elaine0901

Columbia Asia Medical Centre in Bandar Puteri, Puchong

Hi... I'm new to this forum. Anyone - new mothers or coming mothers who have opt to deliver their baby at Columbia Asia Hospital located in Bandar Puteri, Puchong? Appreciate your kind feedback on any good or bad experiences... Cos I'm too afraid - don't know whether this hospital is as great as Sunway Medical's expertise. Please help... :(

Hello Elaine,

I havent give birth before in this hospital but then I was hospitalised here bcoz of dengue for 4 days.. Overall I should say the nurse and doctor are good. They really come n check my condition every 2-3 hours..Not so noisy and environment is good, I went to the nursery department to c newborn babies all the time as i am really bored haha.. All the babies are well taken and I can c the nurses handle them with care. Although I have not give birth in this hospital before, but then I might consider it in the future.

Hello Elaine,

I havent give birth before in this hospital but then I was hospitalised here bcoz of dengue for 4 days.. Overall I should say the nurse and doctor are good. They really come n check my condition every 2-3 hours..Not so noisy and environment is good, I went to the nursery department to c newborn babies all the time as i am really bored haha.. All the babies are well taken and I can c the nurses handle them with care. Although I have not give birth in this hospital before, but then I might consider it in the future.

Hello Leng,

:D I too did the same too when I was hospitalised once in Assunta. Nothing to do, walk around to the nursery to see babies.. They're all so cute... sleeping and winking away.

Thanks a lot for your update. And first thing - "Congratulations" on your wedding. It's so much fun being newly married. Are you trying for baby soon... Wish you all the baby luck. If you're buddhist, try placing the laughing buddha with babies in your master bedroom. It helps with Fertility. I was trying for one year, all methods and god knows... every methods but not medical. Until My mum place one statue of this laughing buddha in my bedroom.

Two months after that, I was pregnant. I'm 5 months now. After reading your reply, I'm so relieved knowing that the nurses & docs there are good. Think 80% I'm giving birth there. Oh.. I'm going there on Saturday to see the facilities in the hospital and also getting the quotations. I'll pass you some valuable info or give me your email address, I'll scan the brochures and email to you.

Sunway Medical is a bit pricy - RM3,500 to RM4,500 for normal, RM7,500 to RM8,500 for C-sect. If touchwood, any complications, could stretch up to 10K. Doctors there are good. Highclass, but expensive lar.

Hope you are getting much better now. Drink a lot of barley, as it helps with dehydration. Hope to hear from you... Take care.

Hello Elaine,

My AD is on Nov but then will start my TTC plan on September as it's not that you will get it when you want. My frens give birth at Sunway Hospital before for her first child, normal birth with epidural, one night stay cost her abt 4.5k, when she ask why so expensive doctor told because her bb born on Sunday so extra charge :blink: . I dunno about others hospital whether they have this rules. Apppreciate your brochures and sorry for trouble you ya. My email is yeeleng2811@gmail.com

Hello Elaine,

My AD is on Nov but then will start my TTC plan on September as it's not that you will get it when you want. My frens give birth at Sunway Hospital before for her first child, normal birth with epidural, one night stay cost her abt 4.5k, when she ask why so expensive doctor told because her bb born on Sunday so extra charge :blink: . I dunno about others hospital whether they have this rules. Apppreciate your brochures and sorry for trouble you ya. My email is yeeleng2811@gmail.com

Hello Yee Leng,

It's fine.. Not a trouble at all. We all help each other whenever we can. Your fren gave birth in Sunway is at the right charges. I am currently having my monthly checkups at Sunway as well, my gynae said, normal Delivery fees is at RM3,500 per package, epidural / vacuum @ RM1,000 each. So her's is at 4.5k is the right charges ar.

Pantai Hospital charge 1 + 1. If normal birth leads to Emergency C-sect, they charge normal birth RM3,500 + RM7,500 c-sect - So be prepared total bill at RM11,000/-. Sunway & SJMC do not have such charges.

I also came across the new Hospital called - Prince Court Medical Centre - eeeeee... so nice and highclass.. The suite room got extra bedroom for husband to sleep in. Bet it must be very expensive. I've asked for brochures too.

