smurf

Legend Electrical Centre SS2

I just bought some electrical items from Legend in SS2. It isnt my first time there. I have been there many time to buy cause the prices there are much cheaper compared to places like HSL and Seng Eng.

This time i bought a fridge, fan and washing machine from them. We confirmed on Sat that the delivery time is to be before 12 on Monday. We told them that we are staying in a gated community and the delivery time is strictly from 10am to 5 pm. So today, my dad went to my house to wait for the delivery man from Legend. My dad called Legend around 11am (that's when they open) to remind them. My dad was assured that the delivery man will be there by 12.

At 1230 my dad called Legend again. This time he was told that the delivery man will be there by 1pm. At 2pm still no sign of the delivery man. So my dad called them again. He was promised that the goods will arrive by 3pm. At 355pm still no sign of anyone from Legend.

So i called them. I was informed that the delivery man was on the way. I was satisfied so i spoke to the supervisor, Mr Wong. Mr Wong said the delivery man was on his way back to SS2 to collect the goods and will be there after 5. At this point, i informed Mr Wong that my area does not allow delivery man after 5pm. Mr Wong persistently argued that the guards will let them in. I find this absolutely absurd and ridiculous. If a residence who is saying that is saying such conduct is not allowed, who is he, an outsider to determine that it can be done? I find this not only preposterous but also terribly stupid.

I told them i wanted a refund. And end of story. I related this to my cousin who then told me that he has the same experience. He went to Legend to get air conditions for his condo and he needed them urgently cause his tenant was going to move in the next day. And Legend promised that they will deliver before 5pm cause his condo also does not allow delivery after 5pm. Legend did not turn up. Neither did they call. As a results, my cousin lost his tenant.

After my episode with Legend, i called HSL to find out the prices of the items i bought. Since its highly recommended by Legend as they are energy saving and what's not, i have decided to buy the same items from somewhere else. To my horror, i was informed by HSL that those items are old stock and the respective company no longer produce them. I thought its only a marketing gimmick maybe HSL does not have in stock. So i called a few more outlets and they all confirmed the same thing. Even other electrical shops confirmed it.

If i were you, i would avoid Legend at all costs.

sorry to hear about ur case. but i bought 1 air cond from legend ss2 2 months ago & they delivered it as wat they promised coz i'm not alwaz at home, so the contractor actually called me up early in the morning to arrange time to my place. I think it got to do with their contractors' attitude.

Although Legend in SS2 is famous with the reasonable price and lot of brands and choice of products, I personally does not like to visit them because:

1). The staffs is very snobbish and lazy to give their best price unless you wanted to make a purchase on the spot. They will just gv u discount like RM100(for a fridge) the max saying is the new arrival stock whereas other electrical shop same row as Legend is SS2 give more than that.

2). When a budget line presented to them they will still intro u the high end products which cost higher then our budget. For me, wat they want is sales but the knowledge of the products itself is very low. They will say is make locally or not la, how many they had sold la, no complaints, gv u the brochures and ask u to read all the good n benefits of the product n etc etc...

3). Bought a astro remote control and been charge for nearly triple the price from other shop and even Giant or Tesco. When ask why so pricey, the sales ppl wil say make in Taiwan and very good quality and not from China. To my surprise the back of remote is made in china. So, either they mislook or dishonest? When bring it home to test it out, is totally malfunction. CAnt get a refund but bought another tv cable instead.

The above is just my 2 cents of experiences only. I'm not saying anything bad but i think their customer service and knowledge of products need to brush up.

Yeah i went to the one on Old Klang. They seem more helpful. Bu tnever bought anything from them before so i dont really know how they operate.

Yesterday, i went to HSL to get my electrical items. I was told by the staff there that the same model which i wanted is actually made in Thailand and not Japan as claimed by the staff in Legend. I am so glad i didnt buy it. Otherwise, i would have paid a lot more for something which is of the same quality.

And yes, they are very stingy with their discount. The fridge i wanted to get, they quote me RM1850. So happens another customer of their is there to settle the outstanding. My dad asked the other customer, and they actually bought the same fridge for RM17xx only.

