piggy

Holiday Villa Subang Jaya, P.J

WOW!! They have hike up the price by so much!??!?!

apparently i was told that it must be >800 in order to have it at the victorian

so for chinese dinner:

(900 or 1000) + 68 (weekend charge) + 15% = 1200 per table of 10

it is pretty pricey......and moreover it's rundown....tt's y i'm kinda in a dilemma now....

yea, planned to have our WD next yr but haven't paid deposit coz awaiting devaki's reply to some of our questions.

but at the meantime, am also looking at other hotels also...just in case......

hi kirei,

Dun forget to add 10% + 5%. So Net Price will be RM1190 x 1.15 = RN1368.50 per table...which ballroom u chose?

Hi all,

(ok this is gonna be long....)

I just had my wedding 2 weeks ago at HVS, Victorian ballroom. and here is what i have to share.

I would have to praise the banquet team for doing a great job for my reception. I have very good feedback about their services to all my guests. Requests were fulfilled very promptly and they have handle the entire event well. all things that were requested, whether is it to change or to add or to remove stuffs, it was done promtply. the food quality was okay as well. so two thumbs up for them! =)

However I had a very bad experience with the front office. I have reserved 12 rooms, before hand, for my guest from overseas. and on that day itself, after giving me 8 rooms they decided that they will not release the remaining rooms until i put in my credit card guarantee for taking so many rooms. note that this instruction was not given to me before hand at all. My guests had arrived by 3 pm but all of them had to squeeze into 1 suite as the 8 rooms was not ready even until 4pm. Needless to say, short of rooms and available rooms not ready (2pm is check in time but the rooms were still NOT READY at 3PM), made everything run late! only by 6pm they gave us the remaining rooms and that is after we insisted on the rooms with no CC guarantee and told them that we would check out late tomorrow f they do not release the remaining rooms NOW. Fine with that. but guess what? the key to some rooms was WRONG. Guests got rooms but can't go in. by then they can't wait anymore. so just change and headed to the reception.

So rooms keys were not settle until end of reception until after the banquet ppl helped to sort it out.

Next problem incurred after my guests were in the room and some found that there were no towels. so they called the housekeeping for towels and the reply they got was house keeping is close and theres no more clean towels. my guest insisted on the towels and when after 20 minutes no towels were sent to the rooms, they called again and the housekeeping department rudely said 'we told you no more clean towels'. my guest explained to them that their rooms was held late and now you were telling that theres no clean towels in a 5 star hotel???? they finally had to call the front office to speak to the manager to get towels. whole process took at least 1 hour to get 1 freaking towel. (another room took 2 hours) How ridiculous is that? and they have the guts to knock at 7 am the next morning to send towels. For what???

I am so pissed of with the front office and housekeeping (that have been seen lazing around the lifts with trolleys of clean towels), that even the next morning when i voice out all these to the person who claimed to be the manager, makes me feel like theres no point telling on them as there won't have any compensation or actions that they are going to take anyway.

I thought front office should be your first impression?? no??

i don't know which department i can write to. Anyone know CEO of HVS? i would write and email to him/her!!! :angry:

so for those who are going to have guest that is going to stay there. just take note of the service from the front office as checking in late could just ruin everything and the moods of your guests!!

Other than that, I loved the ballroom and the whole banquet itself! :lol:

thank you for reading and your patience! hee....

oh was ur wedding on the 16th? was supposed to drop by to peep at the deco but had to go somewhere else in the end.

glad to hear that the banquet went well =) yea must write to the CEO or customer care for bad service.(front desk)

hey when your photos are ready, mind sharing? =)

Hi Piggy,

My church have many functions there, I have had 2 - 3 freinds of mine getting married there as well. so i'll try to comment (personal) on it as much as i can :)

scale 1-10 (10 being FWAHHH superbly nice)

Environment : 6.8

Food : 7

Victorian Ballroom : i like it so.. 7.5 (yes i think its the best)

deco : depends on u. based on my freinds probably 6.5 - 7

packages : not bad also though i do not know the details (only got feedback from my freind - said it was good)

costing : reasonable.

overall : i'd give 7 its a good place if you're on a budget.

hi autoumnlove, can share ur wedding photo with me? suzanne@ttpsb.com.my

Thansk a lot...

hi jen,

yup, remind me to pm u in a couple of weeks time! hope yours will go well too =)

Hi everyone! I'm new here and stumbled upon this website as I was doing research (i'm planning my wedding from overseas, so as you can imagine, things are a bit more difficult when you're not there to deal with them)

I've also booked my reception here ( on Jan 5th 2008) - those who got the Victorian- congratulations! I was so disappointed when I was told it was booked (this was in April this year) I'm sure you will have many beautiful pictures there...I got the Classics, convenient but not as pretty

lots of people here seems to have a problem with Devaki... I always thought she was quite good (she met and my mum and aunt in person PH had already gone back o/s) and she was very understanding about our needs and communication...she also told my aunt that mgmt adn staff was quite bad etc so bad that the cashier stamped paid on my deposit cheque and i had to get a new one! so i thought she was pretty good until...

