kellynkts

14 Feb 2010 = CNY 1st Day

Was playing with the Lunar Calendar application on my mobile phone and realised that 14 Feb 2010 (V-Day) is actually the first day of CNY (it's the Tiger year!)...

So couples who intend to tie the knot or ROM in 2010, can consider this day? :)

Not sure if there are any pantang-larang about getting married on the first day of CNY laaa...

Btw, 14 Feb 2009 is a Saturday and it's the 20th day of the 1st month (lunar calendar)... So, it's way after CNY, can plan for a romantic getaway? :P

Was playing with the Lunar Calendar application on my mobile phone and realised that 14 Feb 2010 (V-Day) is actually the first day of CNY (it's the Tiger year!)...

Not sure if there are any pantang-larang about getting married on the first day of CNY laaa...

Btw, 14 Feb 2009 is a Saturday and it's the 20th day of the 1st month (lunar calendar)... So, it's way after CNY, can plan for a romantic getaway? :P

But what am i thinking is when ROM..... since is the first day of CNY.... will it be available? Our friend or relative might cannot come for your ROM.... hehe...

Just checked via this website http://www.zdic.net/appendix/f27.htm that 14 Feb 2010 is indeed a good day for wedding :)

It is the day of Goat, hence it is not a good day for those born in the year of Cow.

However, 14 Feb 2009 is not a good day for wedding as it is the day of Tiger. Traditionally, it is believed that those born in the year of Tiger will only benefit themselves and not the other 11 zodiacs. But it is a good day for travel, so pack your bags and go for a V-Day mini-honeymoon! :P

Hihi...

I remembered that i saw in one of the news, someone said that 14/2/10 is quite a good date to get married... but i dunno how true that is.. juz wan to share with u..

I heard my mom and MIL says, is not good to get marry in month of "Chinese Calender January".

But where to get married woh?? Government department (JPN) is not available for sure... publich holiday ma.

If Thean Hau Gong, a lot ppls will go for prayers.. can still register? The place will be very pack, hard to take photos too.

Anyway, next year's V-day is on the same day with CNY 1st day... sigh, hubby sure say no budget to buy present dy coz have to give angpau ... :lol:

FH is hokchiew also and since he's from Sarawak, people over there like to get married during CNY coz that is when a lot of relatives are back. Initially, our wedding was almost scheduled during CNY too. However, after much discussion, we finally settled for year end schoold holidays :cool: Anyway, my mum doesn't like the idea of having my wedding during CNY coz there will be super duper a lot of work. Cannot focus!!