bebeelow

who can tell me where to apply the single status for Malaysian?

Can anyone tell me where to apply the single status of Malaysian, and anyone who is Malaysian married to Hong Kong resident need what procedure to marry at Hong Kong? urgent many thanks!

bebeelow...

u can get ur single status letter in putra jaya..

PENDAFTAR BESAR PERKAHWINAN&PERCERAIAN

JABATAN PENDAFTARAN NEGARA MALAYSIA

BAHAGIAN PERKAHWINAN&PERCERAIAN

ARAS 1,LOT 2G5.PRESINT 2,

PUSAT PENTADBIRAN KERAJAAN PERSEKUTUAN,

62100 W.P PUTRA JAYA

u go ther tell them u wan apply the single status letter..they wil give u forms n u fill in,pass back to them,then they wil ask u bring the letter to another building which is walking distance to sign the letter in froont of the judge,then u bring back the letter to the office that u 1st went to,pass to them n they wil tell u to go back again after one week to take the letter,

after a week,u go back ther take the letter,n the letter is not approved without the stamp frm some department..so u have to drive or walk to another building to get the stamp..then ur letter barulah done..

is a hassle..coz actually all can b done in one place...but yet we need to go here n ther..after u been through then u wil know wat i mean...i m married to a bruneian n thats wat i gone through when i need to take the single status letter...

i think u better ask hk side wat else u need...coz in brunei side,i need letter frm my dad or mom,saying tat they r agreed for me to married him{my hb},n a another letter frm myself saying that i agreed to married him as well..

not really sure if hk side neeed the same or not...

hope the info could help u up...

You ought to check with the Chinese embassy regarding procedures about marrying a Chinese/HK resident.

Btw, don't forget to register your marriage with the M'sian side as well.

wow really much procedure to follow ><" and i am from Penang, long time never been to KL any other way to get the single status, just like can ask someone to do the letter?

wow really much procedure to follow ><" and i am from Penang, long time never been to KL any other way to get the single status, just like can ask someone to do the letter?

if u r frm penang i m think u can get the letter frm penang it self...mayb in penang is more easy..u go to the pendaftaran office n ask about lo...i not really sure how does it work in penangu can ask someone to take the form for u,but u stil need to sign the form in front of the judge...so ur fren can only help u get the form..

Hi chelvin :DWhat's a single status letter? Malaysians must have it ka before marrying? I noticed u mentioned u r married to a Bruneian. I am from Brunei myself. Ur HB from which part in Brunei?

hi bluelady...

if ur hb is malaysian n marrying u..then he has to get the single status letter..that letter is claimming that he don have marriage record in anywher...he is frm bandar...small world...hehe

How single status letter works for M'sians is this - if you are marrying in M'sia, you don't need a single status letter. Logical, coz when you apply for ROM, they'll have all the data they need.

SSL works if you're getting married abroad to a non-M'sian and the government of that country requires proof of your single status. Logical, because since you're not a citizen, they won't have records of your birth/marriages/etc.

You're in luck :)

I'll guide u since i just did mine not long ago. And yeah , i'm from Penang too. Save u all the hassle from going down to KL .

Step 1 - Download n fill in the form KC_09 from the JPN site ( www.jpn.gov.my )

Step 2 - Prepare documents such as :

i. Covering letter ( google up for examples of it )

ii. Statutory Declaration frm any Commisioner of Oath ( if u need contact , u can PM me for the one i gotten it done from )

iii. Photocopy of IC

Step 3 - Attach everything ( form kc09,photocopy of ic,covering letter,status declaration n rm5 wang pos which u can buy from the post office) & pos express it to the address below :

JPN Bahagian Perkahwinan/Penceraian

Aras 1 No.20 ,

Persiaran Perdana ,

Presint 2 ,

62551 W.P. Putrajaya.

After that wait for like 3-4 weeks & you'll receive your SSL via normal pos . GL mate :biggrin:

dear friend lam sorry if l disturb you but

if you have any copy of that documents could you pls send me l dont understand some of them l will marry and l need that documents but just because of my work

l cannot find time pls help me about that

my mail address aybarsfija@hotmail.com

Hi, anyone know if my HTB would like to get this letter from Singapore without travelling to KL is it possible?

or can I do as just what kenshins do?

the problem is I do not know how to get the Statutory Declaration from any Commisioner of Oath in Singapore! or I can just type the letter and then get the Commisioner of Oath to verify?

Hi, anyone know if my HTB would like to get this letter from Singapore without travelling to KL is it possible?

or can I do as just what kenshins do?

the problem is I do not know how to get the Statutory Declaration from any Commisioner of Oath in Singapore! or I can just type the letter and then get the Commisioner of Oath to verify?

Hi Lin2,

SSL has to come from Jabatan Pendaftaran M'sia (JPN). In fact it's very easy process. All you need is to spend half day in putrajaya to obtain the letter and authenticate it in MOFA. All in putrajaya.

Steps

1) JPN (Level 2) - your HTB need to inform the officer that he wish to obtain SSL. Fill in the form - his & spouse particulars (btw, he need to know the spouse full name & passport no only). Then bring the form to commisioner of oath (downstairs) for endorsing (cost is RM5). Bring the endorsed form back to JPN (Level 2) for submission. You will get your SSL letter less than 1/2 hour.

2) With the SSL letter bring it to MOFA (up the hill) and get it authenticate. Waiting will be longer (around 2 hours). You need to pay RM10 for it.

Hope the above help!

I'll guide u since i just did mine not long ago. And yeah , i'm from Penang too. Save u all the hassle from going down to KL .

ii. Statutory Declaration frm any Commisioner of Oath ( if u need contact , u can PM me for the one i gotten it done from )

iii. Photocopy of IC

Step 3 - Attach everything ( form kc09,photocopy of ic,covering letter,status declaration n rm5 wang pos which u can buy from the post office) & pos express it to the address below :

Aras 1 No.20 ,

Persiaran Perdana ,

Presint 2 ,

62551 W.P. Putrajaya.

After that wait for like 3-4 weeks & you'll receive your SSL via normal pos . GL mate :biggrin:

Dear Kenshins,

Do you mind to send me a sample copy of the above document?

I was wondering what kind of covering letter are they requesting?

Dear All,

Just to share my experience, I just came back from JPN PutraJaya few days ago. I went there in the early morning 8.45am, brought nothing but IC, I managed to get my Single Status in 45 mins.

Go straight to the Bahagain perkahwinan/perceraian to ask for Single Status, they will instruct you to do the oath in the same building, afterward just came back again to submit yr application form and wait for the single status. I got it in 45 mins.

After that, they will ask you to get the endorsement from ministry of foreign affair, which is few KM away from JPN, in there you have to wait for another 45 mins. This is what I have just done. Just bring my IC along with my wife personal detail such like passport number, date of birth. All other things you can actually do in PutraJaya now. It is fast, and really above my expectation. Good jobs!

iii. Photocopy of IC

Aras 1 No.20 ,

Persiaran Perdana ,

Presint 2 ,

62551 W.P. Putrajaya.

Dear Kenshins,

Hi there,

I need too... Mind to send me the forms and the letter as well?..

Thanks.

Dear All,

Just to share my experience, I just came back from JPN PutraJaya few days ago. I went there in the early morning 8.45am, brought nothing but IC, I managed to get my Single Status in 45 mins.

Go straight to the Bahagain perkahwinan/perceraian to ask for Single Status, they will instruct you to do the oath in the same building, afterward just came back again to submit yr application form and wait for the single status. I got it in 45 mins.

After that, they will ask you to get the endorsement from ministry of foreign affair, which is few KM away from JPN, in there you have to wait for another 45 mins. This is what I have just done. Just bring my IC along with my wife personal detail such like passport number, date of birth. All other things you can actually do in PutraJaya now. It is fast, and really above my expectation. Good jobs!

Hi there,

What kinds of document should we bring along? thanks.

basically nothing but yr IC. Personal detail fo your partner. Passport Number, Full name, date of birth... thanks all. :) Good luck!

Dear All,

Hi there,

What kinds of document should we bring along? thanks.

iii. Photocopy of IC

Aras 1 No.20 ,

Persiaran Perdana ,

Presint 2 ,

62551 W.P. Putrajaya.

Dear Kenshins,

Hi there,

I need too... Mind to send me the forms and the letter as well?..

Thanks.

hi dear all,

by using the the method above (send by post), do we still need to get the endorsement from the ministry of foreign affair ??

Anyone can email me the KC09 form? I tried to download for few hours, but still unable to click in. don't know what's going on the the JPN website.

Hi there, im malaysian chinese. As i will soon marry to a foreign husband and will register at overseas too,do compulsory hv to get a single status certificate before the next step.I do know that putrajaya can do it, but im stay far away from KL, i would like to ask that do i must go to putrajaya to do or i still can make a single status certificate in jpn penang ?? Help.

Urgent, thanks a lot~