I've been trying to get in contact with her (SMS & phone call) to confirm my food tasting and menu- quite crucial since i'm only going to back 2 weeks prior to the wedding and would like to get this confirmed in writing asap- but she has not responded to my SMS (many!) and I just called her 1/2 ago and she said she'll call me back as she was in a discussion( dont really expect her too, since i'm nto in the country)... but i'm getting a bit worried about contacting her... any ideas anyone?

ps: i don't think she's a particularly bad coordinator, she can be quite accomodating and helpful- she just needs more able staff and this is frustrating me!

Hi everyone! I'm new here and stumbled upon this website as I was doing research (i'm planning my wedding from overseas, so as you can imagine, things are a bit more difficult when you're not there to deal with them)

I've also booked my reception here ( on Jan 5th 2008) - those who got the Victorian- congratulations! I was so disappointed when I was told it was booked (this was in April this year) I'm sure you will have many beautiful pictures there...I got the Classics, convenient but not as pretty

lots of people here seems to have a problem with Devaki... I always thought she was quite good (she met and my mum and aunt in person PH had already gone back o/s) and she was very understanding about our needs and communication...she also told my aunt that mgmt adn staff was quite bad etc so bad that the cashier stamped paid on my deposit cheque and i had to get a new one! so i thought she was pretty good until...

I've been trying to get in contact with her (SMS & phone call) to confirm my food tasting and menu- quite crucial since i'm only going to back 2 weeks prior to the wedding and would like to get this confirmed in writing asap- but she has not responded to my SMS (many!) and I just called her 1/2 ago and she said she'll call me back as she was in a discussion( dont really expect her too, since i'm nto in the country)... but i'm getting a bit worried about contacting her... any ideas anyone?

ps: i don't think she's a particularly bad coordinator, she can be quite accomodating and helpful- she just needs more able staff and this is frustrating me!

Hi Dagaz,

Do you mind to share your wedding quotation? I'm interested in the Victorian Ballroom too. I failed to contact Devaki and that's why would liek to take a look at the quotation first. If i still failed to contact her by this Fri, I will just dropped by to take a look at the Victorian Ballroom this coming Sat. PM me at denise.chin@matthey.com

Many thanks!

i've got good news! she finally emailed me at work ytd and she told me she managed to secure the Victorian ballroom for me :) didnt know how she did it, but I'm happy she did! I was really resigned to The Classics and trying to make the most out of it, but told her to put me first in line for The Victorian if it becomes available... yay!

The quotes I got for 2008 are $868++ for the cheapest package $968++for the mid package (that's ours Eternal Bliss) and $1068++ for the most expensive. The extras for the most expensive is the

1. lighted backdrop,

2.candles with the flower arr along the aisle,

3.diff flowers for the normal table centrepeice,

4. complimentary red/white house wine, 1 bottle per table and

5.choice of pmfret for the fish

I found that if I called her to make an appointment, she will make time to meet up with you- good luck!

Hi Dagaz,

First of all, congratulations for your upcoming wedding. You must be all busy planning for the wedding by now. :)

When I first spoke to Devaki, it was on 23 July 07. I told her my tentative wedding date will be sometime next April/May. I was kinda frustrated with her cause she said she would email me the menu package but 2 days after, I had to chase her. And she said that she did email me, but I checked my mailbox countless of times and even send a test mail from my own... there was NO MAIL. I told her to fax it to my office instead. And so viola, the next morning I received the faxes.

The weekend rates was from 788++, 888++ & 988++.

The weekend after, I finally gotten my wedding date which falls on May 08. Immediately I called to check for the availability on Classics Ballroom. I was very happy that Devaki said yes, it's available. :) I told Devaki to put my name and also I'll be seeing her this Friday together with my FH.

On 30th July, I got a quote from her, confirming the package, T&C etc. I was shocked that the previous menu package she faxed to me was diff.

It's now ranging from 868++, 968++ and 1068++. :o

I called her immediately, and asked why was the price diff from the previous menu? She said the menu that I have gotten earlier was a promotional package or something. And she said it was not her who faxed it over to me. She said she could show me the menu packages for 2007 and 2008. And then I told her, "Then you guys shouldn't be faxing the old packages to me." :D

Sigh. :blink:

Another additional note, my friend recently had their wedding at HV on June. According to their quote there was these 2 stated there;

*Subject to a price increase of min. 15% on package price.

*All prices are subject to 10% service charge & 5% gov. tax.

I checked mine, I only had the *All prices are subject to 10% service charge & 5% gov. tax.

Can anyone advise? Many thanks.

i've got good news! she finally emailed me at work ytd and she told me she managed to secure the Victorian ballroom for me :) didnt know how she did it, but I'm happy she did! I was really resigned to The Classics and trying to make the most out of it, but told her to put me first in line for The Victorian if it becomes available... yay!