But for sure I will give birth in Columbia Asia. Seems it's quite a good hospital as it's 21st Century medical centre. And very cheap & affordable. I gave birth here, I save RM1,500. But male gynae... :unsure: hubby don't like... cos he's very protective towards me.

I agree with you too, trying for a baby is not easy. I tried for one year already, but this thing is very funny. the more you want a baby, cannot get. But once you give up trying, it all caught you up by surprise. I was about to migrate to Australia which is happening in few months time, I've given up in trying for baby, as I thought want to conceive in Australia. Sekali pregnant, I also was shocked. So every migration plan has to be on hold lar..

But now baby start to move already, very cute. But don't know boy or girl yet leh. Baby lying flat on the stomach so cannot see the gender. Will let you know yar. Having my month end check.. :rolleyes:

Sorry... shy to say.. I'm quite new to this forum. What is AD ar? :blink: I blur blur. But anyway, wish you all the best with your TTC.. Kambate :lol:

Hello Elaine,

Where is Prince Court Hospital? AD- actual wedding date hehe... It's true that nowadays medical fees for labour is so high that I wonder whether it's really worth that much. I thought of even go to Putrajaya Hospital as I heard the service there is not bad too and the environment is new and comfortable however it's a goverment hospital, still feel reluctant. How many months are you now? I am eagerly to wait for my turn to conceive :rolleyes: , hopefully everything turn out to be alright.

Hello Elaine,

Where is Prince Court Hospital? AD- actual wedding date hehe... It's true that nowadays medical fees for labour is so high that I wonder whether it's really worth that much. I thought of even go to Putrajaya Hospital as I heard the service there is not bad too and the environment is new and comfortable however it's a goverment hospital, still feel reluctant. How many months are you now? I am eagerly to wait for my turn to conceive :rolleyes: , hopefully everything turn out to be alright.

Hello Yee Leng,

Oh.. :lol: AD is your actual date of wedding... I'm so happy for you. Getting married is the happiest moment in our lives. So now, you must be taking care of your diet and also your food intake. Careful, some spicy food will spike the pimples. Try eating lots and lots of Vege & Fruits, drink 8 glasses of water a day, you will be glowing and look radiant right before your wedding day.

Prince Court Hospital is located in Jalan Kia Peng, KL. Think by the time I go there, I would've given birth in the car due to the traffic jam... wuwuwu :D Not that expensive ar. I received an email from Prince Court yesterday, normal delivery is only from RM2,900 to RM3,400, but it's not a maternity package. So I believed there must be some hidden costs. The best part of this hospital is that it looks like a hotel, and all their rooms are only Single Room. So peace & privacy is rest assured. Think I will go there with my 2nd pregnancy.

If husband gets more money, I might give birth in Prince Court too. I really like the environment there.

I'm now 5 months pregnant. This monday going for my next checkup, hopefully baby will show off the assets to see boy or girl. Every month, baby sleep sideways, so cannot see. Now baby is kicking very lightly, but the movement is different from gas in the stomach. Baby will tap or turn. When baby turn, it's quite painful. So I believe it must be a boy.

You are such a good parent, so fast start planning already where to give birth and all. Don't worry Yee Leng, You will conceive when the time comes. Avoid pineapples & sour fruits for now and prepare your body with nutrients to aid conception. I've been trying for one year, until the doc said if I don't conceive for next few months, she will have to do some test on my husband and on my ovaries/fallopion tube. Thank god, I conceived.

When I was trying hard, I was lying flat each time after lovemaking. But an indonesian maid told me to lie on the side, Left for Boy, Right for Girl. So I took her advise after trying for so hard over a year, and already giving up hope. We'd also thought of adoption. Then, tried lying on the side for one month, couldn't get. Till 2nd month lying on the side after lovemaking, finally I'd conceived. Guess this lying position helps me.

Because certain women, their uterus is tilted or face inward, therefore lying flat on the back forbids the sperm to travel to the egg. Some easy to conceive after lying on the side. So it works for me, I guess I have a tilted uterus.

All you have to do is pray hard. If you and husband is young, very easy to conceive. Take Pai-fung-wan right after your menses is clean. Take one each day for 5 days. And then once a week. After make love, don't stand up and clean yourself. It's advisable to lie down for 1 to 2 hours.