I dont know why you guys complain about Legends. But i notice all the posts are dated mid 2008. I bought my household items in Legends SS2 in Sept 09 and again 2 weeks ago. I have found Legends to be extremely cheap and the products are latest.

Of course they will have old stock as well especially imported brands which are not easy to sell like Electrolux and Bosch which they will try and sell to you but as a customer u should have your own knowledge of the products which u want. U cannot depend on the salesman to tell you everything.

At first when i went there i couldnt believe that the products were that cheap. All the products are about a few hundred cheaper than other places. I have gone around and looked in PJ and Puchong as well and none can match the prices Legends offers you. But of course u must be able to bargain. Dont expect them to offer you a very low price if you dont ask for it first.

I have double checked the Serial Numbers and Model numbers of the items which i bought with the respective HQ's e.g Toshiba, Phillips, LG, etc and all confirmed that the models i was interested in were the LATEST.

I bought a LG 32 inch full HD LCD TV 2 weeks ago. The model was 32LF20FR. The Legends salesman told me this was the latest. But i didnt quite believe because of the price he gave me. So i called up LG and they confirmed that the model was only launched about 3 weeks before that. I even faxed the copy of the brochure i got from Legends just to reconfirm the model number and they confirmed it for me. LG told me the retail price was RM 1999. But i bought mine for only RM 1550 from Legends SS2. Exact same model. Can someone show me another shop in Klang Valley which can give me a better price for the same model? I doubt. When i was in Legends, i saw a sales invoice for the same product which was bought by someone else for RM 1650. So it depends on how well u bargain. If u dont know how to bargain for sure ull end up paying a bit more. Dont blame the shop if u cant bargain well. Everybody wants to make the most profit.

When i bought my other household products back in Sept 09, i went thru the same procedure. I also went to check out ESH which is nearby. When i told them about the price that Legends was quoting me, ESH said no way Legends can offer so cheap. So i did all my usual background checks e.g calling up the respective products HQ, checking against other shops, etc. But couldnt find anything wrong or fishy with Legends. So i bought about 6 products from them and then took the original invoices and warranty cards and returned to ESH to prove to them. They were surprised and had no words to explain the price difference. For your info the 6 products cost about 2K cheaper than the total price quoted by ESH and another 2 shops in Puchong.

I also bought a Philips 42 inch Full HD LCD TV (42PFL3609S/98) with Digital Crystal Clear for RM 2850 only in Sept 09. This TV model was officially launched in June 2009. The same TV is currently sold in most shopping centres for about RM 3300 above. U can check it out yourself.

On the service, Legends delivered my products at the time i wanted without any hassle. The boss even called me up about 1 week after that to enquire whether all my products were working well. This is good customer service.

So for those of you who are planning to purchase electrical products, check out Legends in SS2. I have bought things from them on 4 occasions and all the time the products were latest, branded and cheap.

I went to D'Legend at Ss2, cheap but indeed got shops with almost similar prices. The woman who attended us wasn't that friendly, s he did answer all my questions, but with quite black face. And then we also heard and saw her talking on the phone, dunno scolding who, and we had to wait till she walk back to us to ask her further questions. but my previous experience of buying fridge and washing machine with them were quite ok, price of course cheaper than places like Best Denki, HSL.

Im not sure why so many ppl have complained about Legends SS2. Im actually surprised. It could be due to the salesman they have dealt with. My salesman was Alex and he gave me good service and surely good prices. I have no complaints against them. I have bought things from him many times over the past 6 mths and all have been in good condition.

i also bought from legeng ss2 and my salesman is Alex. Althought i find their price is not the cheapest but overall they are good and professional, they deliver on time and keep their words. I actually made a booking for my items 1 yr + ago but due to some reason i postponed it and he is ok with it, still very friendly.

i also bought from legeng ss2 and my salesman is Alex. Althought i find their price is not the cheapest but overall they are good and professional, they deliver on time and keep their words. I actually made a booking for my items 1 yr + ago but due to some reason i postponed it and he is ok with it, still very friendly.

Exactly! Thats wht im trying to say. Sometimes its the salesman that determines whether u get a good service and price. Maybe all those who have complained about Legends SS2 should try Alex and see if they change their mind.

Well about the price, as ive mentioned before, i think it depends on how well you bargain. Ive stated the model of the TV's i bought from them with the price. Can anybody tell me where else is offering better prices for the same model?

