piggy

Holiday Villa Subang Jaya, P.J

Has anyone snapped any pictures from Holiday Villa Subang before when they were surveying? I mean, do they even let you do that? :unsure:

Hi,

I think Holiday Villa Victorian ballroom is very nice...it was my first choice.....becoz of its victorian style ballroom. Unfortunately the location is not strategic for my family and my relatives...end up with not choosing it. If you want to take a look, i think edmund tham and kid chan's websites...have their clients' pic there.....very nice...sigh...i wish i can have my wedding there....

hehe.. from the forum, i can see all are really interested at the victorian ballroom. just go there and have a look. i did that.

victorian is almost snapped out by now. but classics are still available, that if you are getting married this yr end or early next yr. try classic!

Hi Angie,

Can you please share more of your wedding reception@Holiday Villa, subang ? I have placed booking for Sept, 2007 and want to know what are the things i need to pay more attention..

bs

Hi everyone,

I wonder if you could share your wedding dinner experience at Holiday Villa? Do you have any photos to show the environment and ballroom? How was the food and packages they offer? I am wondering if they have any outdoor/by-the-lake view as I am planning for an outdoor/garden reception before the dinner in the ballroom. Look forward to some replies soon. :)

Many thanks,

Janice

Janice,

They have 3 ballrooms, Vintage, Victorian and forgot the other one. The best is Victorian. It has pretty interior. And it overlooks the lake. Then the outside of the ballroom has a lil space for garden. Its not big. But if you were to exchange vows or if you don't have so many guests, then they can hang around there before dinner. :)

Hi Janice,

I booked holiday villa (victorian ballroom) for my wedding next year.

They do have nice outdoor reception. I only visited the Victorian ballroom, the other 2 i don't know. The victoriaon ballroom has its own entrance, which is separate from the other 2 ballrooms.

The victorian ballroom itself is not enclosed, means it has window to view the outdoor and lake. It has an entrance by itself, which leads to an outdoor and also indoor reception. THe outdoor one is nice.. :)

Hi Melissa,

Do you have any photos of holiday villa's garden views and the victorian ballroom? i think the number of guests would be around 170-220. Wonder if the garden can fit so many guests? :P

Hi Boonsin,

The victorian ballroom sounds nice since it has its own entrance and able to view the sceneries outside. Do you have the list of dinner packages from Holiday Villa? Could you email me the packages and person to contact?

Thanks a bunch :)

Janice

Hi Janice,

Sorry, I don't have any of their pics. I don't think their garden can fit 170 people. Since their garden is quite small, its like not all the guests can stand there at once. Some has got to be inside the ballroom, some outside. Outside the ballroom is the garden.

http://www.holidayvilla.com.my/HVsubang/hvsmeeting.htm This is their website and rates. Not sure if its the latest one. :)

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for the info and rates. I might be looking into a western dinner coz I find the conventional 8-9 course chinese dinner is abit too time consuming (oops, sorry for my outspoken). I am planning for an east-meet-west kinda wedding, but still have no idea how to make both 'meet', haha. I guess I have to engage a wedding planner for some ideas and coordinations. Any recommendations? :lol:

Anyhow, I'll contact Holiday Villa soon. Thanks alot for the info. Huggies

Cheers

Janice

Hi Janice!

Mariott Putrajaya looked really big and i think may have space for that many guest outdoor. Othersie maybe they will consider to give you some space from he golf course? :P In addition, i think they have fusion food/estern kind of thing.

Anyway, for wedding planner, you can check out table10 (www.table10.com.my). The girl's name is Hooi Joo and I like her service. She gives really good suggestions and ideas.

Hi Zelda,

Thanks for the info. I will check out Marriot Putrajaya. However, I prefer somewhere nearer (within PJ) area as my FH and I are currently staying in PJ. Anyhow, no harm checking out more options since I have to consider the number of crowds for the reception ;).

I wonder if you could share the package you signed up with Hooi Joo?

Thanks in advance,

Janice

Hay, everybody. ;)

I am newbie here.

I also had book my reception venue in Victorian Ballroom Holiday Villa. My reception day is next year 1 July 2007.

For me, I feel the package in HV is cheaper than other Hotel. But the condition in that ballroom is older a bit. Anyhow, because of budget, sure has pro n cons of the hotel :P

My one is chinese sit down dinner. The package is RM768++. Already paid RM5000 as deposit.

hi Janice,

Since you are planning to have some thing different than the normal packages from Holiday Villa, it would be better you contact Devaki @ 0122345597 directly and tell her your request.

Hi Boonsin,

Thanks for your suggestions and info. I shall contact Devaki after the holidays. Hope they could provide customization at a reasonable price la, otherwise, i might have to give up the east meet west idea :P.

Btw, anyone knows how's the services and food in holiday villa? our parents are pretty particular about the quality of the food.

Cheers,

Janice

Hi

been to HV last 2 yrs for a wedding dinner, i think the chinese banquet cost abt RM1k per table but the food is really nice & tebal hehe...:lol:

...but the food is really nice & tebal hehe...

hi charliz,

sorry, i couldn't get your meaning of 'tebal'. I might be going for western or fusion dinner if its within our budget :). Anyhow, thanks for your information. really appreciate your comments on the food. :lol:

Cheers

Janice

janice,

my friend have his wedding banquet in holiday villa last year. but am not sure whether is it the victoria ballroom.

the menu package that he pick is around RM 700 or RM 800 like that per table.

Hi mhyap1,

Thanks for the info. I will contact the person in charge and probably meet up to view the ballroom sometime next week. :)

Cheers,

Janice

hi charliz,

sorry, i couldn't get your meaning of 'tebal'. I might be going for western or fusion dinner if its within our budget

Hi Janice!

I jsut have the menu from Westin Hotel. Very fusion and looks yummy. They are leaning on the pricey side. Not sure that is your budget. ANyway, email me if you would like the quotes. Also they made a menu for canapes to serve during tea ceremony.

I like the fusion theme too coz i figure out that if hotels can't make great chinese food but i am sure they can handle fusion food very well. Might as well as get my money worth this way.

By they way, I live in oversea so she has to coordinate everything plus odd hours due to the 6 hours time difference for communication, taking lots of photos for me etc. I think it is better you call her since you are local and your quote will definately be cheaper.

boonsin,

Sorry, my package shl be RM788++. After svc & gov tax, it become RM906.20.

I was make the booking with Ms. Devaki. It is better deal with her, she is the banquet sales manager there, n also because of the turnover of her staff is very high. Some may be few months.

Is it u take a package same as mine?

Hi beetlenl,

I have not decided my package yet, still thinking whether want to pay more for the backdrop and signage.. <thinking, thinking... > :P

There are only 2 packages, a) RM900+ and b)1000+

We just placed a booking RM5000k..

When is your wedding ?

Hi beetlenl,

I have not decided my package yet, still thinking whether want to pay more for the backdrop and signage.. <thinking, thinking... > :P

There are only 2 packages, a) RM900+ and b)1000+

We just placed a booking RM5000k..

When is your wedding ?

boonsin,

My AD & the reception is at 1/7/2007.

The difference of the 900+ & 1000+ is mainly of the better backdrop & the food.

I have budget, so better choose the cheaper 1. :lol:

When is ur AD?