piggy

Holiday Villa Subang Jaya, P.J

The difference of the 900+ & 1000+ is mainly of the better backdrop & the food.

Agree with beetlenl. the price differences are mainly due to the backdrop and probably some of the food offered.

I've checked Holiday Villa Subang's packages at the bridal fair at MV earlier today. The price for western wedding package seems to be slightly higher than the chinese packages. According to the SA, we can't change the menu (unless we add $$$) and whatever that's included in the packages. I am not sure about the other hotels as I haven't done any research on them. But it seems like there isn't much flexibility in HV :(

Btw, this is the info I've found for their packages. (is it ok for me to post them here??):

Chinese-10 per table (weekdays/weekends):

A. 588++/688++

B. 688++/788++

C. 788++/888++

Western-8 per table (weekdays/weekends):

A.600++/700++

B.650++/750++

note:

-price quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 5% government tax

-price shall increase by CNY 2007.

-Victorian ballroom applicable for menus priced at 700++ and above.

Anyhow, should anybody want the nett price and whatever that's included in the packages for chinese/western/international buffet, do pm me. am pleased to share :)

Cheers

Janice

Hi all,

I just had my wedding reception in HV. After giving it a lot of thought, I decided to share my experience with everyone here.

I was not happy at all with the way the hotel handled my wedding reception. A lot of the things that were discussed with the sales ppl were not done and at the last minute, my family members and friends had to help the hotel ppl rectify the problems. When we spoke to the banquet person, he told me that the sales ppl did not tell him about what was discussed previously in the meetings that we had with the sales ppl. I must say that thank God for the nice banquet person and his staff, who helped as much as they could to re-arrange the ballroom and make sure that things were as per what was discussed earlier. Lucky thing we discovered the mistake/problems early. If it was any later, the hotel would not have had time to rectify their problems.

Further, to make matters worse, i don't know about the other hotels, but the sales person who was in charged of my wedding was on leave on the day of the wedding reception. According to the sales person, it's normal for them not to be present that day as the banquet ppl take over. I don't think this is good practice cause all this while the bridal couple has been dealing with the sales person and not the banquet ppl.

My guest also had numerous problems with the hotel as the hotel make mistakes with the rooms that were booked for my guest etc.

Overall, my advice to those who have booked HV... make sure that the sales person is present on ur wedding reception day and make sure that u check the ballroom etc early on ur wedding day cause if there's any problems it can be rectified on time.

As for those who have not booked HV, I think that there are many other hotels out there who have better wedding service. HV is not the most flexible hotel.

Rgds,

niq

hi wsp,

Currently, I think there's only one sales person in HV in charged of wedding - Devaki. Previously she had an assistant named Virginia. But Virginia has since left and so Devaki (who's the manager) took over all the files.

Hi all,

thank you niq for sharing your experience with us. I myself was not very happy with the service. I was actually comfortable with Virginia's service at the begining. After Virginia informed me that she is no long with HV, I contacted Devaki via email and i see no respond from her at all. I resent my email twice and there is still no respond. I ended up calling her myself from sg and she told me that she has not check her email. How is it possible that, as a sales person, you have not check your email for TWO weeks? I do understand that during this period is a peak for weddings but how about dropping a short note that you have noted the email and come back to me later? won't take you like 2 minutes and not a very difficult customer service right?

Anyway, point noted that for us who have booked HV should have them noted out everything to the very detail in black and white with a copy for self keep, copy for sales person and a copy for banquet manager. also request to meet up with the banquet manages to run thru all the itinerary.

hopefully they manage to hire another sales person to help out SOON! =P

My wedding dinner will be in HV also.

So far havent go for food testing. B4 that plan to have during weekend but they not allow us to have food testing on weekend.

Anybody know how is the service from waiters? And how is the food there?

hi ya gals..

i m having my wedding reception in abt a month's time at HV..i m also worried abt how the service would be like during my dinner too...

while i agree that devaki is not exactly the most responsible person, but i think i agree with fusionista that there are other top notch hotels that are similar..i have even been to a 5 star hotel in KL once for a wedding once and the waiter accidentally spilt his WHOLE tray of drinks on one of the bride's sisters. imagine if tat happened at our weddings!!! shudder!!

i do know that most sales ppl are not present at weddings because their working hours are like ours, from 8.30am to 6 pm...

i do understand most of your frustrations, as all of us do not need more stress than we already have..moreover, i know since we paid so much and since they are a rated hotel, they should at least give us a certain level of service..but then, i guess we just cant expect everything to be perfect :)

dun woree gals...dun think abt the sad/bad things....just be happy u are all now a MRS!!

