elaine0901

Columbia Asia Medical Centre in Bandar Puteri, Puchong

o.O.. then i should check with the nurse for my next round checkup. About the weight, the nurse always take it so "cin cai" one... She never take it properly for me and asked me again what is the figure later. I am just 50+kg but she write there i am 60+... -.-"

That's quite weird, coz I kinda like the nurses there, they were quite nice.. :)

Anyway, I think it's best for u to check with ur doctor instead of the nurses...

Thanks kitwei and vv for your reply.... I think i will try to ask for the GBS test next appointment....My husband said, maybe we try our luck this time, because its onle left few weeks to go.....still hope for natural delivery......pray hard!

Well, so far i like the nurse....I did urine test and weight me for each time i visit.... Dr help me to do blood pressure test and ultrasound scanning....

angie669, ensure u have ur antenatal card with u from Dr Ng. My experience was he only gave me when i told him i wanted to change gynae. As well, reference letter if possible.

vv_xoxo, i tried to save cost, tat y changed hospital. Dr Ng is friendly dr i have to admit. As from 1st time, i insisted on vaginal delv, he oso said he encouraged tat. U dun worry, u can still delv naturally in coming baby(ies). Even my own mom oso thought i would ended up with csect bcoz of my age, but i manage to DISAPPOINT her. ahhahahahaha..... remember, will-power of human is very powerful!

Thanks redchili.... the antenatal card and all my blood test records are always with me and i have reference letter from my previous gynea.... :wink:

No doubt that he is good and nice to talk......So far he never encourage me to go for C-Sect, he only checked my baby position during last visit and said the baby position is at the right place.....I think i will try to visit Dr Ng one more time, i will ask for GBS test, and ask is there any possibility for vaginal birth......wait and see how his respond this time....will update you all next week..... :huh:

I was delivered natural under Dr. Ng last year. Dr. Ng was a very friendly & soft spoken gynea.

I also did told Dr. Ng that I intend to have varginal birth at the 1st stage, but Dr. Ng mention to me that it would depend on the baby situation. He will told me all pros & cons. No doubt it was quite worried me.

But end up when I going to gave birth, Dr. Ng really ease me alot. He ask me had I have my breakfast after he do a check up for me. He even ask the nurse to order a breakfast for me so that I can have more energy to push when I going to deliver.

Don't worry too much, I even saw a mummy was natural delivered nearly 4 kg baby under Dr. Ng. :lol:

Just stay relax & enjoy your whole pregnancy period. :lol:

Thanks Sweetygal for your reply.... is the doctor help you induced? or at that time you are having contraction pain? Sorry that this is my first pregnancy, i really have no idea how pain will be....but when you have contraction pain, do you still can eat breakfast at that time?

at least i feel not that worry now....what Dr said is true, sometimes its depends on baby & mum condition...... praying hard now......

Thanks Sweetygal for your reply.... is the doctor help you induced? or at that time you are having contraction pain? Sorry that this is my first pregnancy, i really have no idea how pain will be....but when you have contraction pain, do you still can eat breakfast at that time?

at least i feel not that worry now....what Dr said is true, sometimes its depends on baby & mum condition...... praying hard now......

Angie I was having contraction pain that time. Ermmm... regarding to the contraction pain, to me is still bearable.

I still have my breakfast when I have contraction pain, :lol: as the contraction pain is only last for few second. Maybe that time I keep on thinking I have to finish my breakfast so that I got more energy to push later. :tongue:

Not sure this tips work for others or not but at least it works to me & also my fren. Every night when I having a chat with my baby, I will keep on psycho her to come out faster when mummy push u out, and don't naughty to poo poo inside :tongue:

Maybe you can try to communicate with your baby as well :wink:

hi.. just share my experience with dr ng n columbia asia here.

my 2 pregnancy also under dr ng. my 2nd bb delivered on 29/5 with normal delivry. dr ng never mentioned to me about ceaser. i got contruction at 3am++. and admitted to hospital at 4.30am and success delivered at 6am. Dr ng reach hospital very fast even thought in so early in the mornng and explain my condition to my husband. and he gave us his hp number too since week36 due to my 1st preganacy condition. he said we can called him directly n no need to wait the nurse to call him. where make us feel very comfort and appreciate.

my 1st baby was delivered 2009 when 37 weeks due to water bag broken at night around 7.30pm. when admitted to hospital around 8.30pm i already 3cm open. Dr ng came to check and never mentioned to me about the ceaser too. he just try to talk to me and make me feel dun too nervous. let me have the injection to tahan the opain. he is not encourage the epidural and teach me to use the gas. he did came to check me again around 10pm something n find out i open quite fast then i delivered around 12am.

i remember he told us befor he ll try to help us in most natural way. unless the condition really needed, he only ll use neccesasry equipment. like my 1st born, i not enough energy, he finally used forcep. but my 2nd delivery no forcep or vacum use. i only push 2-3 times only.

i will still recommend dr ng to my frens whover ask for gynea to recommend. :)

Hey all,

I am now 8 weeks 6 days pregnant. I went to Dr Ng for check up when I was 5 weeks. I went to him because it's near and because a lot of people recommend him.

