teohlayeng

Handling of New born baby

lilyrosey

Due to some reasons, i can't breastfeed my baby. when i read your post i felt relief cos my baby boy only one month plus and he's drinking 2.5 oz every two hours. sometimes 2.5 oz can't satisfy his needs and he will demand for more. and the most i give him another extra 1 oz. i still feel it's rather too much for my boy as normally babies drink every 3 hours. i have asked docs and paeditrician and they told me it's normal yet i'm still worried. anyone has encountered the same problem as mine?

lilyrosey

Due to some reasons, i can't breastfeed my baby. when i read your post i felt relief cos my baby boy only one month plus and he's drinking 2.5 oz every two hours. sometimes 2.5 oz can't satisfy his needs and he will demand for more. and the most i give him another extra 1 oz. i still feel it's rather too much for my boy as normally babies drink every 3 hours. i have asked docs and paeditrician and they told me it's normal yet i'm still worried. anyone has encountered the same problem as mine?

I'm fully breastfed mom. Don't worry, it's normal. Especially bb boy tend to be big eater. FYI, the drinking pattern will change graduately from 2.5oz evry 2hrs to ?? oz 2 1/2 hrs to...3hrs. My bb boy was in 4 mths +. He start drink 2oz for every 2hrs. then 2.5oz , 3oz and now 4.5 oz every 3 hrs. Do u feed water? If you feed water quite frequently, he will tend to drink more. I hardly give plain water. A few drops will give when he "da ge". Just share my little experiences.

Happy Breatsfeding!!!

oxford bb

my baby is on formula. sometimes i try to give him pacifier when he demands more but he doesnt seem to like it. What i'm afraid is my baby will over weight if i constantly feed him whenever he wants milk

Hi all,

My baby girl is now 7 weeks, at the 1st month, she is demanding for milk every 2 hours and everytime not enough for her, she will cry non stop until we feed her. And she easy to vomit out, so we worry that is it too much for her? But don't worry, everything is CHANGE now, she is getting better now and more discipline .. :)

She grows up, and easy to sleep too .. thank god ...

Lay Eng

cutiepiggie

sorry for the late reply, as i was busy with my baby.

now im giving my baby 4.5oz every 2 hours, sometimes 1 and a half hour he will cry for milk also.

i have asked the paeditrician, he said its ok as every baby is different.

so now im not worry anymore, now im worry that he cant finish his milk as my baby has fever last night,

and he cant finish his 4.5oz milk. so cutiepiggie, be happy that your baby finish his milk everytime. :)

Lay Eng

May i know how many oz you feed her on the first month?

lilyrosey, hope your baby is getting better. my boy doesnt finish his milk everytime. he falls asleep whenever i feed him. so sometimes he can't finish the milk. my boy is into 6 weeks now. now he drinks 3 oz every three hours and sometimes 3.5oz sometimes 2.5 oz depends how hungry he is. i wonder do you gals hv any problems with burping the baby? how long does it need to burp the baby?

hi cutiepiggie, when is ur bb born?

My boy now is 6 week ++ , he drink 3.5oz every 2 hour but at night 4 or 5 hour only he wake up cry for milk. Last few week i reli have the problem to burp my boy, i do it for half and hour also he dun wan to burp. But now ok le , when ur bb dun wan to burp u try let him sleep on our hand then wait 2 or 3 min let the bb sit down and burp again try repeat it then bb will very fast burp out, i try this at my bb every time my bb burp until very loud >.<

hi lovelypiggy,

my baby boy was born early aug. how about yours? same as your boy my baby drinks 3 oz every 2 hours but at nite 4 to 5 hours. how much does your baby weigh when he was born?

:D

My bb was born on 4 Aug, how bout yours? his weight was 2.81kg that time

My bb born at 1 Aug, how bout yours? his weight is 3.73kg so hard to born out >.<

My bb born at 1 Aug, how bout yours? his weight is 3.73kg so hard to born out >.<

WUAH...., 3.73kg??? My gosh? Natural ahh..., how many hours did it take u??

I think I can imagine that.., that's why i keep on praying that my bb size wont be too big by delivery time.

:unsure:

lovelypiggy

My baby now is giving me headache. In the morning, after his feed, he refuses to sleep. sometimes he sleeps only half an hour and cries all the time. wonder any mom is having the same problem. i suspect my baby has colic

My baby was 4 kg .. haha .. i deliver normal no c sec..haha .. and i used about 1 hour to push..whole process only almost 6 hours..that's why i am very famous in the hospital..all nurses and doctors know about me..as i had 4kg baby for my 1st delivery .. and i able to deliver normal without c sec or epidural ..

Did you gals give water to bb? I read from article, too much water for infant will affect its digestive .. but some of my friend said without water might dehydrate .. so i don't know what to do .. my baby very good girl now..sometimes her last feeding is 5.30 pm, and she will start to sleep from 7.30pm until 4am.. then only wake up for milk..my mother worry bb might dehydrate and ask me to wake her up around 12 midnight for milk..sigh..don't know what to do..now she is 2.5 months ... she is 6 kg when 2 months :)