porsche911

Refrigerator

erm i bought that one is 470L with UV one. save electricity or not i duno wor.. haha.. been using for 3 yrs dy, the bill still the same as b4 lor :)

erm i bought that one is 470L with UV one. save electricity or not i duno wor.. haha.. been using for 3 yrs dy, the bill still the same as b4 lor :)

hehe..thanks for the info..plan to get it too..since it got 5 star energy savings..

hopefully is true..

yes... it quite save electricity.. i've 3 fridges so this fisher&paykel is really save.. :)

Hi passion, may I ask how much did u pay for your Fisher & Paykel? I got a quote for RM4,950, model E522B, dunno whether reasonable or not?

hi.. i'm not familiar with the model u wan i.e E522B coz i bought a pigeon pair.

if u wan to know then i'll try to ask for u. :)

hi passion, thanks for your reply. I just thought if you had by any chance bought the same model, then can share the price...No need to ask around, I don't want to trouble you..so paiseh.. :blush:

Folks

I got my fridge Toshiba 720L for RM 2.1K and use it for almost 2 years already.

good bargain

big enough to store food for 1 week

very cold

hi

perhaps if you wish to help others members,

you can list out the model that you have survey (with price and shop name if possible) and tell us your final decision...

thx

just got the quoted for Sharp SJPT-61RHS - RM2,050. the shop was located in cheras

but found out from sharp website, there was another model - SJ-T61RSL. which one is the newer model?

i need to buy another set of fridge for my new house. Which brand is good now? I'm considering panasonic inverter, but freezer at the bottom. Any comment on this?

im currently using a toshiba fridge...i find it not cold enough and my dairy products do go bad sometimes...

my grandma uses Kelvinator...the fridge is more than 10 years now and still good...much better compared to my 1 year old fridge...

i would recommend brands like Maytag, kelvinator and GE...

for my new place we bought a GE fridge..

perhaps if you want japanese, you should consider a fully imported one...

my advice is dont touch korean fridge...they are super noisy

Hi All,

I was wonderng why no one mentioned LG brand here ? is it that bad ? I was considering Sharp SJPT71RHS but when i was in the electrical shops most of the salesman said it is ok only and some even mentioned the vege looks like after defrosted even put in the vege compartment and with the lowest temperature and a lot salesman strongly recommend LG GR-M562YSQ. Can any1 kindly post me the comments on these 2 models as i need to buy it so urgently. thank you.

hi zehn, was told by one of my friend who previously work in electrical sales b4 that not so recommended korea's brand fridge as the motor will be more noisier than others, but i did have one colleague do using LG fridge, so far so good, she did not notice whether is it more noisier as the fridge is far from her room

i had bought a toshiba GR-RG48MD 2 weeks ago, so far ok, after hard bargain able to get it at RM1700, for more info abt the fridge can refer here http://www.toshiba.com.my/product/product_...uctid=GR-RG48MD

Any recommendation for side by side fridge? i'm looking for 720 litre capacity

GR-RG73MDA

http://www.toshiba.com.my/product/product_details.jsp?productid=GR-RG73MDA

://http://www.toshiba.com.my/product/p...id=GR-RG73MDA

Cool Air Wrap Energy Saving Illumination

Energy saving and maintenance-free LED lights with no heat emission ensure more stable temperature control. Stylish Duct Cover

Enhanced cool air wrap design with transparent blue decorative pattern creates a more stylish look. Sliver (Ag) Anti-Bacterial Crisper

Fruits and vegetables maintain their nutrients and stay fresh longer This toshiba come with tempered glass door

anyone seen this model?

any comment?

so far i found cheapest rm2699

any cheaper?

Energy saving and maintenance-free LED lights with no heat emission ensure more stable temperature control. Stylish Duct Cover

Enhanced cool air wrap design with transparent blue decorative pattern creates a more stylish look. Sliver (Ag) Anti-Bacterial Crisper

Fruits and vegetables maintain their nutrients and stay fresh longer

Fruits and vegetables maintain their nutrients and stay fresh longer

Mine is electrolux, bought it few weeks before x'mas. I forgot the spec and price but it is roughly RM2300.

For us, it is big enuf and very good. We can store the fresh veges and fruits up to 1 week and still retain the freshness.

Its a headache looking for a fridge. Some say get a small one will do while others say get a big one because fridge is something you don't change often unlike clothes. Of course it also depends on family size but no one knows what will happen 5 years down the road.

Another thing is whether to have the freezer at the top is more convenient or otherwise. Panasonic is famous for its freezer at the bottom. But if you observe, most other brands still retain the freezer at the top. This could mean there is a lack of demand for freezer at the bottom.

Well, the fridge I am looking for should at least have such features:

1. Around 300L capacity or slight more

2. 5 star rating energy saving

3. Keep veges and meat fresh

4. Bacteria free

5. Budget around 1~1.5k

As I am clueless about fridge, do hope to get some recommendations (preferably with model numbers) from members here. Thanks!

I will put my money with Toshiba or Sharp. So far having good experience with these brand. But I am sure there are alot more reliable brand outside.

And please go for moderate to large size. If buy too small, I think you will regret in future. Fridge can last for quite some time. Mine already coming to 5 years and still going strong *touch wood*

Any recommendation for side by side fridge? i'm looking for 720 litre capacity

Toshiba has 720L capacity. My MIL just bought it for RM2188 (in Ipoh), but it is not side by side (normal conventional fridge). Sometimes I think side by side fridge has more compartments (more organised), but the compartments will end taking up the spaces in the fridge.

For Toshiba 730L capacity, we didn't survey and compare the price, but we were quoted RM2450 from the same shop.

I agree with m|key, the fridge shouldn't be too small. MIL's previous fridge is around 500L capacity, brand is GE (used for the past 10 yrs but never even breakdown once), but she still find it insufficient. So bought another smaller fridge last 2/3 yrs and end up the electricity consumption is higher. Now switched to Toshiba 720L and only 1 fridge is in used in the house now.

Fridges are 1 of the few items that can outlast you probably. :biggrin:

I dont think brands actually matter. Ive heard of ppl who have used Sharp, Toshiba, Electrolux, LG, etc without any complaints for many years. So i think as long as you go for a reliable brand you should be ok. The deciding factor would be storage space and design. Many brands now offer 5 star energy ratings anyway.

I bought a Toshiba 2 door 480L fridge model GR-RG48MD Glass collection with Hybrid Guard System. The retail price is RM 2049 but i got mine for RM 1650 only which is a good buy i guess.

U can check it out here:

http://www.toshiba.com.my/product/product_...uctid=GR-RG48MD