I would prefer natural vaginal delivery also and after reading this forum, I have mix feelings although some say he never encourage c-sect, some say he did. Haha. I really do hope everything is fine for natural birth.

But yes, he is quite pricey ah? I am going for my second check up next thursday, by then I will be 9 weeks 5 days! cannot wait!

My first pregnancy, btw.

Just to share my experience until today.....

so far, he didn't force me to go C-sect....he also know that i want natural and he also agree.... but he explained, C-sect will happen if there is any complication/emergency during labor....so, don't worry.....

I will deliver soon, EDD end of June......just wish that everything is fine....

Hi all, i just delivered baby naturally under Dr Ng....he is an experience dr, he and the nurses did help me a lot when i in labour room.... really appreciated their help and professional guidance......

ya i agree Dr Ng is a good and frenly doctor. i am very comfy under his care. he didnt encourage me to c-sec. he gave me two choices, induced or c-sec. i was at the end of 38 weeks and i have GD. so if baby doesnt come out by 39 week i have to be induced or c-sec. i chose c-sec. be it c-sec or natural, i nvr feel tat i am a failure. it is the best way for me to deliver my baby. for the sake of my baby and myself. last time i tot c-sec is a bad bad thing. but after experienced it, it is just another method of delivering. it is not my failure as a woman. no point we say things like tat. most important our babies are fine and we r fine. :D

i am surprised tat the nurses are not BF frenly. when it was my time, they helped me a lot. but tat was like 2Y ago la. Maybe change of nurses already

ya i agree Dr Ng is a good and frenly doctor. i am very comfy under his care. he didnt encourage me to c-sec. he gave me two choices, induced or c-sec. i was at the end of 38 weeks and i have GD. so if baby doesnt come out by 39 week i have to be induced or c-sec. i chose c-sec. be it c-sec or natural, i nvr feel tat i am a failure. it is the best way for me to deliver my baby. for the sake of my baby and myself. last time i tot c-sec is a bad bad thing. but after experienced it, it is just another method of delivering. it is not my failure as a woman. no point we say things like tat. most important our babies are fine and we r fine. :D

i am surprised tat the nurses are not BF frenly. when it was my time, they helped me a lot. but tat was like 2Y ago la. Maybe change of nurses already

I went to Dr Ng in Columbia Asia, Puchong after reading so many good comments about him. I am 3 mths preg and 29 years old. My first visit wth Dr Ng (before 3 mths), he said his usual routine check also include Triple Blood Test which follows by Amniocentesis (of course this one depends on the Triple Blood Test results) and told me to go back and decide.

So on my 2nd checkup with him (exact 3 mths), I told him my decision is I do not want to take that test. And he said ok but he doesn't sounds very happy with my decision. He scanned my baby and just say baby has grown and don't worry. So I asked him, won't you also check the baby's neck measurement? And he said no since I am not keen to know about down syndrome results therefore he won't do it. Based on my knowledge and also with other gynes out there, they will first do the baby's neck measurement which is a basic test before the dr advice you if you should take the Triple Blood Test and then after that Amnio. He asked me "what's my concern with the neck since you are not keen to know about the down syndrome test"

So what does this means with Dr Ng? Does that mean if there's unusualness you see, you won't tell me? He basically treated me not as friendly as the first time I visited him since I didnt take up his package which he wants me to do. Besides, it's the mother's choice and not the gynae's choice. I find him very unethical and unprofessional. Plus his consultation with just a black and white scan is more exp than those charged out there. First visit RM168 and 2nd visit is RM135 and all of these are without any meds or supplements.

Therefore, I am going all my way to Shah Alam to see Dr Loo who is much much better than him.

I went to Dr Ng in Columbia Asia, Puchong after reading so many good comments about him. I am 3 mths preg and 29 years old. My first visit wth Dr Ng (before 3 mths), he said his usual routine check also include Triple Blood Test which follows by Amniocentesis (of course this one depends on the Triple Blood Test results) and told me to go back and decide.

So on my 2nd checkup with him (exact 3 mths), I told him my decision is I do not want to take that test. And he said ok but he doesn't sounds very happy with my decision. He scanned my baby and just say baby has grown and don't worry. So I asked him, won't you also check the baby's neck measurement? And he said no since I am not keen to know about down syndrome results therefore he won't do it. Based on my knowledge and also with other gynes out there, they will first do the baby's neck measurement which is a basic test before the dr advice you if you should take the Triple Blood Test and then after that Amnio. He asked me "what's my concern with the neck since you are not keen to know about the down syndrome test"

So what does this means with Dr Ng? Does that mean if there's unusualness you see, you won't tell me? He basically treated me not as friendly as the first time I visited him since I didnt take up his package which he wants me to do. Besides, it's the mother's choice and not the gynae's choice. I find him very unethical and unprofessional. Plus his consultation with just a black and white scan is more exp than those charged out there. First visit RM168 and 2nd visit is RM135 and all of these are without any meds or supplements.

Therefore, I am going all my way to Shah Alam to see Dr Loo who is much much better than him.

Hi mobymood,

Did Dr Loo suggests you do the same test? How much is the Triple Blood Test done by Dr Ng?

Dear all, I delivered my baby gal with Dr. Ng last month for C-Sec. I can walk as normal on 3rd day and not feel any pain after 1 week :)

Hi lala_milo,

Congratulations on your new born! I'm also seeing Dr. Ng now and will be delivering next month. May I know how much was your total bill and was that laser c-sec?

Thanks in advance.

I just joined this forum and found it to be very interesting.

I gave birth to my boy in 2009 in Columbia Asia Bandar Puteri. My gynae is Dr. Raja. from the first visit, i've informed her my intention of natural birth. Also i reconfirmed with her if she is pro natural birth. She answer our question perfectly (without hesitation) and we like her instantly. She is very patient with us and advice use on matter that we are worried about because my boy is conceive through IUI. We have to make sure that we are in safe hand. At that time, my delivery bill is about RM3.6k with delivery + epidural + vacuum + baby paeds charges.

Let me share my experiences with all the doctors in Columbia Asia Puchong.

I have been with Dr.Ng since my 1st pregnancy in 2008.

At that time, Columbia Asia Puchong has just been completed. The equipments are all new, and not so crowded. Waiting time is less than 10 minutes on weekends each time! I choose Dr.Ng is because he is a very experience Gynae from UKM, and I know coz read all the good feedbacks online. And I never regretted since then. My monthly check-up is always below 100 (include 3D scan and medication - folic acid - 1st 3 mths, obimin, calcium pills).

I am able to deliver via Natural with the help of forceps on Feb 2009. The delivery process is only RM 2900++ including OT, equipments, baby, single room for one night. Maybe I use 2 hours++ for the OT. My boy is assigned to Dr.Cheok. And I am glad he did because and Dr.Cheok is a very good, professional, patient & loving doctor.

In 2010, I am pregnant with my 2nd son. This time, everyone is flocking to see Dr.Ng. The waiting time is getting longer and longer (max 1 hour) and 10 mins consultancy. That time, I can see Dr.Ng is stress and not so relax like last time. Thus, we decided to try to see him during weekdays on his night clinic. As expected, he is more relax on weekdays, plus the waiting time is back to 10 mins only! But his fees has increased to RM120++ (plus medication) each session.

On Dec 2010, I delivered my 2nd son via C-Sec. Though I always emphasized I wanted to do natural delivery, our baby pass motion inside, thus Dr.Ng has no choice but advise us for C-Sec. It was 4AM weekend, so I thought the fees should be very high. But the whole delivery cost us RM 5K including baby (2 nights), mother (1 night). Phew ~

Our 2nd son was assigned to Dr. Florence. I find her a bit too serious and formal, sometimes she freaks me out. (no offence, just my personal opinion) Thus, we decided to change to Dr. Cheok, since his big brother is with Dr.Cheok. And most important Dr.Ng & Dr.Cheok both has night clinic every Monday, it makes our life much easier :)

Now, I am pregnant again, with 3rd baby. I will still go to Dr.Ng & Dr.Cheok, although I know the fees is quite high. My 1st checkup with Dr.Ng already RM160+ (w/o medication). Because Dr.Ng is a friendly and caring gynae, he is honest, and if he respect our decision to go for natural or c-sec, test or not test, (one day, I say no need urine test, he says OK) unless the condition does not allow. For this pregnancy, I opt for natural again, and Dr.Ng assured me I can do it, because I only have 1 c-sec only.

After this delivery, I will go for tuber ligation or IUD, whether I go for c-sec or natural.

From my earlier post, I praised Dr Ng Soon Pheng a lot. That was like nearly 4 yrs ago when CA is not so famous and he doesnt have tat much of patient nor so famous. I find that he has some personality change when I visited him twice recently. It makes me very uncomfortable and unhappy. He has become a bit more sarcastic. Maybe becos I am a bit sensitive or maybe becos I didnt make appointment as it was quite an emergency for me and the nurse squeezed me in. I dont know. I am thinking to change to Dr Loo at Bukit Rimau. Dilemma :(

Dr Loo is a very hot Gynae. You just have to wait longer to see her. My mantra "Its your hard earned money. Don't give it to someone whom you don't like. Gynae is a very personal thing, If you are not comfortable with a particular gynae, its best to just change. You already gave him 2 recent visits. If only 1, maybe he had a bad day or you had a bad day. But 2, I would not go back for a 3rd time".