dreamaries79

Advice for big size bride!!!

dreamaries79,

first day PS done :) I use the long veil to cover my arms then for the evening short shooting, I'm using the chiffon shawl to cover, from the photos it look ok :)

either I lost weight or .. it is really big for me :D but I think today will lost weight la .. shooting shooting then I only had my dinner at 8.30pm, morning got breakfast la, but after that no more oh! :P

I am just about to have my ROm but not AD but after I read u gals messages, I just feeling touched and wanna to drop a message to ENCOURAGE u gals not to GIVE UP and KEEP FIT successfully!!!!

I have a dietician friend, n u know what, Proper diet + exercise is the only way to keep us FIT.

No foods are allow b4 u go to bed.

Gambadae kudasai B)

Hi dreamaries79,

I am a big-framed girl, hence no matter how skinny I am, I will always look big/fat.

I particularly hate my big arms though. It's not flabby, but it is just big big.

I will always have to go for one-size larger clothes just to fit my arms (unless it's a sleeveless one, but again who wants to wear sleeveless clothes with such big, ugly arms). I always admire gals with slender arms, especially those who are chubbier than me but have slim slim arms. Sometimes I blame it on my mom who made me do housework from young (I know I know, it's a myth that houseworks make your arms muscular) as well as my dad who made me swim every week during my younger days. :(

Hence, I will always try to hide my arms when my photos are taken. And I am always worried on how can I hide my big arms on my wedding day as well as during my pre-wedding photo shoots as most wedding & evening gowns are sleeveless!!! That was until I saw babysiew's photos:

She looked so elegant despite her size. I have obtained much tips on hiding my big arms from just looking at her photos. :D

So, am sharing with you babysiew's photos, hope that you will be able to learnt much as well.

P/s: babysiew, don't "kill" me for promoting your elegant photos, but you really look good! :P

hi dreamaries79,

count me in to your loops.. i'm plump & big arms too... I went to try a few gowns just to know whether I choose the gowns or the gowns choose me... very very dissappointed that... the gowns choose me... since then, I'm trying to slim down as much as I could... but my weight still maintain there even I cut down on food intake & try to do as much exercise as I could... so I'm here working hard to slim down together with you too... dun be sad ya... :)

jaunty_niel, mind to share your new diet recipe with me... lost 3.6kgs in 1 month is a very good result and normal diet speed... a doctor told me before, if 1mth I can lose 2kg then it's already very good and easy for our body to accept it so I won't gain back weight very fast too...

Hi Beautifulgown.... :) u must be happy finally ur PS is here... :) remember to share wif us of ur pics ya... :) so i can learn some tips in posing... :)

Hi kellynkts, thanx for sharing babysiew's pic with me, yes i noticed that babysiew use scarf, veils etc to cover up her arms and yet she looked beautiful in the gowns.... erm, i felt i regreted in choosing the gowns that are use in my PS as i choose whatever gown that fit me in well, not the type of gowns that i like... em... maybe should go back to BS and choose again?? Kelly, from ur pic, u doesn't look big size leh.. ur face so tiny :)

Rosayee, when is ur PS?? mine is next week wed n thur... i have less than 7days to lose more weight.... :( haha i think i always last mins in dieting... if the time is too far, i still eat like normal.... :) during my graduation, i lost 8kg in two weeks eventhough i knew when is my graduation date in advance, but my attitude is that always do things last mins... :) so now in less than 30days i need to lose 8kg too .. so far lost 5kg... targeting to lose 3more kg in 3days... yes yes, i know it's unhealthy... but now time is short for me.... :P

dreamaries,

I should thanks to Edwin as he asked me to get long veil .. veil really can cover your arms :) your PG will know what to do .. I saw some ugly photos with my arms too but they said don't worry can photoshop de :) so don't worry ya. :P

Haha, don't you know that you can always look as slim as you want in photos? Got Adobe Photoshop maaaa :)

Better than OSIM u-zap.. With the Photoshop, you can zap zap anywhere you want as well as got whitening effect... :P

If I were to send you an uneditted full view photo of myself, then you will know what I mean :)

Hi Beautifulgown.... :) u must be happy finally ur PS is here... :) remember to share wif us of ur pics ya... :) so i can learn some tips in posing... :)