Oh.. One word of advise - Never ever ever go to Government Hospital. Because they don't use Vacuum, they're still using Forceps. Came out in the papers recently, that there's one Government hospital used a Forcep to deliver a woman's baby, the baby is healthy, but the Forcep crushed the baby's skull, and the baby died on the spot.

I know it's cheap to go government hospital, but their treatment and skills is really downgraded. Better to start saving money now so that you could easily choose the best private hospital.

I have yet to go to Columbia Asia tomorrow, hubby not free. Will go only on 5th July. Will let you know and email you the brochures by then.

Wish you luck & lots and lots of baby dust. Hope to hear that you will be a mommy soon.

Elaine,

Thanks for your tips. I was taking folic acids now and bak feng wan every weekly as per advice from Eu Yan Sang people. Now still cant TTC yet have to wait till September :P . I did a check up before telling me that my uterus position is not like usual people, however that time I don understand wht the gynae suppose to mean now after your explaination. I think i will use your tip to sleep side way but actually that's the way I sleep too.

It's ok, you don need to be rush to send me those brochures, send to me when you free. Paiseh to trouble you.

Hello Elaine,

Hello Yee Leng,

Oh.. :lol: AD is your actual date of wedding... I'm so happy for you. Getting married is the happiest moment in our lives. So now, you must be taking care of your diet and also your food intake. Careful, some spicy food will spike the pimples. Try eating lots and lots of Vege & Fruits, drink 8 glasses of water a day, you will be glowing and look radiant right before your wedding day.

Prince Court Hospital is located in Jalan Kia Peng, KL. Think by the time I go there, I would've given birth in the car due to the traffic jam... wuwuwu :D Not that expensive ar. I received an email from Prince Court yesterday, normal delivery is only from RM2,900 to RM3,400, but it's not a maternity package. So I believed there must be some hidden costs. The best part of this hospital is that it looks like a hotel, and all their rooms are only Single Room. So peace & privacy is rest assured. Think I will go there with my 2nd pregnancy.

If husband gets more money, I might give birth in Prince Court too. I really like the environment there.

I'm now 5 months pregnant. This monday going for my next checkup, hopefully baby will show off the assets to see boy or girl. Every month, baby sleep sideways, so cannot see. Now baby is kicking very lightly, but the movement is different from gas in the stomach. Baby will tap or turn. When baby turn, it's quite painful. So I believe it must be a boy.

You are such a good parent, so fast start planning already where to give birth and all. Don't worry Yee Leng, You will conceive when the time comes. Avoid pineapples & sour fruits for now and prepare your body with nutrients to aid conception. I've been trying for one year, until the doc said if I don't conceive for next few months, she will have to do some test on my husband and on my ovaries/fallopion tube. Thank god, I conceived.

When I was trying hard, I was lying flat each time after lovemaking. But an indonesian maid told me to lie on the side, Left for Boy, Right for Girl. So I took her advise after trying for so hard over a year, and already giving up hope. We'd also thought of adoption. Then, tried lying on the side for one month, couldn't get. Till 2nd month lying on the side after lovemaking, finally I'd conceived. Guess this lying position helps me.

Because certain women, their uterus is tilted or face inward, therefore lying flat on the back forbids the sperm to travel to the egg. Some easy to conceive after lying on the side. So it works for me, I guess I have a tilted uterus.

All you have to do is pray hard. If you and husband is young, very easy to conceive. Take Pai-fung-wan right after your menses is clean. Take one each day for 5 days. And then once a week. After make love, don't stand up and clean yourself. It's advisable to lie down for 1 to 2 hours.

Oh.. One word of advise - Never ever ever go to Government Hospital. Because they don't use Vacuum, they're still using Forceps. Came out in the papers recently, that there's one Government hospital used a Forcep to deliver a woman's baby, the baby is healthy, but the Forcep crushed the baby's skull, and the baby died on the spot.

I know it's cheap to go government hospital, but their treatment and skills is really downgraded. Better to start saving money now so that you could easily choose the best private hospital.

I have yet to go to Columbia Asia tomorrow, hubby not free. Will go only on 5th July. Will let you know and email you the brochures by then.

Wish you luck & lots and lots of baby dust. Hope to hear that you will be a mommy soon.