Hi all,

I did not mean to cause more worry on those who have booked HV. I just wanted to share my experience so that those of u who have booked HV will be more alert and can then make sure that the things that happened to me during my wedding reception does not happen to you.

As for the food in HV - my guest said it was nice. So no worries there. And the waiters and all were very professional.... nothing got broken or split, that i know of anyways. Zak the banquet person in charge is also really nice and he was the one who rectified all the problems and made sure that the wedding dinner went well.

Just make sure that u have a copy of whatever is discussed and written down by the sales person so that on the day of ur wedding reception, if the sales person is not there, u can show the banquet ppl what u agreed with the sales person cause when my banquet guy tried to call the sales person, her phone was switched off. Also get someone from ur family or friend to go down to the ballroom earlier to make sure the seating and all are correct la.

niq

Hi beetlenl,

I have not decided my package yet, still thinking whether want to pay more for the backdrop and signage.. <thinking, thinking... > :P

There are only 2 packages, a) RM900+ and b)1000+

We just placed a booking RM5000k..

When is your wedding ?

boonsin,

My AD & the reception is at 1/7/2007.

The difference of the 900+ & 1000+ is mainly of the better backdrop & the food.

I have budget, so better choose the cheaper 1. :wub:

When is ur AD?

Hi beetlenl,

Sorry for replying late..

My reception is on the 22nd Sept, 07 at HV. And the AD is on the 29th Sept.

maybe because it is far away...I have problem with some hotel for my enquiry (wedding planned mid nexy year) in term of not so fast in replying but if I call them with questions they will make time but some are very good even with replying email within 2 days.

A word of advice.... I had my wedding in HV in Nov 2006 and if u have not booked HV and have other hotels in mind... I suggest that you look at the other hotels cause the sales dept (i.e. Devaki's dept) is not good at following up on things and made a lot of mistakes for my wedding. I too got the run around from Devaki everytime I called her to discuss about my wedding arrangements etc, this was after I already booked the hotel and with only 3 weeks to my wedding... she kept on saying that she's busy with clients and will call me back and then she'll take her own sweet time to call back.

Anyways, i have shared my experience on my wedding at HV in this forum to warm the other brides of the problems i faced with HV (esp. Devaki)... see earlier pages.

If I'm not mistaken, Devaki is currently the only one there who's running all the wedding sales and she does not have an assistant anymore.

niq

I rembember that time when I liase with Devaki, it is about Jun'2006. I had ask her to fax me the quotation for the western & chinese receiption for my wedding date. It was go smooth in everything.

The appointment we make with her to pay our deposit also smooth.

In personal, I also feel her attitude towards customers is not so friendly. But as I only want a simple dinner receiption, tt why there is no problem for me.

May b u can try to tell her to fax u the quotation 1st, before u decide to choose the hotel.

Recently, I saw HV advertise to get new sale manager, mayb she is going to resign soon?

The reason y we choose HV although we did find that Devaki and even her previous sales assistant were not friendly was because we fell in love with the Victorian Ballroom. I think that one of the reasons y the sales staff at HV are unfriendly is because they know that their Victorian Ballroom is very popular and so if u end up not booking with them, someone else most like will.

Anyways, what i did last time was i called the sales office and asked them to fax me a quotation first. And then I made an appointment to see them to discuss the quotation.

My advise to anyone who has already booked HV or is keen to book HV, is to just make sure that the sales person u are going to be dealing with for ur wedding informs the correct ppl,eg banquet manager, of all the things that u have discussed and agreed with that sales person. Also just make sure that on ur day of the wedding dinner, get some of ur family members or friends to come to the hotel earlier to make sure that everything is arranged as per how u wanted it.

I've already written a letter to HV complaining about the services rendered by Devaki and am waiting to hear from them.

rgds,

niq

Hi all,

Anyone has experience with HVS whether few months prior to your wedding day, that the sales person will call you up for your food tasting and discuss the details, or you will have to call them up urself?

