claritzel

New York Skin Solution

Argh!!! :angry:

I'm starting this thread in frustration, dissapointment, anger!!. Man, am hating myself to even try their free facial promotion! Oh, the agony!

Girls, whatever you do. DO NOT STEP INTO NEW YORK SKIN SOLUTION CENTRE!!

I went there 3 weeks ago to try their facial. Reached there around 6 something. This is what happened.

1. I waited for 10 minutes for their "consultant" to get ready.

2. 20 - 25 minutes of skin analysis. Showed some pictures of "problematic" area

3. Went into a small, compact room for facial from around 7 till 8 plus.

4. The nightmare started right after they finished the facial "treatment". Was asked to wait in a room where the earlier "consultant" hardsell me to buy their package. Let's call her A. A asked me to sign up to 20 facial "treatment" which cost around 6k. I said I've another package somewhere. She then reduced the supposingly 20 times facial that I needed to 10. Even when I pleaded to go toilet, A wouldn't allow and with that, called another "consultant" to come. Let's call her B

5. 9 something pm. A and B started their role playing where B was making sinister remarks and all.

6. 10 something pm. A and B called another to come in. Let just call her C. Three stooges all with united power kept on babbling till I can't take it anymore. I told them I haven't have dinner yet but they just can't stop till I sign in at least 5 facial package or leave down a RM 500 deposits which they claimed can be used to buy products later. Bottom line, they won't let me off until they made sales from me, regardless of how much it is.

7. 11.10 pm!! I can't take in anymore. I paid RM1400 for their 5 times facial with a set of products consist of cleanser, toner, moisturizer.

I went home tired but thought to myself, maybe..just maybe there would be results afterall.

A week later, (facial coupled with using their product)

1st time facial - Had major breakouts on forehead. Skin rough. Uneven tone.

Another week later (they said I've to follow their schedule which is to have the facial done every 10 days for better result, that's why the consistent "facial pampering" visits)

2nd time facial - Not only major breakouts, I had red spots all over my face! My pores are enlarged and my skin is rough. My fiance asked me to stop using their products. He said he has never seen so many breakouts on my face before. My colleagues asked why my skin condition worsen recently!! And I can't stand looking at myself in the mirror anymore!!! :(

HELP!!!! :( Am feeling really really low now. :(

Dear Claritzel:

So sorry to hear that, actually one of my colleague also signed up with them at Singapore. 2K plus for 10 times. I dun see any different lar but at least not so worst. They also keep persuade her to upgrade her package but she said no. Really pity you this kind of big company also like tht,siao one. I think u can make complain to the consumer association see wat they can do. Last time my mum also kena tipu by a company, she go to complain n get back 80% of the money(total 3k plus). U go there and tell them the whole story. This is really too much cannot force people to sign up. Hope this can help.

Sorry to hear your experience.

I have package with them too. I signed up with them almost 1 1/2 years ago for 15 treatments. Till now haven't finished yet. Bought their products once. My skin improved a lot. After that, I don't use their products anymore. Bought my own which I think is cheaper. Now I still have 3 treatments left. I don't think I will continue with them after finished all these 3 treatments.

Different people have different reaction on facial products. But overall I don't think it should deteriorate from one's original condition, in ur case i believe it has worsen? Ask a friend to accompany you to go look for them and question them, I think you should demand for a refund. Remember beginning of the year there was a case whereby a lady went for facial and has caused her face so many breakouts? Tell them that you do not want to experience this and demand them for a refund, if they refuse, do bring this up to the consumer tribunal, consumer do have their rights! (At least u should threaten them u want to do so)

Get the money refund if possible, don't go there and ended up signing more for any facial package.

Thanks girls for all your concern! :)

My red spots are clearing up. I'm not using their product anymore. Still have blemishes on my forehead tho. Think will just bite the bullet, take a deep breath and try to survive my last three treatments there lor. Shall see what they say at the end of the sessions.. Sure lock me up in the room and try to convince me to be a fool again one..lol.. :P

Keeping my fingers crossed..

:huh:

Thanks girls for all your concern! :)

My red spots are clearing up. I'm not using their product anymore. Still have blemishes on my forehead tho. Think will just bite the bullet, take a deep breath and try to survive my last three treatments there lor. Shall see what they say at the end of the sessions.. Sure lock me up in the room and try to convince me to be a fool again one..lol.. :P

Keeping my fingers crossed..

