crasygal

Yoga Zone closed down?

hi all,

I don't know did u guys heared bout yoga zone is facing financial problem...?? I'm 1 of their life time members... now the Puchong center like short of staff, trainer and cleaner... I don't know what happen I'm kind of worried leh.. duno can't refund back the membership price or not... :(

sorry I out of the topic... don't know where shd I post tis post...

hi crasygal,

really ah? i was their member last 2 years (puchong branch) and my membership expired last year but i didnt renew. But I still go to their website frequently to check on the classes..I also noticed that they have lesser and lesser trainer. I was thinking to renew back the membership recently..but now scared la..since u said is not that good compare to last time

yes... I just been there yesterday for classes... and I saw the difference and can feel the difference.. but while we ask what happen thy said nothg happen everythg are normal.. but 1 of their staff told us there have few trainer been terminate by yoga zone.. :unsure: now I'm worried bout my member ship... u also can feel tat those trainer dont wish to teach anymore.. :(

dear crasygal & elyn...

http://www.yogajess.com/2008/07/15/peace-on-earth/#comments

read it yourself then u'll know the stories... namaste! :)

hi all,

I don't know did u guys heared bout yoga zone is facing financial problem...?? I'm 1 of their life time members... now the Puchong center like short of staff, trainer and cleaner... I don't know what happen I'm kind of worried leh.. duno can't refund back the membership price or not... :(

hi crasygal,

really ar? huh.. I also their life time member at Sri Hartamas. But has freezed my membership for 1year due to pregnancy. Few months din go there already. When i signed up for life time membership, I have asked them, if suddenly yogazone close down, how about our member fee? They din really reply me, they said i'm the 1st one who ask this question.. huh.. But recently just received their letter to waive 2years of maintenance fee due to some award given??

hi all,

sywiser,

I did ask them such question too... what thy ans me is this wouldn't happen to their Puchong branch... so I trust thm now tis happen.. :( my hb said we can ask for refun.. but the problem now is duno did thy have money to refun back the membership price to us or not...

I did received the promition letter from them too... what introduce friend to sign up RM688 for 1 yr or what.. didn't really read it coz not intrested as most of friend sign up with others fitnes center...

hope tat thy can over come it and continue the service...

no need to worry so much... heard YZ is going to take over by other company, and our membership will remain unchange. hope the news is true. enjoy the class!

hope that the news is true coz just now I call up Puchong Branch and spoke to their manager they said the condition is become beter now... and most of the thgs had settle...

hope that wouldn't have anythg happen... :(

the same thing happen to kepong branch, lesser class, less teacher and lesser staff.

All the favourite teacher not there anymore! Somemore teacher keep on cancel class last minute. :angry:

I was Yoga Zone's member for a year.

I didn't really notice any fishy stuff but just feel that the bath room maintenance was not done properly. The last time I went was in early this year, then was busy with my wedding stuff so didn't go for few months...

So when the membership expires in July, I join True Fitness instead.

I attended True Yoga's hot yoga twice... the instructors are from India, I think... and when he said "heels" I always mistaken as "head". Anyway, I find that their yoga instructor is not as caring as yoga zone's. Although he keep saying "open ur chest", but he didn't teach u the correct way to 'open'. I can see lots of member trying to reach the pose, but with their chest collapsed and the instructor didn't correct them. When performing the triangle pose, yoga zone's teacher would tell u to put ur hand on ur shin if you can't reach the floor, so long you stretched ur waist, but for True Yoga instructor, he never care. He just do the pose and u follow. Overall True Yoga's instructors are okay, just not as detail as Yoga Zone.

And I also notice they allow member to walk in and out during the hot yoga session. I don't think it's good for the body as the hot yoga room is so hot, and outside the room the air-cond is so cold.

I must say that I learn a lot of basics from Yoga Zone... and its teachers are better than the other clubs' which I attended before. Previously I was also a member of Celebrity Fitness... the yoga teacher is the worst there.

Heard from my fren they always cancel class last month.

And my fren just swipe her card to renew her course.

hihi, jus now i heard frm MYFM radio station. they did mentioned about tis case too... even DJ Phoebe joined their membership too. and now.. they are askin for the refund. may b u all can try ur luck too.. good luck :)

Hi,

I am 1 of the member too, membership only expired July 2009. Now im in singapore so transfer my member to my sister. I had a friend who just join also. I hope they are really change management and not close down entirely.

Hi i just saw the news yesterday. If I interpreted it correctly, the founder of Yogazone has clarified that he's just selling off most of his share out and the operations still remains.

hihi, jus now i heard frm MYFM radio station. they did mentioned about tis case too... even DJ Phoebe joined their membership too. and now.. they are askin for the refund. may b u all can try ur luck too.. good luck :)

Yes this morning MYFM DJ got mentioned to this case but they sound like so confidence that Yoga Zone will re-opening soon coz they bring the previous spoke person Angel Chui on radio also.....

