Hi all,

i was thinking to DIY bridal veil, anyone has try that b4? mind to share? hehe.. ;)

hi.. i did it.. i went buy the flower, ingredient from a shop in jln imbi (behind lot10).. simple one without veil.. coz just for registration marriage ceremony.

Hi all,

i was thinking to DIY bridal veil, anyone has try that b4? mind to share? hehe.. ;)

hi.. i did it.. i went buy the flower, ingredient from a shop in jln imbi (behind lot10).. simple one without veil.. coz just for registration marriage ceremony.

would luv to c it.. muz b lovely.. hehe.. :)

actually i did buy a veil material cloth from Kamdar, 5 meter long!

and for my photoshoot, just fold it in half, ruffle it up in the middle and use black pin and clip it to my hair.

actually i did buy a veil material cloth from Kamdar, 5 meter long!

and for my photoshoot, just fold it in half, ruffle it up in the middle and use black pin and clip it to my hair.

Hi May,

how much is ur veil?? wat color isit and wat's the material like? thanx ya.. :)

its like those veil material.. err.. netting like? hard to explain.. hehe.. veil lah!!! heheheh

white colour.. i think you can get in ivory if you want to match your gown.

About rm4.5 per meter.. cost me Rm20 plus.. is already have side stitchings...

its actually quite easy to design... either you can buy little lacy white ribbons and sew at the sides, or do it like mine, just leave it plain.

Mine is really really long, cos I use it for photoshoot. You can get about 2 meters also enough la.

its like those veil material.. err.. netting like? hard to explain.. hehe.. veil lah!!! heheheh

white colour.. i think you can get in ivory if you want to match your gown.

About rm4.5 per meter.. cost me Rm20 plus.. is already have side stitchings...

its actually quite easy to design... either you can buy little lacy white ribbons and sew at the sides, or do it like mine, just leave it plain.

Mine is really really long, cos I use it for photoshoot. You can get about 2 meters also enough la.

Hi May,

Thanx alot for ur info.. i m looking for ivory color.. hehe.. will check out in Kamdar.. :lol:

I bought mine in Kuching, .. 3 meters long .. well .. it is quite long :P

I leave it plain too .. nothing on the veil .. just plain.

I have another veil, a short one .. I sew a small red rose ribbon and beads on it, but didn't use that for PS.

I bought mine in Kuching, .. 3 meters long .. well .. it is quite long :P

I leave it plain too .. nothing on the veil .. just plain.

I have another veil, a short one .. I sew a small red rose ribbon and beads on it, but didn't use that for PS.

Hi BG,

any photos to share for the 2nd veil? thanx ya.. ;)

there u go.. finally got my bridal veil.. check it out.. feel free to comment.. btw, it's really a simple veil..

:)

thought of adding some simple accessories like small pearl n etc.. any suggestions??

v3.jpg

lace or beads?

there u go.. finally got my bridal veil.. check it out.. feel free to comment.. btw, it's really a simple veil..

thought of adding some simple accessories like small pearl n etc.. any suggestions??

v3.jpg

ya, beads would be nice... like those crystal beads... or even sequins... something to make it bling a little.. :D

lace or beads?

v3.jpg

lace.. errr.. u have any idea where or how do i include lace? i think wif lace is quite good too..

any sample pictures that u have?

mmm .. it looks good but I think is quite easy to do it, right?

for the lace, just sew at the edge there but that is going to look very lacy, I think beads will be good. :)

it just my opinion :)

mmm .. it looks good but I think is quite easy to do it, right?

for the lace, just sew at the edge there but that is going to look very lacy, I think beads will be good. :)

it just my opinion :)

hi BG,

thanx for ur advice ya.. was thinking to include pearl.. medium size ivory color pearl.. to match the gown.. coz there r medium size pearl on my gown too.. hehe.. :)..

Hi gals,

For those DIY their own veil, would like to check the tulle material that you bought, wat's the width like? The one I bought is about 60inch width but i find that it's not broad enuff ler... coz i'm thinking of doing a fully gathered 2 tier veil... coz i wanted the side to fall longer to mid arm but seems like for this width it will fall on the upper arm... not sure if u get what i mean, the lenght is enuff coz it's 4meter but the width..... anyone can help me on this?

snowie,

i went to the link you gave, the veil there looks very nice indeed!

what you want to add on to the veil is, depending on your gown, but it already look nice enough!

i also had a similar ribbon veil during my ps... and the effect came out really good, just a simple veil with ribbon trimmings :)

Hi BG n Eve,

I got the inspiration of how to make a ribbon veil from there too.. altho, the outcome turns up to b so so oni.. and i figure ribbons veil is the most simplest and easiet to do among all.. Thanx for ur feedback ya... :lol:

Hi jean_jj,

i think most of the 'untouched' tulle material's width is about the size that u had mentioned.. the one tat i bought is about 2 meters, but when i fold into half.. it became like a rectangular shape instead of a square.. like wat BG did, she oni bought 1.5 meters, so when she fold into half size, the size is juz like a square and when u wanna cut into round shape, it's more simple n ez.. whereas mine, my tailor cut it into oval shape coz dun 1 2 waste the material.. in fact i have quite a sum of balance left.. and i can utilize it for other purpose n now cracking my head on how to include it for the headband for flower gals.. hehe.. njoy ur DIY ya.. :)

snowie,

actually if the ribbon width is thicker it would look better la.. hehe

so what are you going to add into the veil?

you got your WG already or not? if yes then wear the veil with the gown first, before deciding, cos if the gown already very elaborate, then no need to do anything to the veil la..

but if the gown is simple, then you may want to add somethings onto the veil, but try to use matching beads, or lace, so that it compliments your gown :-)

waiting to see the end result!!

Hi BG n Eve,

I got the inspiration of how to make a ribbon veil from there too.. altho, the outcome turns up to b so so oni.. and i figure ribbons veil is the most simplest and easiet to do among all.. Thanx for ur feedback ya... :lol:

Hi jean_jj,

i think most of the 'untouched' tulle material's width is about the size that u had mentioned.. the one tat i bought is about 2 meters, but when i fold into half.. it became like a rectangular shape instead of a square.. like wat BG did, she oni bought 1.5 meters, so when she fold into half size, the size is juz like a square and when u wanna cut into round shape, it's more simple n ez.. whereas mine, my tailor cut it into oval shape coz dun 1 2 waste the material.. in fact i have quite a sum of balance left.. and i can utilize it for other purpose n now cracking my head on how to include it for the headband for flower gals.. hehe.. njoy ur DIY ya.. :)