sywiser

"Mozart Effect" makes baby smarter?

Hi,

Is "Mozart Effect" really makes baby smarter? Genius? Really must put earphone to let bb hear?

Wellcome sharing ya ;)

sywiser,

my sis listen to mozart music during her 1st pregnancy... she didn't put earphone to let bb hear lar... she listen to the music like how we normally listen music... well, don't know if her 1st kid is smarter or a genius... but her 1st kid is a very understanding kid and will not simply cry. and her 1st kid seems to like music a lot too... not sure if it's bcoz of the mozart effect though...

as for her 2nd kid, she didn't listen to the music. gosh!! her 2nd kid is the opposite of her 1st kid. you will be wondering if both of the kid is a siblings.... hahaha...

mhyap, wah.. so different.. bt i do believe that baby hear more suitable music, will have more 'music cell' :) more sensitive towards music and can pick up faster gua... ;) thanks for sharing.

sywiser,

my sis listen to mozart music during her 1st pregnancy... she didn't put earphone to let bb hear lar... she listen to the music like how we normally listen music... well, don't know if her 1st kid is smarter or a genius... but her 1st kid is a very understanding kid and will not simply cry. and her 1st kid seems to like music a lot too... not sure if it's bcoz of the mozart effect though...

as for her 2nd kid, she didn't listen to the music. gosh!! her 2nd kid is the opposite of her 1st kid. you will be wondering if both of the kid is a siblings.... hahaha...

Same here,

I always plat the Mozart music when i was preggy, the CD was given by ANMUM, heh~

My baby rarely cry, and likes music alot, musci always calm him~

hehe~

Hmmmmmm .... Frankly speaking, do you honestly believe that by just listening to some classical music, it will make a kid smarter? So easy?? Or is it just something that all parents would like to believe? For me, I'd take it with a pinch of salt ;)

But having said the above and being as kiasu as I was (and still am :P), I bought and listened to my Mozart Effect CDs almost every night from pregnancy until now (when I'm BF my baby each night)! :D But I don't expect my baby to be the next Einstein. I play them because I truly enjoy the music and it gives me a sense of calmness and peace, it's just that simple :rolleyes:

Just my 2 cents worth ;)

Properbly listen to music makes the mummy calm n peace, so do the child comes out to be calm n peace. So many ppl tell me that hw the mother's mood n temper during prenancy, so do the baby mood n temper... :) So all mummy must be happy mood everyday ;)

My SIL was also listening to classical musics during her pregnancy and I found out that my nephew is more sensitive to music. As some of u said, he's more calm when there's music around. But I'm not limiting myself to only classical musics. I'm into 22 weeks now, just started listening to classicals yesterday. I'm also listening to those musics I used to and also some children songs. :tongue:

My SIL was also listening to classical musics during her pregnancy and I found out that my nephew is more sensitive to music. As some of u said, he's more calm when there's music around. But I'm not limiting myself to only classical musics. I'm into 22 weeks now, just started listening to classicals yesterday. I'm also listening to those musics I used to and also some children songs. :tongue:

Hi, Christine1980, I also not sure whether all those music 'll help..well, I'm almost 25weeks & I started to listen to "BB Music" (which downloaded by my HB) since I preggy for 3mths+..all d song or music r very nice ! I love it & listen it mb few minutes everyday..& sometimes I listen to Mozart Piano Music too...don't know whether is this cause my BB to move & kick early ?? haha ! cause I can feel the kick around 15weeks+ (this is my 1st BB, some in4 from internet said u only can feel the kick ard week 20 or 20+ if it is ur 1st BB )..

& I also hope aftr I deliver my BB, the music can calm him down when he is crying..hehe!

Hi all,

I'm 15weeks now & plan to play classical music for my bb too. we would like to buy the headphone but we do not have any idea where to get it...i saw in the web that in US they have this player where they have 2 headphones ( 1 for mommy & 1 for the stomach) anyone know where to get it or any similar player?? this is the one that i found online http://www.bellysonic.com/

Thanks ;)

Hi all,

I'm 15weeks now & plan to play classical music for my bb too. we would like to buy the headphone but we do not have any idea where to get it...i saw in the web that in US they have this player where they have 2 headphones ( 1 for mommy & 1 for the stomach) anyone know where to get it or any similar player?? this is the one that i found online http://www.bellysonic.com/

Thanks ;)

Hello, chonglisa, u can get the other brand of player at any babycare shop !

Hmmmm.....what I observed and can make conclusion there is a significant diferent for bbies who listen to music either classical or dharma. It's more on their behaviour/ attitude. They have their own characteristic compare to those didnt exposure to music.

