teohlayeng

Handling of New born baby

Hi,

I wish to share my experience of choosing formula milk for my daughter. We were advised by the doctor that we need to try and error to find the suitable formula milk, and formula milk no need to be an expensive brand, as long as baby can accept it.

We started to give her Dumex. It is heaty, my daughter's face was full of measel, always farting as I shared before. But, she still poo poo everyday. Because of the measel, I decided to change to another brand. My husband's friend recommended SNOW brand formula milk. My daughter likes to drink, but since she consumed it, she poo poo only twice a week. And her poo poo was terrible....very very sticky, dark grey green in colour, like the colour and texture of the cement when mixed with water. It became serious when my daughter refused to drink the milk, she only wanted to drink water. Snow brand is too heaty for her.

We were really panic and didn't know what to do. I was so worry to change the formula milk and I really didn't know when can I find the suitable one. Finally my mother bought the Dutch Lady brand and thank God, she is okay with it until now, measel gone and her poo poo back to normal. It's really a nightmare for me to find the suitable formula milk for my daughter.

Yup, I wanna try that, but my hubby and MIL insists that the formula is suitable for baby, so no need to change.

My husband also insisted to let her drink SNOW brand. Then I showed him her poo poo. I also tried to drink, it's really heaty. I only drank 2 cups and I can feel the heatiness.

anyone is feeding babies with MJ formula? i heard it's quite expensive compared to other brand? How about Similac?

My girl drinking Similac Eye Q now. So far nothing wrong. She only poo once every 2-3 days.

Escudo,

You baby having colic ..maybe try giving gripe water?? Else give probiotics for colic...I use to give my son probiotics..it helps in a way..

If baby on breast milk don't have to worry...cuz breast milk itself got friendly bacteria...they are easily digest

Siow Fui

How about your baby's stool, is it hard or soft?

Her poo like someone describe here last time, like cement + water tat kind. But her poo is about like tat since day 1 of her birth. But when she on breastfeeding time more watery lor.

anyone using baby powder on your baby? i was warned by a friend that talc that make up the main ingredient in baby's talcumn powder is harmful. frequent usage at genital area will increase risk of ovarian cancer and too much inhalation will increase risk of lung cancer. :o this worries me as i see my confinement lady has been splashing it on my girl's neck everytime after bath and buttock everytime she changes her nappy. when i ask her, she says its to cool down baby's body temperature and prevent heat rashes. it make sense but if we don't use talcumn powder, what are the subsitute we have?

cheerio,

when i was preg, i went to attend prenatal class & midwife did warn us not to use talcum powder on baby. she told us powder is very fine & if inhaled by baby it wont be good for their lungs. i dont use anything on my baby except for nappy cream. so far no heat rash.

cheerio,

when i was preg, i went to attend prenatal class & midwife did warn us not to use talcum powder on baby. she told us powder is very fine & if inhaled by baby it wont be good for their lungs. i dont use anything on my baby except for nappy cream. so far no heat rash.

agree with janicelly. Advice from my mom. last time most of the ppl using talc and some bb fine but some bb have allergic pbl especially nose and will sneezing after use talc. so my mom advise me to apply the lotion for my bb especially hidden part such as below armpit, neck, in between his muscle on tights and arms. I do apply in his genital part as well.

cheerio,

oh goshhhhhh...... :( i better stop now. i hear her has this stuffy nose sound everytime she cries for the past 2 weeks........ hopefully its not due to talcumn powder.... my confinement lady uses baby powder like no one business.... she not only use it on baby but also herself... so whenever she burps baby my gal will be lying on her whitish neck full of powder.......feel so guilty should have stopped her earlier.

My MIL suggested that I wet a hanky with my baby's urine and wipe her tongue with it. :ph34r: She said baby's urine is clean. She suggested this to me 3 times. I was horrified!

Then my aunt told me she did the same thing to her grandchildren! Wah...I almost wanted to faint!

ohh peipei, my eurasian MIL also suggested that to me!!

in fact i've seen her do it, when she bathed hubby's nephew..

is that safe?

im blur... :huh:

Jeffy,

I dont know what to say!! Im sure you're not as blur as that?!!

Would you wipe your own tongue with your baby's urine? Ask your MIL to wipe her own tongue with the baby's urine first and I mean wipe it EVERYDAY! See if she's willing or not? Why cant she use boiled water to wipe? Haih...