Hi kellynkts, thanx for sharing babysiew's pic with me, yes i noticed that babysiew use scarf, veils etc to cover up her arms and yet she looked beautiful in the gowns.... erm, i felt i regreted in choosing the gowns that are use in my PS as i choose whatever gown that fit me in well, not the type of gowns that i like... em... maybe should go back to BS and choose again?? Kelly, from ur pic, u doesn't look big size leh.. ur face so tiny :)

Rosayee, when is ur PS?? mine is next week wed n thur... i have less than 7days to lose more weight.... :( haha i think i always last mins in dieting... if the time is too far, i still eat like normal.... :) during my graduation, i lost 8kg in two weeks eventhough i knew when is my graduation date in advance, but my attitude is that always do things last mins... :) so now in less than 30days i need to lose 8kg too .. so far lost 5kg... targeting to lose 3more kg in 3days... yes yes, i know it's unhealthy... but now time is short for me.... :P

beautifulgown,

today is ur last day of the shoot... how was it? fun? any pics to share?

Kelly,

hahah i know there is a photoshop... but i'm trying to perserve the original look as much as i can.. i dun wan later ppl said i looked different on photos... as i know, i heard from many frens said real person n person on photo so much diff... shocked the guest... so i dun wan the same thing happen in my reception :)

Helo Jaunty_niel,

thanx for ur suggestion... :) very comforting as i thought i'm the only one tat hav this prbs as not much MB member respond to this thread... :(

well, my PS will be in 10days time, i need a rapid way to slim down abit atleast 3-5kg.... to look better in pics... 14days ago, i'm a 72kg girl, after confirmed my wedding reception and my PS, i tried the rapid way to slim, so far lost 4kg in 14days... now i'm 68kg... so i wanted to lose somemore.... yesterday i thought i hav lost 4kg able to fit most of the gowns... but guess what, i'm wrong haha so depress... i thought i can be choosy in choosing the style of the gowns but instead chosen the gowns tat can fit me in... hahah haiyo, even hubby also laughed at me :) as i grew bigger since we started dating... i was 60kg before.. :)

so Jaunty, u really dun like your PS pics?? then how? reshoot or just leave it like tat? i dun wan to regret after seeing my PS pics, tat's y i rather starve myself than regretting in the future... dun worry, i stil eat, except drank milo for breakfast, then eat fruits for lunch and half bowl of rice wif normal dishes cooked by mum.. :) i do stil eat, just cut down on sweets n coke... :)

you can view my PS photos HERE..

i was around 55kgs - 58kgs when i took my PS photos @ RM688, 2 years ago. maybe because i was expecting a better outcome, that's why i'm not satisfied with the results. it's ok though, i'll be taking my ROM photos with edwin, might be having 1-2 hours of pre-wedding shoot, and another PS with Mikasa / LV / Vogue. don't worry about your arms, i guess the PG would use veils or shawls to help you cover them up!

made a promise with my FH that we'll take another new PS after our wedding - probably every 5 or 8 years, just like what my cousins and aunties does. don't starve. i've got a stomach ulcer few years back, underwent a surgery to remove 30% of my stomach. that's why now i can't do intensive diets like starving, juice diets - all you lose it just water weight instead of fats. when i started dating with my FH, i grew a lot! imagine in 2 years [give and take], from 55 to 81.6.

26.6 kgs. i guess i should be more depressed than you are. maybe you should cut down milo too? take something like low fat chocolate milk. i'm striving to lose weight too! done shedding 4.5 kgs in 36 days, will make sure i'm more disciplined later on.

good luck to you too! you're not alone wakkakakak...

dreamaries79,

yaya .. fun! :) sorry for late reply :P

they edited few photos, you can view it here http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index....5066&st=480 and 2 at page 18 (if not mistaken)

beach shooting is fun but kena sandfly bites la .. yesterday swallon then last night after applying aloe vera is ok but still ithcy :( sigh ..

Hello niel,

it's good that u can able to re-take ur PS... :) as we don't plan to retake... maybe will just take family portrait every 2-3years after my first child is born... :) thanx for ur idea in dieting :) doing well for me now... lost another 1.5kg for the past 5days.... PS will be in 3days for me... :) can't wait to get over with it... then i would hav another thing settle....

Beautifulgown, ur pics very pretty... i agreed wif eveyone, u looked like a model.... did u buy that Kua?