Thks Bao B,

I tried few bb shop but dont think i saw any ..mind telling me which shop u seen b4...thks so much :)

Thks Bao B,

I tried few bb shop but dont think i saw any ..mind telling me which shop u seen b4...thks so much :)

Very sorry chonglisa, coz I'm not from KL so don know where u can get it but it is a common item in all the Babycare shop leh ...but bear in mind, it is quite expensive even other brand..so what i do is I just listen to the music like usual, not using any ear/headphone to place at my belly..jst put it near me.. ( FYI, I ever read an article from internet said some ppl place the headphone or player itself at belly & on the music loudly, then may cause BB to become deaf )..so if u can't get it, i thk u can listen it like usual too...cause when ur BB is mature enough then he or she can hear watever sound from the outside world..

Alternatively, if you ladies have the time, check out a hardware store for earphone jacks which have dual output plugs macam extension cord with multiple power plugs. I have seen some on sale back at home at hardware stores. :smile:

According to a pregnancy book "What to Expect When You're Expecting", it might not be a good idea to "force" BB listening to music as and when mummy feels like it. It will disturb BB's resting time. We dunno when BB is sleeping/resting or awake. By putting on the music, it will disrupt BB from resting properly and thus might affect the development of the BB. The concept of "training" BB since BB is still in the tummy with the hope that BB will be s super brain is a wrong thought all together. There are plenty of time for BB to learn after BB is born. There is no urgency for such a rush.

However, the book encourages bonding between mummy/daddy with their unborn BB like talking to BB, touching or rubbing the tummy or "holding" BB's little feet/hand when BB kicks or punches.

Kinda confused with different school of thought!

According to a pregnancy book "What to Expect When You're Expecting", it might not be a good idea to "force" BB listening to music as and when mummy feels like it. It will disturb BB's resting time. We dunno when BB is sleeping/resting or awake. By putting on the music, it will disrupt BB from resting properly and thus might affect the development of the BB. The concept of "training" BB since BB is still in the tummy with the hope that BB will be s super brain is a wrong thought all together. There are plenty of time for BB to learn after BB is born. There is no urgency for such a rush.

However, the book encourages bonding between mummy/daddy with their unborn BB like talking to BB, touching or rubbing the tummy or "holding" BB's little feet/hand when BB kicks or punches.

Kinda confused with different school of thought!

BunnyNwife, thanks for sharing ur thought here ! ya, me & my HB oways rubbing & touching my belly & sometimes talk to our BB but ( sorry out of topic here ) how to hold ur BB's little feet/hand whn he kicks or punches ? Did u experience it ? coz I only can feel & c like a small bump pop on my belly without knowing what is that ???...whn the bump popping out my belly skin is very tight already, can't feel is that BB's feet or wat...

hi all,

i listen to the mozart music CD all the day. I not sure it is work or not..

i play the CD when i start work( i work in a boutique) till i off. Then i play it when i prepare to sleep..

I not sure my baby can listen it or not.. Just i enjoyed the music too.. Make me sleep better at night wt the music.

What I mean by "forcing" BB to listen to music is that you put on a special headphone on your tummy.

Mummy listening to music is definitely fine. Those "noise" is relatively soft to BB. Mummy listening to nice music will cheer up mummy and this BB too as BB will grow in a happy environment.

BaoB, I dunno how to "catch" the little feet/hand la. Haha I just quoted wat was stated in the book. :blush: Only in my 17 weeks thus dun have any experience yet.

What I mean by "forcing" BB to listen to music is that you put on a special headphone on your tummy.

Mummy listening to music is definitely fine. Those "noise" is relatively soft to BB. Mummy listening to nice music will cheer up mummy and this BB too as BB will grow in a happy environment.

BaoB, I dunno how to "catch" the little feet/hand la. Haha I just quoted wat was stated in the book. :blush: Only in my 17 weeks thus dun have any experience yet.

:tongue: hehe, bunnyNwife, I don know u only at ur 17 weeks, I thgt u mb at later stage than me mah..

& I too anxious & excited to know how to catch it lah...hehehe

Thks To all the Ji Muis who have share the information, will just look around n see what i can find, if not i will just listen as it is.... :)

Dear mummy and mtb,

I loves playing the piano, so.. besides listening to music.. will my piano playing be "too loud" for the baby in tummy?

if the music or sound is comfortable to your own ears, then it will be ok for the bb. the danger is when its on headphones & played directly to the tummy - difficult to gauge how loud it is inside with the sound vibrations.