ashley_woo

Bridal Shower/Hen's Night/Bachelorette Party

I'm not sure whether someone has started this topic or not. And I couldn't find any girl asking or talking about this. Moderator, if there's a similar thread, please help to merge it. Thank you.

Is the hen's night normally the day before the wedding? Or I can do it few weeks before?

Though have it the night before the wedding might be more meaningful. My friends are planning to have a bridal shower for me.

I had a friend who went for a few hen's night before. They were quite crazy as they bought 3 dozens of condoms, sold them in the pub, put the condom on the cleavage of the bride-to-be and the men or whoever bought the condom got to pick it up(with their mouth) from her cleavage. She told me it was fun though, and they would protect the bride if at all the men got rude. :blink:

And the other one I've heard was quite normal and decent, a nice dinner and had the bride to wear the veil and T-shirt with "I'm getting married tomorrow" walking in the mall. Sounds cute.

Sisters out there, mind to share yours with me? Thank you. ;)

Cheers,

Ashley

For me, a night b4 wedding is quite impossible..

First, will be too tired.

Second, my wedding's in school hols..say..the second week.. most of my colleagues already on holiday..

so, i plan to have it on the Saturday (first day of Hols)

Few choices: depend on my wallet -of-the -day

1) spa, mani, pedi or massage at a centre

2) Hav chocolate cakes at Secret Recipe in the evening.

I din plan to go pubs or hav those active fun things..my work already looks like one..so smthing slow is what we need.

What bout urs?

I would not be having any hen's night too..want a good night rest for we have a tight schedule on our AD to complete fetching bride then go back FH plc then rush to the restaurant in mainland for our wedding luncheon liao..so i guess i need all the rest i could get.. :)

hen night? i dont think i can have it also.. further it will be out of my hometown and those that can attend only a few of them only. AND the most important one - not familiarize with the place over there!

however will try my best to get a ladies night out a few nights before that ! :D

I am interested to have one? Is it normally the bridemaid that helped organise?? Or do I have to organise?

I dont want to too 'energetic hen's night but prefer something more relaxing like:

- A day spa

- Pedicure, manicure

- a private dinner with the gals

I guess it really depends on your galfriends.

Thanks for sharing! :lol:

Yeah, have it the night before the wedding is kind of tired as we have a long day to go the next day.

I plan to have it a week before my wedding day.

You can always co-organize the hen party with your friends carine, although I've known of some that was extra lucky to have their gfs throw them a surprise party.

So far I've only been to one hen party cos not many of my close friends gotten married and since hers was a few weeks before mine it was sort of like a hen party for me..kekek hope you don't mind Pet!!

We had a spa night at Villa Manja and it was really fun and relaxing. Should give it a try, ladies

since we are on this topic..

just wondering.. who is paying for these stuff?

ourselves?

or the bridesmaid and the other gals??

I'm thinking to go on dutch whatever we have spent, dun feel good to get my friends spend for me, hehe!! :P

The bill normally will be borne by the friends... However, we're malaysian... it'd be best to split the bill... So that everyone's comfortable......

Am thinking of to go for a spa with my friends.... Hehehe... Since mummyally had a good experience on that. :P

Hi all,

Each of my gang of ji muis who got married had their hen's nite organised by the rest of the ji muis.

Definitely not the night before, usually a week or two before the AD. We usually will book a suite at a hotel here and we will go out for spa (at the hotel), dinner , drinks etc and then chat overnight over wine. Girl's talk. Pretty cool actually.

I actually had 2 hen's nites. The first one was an all girls' trip to Bkk. We did not do anything too crazy in BKk. Mostly a getaway with the girls to relax and shop haha

The girls organised another hen's nite here, got a suite at traders hotel. We went for a nice relaxing massage at the Trader's spa. After dinner, we went to skybar and I had to perform 10 tasks, which were to walk around the pool wearing a beauty and the beast tiara and wand, asking for a personal belonging of a guy, getting a guy to buy me a drink etcccc. Nothing overboard, just some simple task which was fun.

For all our hen's nite the ji muis will pay for the bride to be's share. Usually we will use the angpow we got from the groom to pay and extra will be shared amongst the ji muis.

Coincidentally, I am organising a bridal shower for my best friend in mid August and have booked a suite at Le Meridien. Still planning details but will be going to Zeta Bar. After organising a few, it's quite tough to come up with something different. So pls share your ideas with me :) Thanks.