Jeffy,

I dont know what to say!! Im sure you're not as blur as that?!!

Would you wipe your own tongue with your baby's urine? Ask your MIL to wipe her own tongue with the baby's urine first and I mean wipe it EVERYDAY! See if she's willing or not? Why cant she use boiled water to wipe? Haih...

Hi,

Dont ever do this idea. Its horible. Boiled warm water is clean enough to wipe baby tounge. Doc, suggested that feed bby with warm water after every milk feeding. it will ensure no milk left n wash bby mouth imeadiatly. Every milk feeding and follwed little bit of warm water. So far she is doing very fine, suprise her tongue is alwys clean.

janicelly, peipei & prisha...

wow, i was as horrified as you guys do when i say my MIL did that while bathing hubby's nephew.

i'll be delivering next year march and im afraid she'll do the same thing to my baby!

cause she offered to help me during my confinement..

i asked hubby's cousin if she feel "geli" or not.. and kesian the baby right?

cause its common sense that urine is bodily waste..

she said," eh, i told your MIL not to do that.. she still do it ar??"

OMG...i was speechless. :o

means my MIL curi-curi to do it?

ladies..i think whenever MIL's gonna bathe my baby in future..i better tag along and keep a watch.

just in case....

btw, prisha..thanx for your advice :)

jeffy,

wah! that means your MIL curi-curi do it! if i am you, i will definitely refuse her offer of helping you during confinement cos dont know what else she'll do - sorry to say this.

janicelly babe...

its ok, don't have to say sorry :)

btw,i talked to hubby just now..

me : darling, after i gave birth..must tell your mum don't ever wipe our baby's mouth with cloth+urine k?

hubby : she's been doing that for years..surely no harm right?

then i remembered what peipei said about wiping own mouth with urine..hehehe

me : shall i ask her to wipe your mouth with our baby's urine as well?

hubby : [laughs] ok ok, i'll tell her

me : haiyo, i think i have to keep watch as well lar..

actually i wanted to hire a CL for my confinement..

MIL has been helping many people & took care of their babies during their confinement

she offered to help me + she said, "don't need to hire CL la, waste money only"

but if i still stubborn and hire CL..surely MIL will merajuk right?

dilemma la babe....

*sigh*, true also.....i bet she'll merajuk. like this you have no choice but to keep an eagle eye on her all the time. if she ask why you are eyeing her all the time, just tell her, you wanna learn EVERYTHING from her, hehehe.

muahahaha..sounds like a very good reason janicelly babe!

btw, can i ask you something about nappy rash cream..

do i have to apply it everyday to prevent nappy rash?

or, only apply if there's nappy rashes?

and one more thing, MIL also suggested to add crushed NESTUM into baby's milk.

to make the baby feel full faster..

i was like huh? :o :o

give milk only not enough meh??

newborn is still so young cannot digest nestum [albeit mixed in milk] yet, right?

please tell me..

am i too paranoid or there's other people doing that too?

nappy rash cream only when there's nappy rash. if not, best to avoid applying any cream on bb skin because its very soft.

yikes, newborn just drink milk only la... havent heard of anyone mixing nestum inside. mebbe last time ppl poor & not enough milk so need to mix?

wa, i never heard that add nestum into bb milk. newborn stomach cant digest it la. later make bb bloating with air in stomach even worst.

only breast milk and formula milk is good enough. never add solid food before 6 months old.

jeffy,

some people will put nappy cream each time they change disposable diapers. some will put after baby poop. some like happi, wont put any unless there is rashes. it's up to you what you wanna practice :)

as for nestum, definitely BIG NO NO. feeding solids using bottle is choking hazard, especially for a newborn baby. may i know does your MIL listen to doctors? if yes, that'll be great! you can ask about cleaning tongue, feeding procedures etc to your baby's doc WHEN your MIL is around. sometimes 1 word from the doc is better then a thousand from us.

Hello mummies,

Now my baby is at the 4th month, and my period didn't come for 2 months. At the 2nd month, it came twice..is it normal?

Anyone face this problem before? What is the advice from gynae? Should I go for check up?

Lay Eng

hi lay eng,

IF you are fairly sure you are not pregnant, could be your body is still adjusting. why dont you go to see your gynae again? i am sure he can advise you better.