I have read some feed back here regarding the sales manager, and i am just wondering if she is going to play the active one or she needs to be nudge?

any experience to share?

thanks!

I thought Devaki is no more around in HV. But actually not, she had promoted to become Director of Banquet Sales.

Last week I had call in to request for the HV location map for my invitation card purpose. She is not around, then I had to talk to her sales coordinator. And I had find out that she dun like to deal with people in e-mail.

I will prefer to call in instead of waiting for the service from them. Although we are the customer, but deal with this type of people is better we be the initiative one, if not I afraid until the end, everything is not done.

Thanks beetlenl. I am starting to think that they are getting very inefficient. Same as you i am also looking for location map for my invite cards. I will call them myself in that case. Thanks again =)

Thanks beetlenl. I am starting to think that they are getting very inefficient. Same as you i am also looking for location map for my invite cards. I will call them myself in that case. Thanks again =)

autumnlove,

You are most welcome. :)

By the way, Is you also already book the HV as ur receiption venue? When will be ur big day? ;)

autumnlove,

Last Friday I had try to call for Devaki. But at that time she was away from office, then I had left a message to ask her to return my call.

I think about 3 hours later, she had call me back. She had told me that the food tasting should be after the 2nd downpayment. We can arrange the time with her, but should choose Monday to Thursday nite, the reason is Chef only free on those day, and if anything want to change, can discuss with him directly. But for weekend is more difficult as there will be a lot of function on, and he might be no time to entertain us.

My wedding receiption time for that day is start from 7.30pm to 11.30pm. Thats why I hope I can start earlier at 7.00pm. Devaki said it is not a problem :)

Beside, I already went to order my invitation card. The supplier already has the location map of HV, then it is easier lah. If you havent get the location map from HV, maybe you can as your printing card supplier got the copy or not. :D

Beetlenl,

She seems to be always busy. I called one week ago and she was busy so like what you did i left a msg to have her call me back. guess what? she never return my call at all. i am back in singapore now and i had to call her again. well, i guess i can still bear with her at the moment cause she did sent me the location map today.

I have not make my second down payment. i guess i have too do so soon. Thank you for the updates! ;)

Hi guys,

I'm new here. Am also planning to have our wedding at the victorian ballrm. Love the "open" concept of the ballroom. however was a little disappointed at how old the statues, columns were. there were moss covering the walls outside the ballrm also. and one statue had her arm "amputated". but we can tolerate all tt since the price is a little cheaper than other hotels. btw i was shown the "new" price list for wedding 2008 & it's abt 100+ more expensive than what was advertised in the website. is it true? or u guys managed to get the price as quoted in the website?

my main concern is devaki. had called & emailed many many times. reply is slow. i'm worried coz hubby & i not in msia, working in spore. so had to do lots of things thru email.

any of u guys can share your pics & experiences (esp those recent ones) whether things hav improved or gotten worse?

should I just go for it or look for another hotel?

Hi guys,

I'm new here. Am also planning to have our wedding at the victorian ballrm. Love the "open" concept of the ballroom. however was a little disappointed at how old the statues, columns were. there were moss covering the walls outside the ballrm also. and one statue had her arm "amputated". but we can tolerate all tt since the price is a little cheaper than other hotels. btw i was shown the "new" price list for wedding 2008 & it's abt 100+ more expensive than what was advertised in the website. is it true? or u guys managed to get the price as quoted in the website?

my main concern is devaki. had called & emailed many many times. reply is slow. i'm worried coz hubby & i not in msia, working in spore. so had to do lots of things thru email.

any of u guys can share your pics & experiences (esp those recent ones) whether things hav improved or gotten worse?

should I just go for it or look for another hotel?

My wedding was held there. At a different ballroom though. We had ours at the Classics. If I remember correctly, during our the time we sign up (May 2006, my AD was on April 2007), the package starts from RM688++. But for Victorian Ballroom, the package starts from RM588++.

I have heard many horror stories about Devaki. However, we had no problem liaising with her, in fact, she was pretty helpful. (probably because we made a MAJOR complain on the ballroom, we even sent the letter of complaint to the GM, which thankfully the Management managed responded to it and rectified the problems before our wedding).

If you are unable to reach her, perhaps you could call her handphone directly. I know she is pretty busy as they are short of staffs. PM me if you need further info.