elaine0901

Columbia Asia Medical Centre in Bandar Puteri, Puchong

Hi, I am seeing Dr.Silvam @ columbia Asia Puchong. He was the gynae I saw for both my older kids at UMSC in 2005 & 2006. He is a good Dr. But always don't like to take risk. But both my pregnancy went well. This time around is the same. He Is giving me all the what can go wrong...before my delivery as i have gestational diabetics which i also had for both my earlier pregnancy , I am due on 25th December 2012 . I manage to shut him by doing my homework on whatever he said. Hope I can have a safe delivery. His charges are very reasonable @ RM 75 + each chekup. Only thing I am still going to him cause he is gentle with patients. Tries to tell on epidural, c sect etc but would not pursue if you say no. Very experienced Dr from UM/UH but we patients have to give him confidence. my first was c section and second was normal uneventful vaginal delivery. His overall charges can be very reasonable RM 2500 to RM 4000 for normal ( max with added epidural , vacum etc). C sect can be around RM 6000 max.

Hello.

I'd been to CA in Puchong for my second delivery in 2008.

I chose to be with Dr Raja Juhaidah because I prefered myself to be handle by female doctor.

My previous history of delivery was by c-section as I have unexpected bleeding (maybe due to hypertension) at that moment. I was at SJMC at the time.

3 days before delivery, I had started to have a 'show' of some blood. I quickly consulted her, and was asked to come back if I feel the contraction getting frequent.

After 3 days, after a severe feeling of contraction I was admitted to CA puchong.

The nurses were excellent.

Gentle and yet so patient,

I was given some gas to relieve my pain but no avail. I'd been experience 3-5min contraction for the past 10 hours (starting from 10pm the previous night)

Dr Raja check the opening, It was only 2cm. She adviced me to have a sleeping injection so I can reserved some of my energy to push the baby out.

She expected my opening to be fully opened by evening. (at that moment it was only 9am)

So, I said ok.

After 30min the water broke.And the pain mounted as the contraction went to 1-2min frequency with lasted more then 30sec -1min each.

As I try to struggle to keep my calm by breathing and thinking about happy thoughts, I feel another "water broke" I was confused at the moment and quickly called the nurse to check.

The nurse told me that I had bleed myself.

She hurriedly called the doctor.

The pain was unbearable. By now, the sleeping drugs had taken its effect, I barely opened my eyes.

Dr Raja check my opening and she said I was at 8cm. With this rate I might be able to deliver within hour.

The bleeding & pain are getting worst. I couldnt take it anymore.

So, I force my husband to sign the c-section form.

I said I was too tired to opened my eyes.

So, there it is..c-section for the 2nd time.

Not a pleasent experience.

Post natal experience? even worst for the first 3 weeks as I had to depend on painkillers to relieve the pain due to the operation.

Now Im expecting the 3rd baby after 5years gap (I still felt traumatised after all that happen)