Hi Elaine,

You may look for Dr Ng Soon Pheng, he was my gynea last time. Congratulations on your pregnancy...

Initially i was planning to deliver my bb in Columbia Asia too as i will be doing my confinement at my mom house in bdr puteri too. however, quoted by a doctor b4, he asked me to re-consider. as until now, it's really depend on ur luck. whether u can get a good n experienced nurse on that day you deliver bb. gynae will only there when you are ready to deliver. mayb things will be better in 6 mths time.

that's what i heard. hope this info help.

hi everyone, im new to this forum. i'm now 6months pregnant, and was thinking to deliver my baby at Columbia Asia Hospital, can anyone share some experience with me? i appreciated...

Elaine,

Thanks for your tips. I was taking folic acids now and bak feng wan every weekly as per advice from Eu Yan Sang people. Now still cant TTC yet have to wait till September :P . I did a check up before telling me that my uterus position is not like usual people, however that time I don understand wht the gynae suppose to mean now after your explaination. I think i will use your tip to sleep side way but actually that's the way I sleep too.

It's ok, you don need to be rush to send me those brochures, send to me when you free. Paiseh to trouble you.

Dear Yee Leng

So sorry for not replying you earlier. Too busy to log onto the forum.

Don't feel paiseh about it. It's fine. I'd went to Columbia Asia on Saturday, the hospital is very well organised and nice looking. Looks like the medical centre in USA. Single rooms have a side long built in sofa, where husband could sleep. But some single rooms are facing the shophouses, if you're lucky on that day, maybe can get a room facing the main road.

Their children ward is like Disneyland, with cute decorations on each room.

Maternity package very cheap - RM2,188 nett for 2 days 1 night, inclusive of Hepatitis B, Vitamin K, and other boosters for the baby. But not inclusive of chicken pox, measles & Rotavirus jab for the baby. Caesarean is cheap too from RM5,000 to RM6,000 max. That of course exclude any touch wood complications. Of course if extra night, the package will not continue, have to pay separately with the room charges. Only RM70.00 difference from double room.

Hospital is very very clean because newly open for only 7 months in Bandar Puteri.

Think confirm I'm going to give birth in this medical centre.

Good planning yee leng. Now you start to take care of your health, easier for you to conceive later on. I seldom take any nutrient supplements, that is why is a bit hard for me to conceive, so this time I was pregnant after a long wait, I gotta to thank my lucky stars.

I forgot to bring the brochures today. I will bring it tomorrow and scan to your personal email k?

Take care, and have a great week. ;)

Initially i was planning to deliver my bb in Columbia Asia too as i will be doing my confinement at my mom house in bdr puteri too. however, quoted by a doctor b4, he asked me to re-consider. as until now, it's really depend on ur luck. whether u can get a good n experienced nurse on that day you deliver bb. gynae will only there when you are ready to deliver. mayb things will be better in 6 mths time.

that's what i heard. hope this info help.

Hello Mickey

Congratulations on your pregnancy. How far along are you? Or have you given birth? Have you decide to give birth in Columbia Asia ? I've visited the hospital on Saturday. Nursery is quite small but cosy for the baby. They have 24 hours nursery to care for the baby which is the same for other hospitals.

I couldn't manage to view the labour ward. But the maternity ward single rooms was nice and comfy.

Maternity package is at RM2,188 nett. Caesarean - RM5,000 to RM6,000/-. So where you have you decide to have the birth of your child ? Do share your experience with me, because I'm now almost 5 1/2 months pregnant. Actually better to save on the cost of birth, because every private hospital should be experienced. No doubt, first child, we as new mothers always afraid, I'm afraid too. But if we could save 2,000 to 3,000, we could use this money for our own health & baby's needs. Unless husband is rich, never mind to waste that amount of money lar.

I'm currently seeking consultation at Sunway Medical which is very costly. RM4,000 for normal birth & Caesarean - 7,500 to 8,000. Minus any complications. Did thought of having my first birth here, but thinking of the amount of money we have to splash out, think Columbia Asia is the best, because first child, we don't have anything, everything also need to buy.

Maybe 2nd child I will go to more expensive hospital. Would recommend Prince-Court medical centre in Jalan Kia Peng. It's truly a 6-star hospital. Why don't you try that out too?

Take care yar. :rolleyes:

Elaine,

Dear Yee Leng

So sorry for not replying you earlier. Too busy to log onto the forum.

Don't feel paiseh about it. It's fine. I'd went to Columbia Asia on Saturday, the hospital is very well organised and nice looking. Looks like the medical centre in USA. Single rooms have a side long built in sofa, where husband could sleep. But some single rooms are facing the shophouses, if you're lucky on that day, maybe can get a room facing the main road.

Their children ward is like Disneyland, with cute decorations on each room.

Maternity package very cheap - RM2,188 nett for 2 days 1 night, inclusive of Hepatitis B, Vitamin K, and other boosters for the baby. But not inclusive of chicken pox, measles & Rotavirus jab for the baby. Caesarean is cheap too from RM5,000 to RM6,000 max. That of course exclude any touch wood complications. Of course if extra night, the package will not continue, have to pay separately with the room charges. Only RM70.00 difference from double room.

Hospital is very very clean because newly open for only 7 months in Bandar Puteri.

Think confirm I'm going to give birth in this medical centre.

Good planning yee leng. Now you start to take care of your health, easier for you to conceive later on. I seldom take any nutrient supplements, that is why is a bit hard for me to conceive, so this time I was pregnant after a long wait, I gotta to thank my lucky stars.

I forgot to bring the brochures today. I will bring it tomorrow and scan to your personal email k?

Take care, and have a great week. ;)

hi elaine,

Congratulations to you on becomin a mom to be :D Appreciate if you could also send me the brochures for Columbia Asia hospital as well??? my email is vonchyee@gmail.com

thnks in advance...btw...the normal delivery is RM2,188 nett is inclusive of mother n bb's costs??

Elaine,

Thanks for your help ya. That time when I was admitted for dengue I took their single room as well, well I should lucky coz i have the room facing carpark. My hb sleep on the sofa to accompany me all the time :P . I was a bit scared of hospital I dunno why.

Take your time, don rush ya. Shall wait for your brochures.

Thanks.

Elaine,

Thanks for your help ya. That time when I was admitted for dengue I took their single room as well, well I should lucky coz i have the room facing carpark. My hb sleep on the sofa to accompany me all the time :P . I was a bit scared of hospital I dunno why.

Take your time, don rush ya. Shall wait for your brochures.

Thanks.

heheehe... Think not only you... I also very scared ... Especially my muslim friends, they told me those things (spirits) always like to come near women after birth because of the excessive blood loss. That is why I chose single room so that my hubby will sleep with me .... heeeeee... Think of it also give me goosebumps...

Chinese Maternity Hospital - Tung Shin has the highest rate of spirits wondering in the maternity ward especially the toilet... Someone witnessed seeing ghosts before..... ee yer... :huh:

Hi there,

I delivered my baby girl, Abigail at Columbia Asia on 3rd June 08. Was with Columbia Asia ever since I was 6 weeks pregnant till now, gynae Dr. Ng Soon Pheng. Meaning to say the hospital is more than 7 months old, they started to operate somewhere July 07 I think. I registered with them on Sept 07 with patient no of 221, now the no shoot up to 6000++, growing very very fast. In other words, they are good, or else the number wont increase right? :)

Dr. Ng is very nice, nurses all very attentive. I opted for C-section due to my high blood pressure. Total cost ard RM5.6K (my bill - 4400+, baby's bill - 1100++) for 2 nights stay. I chose twin-share bedroom as I scared to sleep alone. Anyhow, the bedroom door is always open and nurse will come every 2 hours to check on my BP. Operation went well and healing pretty fast too. Thank God there's no any complications except for a light jaundice on my baby. But we able to bring her back the same day when I discharged.

So, Columbia Asia, for me, highly recommended.

Regards,

Elly

Hi there,

I delivered my baby girl, Abigail at Columbia Asia on 3rd June 08. Was with Columbia Asia ever since I was 6 weeks pregnant till now, gynae Dr. Ng Soon Pheng. Meaning to say the hospital is more than 7 months old, they started to operate somewhere July 07 I think. I registered with them on Sept 07 with patient no of 221, now the no shoot up to 6000++, growing very very fast. In other words, they are good, or else the number wont increase right? :)

Dr. Ng is very nice, nurses all very attentive. I opted for C-section due to my high blood pressure. Total cost ard RM5.6K (my bill - 4400+, baby's bill - 1100++) for 2 nights stay. I chose twin-share bedroom as I scared to sleep alone. Anyhow, the bedroom door is always open and nurse will come every 2 hours to check on my BP. Operation went well and healing pretty fast too. Thank God there's no any complications except for a light jaundice on my baby. But we able to bring her back the same day when I discharged.

