jaylow

Trip to Japan

Hi,

anyone been to japan? which part of japan? and where to go?

Me me me!! I've been to Japan ... but that was many many years ago :D Why? you planning to go Japan for vacation ah Jaylow? Soooo lucky! :P

I think arieloh just came back from there for her honeymoon ;)

hi jaylow...

i've been to tokyo & fuji city.... awesome place... :P .. it's a MUST to go tokyo... very unique city, full of life... on the other hand, fuji is a small peaceful town... japan is a shopping & eating paradise.. but very $$$.... ;)

I will be going in July for 9 days. Hokkaido & Tokyo..

Free and easy trip..

For Hokkaido, we will visit Hakodate, Sapporo, Otaru and Furano..

For Tokyo, still discussing..

hey ladies!

me planning to go v hb. But hb will go for business trip first. So thot of meeting him there and he also can extend his stay. Also save one person's air ticket since his tickets are free ma. :P

We plan to stay in budget hotel. And we do not like to visit temples. But we love to see Japanese 3d art la, shopping places.

gals, how you book hotels? I mean which website or what? Pls share share..... ;)

jaylow,

whatever you do in Japan, please DO NOT TAKE CAB!! The fare is gonna kill you! It's disgustingly expensive! :o :angry:

hey ladies!

me planning to go v hb. But hb will go for business trip first. So thot of meeting him there and he also can extend his stay. Also save one person's air ticket since his tickets are free ma. :P

We plan to stay in budget hotel. And we do not like to visit temples. But we love to see Japanese 3d art la, shopping places.

gals, how you book hotels? I mean which website or what? Pls share share..... ;)

jaylow, which part of japan? perhaps i can help..

just booked hotel in tokyo the other day..

sori jaylow...

can't help you in this coz i stayed with my mom in japan (my mom has an apartment in japan)...

Ladies,

Thank you so much for your responses. PM, thanks for your website. When i have a look then perhaps will ask you more questions ya.

Actually dunno where to go in Japan. Need your recommendation. But we don't like to go museums and temples one :P also dun like classic things regarding olden days one :P Others like shopping for new tech and see what the trend in their market lor....

Sounds like tokyo hor? if can sure go like 5 days lor.....but dunno not enough $$$ or not :(

I had been to a few places in Tokyo. Harajuku, Shibuya, Tokyo Disneyland, Odaiba, etc.

The last time my trip to Japan, managed to go to Onsen (natural hot spring) nearby Mount Fuji. A unforgetable experience :rolleyes:

This is the map for railways. In japan, if u can go any where with trains... :lol:

http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Harbor...map-private.jpg

places that mentioned by Qgal is a must in tokyo namely harajuku, ginza, shibuya..

my friend spent S$1.5K for foods & shopping (4D3N)..

she bought quite a lot of comestic..

i went to tokyo in march for work, for me, what is a must for me to do in Japan:

1) eat ramen, it is soooo good, esp, the soup and noodle, malaysian japanese restaurant can't compare, preferably is handmade ramen. 700 Yen (good wan) RM22, of course you can find those Ramen shop 390 Yen along JR station (underground), buy the coupon from the vendor machine at the entrance and pass to them, normally they will ask u whether you want Soya sauce, salt or miso favourite-this is apply for cheap ramen only.

got time, venture to those lorong (lane) to view thier small japanese restaurant, just sell small BBQ food and drinking shop, lot of working people there, u will be surprised it is crowded.

2) eat dessert, there is a lot of dessert shop in tokyo, either hanajuku or shinjuku or shibuya. Will highly recommend strawberry sponge cake with thick fresh cream, it taste so good, like going to heaven. a standard dessert (with ice cream) is about 1000 Yen which is RM32. Japanese rice is good, go to any 24 hrs convenience shop can find those rice dumping, tasty.

3) eat yogurt from Hokkaido, it is very good also, basically their dairy products is good.

4) go hanajuku on saturday nite, to see weird people on the street, they dress up in animated character, anyway it is just funny looking youngster. Hanajuku can get cheaper clothing shop, but u must venture to those lorong (lane) as those lane shop is cheaper.

4) eat Tako ball and japanese pancake, can't find good one in Tokyo, Osaka street or Kyoto street can find it quite easily.

5) go to 100 yen shop and buy snacks, lots of variety but prefer to buy snacks to give away as present, shinjuku got 1 but near prince hotel, take lift 6 floor.

6)hmmm...those japanese guy is very cute, hehehe..almost forget my FH, like their quietness and gentleness. Tall and fair, find malaysian guy a bit too noisy. Japanese guy is very tall now. 180cm is easily can be spotted in Tokyo. But japanese guy got various typed, some also very annoying and talk loud loud. Sooner later you could differentiate.

see only ok? if you know the truth of japanese guy hidden life, u guy will drop your eye balls, want a husband better dun look for them.

If staying in Tokyo, I will recommend to stay in Shinjuku, Keio Plaza hotel, not too expensive but it is very convenience as cross the road, can find a lot of small and affordable japanese restaurant already. Isetan and Takashimaya is within walking distance (see ok lar but can't afford, i look at the dress, my saliva wants to come out already, so nice), take JR to anywhere is convenience also. Electrical shop is near and big too, recommend shop:sakuraya or big camera, my japanese friend prefer to buy from those shop, show your passport to get rebate for Tax instantly. buy digital camera (ask for international version) as our power here is different from japan.

If you spend more than 10,000 (in a single receipt) Yen keep the receipt, can get Tax refund at the airport

Special tip: Don't buy those japanes snack while travelling around, u can buy it last minutes in the airport, exactly the same, some more cheaper as they dun't charge you tax. normally it is 1,000 Yen +110 Yen for tax=1110 Yen, in airport is 1000 Yen, no need to carry around also.

hope it helps :unsure:

Purplelilac,

Wow! Thanks for your great tips!!!

PM,

domoarigato!

Dear all,

Thanks for your input ;)

Yes yes!!! I like their 1oo yen shop so much. Can actually find good quality and cheap stuff there :blink:

I bought a raincoat in 100 yen shop during my Japan trip 2 years ago, quite good quality, still tahan until now. :P

jaylow,

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>どういたしまして</span>

have you managed to book the hotel?

nope...have not got time to go to the japan visit places website yet

Will do it by this month.

Yes yes!!! I like their 1oo yen shop so much. Can actually find good quality and cheap stuff there :blink:

I bought a raincoat in 100 yen shop during my Japan trip 2 years ago, quite good quality, still tahan until now. :P

I bought raincoat here in malaysia in 100 yen. Its RM 4.50. Very nice and practical to use. And quality is good.