:huh:

Aiks!!! So sickening one!! Eh, like being held against your will wor! Yes, I agree that you should complain to the consumers' tribunal. It will be worth your time! Then no need so cham go san fu 3 more treatments... why torture self wor... :( bur hor, if you decide otherwise... if they do persuade again... make sure you say no and just leave... or, ask fiance to wait outside for you. so scary wor like hostage situation... but glad to hear that your spots are clearing up!

woah..thats very expensive..

i went for their 1st trial also before and they tried to persuade me signing up their package by saying my skin got breakout and so on...as usual..i also plan to sign up but i still have few treatment with another saloon...so they asked me to pay deposit first to secure the promotion price...then i paid RM50 only. But when I went back and discuss with my hubby, I plan to stick to current saloon as my skin improve quite a lot since I signed up with this saloon...So, I let go the RM50 and never go back.

I had signed a package of 10 session + products cost me RM2.4k with them b4 I think one year plus ago... I know this is from a TV program by NTV7 then I get a free facial from them worth RM350 b4 I sign up them... At that time I had dry skin problem & my skin was very sensitive but after I go thru the trial it was ok with my skin & they said my problems will go off after 1 ~ 2 treatmeants then I signed lo...

After 3 treatments I still didnt see any result then the consultant claim to be from Singapore HQ was at the branch wan to see me for consultation. She told me the facial treatment I signed up was very BASIC one so can bring me the result ... :blink::blink::blink: then I was like just keep quite let her finish her statement.... She ask me to top up to higher level (the highest) of the facial where coz RM900 per session :blink::blink: the offer given is I only need to top up the remaining 7 session but they gives me back the 3 I had utilitise mean I get fresh 10 session back.... but I need to pay for another RM3.9k for it :blink::blink:

I told I not afford to so expensive package & I just wan to stick back to the current package coz in my mind I dont find the treatment work for me then what for me to invest again.... U know what that consultant said ... she told my therapist "she dont wan la.... I offer her so good package she also dont wan ... see she will regret one ... dont ask me again next time...." the face expression is like look me down .... I felt offended :angry:

I had signed a package of 10 session + products cost me RM2.4k with them b4 I think one year plus ago... I know this is from a TV program by NTV7 then I get a free facial from them worth RM350 b4 I sign up them... At that time I had dry skin problem & my skin was very sensitive but after I go thru the trial it was ok with my skin & they said my problems will go off after 1 ~ 2 treatmeants then I signed lo...

After 3 treatments I still didnt see any result then the consultant claim to be from Singapore HQ was at the branch wan to see me for consultation. She told me the facial treatment I signed up was very BASIC one so can bring me the result ... :blink::blink::blink: then I was like just keep quite let her finish her statement.... She ask me to top up to higher level (the highest) of the facial where coz RM900 per session :blink::blink: the offer given is I only need to top up the remaining 7 session but they gives me back the 3 I had utilitise mean I get fresh 10 session back.... but I need to pay for another RM3.9k for it :blink::blink:

I told I not afford to so expensive package & I just wan to stick back to the current package coz in my mind I dont find the treatment work for me then what for me to invest again.... U know what that consultant said ... she told my therapist "she dont wan la.... I offer her so good package she also dont wan ... see she will regret one ... dont ask me again next time...." the face expression is like look me down .... I felt offended :angry:

sounds so much like those slimming centers leh. i just told them my credit card pau-char liao then they speechless and din bug me oredi hahahah!

:angry: Wahliau..then how can u tahan continuing yr remaining treatments thr la..sure tak syok wan..

Will be going for my fourth "treatment" this week. They said will ask their "branch manager" to do extraction this time, say la extraction very tedious job, need experienced ppl, probably last time tha girl who did was not so experience..yada yada yada.. Their motive's really questionable.. :(

Shall see how it turns out lor. Can't wait for the whole treatment package to be completed.

Hi, girls....

I m 1 of the victim...i finished the last facial recently..i suppose entitled for 1 free referral facial (feel so sorry to my frie that i recommend to NY)...i not dare to go as those consultants keep on pushing...

I have big pigment on my face..those consultants focus on this area...persuade me to buy ambur...cost RM2800, which i dun think have any effect at all.. :dash2:

When finish the courses, they will persuade u to sign another courses, they asking me to sign RM9800 course. I refused. As i have so disappointed with they services..Pushy :sauer2: . The consultant even give few offer to me (or technique?) after seen me doesn't attract with the course.

I so proud with myself, as my stand so firm...will not being cheat again...cheers...haha :wub:

Whatever it is, do not step in New York, London Weight Management and Yunn Nam Hair Care. They are all under the same management and they believe in hard selling.

I was a victim at new york too...same thing, kept me in a room for many hours even though my mum who went shopping came and look for me, they didn't want to let me go until i payed smthg. I payed rm1000 for 10 sessions. Thankfully, my consultant resigned, and no one was really there to follow up, although she called me but i said no, so at the end of the 10th session i cabut.

Hey all, I would like to input my feedback from my visit to New York Skin Solutions for my FREE trial. First I had to disagree with some of you regarding the "hardsell" techniques that the consultants practised over there as for myself after completing the FREE trial my consultant (Sharon) didn't try to sell me anything. Her service was very professional and she did it in a very polite and patient manner. I believe not all consultants does the "hardsell" approach on customers. If you guys would like to know which branch she is at feel free to leave me a pm.

DEAR ALL,

DONT EVER STEP IN TO NEW YORK SOLUTION! !!! they are bunch of crazy sales people and the products and facial are TOTALLY OVER_PRICED!!

me and my hubby went for facial before on the FIRST TRIAL!! we managed to leave about 1 hour later after the whole facial finish !! THEY ARE SUPERBLY persistent and are trained to be like dat !! We went off without receiving the product samples which suppose to be given to us !! in the end, we sensed that they are really unhappy that we didnt sign up for anything...

I also walked out from the shop first as my hubby still in the facial room ... After that they tried to pursuade my hubby... He called my up from the Centre. Dear all, isnt is freaking scary ? MY hubby totally cant leave the place ... i walked back to the Beauty Centre to drag him out !! CRAZY BUNCH OF BEAUTICIAN s !!

omg so scary. luckily my beautician not like this!

oh ya. to all those who buy new york skin solutions product, their product is OEM, made in malaysia or singapore. its not worth the money you are paying. the cost is maybe 80-90% lesser than what you are paying.

my hubby and i are 'victims' of New York skin solutions also.. both hubby and i signed up for a 10 facials package at RM4k... they will promise u moon n stars but u will realise sooner or later the whole thing is just a ploy to get u to sign up w them.. i really regret wasting our money thr as i do not c any improvement in my skin condition.. when i brought this up, my consultant actually chided me for not cleaning my face properly and also for not using the whole range of products she suggested which was SUPERBLY EXPENSIVE!!! really siao!

when i went for my 4th facial the drama really started when she asked this s'pore manager cum consultant to talk to me about my 'dire' skin conditions (it was not!!! they were bein really dramatic!!!) she actually ask me to take up serum treatments tat will boost my skin's regenerating power and also increase the absorption ability... at RM 5k!!! i nearly fell off my chair... i refused and said that my facial was promised to bring desired results but since they cannot deliver, shouldn't adjustments be made to the package itself rather than topping up???? plus, shouldn't i wait till the end of my package to decide if i should top up or not??? she then said that the extra package was specially designed so that i wont waste my existing package which doesn't seem to hv improved my face much... it's like saying the whole package i signed up for was useless if i do not sign up for this one... i was so ANGRY!!! it's your product and your consultant that couldn't deliver leh!! when i went for my 1st trial, my consultant said she has designed my current package according to my skin's absorbing abilities la, tolerance la, sensitivity la, bla bla bla... and since now u're saying my skin doesnt regenerate as fast or absorb as much as expected, it's my fault now ah??!!! she's really contradicting herself lo... i refused to sign up and left pretending that my fuming hubby was waiting for me at d main entrance.. i think i was thr for about 2 hours after d facial... yeesh... my hubby's experience is nearly the same but because he is much much more 'garang' and 'sarcastic' than i am, they don't push him much... i think they don't really dare to pressure guys much kua..

now both of us are just trying to finish off our sessions as soon as we can... im just hoping my consultant doesn't ask/force me to buy any products anymore... wont top up my stock already!!!! i'll probably go back to cellnique(seems to work when i tried while workin in Melaka, Ler Beauty, Melaka Raya) or try herbaline or dermalogica after this... any recommendations???

bad experienced goes with me!!!..they ask me to pay RM6.5K, but i refused..they forced me, pushed me, pursue me..but they didnt get Yes from me..so, they tried another way that ask me to pay RM800 (student's package)..n the price is reasonable for 4 session of collagen..

after my 2nd treatment, my skin getting worse. So, i went back to them n they ask me to do repairing treatment that will cost me RM2.7K..as usual, i say NO MONEY!!..i ask them to switch my collagen treatment to repairing treatment but they said, CANNOT..at last, they reduce to RM500 n i said Yes..

after 3 hrs of my treatment, they call me n try harder to get me pay for RM2.3K..they also offering me 4 x installment..n i still have 2 more treatments..addooiiii..now i need a concrete reason for next week..

bad experienced goes with me!!!..they ask me to pay RM6.5K, but i refused..they forced me, pushed me, pursue me..but they didnt get Yes from me..so, they tried another way that ask me to pay RM800 (student's package)..n the price is reasonable for 4 session of collagen..

after my 2nd treatment, my skin getting worse. So, i went back to them n they ask me to do repairing treatment that will cost me RM2.7K..as usual, i say NO MONEY!!..i ask them to switch my collagen treatment to repairing treatment but they said, CANNOT..at last, they reduce to RM500 n i said Yes..

after 3 hrs of my treatment, they call me n try harder to get me pay for RM2.3K..they also offering me 4 x installment..n i still have 2 more treatments..addooiiii..now i need a concrete reason for next week..

Hi Nurul,

Advise you to discontinue, i take 1 and half year to repair what they had done to my skin....

I went to NYSS 2 years ago, bcoz i received a promo coupon from their promo counter,

after treatment they offer me da package and after few hour discussion,convincing session, bla bla bla...

i sign up their package, cost me 8k!!!!! but i refuse to pay lump sum...

so they swap my card 1K, the next 2 week i went there for the treatment...

Guess what, few days later pimples pops out like popcorn!!!!!!!!! very scare to see my face at the mirror!! so i went back to NYSS,

they said :: OH, THE PRODUCT IS NOT SUITABLE WITH UR SKIN... WTH......

they suggest me the package earlier... and now saying that the product not suit me???.. then ask me to take another package...

haizzzz... again! really piss off.... :dash2:

i left and discontinue the treatment.... and i still have 3 treatment left!!!

Few month back, my bf make noise, asking me to claim the payment i made to NYSS, so i went to IOI NYSS,

again the convince me to continue the treatment and tell me no refund!!!!!!!

They give me 3 option

1 : continue the treatment

2 : giveaway the treatment to frens

3 : buy their product...

my choice ----- i want my money back !! or else u buy me sari ayu product and vitamin c , i wont use your product... u may check wit ur boss!

( coz they keep saying that they couldn't make any decision )

till today i'm still waiting for their reply!

or can we lodge this to tribunal? :sauer2:

Dear ladies,

You can lodge such complaints to Consumer Rights. http://www.fomca.org.my/

Give them a call and explain this to them. No harm trying.

Facial - it can be really scary. I have heard numerous NYSS horror stories from many different people. None were good.

I had my fair share where they took my I/C for registration - but I did not buy anything from them. Perhaps they want to block me off their list. This is a beauty salon in Uptown, Damansara.(years back).

Cheers.

i heard skinclub by dermagenesis is gud,my sister did her treatment there n its really effective, her skin is clear, no more pimples after few treatments..da price is oso reasonable...u gals can check it out there...didnt know NY can do tat, so scary!!!

i heard skinclub by dermagenesis is gud,my sister did her treatment there n its really effective, her skin is clear, no more pimples after few treatments..da price is oso reasonable...u gals can check it out there...didnt know NY can do tat, so scary!!!

New York Skin is very famous , use a lot of money on the marketing. don't know the result or not, but I guess not cheap.

New York Skin is very famous , use a lot of money on the marketing. don't know the result or not, but I guess not cheap.

Looks like I'm not the only one unhappy with NYSS. I bought package with them in 2005/2006, felt like their products/treatment didn't do anything to my skin at all. In the end I changed to Dermalogica and also Beyond Beauty (TTDI). Dermalogica (Aster Spring) is quite good I think, but more for maintenance purpose, no extra improvement. Beyond Beauty was very basic treatment, wasn't prepared to pay premium for their machine treatment.

Anyway, surprised NYSS lasted so long, too many ladies out there for them to con their money.....

Now have moved house, so going to a new beauty salon at Solaris Dutamas called Tres Bella, they are using Mary Cohr products from Paris. Apparently Swiss Garden Hotel also using this brand? It improves my skin alot, especially on hydration level. I didn't take care since giving birth to my child 2 yrs ago, then got dry skin/flaky skin/pigmentation.... Now only trying to get back my youthful look! haha!

Aster Spring and Tres bella are both good.... No Hardsell on packages, only inform you on the package, up to you if you want to sign. No "Consultation" room!