The quotes I got for 2008 are $868++ for the cheapest package $968++for the mid package (that's ours Eternal Bliss) and $1068++ for the most expensive. The extras for the most expensive is the

1. lighted backdrop,

2.candles with the flower arr along the aisle,

3.diff flowers for the normal table centrepeice,

4. complimentary red/white house wine, 1 bottle per table and

5.choice of pmfret for the fish

I found that if I called her to make an appointment, she will make time to meet up with you- good luck!

oh no! you poor thing, must be all confused! Mine went pretty smoothly coz we went to hotel for the actual quotes, so I could read and enquire about it straight away ( mine had both 2007 and 2008 quotes)

My quote was the same as yours- so as long as you book within 30 days of the quote ( i think its 30 days there's a clause) they cannot increase the price - after all its there in black and white. The 2008 quotes given to you are definitely correct- they are the same as mine ( I took the middle package)

I'm sorr you had such a bad experiance, I know many peopl had, but she was actually quite nice to me and returned my calls, eve though am overseas- if its any consolation, I tried to contact Mandarin Oriental 5 times for a meeting with no results (didn't even bother to return my calls) good luck in your wedding plans!

Hi there Dagaz,

Noted with thanks. :)

I'll be meeting Devaki tomorrow, so hopefully everything goes well from there.

And good luck on your wedding plans too. :blink:

I think HV had a promo sometime in July...missed it...i din know about the promo :(

Anyway, had finally met Devaki. She's actually rather friendly & professional. Having had prepared so many weddings before at HV, i value her opinion & advices.

On another issue, may I ask how is teh deco like? I saw the one in a 2002 bridal mag.... :P (very old i know). and the deco was fantastic!! lovely.....was wondering if they r still using these deco or how does it look like now?

I like the victorian ballroom better after seeing the place for the second time .....dunno y...ehhehe.....

hahaha... i'll be attending a wedding dinner there in sept. no promise, but if i really be able to make it to the dinner then maybe i'll take some snap shots and share with you gals.... :P

Hi Jen,

I missed the promo too!! Have not heard about it, prob lack of adverts and etc.

I have been to a couple of weddings in HV before and I can say that the deco is up to my expectations. Very nice and of course the best deco and the best ballroom I have to say is Victorian.

Devaki was helpful on all my needs and etc for now. I managed to secure the classics ballroom for my wedding next May. :)

I think HV had a promo sometime in July...missed it...i din know about the promo :(

Anyway, had finally met Devaki. She's actually rather friendly & professional. Having had prepared so many weddings before at HV, i value her opinion & advices.

On another issue, may I ask how is teh deco like? I saw the one in a 2002 bridal mag.... :P (very old i know). and the deco was fantastic!! lovely.....was wondering if they r still using these deco or how does it look like now?

I like the victorian ballroom better after seeing the place for the second time .....dunno y...ehhehe.....

sob sob.....hiaz, what to do? Can only hope that the management will be kind enough to throw in more things in our package :P hehe

phew, it's comforting to hear that the deco is good. =)

Mine will be in march2008 =)

Hi Jen,

I missed the promo too!! Have not heard about it, prob lack of adverts and etc.

I have been to a couple of weddings in HV before and I can say that the deco is up to my expectations. Very nice and of course the best deco and the best ballroom I have to say is Victorian.

Devaki was helpful on all my needs and etc for now. I managed to secure the classics ballroom for my wedding next May. :)

Glad to hear you all got the Victorian too J It’s the prettiest ballroom I could find with my budget. Finally got my menu sorted as well- everyone’s very happy with it. Hope the food tastes good as our food tasting won’t be until the 26th of Dec 9 days before the big day!!!

Has anyone seen the menus recently? When Devaki showed them to me in March, they were really ugly, so I’ve decided to do them myself. If they’ve improved the look of the menus, hopefully I won’t have to do them

autumnlove- could you please share your pictures with me too? my emails dagazstar@yahoo.com thanks!

Has anyone seen the menus recently? When Devaki showed them to me in March, they were really ugly, so I've decided to do them myself. If they've improved the look of the menus, hopefully I won't have to do them

dagaz - u mena the menu very ugly? can show the photo?

I don't have it in Perth with me :( its back home, but its this awful orangy colour with an outline of the hotel (this is the cover of the menu) ... I think its the same cover as the conference brochure they produce yuck! She said it may change when its sold (they were being taken over by IJM at the I was signing up) and she would try to bring it up... but if not I'll just make my own then at least I know it will be with teh theme we've chosen (pink adn gold)

Hi all,

I just realise many of you have drop me msg to share my AD photos. I am still in the mist of finalizing my album and photos at the moment. it has been taking a long long time as i am liasing with my pg in KL from singapore.. ding dong here and there. I hope to get them soon. and i will then load them up and keep you all posted! but if any of you are concern about the deco. I can tell you that Victorian ballroom's deco is not bad at all. the beautiful ballroom has alot to compliment itself. but if you are a perfectionist. do check on the tiniest detail and tell them exactly what you want because for my case, they promised me WHITE candles and on that day it turned out to be RED. and i ONLY realised it then after the whole function! well i am a little prefectionist here. so if only i knew it i would made them change it all to white as the have promised.

ok stay tuned. will let you girls know!

thanks autumnlove- i will try to wait patiently for your photos!

btw, you get to choose the colours of your candles? which package did you pick?