Dear all,

I'm quite plum and afraid that I will not be able to loose those extra fat b4 my PS! So far I've tried 1 WD n 1 EG (this is when I shop for BS, where this is not the BS I've signed up). Well I look a bit slim in the evening gown but I've got big flabby arms! :lol:

I'm afraid that I will look awful in the photo and actual day coz my FH is quite thin. It is excatly like a "10". :lol: I've seen some of the bride's photo and they r so slim, so sian mu!

I am 160cm and weight 69kg! my PS is in Sept. Any advice or opinion?

Try slimming centre and follow their strict diet, it does help. But good determination needed. For arms hor, i am having this problem too... during my PS I used a lot of dirrent scarf and shawl to cover them... no choice lor.

if your PS package is those digital one, they can edit here and there to make u look fantastic... i think...

I am 160cm and weight 69kg! my PS is in Sept. Any advice or opinion?

Sensible diet and intensive exercise ... unfortunately, no short cuts babe ;)

You want good returns, you have to "fu zhu"(give out) first

if your PS package is those digital one, they can

edit here and there to make u look fantastic... i think...

Yes, they can edit here and there but I don't think they can make you into someone that you're not. Moreover, it will be very weird if they overdo on the editing like try to "crop" off flabby arms or legs coz even if they managed to do that, it will not be YOU anymore. And your guests will definitely be able to tell coz you will be looking so different in real life as compared to the photos :lol: :P

haha chooz, didn't know you would share the same sentiments as I do. anyway, being a bride should be happy and contented kinda of feeling, instead of worrying this and worrying that, it will get you worsen, cos anxiety causes stress :lol:

seriously if you spend about 5k on dieting programme, i would rather spend on a trip with my hubby! the moments only shared between me and my hubby. how memorable and sweet is that :lol::lol:

Ya, cuttie ...

This was because I've been through rollercoster rides of losing and gaining weight through fad diets and spent thousands of dollars on slimming centres! And you know what, NONE of it work long term!!

So it's either love yourself as the way you are OR get off your big fat ass and do something about it!!! :lol:

haha chooz you're really funny. but it's true, the slimming centres all offer gimmick to trick us to sign up. once you stop their diet program, u will regain back the pounds and back the good old shape. what's the point really?? :lol:

Honey,

You have a few months before your PS and unfortunately, there's no shortcut to obtaining slender arms. Join a gym and pick up some weights and start working those triceps! Sometimes, a slimming massage helps in the process but honestly, you will hv to invest in a pair of weights to get rid of those "bye-bye meat" - as my lil' cousins put it. If you consciously make an effort to squeeze in some tricep kickbacks or tricep dips at the edge of the sofa while you're watching tv every now and then, you'll see the results in no time... :lol:

I can comfotably say that I'm also on the plump size but every since I've been working out, the first region that you'll usually see results are the arms... You'll see the area tone up faster than ur legs or abs, trust me. The bi's and the tri's are relatively small muscle, so it doesn't take much to whip those babes in shape :P

Actually I do agree that u accept who you are...

after u spend like thousands on slimming program just to take PS, and then you happily get what you want hor(if u are really that good). Then after married hor, "BANG" there u got pregnant, then after give birth, start all over the diet and slimming again... hmm...

fusionista, bye-bye meat, hehe, tt's what my cuz calls it too. Are we related? hahahaa. The tricep dips really work? I don't see much results though, i used to swim, so I'm a little top heavy, esp when muscles have turned to fat. Help!! How many rep u do a day??

I agree that joining a gym and do weight lifting can help tone and firm muscles/fats. For short term, I don't think you will see any weight lost, perhaps you will even gain weight! But then at the same time, you will notice that your clothes are more loose. That's because muscles are denser and heavier than fats.

I think wearing a 2-piece gowns will help hiding the 'spare tyre'. All of us have this problem, right? Just a matter of whether the 'tyre' is inflated or not. ;)

fusionista,  bye-bye meat, hehe, tt's what my cuz calls it too.  Are we related? hahahaa.  The tricep dips really work?  I don't see much results though, i used to swim, so I'm a little top heavy, esp when muscles have turned to fat.  Help!!  How many rep u do a day??

bumblebee:

maybe ur cuzins went to the same highschool as my cuzins and sister :P

Sri Cempaka Intl School... I was ROTFL when they told me abt bye-bye meat :ph34r:

Yeah, the dips work. I used to be very flabby, but I don't really count how many reps I do @ home. When I'm @ the gym though, I do various things, but I found taht yoga & pilates helped me alot to tone up too. See, wehn i lift weights, my muscle get bulky and tensed up. I'm too lazy to stretch @ home, so I make it a point to go to the yoga/pilates class to strech and work on abs. Stretching do lengthen the muscle, so you get long and lean look.

I agree that joining a gym and do weight lifting can help tone and firm muscle/fat. For short term, I don't think you will see any weight lost, perhaps you will even gain weight! But then at the same time, you will notice that your clothes are more loose. That's because muscles are denser and heavier than fats.

Yeah, initially you do notice that you are gaining weight and look bigger than you were. But I think if you souple it with a lowfat, low sodium diet, this should speed up the slimming process more. Low sodium (salt) helps prevent water retention.

Also, not sure if this is an express solution, but the FDA in US actually recommends having at least 3 servings of dairy a day coupled with exercise to help loose weight. I personally think it works because dairy fills u up more, therefore you end up eating less.

Agree with all the expert advice given here. I have huge & extremely flabby arms too, and I'm top heavy as well.

So no short cut, been hitting the gym religiously. I found treadmilling and cycling quite effective in burning fats and increasing your metabolisme. My tummy became much flatter after 2 weeks! :ph34r:

As for the arms, no choice but to do weight. Not tht it can decrease the size, but at least make it less flabby and shape up a bit. If you're a gym member, then get the trainer to give u a few tips on shaping the triceps.

Yeah, I also had been adding my cardio more these days. I run on the eliptical 20 min and treadmill for 20 min also. If you have bad knees, you might want to skip the treadmill. I had bad knees before and jus trained them until they healed then only I went back to treadmill...

My legs are slimmer now from running 3 times a week, mountain biking on the weekends for about 4 hours...

Yeah, its alot of hard work... scared I cannot maintain after I get married!! :ph34r:

me now in small town, no chance to hit the gym liau or get professional trainers for tt matter :( ... i used to be a member of Cali Fitness in S'pore. It was great fun working out a tthe gym :ph34r: Home gym system is too exp to buy. So have to rely on weights. and dips. maybe i'll have to get some dvds for home workout.

fusionista, you ARE really working very hard. i hope I can be tt discpline.

Sensible diet and intensive exercise ... unfortunately, no short cuts babe 

Yes, it's true. The best way is exercise.

Can start to exercise bit by bit until ur body can take it, then u can try a bit intensive one lor... like jog longer, swim longer etc etc.

Dun take too much rice. Cut down bit bit... take more fruits. Dun totally cut out all carbohydrate food. It's like fuel. In order to move more, we still need it. Our body cannot tahan without the 'fuel'. If u only take fruits n cut down all ur meals, this kind of dieting program wun last long.

I like jogging, kickboxing and pilates... i m a beginner in pilate though :lol:

Remember, pls take good care when u r exercising... dun sprank or hurt urself bcoz ur big days is coming. We need to take good care of our body so tat we can cope all wedding preparation works and be a pretty bride ;)

I lost about 11kg. I started dieting using Total Life from Total Image since April 2006. So it is less than 2 mths and i lost 11kg. I am quite plum. I was in my 70+ and now i am in my 60+. I am going to be in my 50+. I am expediting the process by joining gym with my bf. Hope it helps accelarating the process. :lol:

Anyway i still have 1.5 yrs be4 i am getting married... so just have to keep on maintaining it keke.. ;)

Hey, i read somewhere that jogging isn't really good for your body. Forgotten the details, something about not good for the knee joints if the ground's too hard and sagging breasts/ butt. Have any of you read something like tt before?

Yes, you are right bumblebee. That is why it is important to jog only on jogging tracks or threadmill. Also equally important is to get a good pair of jogging shoes. Those pricey branded sports shoes have their purposes, not just the brand that calls for such price.

For jogging, u might need to consider to have a pair of good sport shoes, sports bra so tat our breasts wun 'jumping around' too much when we run. For joints, I take glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate supplements everyday :lol:

Thanks gals. I was hoping to start jogging with my dog, just like in the TV series, hahaha. Yeah, i noticed my knees and ankles hurt a little after i started jogging on the field. My shoes are cross trainers. Is it good enough for jogging?