jaylow

Trip to Japan

Hi, maybe you can check the domestic flight from my post, i have written a bit about it,

http://travelogue.wchpeng.com/?s=visit+to+japan+fare

as for international ticket, you can check out SQ, there is promotion for flight to Osaka, if your destination is Hokkaido, you can either fly there from Tokyo or Osaka.

as for the hotel, you can stay in those business hotel from the group of toyoko-inn, which is about 9xxx yen per night for 2 pax, with breakfast. it is depends where u going to stay. you can always search for it at travel.rakuten.co.jp which i usually used to book my hotel.

Does anyone know where we can find good and reliable shops in Osaka that sells international version of video camera? Any recommendations on the viewcam?

Hi hoilee,

I also planning to go japan for my honeymoon!

Do you mind to share with me your free & ease itenary ??

By the way, we plan to go on Jan'09, is it a good time to visit Japan?

Thanks ^_^

Hb and I will be in Osaka for 3 days and we plan to go to those major tourist attractions as well as making a 1 day trip to Kyoto. In other words, 2 days sightseeing in Osaka and 1 day in Kyoto.

Would like to purchase a hassle-free travel card but gets very confused by all those subway lines and travel card offers which comes with exception of certain lines. Anyone been to Osaka? Which would be the best value for money travel card?

For visa, you need to fill up the form (can print from internet or get it from the embassy), attach your photo to it. Documents to bring along are your flight itineraries, letter from your company stating your position in the co, years of service and how the expenses in Japan will be borne. If you are working in your own company, then you have to write the letter using your co's letterhead. It also helps if you bring along your bank account statement (copy and original). If you go on business trip, you have to have a letter from your counterpart in Japan stating the reason they are inviting you over. Also, bring your passport together of course. It takes 3 days for them to process the visa.

If u're gong under company, you also need to give them your M&A and Form 49 if I am not mistaken. A lil bit exra work. If for leisure, it's lke what fluene mentioned above. Most importantly, they want to know who is going to borne the expenses and how much is that person's salary per month. That's why they'll ask for your 3 months' bank statement. I suppose they are afraid some people might "jump plane" and end up working there illegally.

I just get my visa on Monday. I'll be going for a business trip. I have every documents they need in order and my co has already stated that all expenses will be borne by the co. And yet, they give me 15 days visa only :(

Thanks for the info.. futher questions... "how the expenses in Japan will be borne" will be stated inside the Company letter as well?

Flight Itinaries meaning we need to book the flight 1st? or juz show them which flight we going to board..?

After we prepared enough documents, we will have to go to Jap embassy to apply? What's the process like after we go to embassy?

For visa, you need to fill up the form (can print from internet or get it from the embassy), attach your photo to it. Documents to bring along are your flight itineraries, letter from your company stating your position in the co, years of service and how the expenses in Japan will be borne. If you are working in your own company, then you have to write the letter using your co's letterhead. It also helps if you bring along your bank account statement (copy and original). If you go on business trip, you have to have a letter from your counterpart in Japan stating the reason they are inviting you over. Also, bring your passport together of course. It takes 3 days for them to process the visa.

Hubby n I just came back from our honeymoon to Japan 2 months ago. We purposely chose end of March so we can see Sakura. Its beautiful! We were so worried that we were too early there. But once we reach Tokyo we were glad to see sakuras greeting us. We joined a Singapore tour company. Cheaper compared to Malaysia tours but u need to apply your own Japanese Visa in Malaysia.

Places we visited: We landed at Kinsei Airport, Osaka, then went Nara, Kobe, Osaka, Kyoto, Gamogori, Shizuoka, Fuji, Hakone, Tokyo and Narita.

We extended 1 more night so we can see more of Tokyo without the tour. Really worth it!

Planning to go Japan next year. Don't know how many days yet but think of going all the famous city. See the bullet train in Japan: Japan Anyone?

so cool.. It's really a developed country :rolleyes: Just wanna know any recommendation for a must-go place there? Plan for so long already and finally got enough money to go haha.

Planning to go Japan next year. Don't know how many days yet but think of going all the famous city. See the bullet train in Japan: Japan Anyone?

so cool.. It's really a developed country :rolleyes: Just wanna know any recommendation for a must-go place there? Plan for so long already and finally got enough money to go haha.

Kyoto is a must. Very beautiful

for those who r going to japan, u migh consider to get a multi days public transportation pass which onlyy can b bought in msia n is only meant for tourist...it cost about RM800 but u can have as many trip on the bullet train as u wanted...i heard of it but dunno where to get it...sigh....

me too going to japan in oct....done my visa in aug.i dont think there is time limit for u to decide when to apply.........no $$ to b there so long...shop till i really drop!normally days of stay would depends on how long u intend to stay in there.....

have to book r fllight first then only can submit it to japan embassy. iheard the one in KL is better...my cousin's visa has been denied a few times as he is not studying n not working(they afraid he go there jump aeroplane..somemore needs a guarantor ...akeke

for those applying,

1)get ready with an up to date passport photi(canot b more than 6 month ago)

2)itinerary(printed in a4 paper)

3)prove of fund-print ur bank book with a 3-6 month transaction-say u r applying in aug,so u need ur bank transaction printed from may n best give them 6 month.....on the spot u have to provide them the saving passbook....if its a e-print,u have to bring it to the bank n ask them to certified it.last time they say ur account must have at least 5K now dunno liau la.so ma fan...

4)where to stay also have to b stated eg, hotel names n address

5)letter of employment- even if u go there for leisure, u have to get a letter from ur company stating that wat post u r in n how long have been working there.....for those lucky lucky siu lai lai, akeke....ur employer(hubby)...akeke...just joking lah......for those housewife, get a photostat copy of ur registration of marriage cert. photocopy one n bring in the original in case they need to c.if u still a student then get a student letter from ur school.

those were the few things that we have to look out for...the rest i think is self explanatory..

anything else i left out?

for those who r going to japan, u migh consider to get a multi days public transportation pass which onlyy can b bought in msia n is only meant for tourist...it cost about RM800 but u can have as many trip on the bullet train as u wanted...i heard of it but dunno where to get it...sigh....

You can get the JR Pass from ANA office in KL. Cost 28300yen. JAL office will cost more 31209yen.

ANA Kuala Lumpur Office

Suite 11.01, Level 11, Wisma Goldhill 67, Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur

:D

Hope that helps.

Hi all,

I am planning my honeymoon to Hokkaido in December and planning to follow the tour with Apple Vacations. Has anyone here been on their tour. Are they good?

Thanks!

Hi macadamia,

I'm planning to sign up the hokaiddo tour with Apple vacation as well. Which date you are planning to go? I went to Matta fair last weekend, so far i think they are the best as the itinerary fills all my requirements. :rolleyes:

Hi all,

I am planning my honeymoon to Hokkaido in December and planning to follow the tour with Apple Vacations. Has anyone here been on their tour. Are they good?

Thanks!

Hi macadamia,

I'm planning to sign up the hokaiddo tour with Apple vacation as well. Which date you are planning to go? I went to Matta fair last weekend, so far i think they are the best as the itinerary fills all my requirements. :rolleyes:

=) so far looking at the hokkaido + 2 day skiing. think that one is on 13/12. Which tour and date are you looking at?? I went to check out their website today, think they have 2 more tour i am quite interested in but no itinerary yet so i can't check it out yet.

=) so far looking at the hokkaido + 2 day skiing. think that one is on 13/12. Which tour and date are you looking at?? I went to check out their website today, think they have 2 more tour i am quite interested in but no itinerary yet so i can't check it out yet.

I'm thinking to sign up the package of 7D/5N hokkaido (Winter love story) and will be somewhere near xmas, thinking to have a white christmas this year. Urs is 8D/6N right? Have you paid the deposit?

yeah initially i saw the 7D/5N tour too but wanted to have a longer honeymoon :P so decided to go for 8D/6N....they only have that tour on that one day so couldnt pick nearer to christmas....

but yesterday, heard the news about the earthquake near hokkaido... :( now thinking if still good idea to go hokkaido or not...