Hey, would u all suggest to buy fresh flowers for the indoor n outdoor shoot? or just use the fake flowers offered by the BS?

dreamaries,

ahh .. so paiseh la .. I never though I will look like a model :P

thanks for all the compliments :) thanks thanks thanks :)

Yes, I bought the kua, so this is the first time to wear the new kua for PS :) and first time wearing kua walking that street, hehe a lot of people look at us! hahahah :D

I prepared a fresh bouquet and silk flower bouquet for my PS. Ahhh .. sad I lost my silk flower bouquet! :( FH said he will compensate me one .. sigh but I don't think can find back the exact same flower. sigh .. nvm la .. since it is lost there is nothing I can do.

I remember I bring it back from beach then put inside the car but we cannot find it :(

beautifulgown, where did you buy your 'kua'?

I am looking for one. Hopefully the price is not to expensive

dreamaries,

Yes, I bought the kua, so this is the first time to wear the new kua for PS :) and first time wearing kua walking that street, hehe a lot of people look at us! hahahah :D

I prepared a fresh bouquet and silk flower bouquet for my PS. Ahhh .. sad I lost my silk flower bouquet! :( FH said he will compensate me one .. sigh but I don't think can find back the exact same flower. sigh .. nvm la .. since it is lost there is nothing I can do.

I remember I bring it back from beach then put inside the car but we cannot find it :(

carine,

My cousin helps me to get it from China. That time I pay RM450 for the kua.

beautifulgown, where did you buy your 'kua'?

I am looking for one. Hopefully the price is not to expensive

dreamaries,

dreamaries,

hehe .. thanks thanks :) I'm happy that people like our photos :)

I'm sure you will have nice photos too :)

beautifulgown,

no need paiseh as memang pics are pretty... ;)

dreamaries,

why you are not looking forward? how's your preparation, already sign up with BS?

Thanx beautifulgown.... i hope so too.... but at the moment i'm not really looking forward with my PS.... :(

beautifulgown...

i hav signed up wif BS n taking PS on this wed n thur.. but tmr (tues) need fetch PIL fr airport n fetch hubby's bro fr campus, go bank get ready fr the pingkam n at nite food tasting... i felt i had become a driver to hubby's family, by right, all these all done by PIL... but now since they are not fr my hometown n hubby cannot take leave so i do everything myself... i plan go manicure etc, also cannot lioa... :( regret in asking PIL to come for the family portrait...

dreamaries,

ahh .. soon oh :) are you excited? I wasn't excited until the very last day and the very days :D guess just too worry about the crazy weather.

as what others jimui said .. enjoy the shooting, at first I tot how to enjoy? as will be tired .. hahah but we really enjoy the moment! hehehee .. so please do enjoy the moment ya.

luckily I didnt use my AD's shoes for shooting .. ahhh . the one prepared for shooting .. rosak due to that 2 days shooting! hahahahha .. unbelievable lah! :D

I don't have time to do manicure or pedicure too, the day before shooting I'm still working and have a lot of works nid to clear before my 3 days leave. Family portrait is for memory ba .. nevermind de :) it is worth of doing it .. tak ape ya! :) enjoy ya!

Just wanted to share with you guys...

I'm a big sized gal too and I agree with the rest... halter tops really make us big gals look good, though the downside is the big arms.

My FH is a photographer so he got all this "lobang" and gonna try to get a fresh-out-of-university fashion design graduate to design my wedding gown. In fact, FH already talked to her about the design. My FH says that the "in" thing is simplicity.

So we are going to make a wedding dress (white one for church) that we can reuse as a cocktail dress. All we can do is to add a detachable train at the back.

Oh and regarding the arms... My FMIL knitted a shawl-type thingy. Remember those Shanghai 80's times where they wear this mink shawl around the arms and a bit off the shoulder... really looks nice with my halter dresses. Makes you look really, really elegant...

Me will go home take pic and show you guys... ;)

niel,

ahh .. the shawl is nice .. if the color is matches with the gown, it really help to cover the shoulder to arms part :)

gal289,

you are lucky to have such a good MIL :) I never know whether my FMIL is a good or bad type as I never have chance to serve her, she already in heaven :)

gal289,

does it look something like this?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3207/246771..._382770011e.jpg

such wonderful FMIL you have over there.. sigh.