Wahhhh Ade... :o So luxurious one your hen's night...... Don't think i have the $$$$ to do that... My girl friends all will definitely say NOOOOOO......

Even to ask them go spa with me once in a while they already think that I'm crazy......

i agree la ashley.. i also dun have the $$ to spend, also pai seh if something i plan cost too much and expect for my gals to pay for it...

I'm thinking of just a regular clubbing night, but all gals. Something like in the show Made Of Honour.

but what adetan has is really the ideal hens night.. :)

Yeah, May. If we could do that, it would be so nice and so memorable... Not to say that the normal one is not memorable or nice lah... But with that extra $$$$, at least my girl friends will not think that I'm pinching their pockets loh...... Haiii...... Guess it's too late for me to go and find a rich guy now... hahahaha :lol:

Wah...adetan.

So jealous of you la.

All my zhi muis are from different group and hence, I have to get them together.....it'll be unlikely that they organise for me la.....

But I like your idea..hehe

Also, mummyally, thanks for ur infor ya.

You can always co-organize the hen party with your friends carine, although I've known of some that was extra lucky to have their gfs throw them a surprise party.

So far I've only been to one hen party cos not many of my close friends gotten married and since hers was a few weeks before mine it was sort of like a hen party for me..kekek hope you don't mind Pet!!

We had a spa night at Villa Manja and it was really fun and relaxing. Should give it a try, ladies

of course not! It was a great night :) really relaxing and good for all the girls who've not met each other. All the girls chipped in and paid :) thanks ally! I wish you told me then that you've not had your hens night and I could have asked the girls to get your other friends ( or your sister) to come along too - will send you your photos soon!

Mind you, the bridesmaid did take me out the night after (or was it before?!?) and we had a few drinks and they made me wear silly things like " Bride" sashes, a shooter glass (for shooters!) and other stuff hahaa

Wah...adetan.

So jealous of you la.

All my zhi muis are from different group and hence, I have to get them together.....it'll be unlikely that they organise for me la.....

But I like your idea..hehe

Also, mummyally, thanks for ur infor ya.

hi carine! ideally your bridesmaids should be the ones organizing this for you - sort of a celebration of your last night as a single gal :) I gave all the contact details of all my close girlfriends and my sister and my best friend in Perth organized it with all the other girls in KL - and they have not met most of them either! So, it can work even if you have different groups of friends because they all have one thing in common- you!

I'm going have to my hen's night a mth or 2 b4 my AD!! hahaha.. cos i know mine will be a crazy night.. so i need to recuperate b4 my AD.. I'm going to book a service apartment (The Ascott) <- sponsor by me.. then we probably gonna have a civilised dinner then followed by drinks i guess.. and i'm very sure my gal friends will kena me teruk.. cos when i organised their hen's night.. i kena them quite teruk.. hahahaha.. nothing overboard la.. just a bunch of gals trying to have some fun.. i can c myself getting really drunk that night.. hehehe..

Im thinking to have a dinner or spa and massage session with all my ji muis for bridal shower. And will have my Hen's nite 2 days b4 AD in Luna Bar.. My ji muis already plan what to do on that nite, hope everything will be fine.. :lol:

so nice that you gals have hen's nite. I don't have one as I don't have many friends and most friends have got married too and they have their own life. The only thing I have is my relatives and some of my parents' friends coming over to our house the day before AD. They basically just came to see me to have comb hair ceremony and eat the 'tong yuen'. They just chit chat and laugh there. I think it should be ok gua. :P

Hmm....i taught hen's nite shud be 1 mth b4 the AD ? Coz you will getting busy after tat.

I came across an idea from a fren. They actually dressed up the couple ( movie star - madonna (curly hair ,bra with long horn) and can't recall groom costume) and all of them going to china town which a lot of people passing by.

Then they have some action to ask the couple to do.I find it very funny & all of them are enjoying.

I wish i can have a hen's night too but budget is too tight. My friends will insist that i pay for everything if i were to ask them to go somewhere with me. This happens during my birthday every year too !! If only my friends are a little bit more sporting....

I thought the girlfriends should be splitting the bills among themselves for the hen's nite?? :o If not, AA should be the case. No???? :huh::blink::unsure::ph34r: