xiaomaomi

Fresh Flowers for Hair

Hello Brides,

I am planning to put some fresh flowers on my hair-do during on AD.

I went to the flower shop last week to find the flowers, but ended up in dissapointment. :blink:

Now I have no idea because I don't know the names of the flowers & the shop assistance has no photo or samples on them. <_<

Mind to share some ideas here? :rolleyes:

During my PS, the MUA using baby breath (a lot left over from my DIY bouquet).

Ahh .. my advise is try not to use rose (especially to put on top of your head) you will look funny as the rose buds will open slowly, end up .. few big roses on your head, but if at the side or back should be fined. :)

For my AD, I may using orchid + rose and of course, not put on top of my head :P

Hello Brides,

I went to the flower shop last week to find the flowers, but ended up in dissapointment. :blink:

Now I have no idea because I don't know the names of the flowers & the shop assistance has no photo or samples on them. <_<

Hi xiaomaomi,

Fresh flower is better coz it'll show in ur pictures (after all the photosections) Real flowers will make you look 'lifely' :)

Roses, orkid, gerbera, hydrangea, baby's breath, lily are among the common ones that not only pretty but not so costly.

Gladiolas (mandrin: shui xian), tulip, dahlia or just a super huge peonies - will look SO PRETTY but abit costly lor.

Please use smaller flowers, or else will look funny.

I used white freesia for my PS and turn out to be very pretty.

But a bit expensive and difficult to get in Msia.

You can try mini roses also.

Remember .. if you are using roses please make sure the bud is not big otherwise .. once it is open, you will find yourself so much terrible in the look.

I remember my colleague's wife .. the MUA place the roses on top of her head, well .. early morning still ok but around 10am .. ops, the roses start to get 'blossom' and eventually 4 roses just 'blossom' widely on top of her head <_< I'm sure you don't wish to see yourself like this in the pictures.

Small flowers are best choice or choose something that will not open that fast or small buds.

I personally didn't want many flowers on my hair so I opted for a big lily. I loved it because it was so fragnant. I could smell it all night. :)

Hello Brides,

Fresh flowers in hair is an excellent design - actually saw some hairstyles with flowers in hair here:

http://indianbridaldesigns.blogspot.com/20...-looks-for.html

and also here for advice on how to pick flowers

http://www.indianproposal.com/2008/06/choo...ur-wedding.html

You cannot go wrong with fresh orchids, IMO!

Guest Chrisandben

I used orchid on my AD. You can see my pictures in member gallery. :)

Personally feel flowers is better than jewelry or those shinning thingy.

I actually let my MUA (Meoki) decide. Initially we thought of using orchids so I bought some but last minute, after looking at my dresses and stuff, she sheepishly/shyly asked if she could try something different. I said okay coz I trust her la...what do I know about hair styles that look good on me (half the time I have my hair tied up anyway!).

Anyway, she put on two sunflowers for the first outfit...

== From the back ==

2620730380_6f6d92d1fe.jpg

== From the front ==

2619930363_25afcf524b.jpg

...and bright red gerberas for the second...

== From the back ==

2620761910_b4d2c4b9ea.jpg

== From the front ==

2620763910_9cc3ec81f5.jpg

As for where we got them, well, I was lucky! My FIL who is a flower arrangement buff bought two big basket/bouquets of flowers for me and mum (as a congratulatory thing) for the wedding and one of them contained gerberas and sunflowers...

OR you could cheat a little like I did :D

I like the simplicity of French Twists, and I used a French Twist Comb that had flowers on it for my wedding dinner and ROM. Many thought that they were real flowers! By the way, I did my makeup and hairdo myself.

DSC01019-1.jpg

DSC00893-1.jpg

CIMG4070-1.jpg

The French Twist Comb with white flowers are from The Curve flea market, only RM15, :D whereas the other one is from Evita Peroni. The latter may not be wedding-ish enough, but I posted the pic here just to let you girls have a rough idea.

One good thing out of using these combs is that I still have (and use) the combs till today, and the flowers do not wilt. :P

Yeah, it is a French twist comb. The stall is there every week. It has been there for yonks already. I am sure you will be able to find it when you come to KL. I bought another lavender coloured flower twist comb too. Was so rambang mata, I wanted to buy many others. :P

Tash,

I think I know which stall, if that's the one and only stall there :P

This year in Curve I bought few hairclips from a stall, I like it very much :)

The lady told me is handmade :) I just cannot resist to get it alto HB says is enuf :P

Yepp, that must be the one. It's the only stall that sells hair accessories with only flowers on them. From afar, it looks like a florist's. :P

I regret not buying more before coming here, especially those ponytail elastic types coz these days, thats all I do with my hair.

Tash,

yeah! you are right, like a florist stall and I got attracted bcos of that :P I remember the lady of the stall is very friendly.

Is the flea market for everyday or only weekend? because this round I will spend my x'mas in KL, think 25th will be in Curve, 26th balik Kuching :P

You can always get your family to buy and post it to you :)

It is opened every Saturday and Sunday. But if it rains too heavily, some of the stalls will close.

Heheh, thanks for the tip. I will include that in my ever expanding list of things I'd like my family to send me. :P :P I'd have to coax them though, ask them to send me a "care package" perhaps for Xmas :D

ahhh .. weekend flea market, then bo pien lah :P x'mas is on Thursday :P aiks.

hehe yaya .. as your x'mas present :P good idea yah! :P

hehe I'm still awake, watching The Lord of the Ring - The Two Towers at TV8, HB!? dah zzzzzz hehehehehe

Alto I have the DVDs for whole series, but still don't want to miss it :D

Hi there...I used fresh orchids throughout the AD and they lasted beautifully! Better still I just got mine from the market....so really fresh and cheap....just picked in the morning :)

You can visit my my wedding site at www.mywedding.com/liqandbotak

Hope this helps!

I actually let my MUA (Meoki) decide. Initially we thought of using orchids so I bought some but last minute, after looking at my dresses and stuff, she sheepishly/shyly asked if she could try something different. I said okay coz I trust her la...what do I know about hair styles that look good on me (half the time I have my hair tied up anyway!).

Anyway, she put on two sunflowers for the first outfit...

== From the back ==

2620730380_6f6d92d1fe.jpg

== From the front ==

2619930363_25afcf524b.jpg

...and bright red gerberas for the second...

== From the back ==

2620761910_b4d2c4b9ea.jpg

== From the front ==

2620763910_9cc3ec81f5.jpg

As for where we got them, well, I was lucky! My FIL who is a flower arrangement buff bought two big basket/bouquets of flowers for me and mum (as a congratulatory thing) for the wedding and one of them contained gerberas and sunflowers...

i like the ur haid-do ... :rolleyes: