kiwipat

Wearing two different wedding gown on actual day

Hello Girls,

Just wondering if it is ok to wear two different wedding gown on the actual day? One for the morning session and one for dinner session.

Well, usually people wear the WG for "chut mun" and EG for dinner reception. Don't you think it's weird to wear WG for the dinner whole night?

I heard of that pantang before, from the Taiwanese show...they said the veil once wear can't be adjusted, a slight adjust also can't... same goes to WG, they said once you wear you CAN'T TAKE OFF! After the morning session you can't take off ur WG, must continue wearing it till the dinner time... can you tahan? It would be so stinky! Yucks...

If really pantang, then we shouldn't wear white gown in the 1st place~ should wear red~ i find it really funny, one hand you follow the western culture to wear the pure white gown for ur wedding, on the other hand you follow the chinese pantang culture...hmmm... isn't it contradicting? I just don't care, do what I think is correct... can't be bother too much.

After married I heard of another pantang, that the wedding shoes must be fully covered one, cover toes and heels~ they also said that the bride can't eat the "ka lui beng" or you'll eat up ur own happiness... which I ate it and my shoes weren't covered at all, show toes show heels~

I believe a happy marriage depends on the couple, not on these troublesome pantang rules. ;)

Maybe u can seek advice from ur FMIL and ur own mum. Like mine we have no pantang on the gown except for the veil. Veil is to be worn in the morning nia and after hubby take it off for u liao u can't put it on back. Hehehe. :lol:

Thanks Pink Kitty for your words. Knocked so much sense onto my head. What you said is true. I think I will just do what I feel most comfortable with.

Talking about the shoes ( i heard from my aunty saying the same thing. She said wedding shoes shall be covered up one.. can't see the toes. Really don't know how true it is.

Bluelady,

Don't know how true are those pantang. but I think nowadays, we young ladies usually will wear whatever we feel nice and comfortable in. The shoes one i just heard from my aunty telling me to get cover up shoes, she said that will be more appropriate for bridal shoe.. but didn't mention anything about pantang . As pinky said, just do what we like . (as long as it is proper )

Ic ic. Hehehe. :D I plan to get a nice open toes and heels wedding shoe so I feel comfortable cos the trip from my place to my HB place on AD is quite far. I guess I will go for comfortability then pantang. *ahaks* :lol:

Another question , will it be nicer to wear the Wedding gown on actual day , or it will be ok if we wear the wedding gown on the dinner one week before (the actual day).. as we have two dinner for brides and groom.

Another question , will it be nicer to wear the Wedding gown on actual day , or it will be ok if we wear the wedding gown on the dinner one week before (the actual day).. as we have two dinner for brides and groom.

WG is better for AD. How many EG u get? Like mine I got 1 WG and 2 EG. I also got 2 wedding banquets whereby one is for families of both sides and the other one for frens and colleagues. On my AD in which on the same night is the 1st banquet for family, I will wear the WG n middle of dinner change to 1st EG. 2nd night banquet jus wear the other EG and no change in middle of dinner. hehehe. :D

That is true, so that on the actual day will be nicer. Otherwise, the wedding day feeling is gone if we wear the gown before actual day. :)

WG is better for AD. How many EG u get? Like mine I got 1 WG and 2 EG. I also got 2 wedding banquets whereby one is for families of both sides and the other one for frens and colleagues. On my AD in which on the same night is the 1st banquet for family, I will wear the WG n middle of dinner change to 1st EG. 2nd night banquet jus wear the other EG and no change in middle of dinner. hehehe. :D

That is true, so that on the actual day will be nicer. Otherwise, the wedding day feeling is gone if we wear the gown before actual day. :)

Yes yes kiwipat. I agree with u... :D

Hello all,

My mum n MIL also told me i ONLY can wear the WG ONCE... MIL said if u wear twice, meaning you got married twice... also same wif the shoe, went shoppin with my mum, she chosen a white covered toe n heel shoe for me, also said about the pantang but dunno the reason.. she said it was brought down frm her grandma, so better follow... :)

as for my issue, i also do two receptions on diff days but only can wear WG once.. so after some heaty arguements, PIL n I worked out a solution, i wear the WG on my chut mun (which is 5days early frm my AD) the same day of my bride's reception... then on AD at my FH's hometown I will wear a champagne color EG to 'go into' my FH's family instead of wearing WG.... but maybe to the guest's eyes, will considering a WG :P hahha

I think the 'covered shoes' meaning that it would 'wrap' all ur luck and happiness with you, won't 'leak out' gua~ haha...

Btw, I also heard that the bride shouldn't lie or sit on the new bed before everything completed, i.e. can only touch the bed after dinner... even the bed in the bridal suite~ haha... cuz they said it symbolize the bride would have very weak health and lying on the bed all the time the next time wow~

Btw, followings are the traditional rules of those Taiwanese, have a look, but all in Chinese~ there's another website detailed out all the rules during the wedding, from GDL to AD, http://live.ok123.com.tw/b9.htm

在結婚的過程中, 有不少傳統留下來的禁忌, 大家不妨參考一下, 不用過份迷信.

1.忌於鬼月完婚. 即農曆七月.

2.忌於農曆六月完婚, 有半月妻的意思.

3.安床時, 要把床置放正位, 忌與桌子衣櫥或任何物件的尖角相對.

4.床位安好後至新婚夜前夕, 準新郎忌一個人獨睡新床, 可找一位大生肖及未成年的男童陪睡, 如肖龍者.

5. 訂婚當天, 不管天氣有多熱, 所有參加訂婚的人, 都不可以煽扇子, 不然會有拆散的意思.

6.訂婚之文定喜宴完畢後, 雙方都不可以說再見, 不然會有再婚的意思.

7.新娘子結婚當天所穿的衣服禮服忌有袋口, 以免帶走娘家財運.

8.新娘子離開娘家時, 哭得越厲害越好. 有哭發哭發, 不哭不發的意思.

9.結婚當天, 新娘出門時, 姑嫂均要回避, 不能相送. 因為"姑"跟"孤"同音,而"嫂"跟"掃"同音, 都不吉利.

10.在迎娶途中, 如遇到另一隊迎娶車隊, 叫"喜沖喜", 會抵消彼此的福份, 所以必需互放鞭炮, 或由雙方媒人交換花朵, 以化解之.

11.結婚當天, 任何人都不可以接觸到新床, 直到晚上就寢. 新娘當天更不可碰到床邊.

12.結婚當天, 新娘子不可躺下, 不然會有一年到晚都病倒床上的意思.

13.因小孩容易哭, 所以小孩應禁入結婚禮堂, 因為在禮堂哭會不吉利.

14.禮堂忌用鮮花, 因為鮮花容易淍謝. 只有蓮招花和石榴花不忌.

15.新娘進男家門時, 忌腳踏門檻, 應要跨過去.

16.凡是生肖屬"虎"的人或寡婦, 不可觀禮及進新房.

17.新娘子小心, 不要踏到新郎鞋, 會有羞夫之意.

18.歸寧當天, 新婚夫婦必須於日落前離開娘家回家, 絕對不可留在娘家過夜. 萬一有特殊原因不能回家, 夫妻二人要分開睡,以免沖撞娘家令娘家倒楣.

19.新婚四個月內, 忌參加任何的婚喪喜慶.

20.新婚四個月內, 忌在外過夜.

Btw, I also heard the Taiwanese says, the bride must cry when "chut mun" if the bride doesn't cry, the mother need to throw water at the bride~ hahahaha...

See, there are so MANY RULES~ how can we possible to follow all leh~ and some rules really don't make sense to me, it just not applicable to the 21st century now.

Thanks for posing the rules for our reference. Really useful. However, I think there is just way too many PANTANG that we need to keep in mind. Probably , nowdays, many of us will just follow a few popular one .

:o

never realised that there is pantang to wear the WG twice....heard about the veil though that we can only put it on once...

but what if we are wearing the same WG for taking pre-wedding pics and on actual day...then we will definitely be wearing it twice...plus using the same veil during the pre-wedding pics...any pantang about that?

never realised that there is pantang to wear the WG twice....heard about the veil though that we can only put it on once...

but what if we are wearing the same WG for taking pre-wedding pics and on actual day...then we will definitely be wearing it twice...plus using the same veil during the pre-wedding pics...any pantang about that?

macadamia, u n me having the same thought too. my hubby told me tat i cant wear WG for twice but i tld him tat i have wore it many many times liao since i have tried many WG during my gown fittings...kekekkekekeke really pengsan la if there are a lot of rules for our wedding which is not easy to accept it. <_<

nar .. those pantangs are created by people, so now let us create our own pantangs :P

we must wear many gowns regardless of WGs or EGs so that we get more luck! hahahah :lol:

nar .. those pantangs are created by people, so now let us create our own pantangs :P

we must wear many gowns regardless of WGs or EGs so that we get more luck! hahahah :lol:

i heard lots of brides & their mumy pantang to wear 2 wedding gown at the AD but still have many many many people tak pantang 1...

those pantang is for those who believe :D :P

nilnil,

those are just created by people, believe or not is another matter but I saw a lot of people just follow without 'study' the pantang in details .. practical? good? but I can see they just follow it since everyone is following :P

i heard lots of brides & their mumy pantang to wear 2 wedding gown at the AD but still have many many many people tak pantang 1...

those pantang is for those who believe :D :P

Kiwipat,

I got 2 WG and 2 EG for my AD. Will wear 1 of the EG for my reception which in JB a wk b4 my AD. I also thinking to wear the 2 WGs on morning and night. Cos i cant find any more nice EG frm BS and 1 of the WG is so nice and yet elegant to wear during the wedding dinner but not morning.. (cos its too long liao)

If really not good for me to wear 2 WG then i will put 1 WG as EG lor.. :lol: as per pinky mentioned "I believe a happy marriage depends on the couple, not on these troublesome pantang rules."

For the shoe's pantang rule, one of my gf told me b4 as her HB learn fm Taiwan show as well.. If not mistaken the show name is " Lady First ". But for me i personally feel that the wedding shoe with cover front n back will looks more elegant and yet my toes are ugly so better hide and not show to every1.. :P

macadamia, u n me having the same thought too. my hubby told me tat i cant wear WG for twice but i tld him tat i have wore it many many times liao since i have tried many WG during my gown fittings...kekekkekekeke really pengsan la if there are a lot of rules for our wedding which is not easy to accept it. <_<

let's presume wearing the WG twice means married twice. so what's wrong if we married twice to the same man... :P