(

I do agree that the 'EE Chinese Restaurant' there serves good quality Food. Our Shanghai Angels band performed there a few months ago. The venue gives very cosy feeling as it small. The guests enjoyed a nice 8 course Chinese Dinner while listening to our band play those delightful Chinese classics. It really felt like traveling back in time...but with the comfort that Eastin is known for.

hmm maybe about 55-60 tables :unsure:

You want how many tables oh ? 70 tables ah ?