Regards,

Elly

Hello Elly

Congratulations on your newborn baby girl. Is she starting to smile now.. I too am so anxious to see how my baby looks like. My hubby and I already call baby "cutie-pie", so for sure this child really very manja type. Moreover, my hubby is a Chindian, I'm chinese, so we lagi anxious because don't know how baby will look like. And the best part is: Baby very shy, not showing whether boy or girl.

Thank you so much for your highlights. Finally I am so much at ease after reading your reply. But I can't opt for Dr. Ng, even though I've heard he's really good, patient & professional, because my hubby is not comfortable with male doctors. So I will go for that Malay Lady Gynae. She was also recommended by my GP doctor, saying she's very much experienced, in her early 40s, so I believed she has been in practise for quite some time

Wow... :D You're truly amazing. After birth also, you check the hospital's patient's number. Think with your high recommendation, I am confident that Columbia Asia is yet the best alternative hospital after all. I will be opting for Single Room because Hubby insist to stay overnight with me and the baby. Hopefully my childbirth will be smooth and not so much pain. .

RM5,600 for Caesarean is relatively reasonable, Sunway charge RM8,000 for that minus off any complications or other extra nights.

As for the scanning machines - Columbia Asia is so much advance, I heard the nurse mentioned that gynaes there uses 3D/4D scan with colour images to show us the baby every month. How bout your monthly scan? Is it being done with Colour scan too? I'm sure Dr. Ng uses the same machine. Did you ask for CD / photo?

How much were your monthly consultation bills including vitamins?

Sunway surprisingly still uses the Old fashioned Clinic scanning maching in Black & white. Only can print out paper, but not photo. No CD, and cannot even hear the heartbeat. So until today - 5 1/2 months, I still have not hear my baby's heartbeat not even for the first time... :(

Thanks again for advising me further on your experience with Columbia Asia. My first visit will be on 26 July with Columbia Asia. So anxious to see my baby in Colour.... :P I've decided not to go to Sunway, no matter how nice is my gynae, their costs is just too costly.

Hope to hear from you again. Cheers!

Hi there,

Regards,

Elly

Hello Elly

Congratulations on your newborn baby girl. Is she starting to smile now.. I too am so anxious to see how my baby looks like. My hubby and I already call baby "cutie-pie", so for sure this child really very manja type. Moreover, my hubby is a Chindian, I'm chinese, so we lagi anxious because don't know how baby will look like. And the best part is: Baby very shy, not showing whether boy or girl.

Thank you so much for your highlights. Finally I am so much at ease after reading your reply. But I can't opt for Dr. Ng, even though I've heard he's really good, patient & professional, because my hubby is not comfortable with male doctors. So I will go for that Malay Lady Gynae. She was also recommended by my GP doctor, saying she's very much experienced, in her early 40s, so I believed she has been in practise for quite some time

Wow... :D You're truly amazing. After birth also, you check the hospital's patient's number. Think with your high recommendation, I am confident that Columbia Asia is yet the best alternative hospital after all. I will be opting for Single Room because Hubby insist to stay overnight with me and the baby. Hopefully my childbirth will be smooth and not so much pain. .

RM5,600 for Caesarean is relatively reasonable, Sunway charge RM8,000 for that minus off any complications or other extra nights.

As for the scanning machines - Columbia Asia is so much advance, I heard the nurse mentioned that gynaes there uses 3D/4D scan with colour images to show us the baby every month. How bout your monthly scan? Is it being done with Colour scan too? I'm sure Dr. Ng uses the same machine. Did you ask for CD / photo?

How much were your monthly consultation bills including vitamins?