I also bought a brand new Toshiba 480L fridge model GR-RG48MD 480L Glass Collection with Hybrid Guard System (5 star energy saving) for RM 1650. Again, can anybody tell me another place in Klang Valley which offers a better price for the same model?

I just hope they maintain the positive attitude towards all customers, not just a few. I've heard too many negatives reviews about them.

Let me share my latest experience with them. I went back to Legends SS2 last Sat. I wanted to exchange the Alpha water heater which i bought. I got the heater without the pump for my parents and then changed it for the one with the pump. NO hassle at all. The one with the pump only cost me RM 415 (color). But i called about 20mins before i arrived. They even reserved a parking space in front of the shop. It was raining heavily when i came. I called Alex and he promptly sent another guy called Darren to remove the barricade to allow me to park. Then he came and collected my wife and i from the car with an umbrella.

Is this a good enough service for you?

Let me share my experience with them.

I called them asking about stock availability, they will surely say GOT STOCK, STOCK READY. They will do anything to lure you over there. When I reach there, I was told that no stock, stock finish or they will start pushing another model or brand to you. Not even an apology first. This happened to me not once or twice, but THREE TIMES! From that day onwards, I blacklist Legend SS2 and went to their competitors shop next door. Surprisingly, their price is as competitive as Legend but minus the crap tactics employed by their workers.

Let me share my experience with them.

I called them asking about stock availability, they will surely say GOT STOCK, STOCK READY. They will do anything to lure you over there. When I reach there, I was told that no stock, stock finish or they will start pushing another model or brand to you. Not even an apology first. This happened to me not once or twice, but THREE TIMES! From that day onwards, I blacklist Legend SS2 and went to their competitors shop next door. Surprisingly, their price is as competitive as Legend but minus the crap tactics employed by their workers.

Did u deal with Alex or Darren? If not i have no comment. I have never experienced such problems with them. Like i said before, i think alot depends on which salesman u deal with. Go try Alex or Darren and then tell me if the same problem exists.

I've been going to Legend on multiple occasions since end of last year...so far I have no issue. It depends on the product. I either go to Legend or Jintex only as their prices are excellent and service is good; i.e. deliver on time, responsive and good follow-up.

I supppose it all depends on which items you had bought. I bough several items at different times from Legend. I however had one very bad late experience in delivery. They were supposed to have my refrigerator delivered by 6pm however only arrived 7.30pm that day giving the excuse of the traffic situation. What's unrealiable about this is the fact that if I were a very busy person, I could have made prior engagements and meeting at 7.30pm and hence be late. Unfortunately such outlets with staff with mediocre intelligence do not understand the essence and importance of time. Hence when making arrangements with such people we will have to forsee unforseen circumstances.

I've been buying electrical items from Legend SS2 for years, but i have to say that their service is getting worse everytime. I was there yesterday to buy some stuff and to my surprise the staff that was supposed to help me out kept on looking straight behind me for a mirror reflection from the TV or (maybe there was a mirror) to do his hairdo, it lasted for about ten minutes while i was asking him about some new model for the item that i wanted to purchase.. summary he wasnt even interested if i were to purchase the item.. i guess they are making really good money that they are not bothered anymore... ( darren assist me two years back, he was good tho but certainly not this hairdo guy!)

I have bought some electrical goods from this shop in Kepong (which has been in business for over 30 years) and find their prices reasonable and the salespeople are sincere and responsible. My family have bought from them for many years and find them to be reliable.

Anyone interested can pm me and I will give you their contacts.

during the heydays, there were THE shop to go for electrical items.

as business boom and lotsa cash coming in, $$$ rules at the end of the day, customer centric is down the drain! this happens everywhere, nothing to shout about.

people, lets shop smartly, go to several shops to survey and then decide for yourselves.

as for legend, let them be A Legend.... :lol:

Not really. Depending who is ur salesman. I met a girl named Zoe. She gave me professional product knowledge and recommended me the right products. I love her service although the shop is smelly&dirty. Most of the time, i'll just call in her shop to look for her for recommendations. I don't like legend service especially the drivers n workers. If not because of zoe's service, i won't buy from legend.