I call them on tues and ask bout the classes... thy said thy was close down for a week to upgrade the studio and all classes will be remaind on 04.08.08... I ask them y.. thy said thy just take over by a new management company so thy are doing research and upgrading wor...

I saw the news yesterday too.. my hb was so worried and I just sit there lisent and like nthg happen and it wouldn't get influence me.. :D actually I'm quite worried too coz I sign up the life time membership with them... hope tat thy r ok lo...

i am member of yogazone puchong too..

they off for 1 weeks.. reason is improvement...

but I can feel that there was no more cleaner, mat no proper clean..heard that YG not pay salary for cleaner.. so they "bye-bye".

It scare me.. really scare me.. my membership will expire july09.. still 1 year to go.. I just wish that operation will back to normal on 4th Aug.. we will find out at least by 3rd Aug, website should populate the timetable for each branch..

I've notice the class start lesser and lesser.. some teacher take off for 1 month, some on EL, some fall sick.. or the true behid there is "NO PAID".. I hope is not.. Change founder, change management or whatever is up to you. Since people already paid.. the operation should continue.. otherwise.. reund the money.. How could the said financial issue? member paid either by cash/CC.. but at the end of tunnel.. there was a some money for YG.. where the money gone?

Lets pray together that everything will turn out to be something that "alrite" :)

Dear All,

Read here, think you gals will have better picture.

http://www.yogajess.com/2008/07/28/the-notice-is-here/

I'm sad and dissapointed for the whole day. I paid RM1.4k for 1year membership. Subsequently i upgraded to GC membership which cost me RM4.8k.. Still have massage package RM1k.. wuwuw.. total RM7.2k got to lost :_( cry also no tear now..

I have another fren signed up for TTC, she has paid Rm10k++.. my god! really dun noe how, we both just pray for next week opening..

Wow...luckily I got away fast.....they asked me to renew my membership in March but I declined since I wasn't really attending the classes....I just wanted to get in shape for my wedding.....but I did enjoy the classes esp Hot Yoga....this is quite unfortunate....now I am in Fitness First....only because my company is paying for it....most of the time I just walk over to read newspapers and drink ice lemon tea during my lunch hour....

hey all,

yogazone is open back... but the time table very bad leh... not much classes... the classes so less and no suitable calss to go feel like being cheat and wasting my money leh... :(

dear all,

I saw the news yesterday yoga zone have problem again... and I try to enter to their website.. the website had been suspend... I try to call up the puchong center... there have no 1 ans the call.... I'm kind of worried as I'm their life time member there... had paid 5k++ for tat...

can any 1 tell me what happen to them...?? I thought tat they had been take over by others management company and start operating just 1 week only now back to normal... :huh: what can I do to get back my member fees...?? please help... :(

dear all,

I saw the news yesterday yoga zone have problem again... and I try to enter to their website.. the website had been suspend... I try to call up the puchong center... there have no 1 ans the call.... I'm kind of worried as I'm their life time member there... had paid 5k++ for tat...

can any 1 tell me what happen to them...?? I thought tat they had been take over by others management company and start operating just 1 week only now back to normal... :huh: what can I do to get back my member fees...?? please help... :(

I called up the YZ in PD today, no answer so I sms the sales person and guess what? They are closed till 12th Sept cos the club is under receivership now and are not allowed to operate until further notice. I just joined 2 mths ago and have paid for 1 year subscription. So sorry to hear that you have paid so much. Thought I am the only one smarting from the financial damage.

Anyway, I don't have good vibes that the club will resume their business. Lets pray that my vibes are wrong. I do enjoyed the classes very much and I really missed it since they closed 2 weeks ago. I got to know that a few of my colleagues have been a victim just like you and me. If the club is closed down I'll have to look for another yoga centre again. Anyone know anything about MYoga at the Gardens? :(

Honestly..

I feel sorry for everyone here that have to face this issue. Remember all.. you are not alone.. there was 20k member that facing this issue now.

To Ms Lim.. you made the right choice by not renew the membership.. happy for you :)

For the rest (including me).. I'm speechless now.While reading punky and crasygal that cannot reach them.. i tried to call YZ Puchong branch.. nobody answer..may be i will drop by this evening and probably found the another note.

Punky, you said they will closed until 12sept, would you mind to sms ask your sale person, will YG extend the membership to another fews day during the premis is closed down(for yearly memebership)?For mYoga, I heard is expensive and they count by class taht you will attend, not free flow like YZ.But I've to admit that their xlosing time is late.. so you will have more choice on classes.

I think is not easy to get a refund back especially during financial problem.As you said crasygal, I feel cheated too.. the class is bad and very less hot class.The closing time also shorter.. Last time it was 8.30pm, they change to 8.00pm.Then recent close time is 7.45 or sometime is only 7.15pm. Due to work on shift, sometime I finish work at 6.00pm,probably reach there late than 7.15, what class thay I can choose? leftover class?Usually they will have front desk only now. If you need to speak with sale person, they may provide "no-answer" number for you.Will post again after I go and find out what happen to YZ Puchong.Website as date of today 13-08-08 is suspensed