Sunway surprisingly still uses the Old fashioned Clinic scanning maching in Black & white. Only can print out paper, but not photo. No CD, and cannot even hear the heartbeat. So until today - 5 1/2 months, I still have not hear my baby's heartbeat not even for the first time... :(

Thanks again for advising me further on your experience with Columbia Asia. My first visit will be on 26 July with Columbia Asia. So anxious to see my baby in Colour.... :P I've decided not to go to Sunway, no matter how nice is my gynae, their costs is just too costly.

Hope to hear from you again. Cheers!

Hi Elaine

Was browsing through the seach engine for Columbia Asia Hospital and it brought me to this site. Nice review from many of you. I am expecting my fourth child and due date is early March next year. My previous hospitals were Chia, Tham & Tan Maternity Ward (Puchong) but unfortunately they have stopped the maternity ward ever since the dissolvation of partnerships and I have tried Sunway Medical for my third child. Obviously before all the price fuel hike up, everything seems to be pretty reasonable, all my 3 maternity charges were between RM1800 - RM 2500.

But now, everything has gone up hence need to source for a "more" reasonable price hospital around. And I came to know about this new hospital. Will still be visiting my gynae in Bdr Puteri Puchong and get more review from him this Friday. Hope a positive one from him.

Hello Mickey

Congratulations on your pregnancy. How far along are you? Or have you given birth? Have you decide to give birth in Columbia Asia ? I've visited the hospital on Saturday. Nursery is quite small but cosy for the baby. They have 24 hours nursery to care for the baby which is the same for other hospitals.

I couldn't manage to view the labour ward. But the maternity ward single rooms was nice and comfy.

Maternity package is at RM2,188 nett. Caesarean - RM5,000 to RM6,000/-. So where you have you decide to have the birth of your child ? Do share your experience with me, because I'm now almost 5 1/2 months pregnant. Actually better to save on the cost of birth, because every private hospital should be experienced. No doubt, first child, we as new mothers always afraid, I'm afraid too. But if we could save 2,000 to 3,000, we could use this money for our own health & baby's needs. Unless husband is rich, never mind to waste that amount of money lar.

I'm currently seeking consultation at Sunway Medical which is very costly. RM4,000 for normal birth & Caesarean - 7,500 to 8,000. Minus any complications. Did thought of having my first birth here, but thinking of the amount of money we have to splash out, think Columbia Asia is the best, because first child, we don't have anything, everything also need to buy.

Maybe 2nd child I will go to more expensive hospital. Would recommend Prince-Court medical centre in Jalan Kia Peng. It's truly a 6-star hospital. Why don't you try that out too?

Take care yar. :rolleyes:

Hi there,

Regards,

Elly

Hi Elly

Can I know what would be Dr Ng's monthly charges like for normal monthly checkups? Or anyone out there under Dr Ng knows about his charges? Thanks.

Christine

Hi there. I just called up Columbia Asia and was given this info:

Normal delivery is about RM2100.

Every jab of epidural is RM700-800

Use of vacuum or forcep is additionally charged.

So the price of RM2188 nett could be outdated.

I think it's good you visit a few hospitals to get the feel of it. You maybe more comfortable with certain hospitals by talking to the staffs there. Some high class hospitals may look nice but if they have grumpy staffs, you may not want that.

hi all.. before delivery, it's better to go & visit the hospital, talk to the nurses & also your doctor.. sometimes the place may look nice, not many delivery & charges less expensive, but they may lack expertise.. don't forget, nurses look after you when in labour, so it's very important to get experienced nurses.. & very senior looking nurses doesn't mean they're very experienced :huh: .. if they've been working in a place where delivery rate is very2 low, they might not have that much hands on experience compared to younger nurses working in a busy setting.. if your doctor has visiting rights to a few hospital, ask for him/her opinion - they know best..

hi elaine6838,

congratulation to u and to all mom-to-be. i'm currently almost 6weeks pregnant. heard so many good comments about dr. ng from columbia asia. havent visit the hospital yet but very eager to do so. do u have dr. ng's contact number so that i could make an appointment to meet him? how's his charges per-visit?

thx in advance :)

hi everyone,

i'm new in this forum.. i'm 33 wks preggy with the second one and currently getting my check up with dr. ng soon pheng at columbia asia, puchong. as for me, he is such a good and experience doctor. the fees are very reasonable and he'll print out my baby's photo every time i visited him...