Bluelady,

hehe .. we purposely chose the date, easy to remember and for our AD is because we want the date that falls on weekend and what a coincident it is on Sunday :)

My wedding preparation list ah? mmm .. I did that before but I think I have done most of the things :)

I have bought most of the wedding stuffs and I skipped those which we think is not practical :P

Our (so called) Gua Da Li is going to be very simple, my mum simplifies most of the things and replace with red packet, well since I chose my own AD, I will also chose my own GDL date :P hahaha

How much have you done for your wedding preparation?

Bluelady,

hehe .. we purposely chose the date, easy to remember and for our AD is because we want the date that falls on weekend and what a coincident it is on Sunday :)

My wedding preparation list ah? mmm .. I did that before but I think I have done most of the things :)

I have bought most of the wedding stuffs and I skipped those which we think is not practical :P

Our (so called) Gua Da Li is going to be very simple, my mum simplifies most of the things and replace with red packet, well since I chose my own AD, I will also chose my own GDL date :P hahaha

How much have you done for your wedding preparation?

Hi BG, my wedding preparation I would say I m 50% done lor. Left with buying wedding stuffs and dealing with the wedding planner nia. Wow u get to choose ur own GDL date yea. Mine will be 2 weeks b4 my AD. My FMIL choose the date one.

I think for me, i would prefer to celebrate our anniversary using the AD cos that is the date the si fu calculated for us n it marked our 10th anniversary of knowing each other..ROM date we just simply choose a good date so it meant nothing.. ;)

being a greedy person myself, i'll have 3 celebration a year for both AD and ROM.

for ROM, me and hubby will celebrate it twice a year... 1 as in lunar calendar (that's mooncake festival) and the 2nd is as accords to the gregorian calendar that's 06/10/06.

as for our AD we will be celebrating the gregorian calendar date only as we can't remember our lunar calendar AD date... :P

wah.. mhyap1.. 3 celebrations a year... thats really nice and sweet.. :)

We have our official dating anniversary, ROM, and coming up the AD.

So I think from now on, we will use our AD, which is easier for him to remember.. 31st december.. 2008..

hahahhaha

bluelady,

I consider myself as lucky, because we chose all the dates and my parents are open-minded (enough) to allow us to do that :P

I think our GDL will be early as my AD is the 2nd of August (lunar date) I don't think my parents want to have the GDL in hungry ghost mth??

Hi BG, so happy for u that ur parents are open minded. I only have my mum left who is not a Buddhist so I leave all decisions to my FMIL to do lor. Hehehe.

As for the other girls who reply, mind to share ur dates???

we choose the dates together at a friend's wedding dinner just spontaneous hahahha then came home do some online chk whether its good then only inform both parents.. luckily they are ok with anything then ma book the venue lo... hehehe

anyway if me i will celebrate both.. as plan to have ROM on 9th Sept 2009 and AD confirmed on 20th September 2009 :)

bluelady,

yaya .. I'm just lucky la :P MIL has passed away few years ago and we don't have the pantang about that :)

normally they said either within 100 days or 3 years later, but we don't follow :P

yee0808,

wow! hehe nice date ah :P

actually we ever though of 9.9.9 too but I like 8.8.8 more than 9.9.9 and since our AD is on 20.09.2009 is ok too :P so I have 8 and 9 :P

sweetie_kua

hahaha i love 8 but then this year cant make it so ma take 9 lo.. as you said 9 = longetivity .. wish our relationship can last as long as it could hehehe

beautifulgown

ya.. hehe we share the same AD date

bluelady

thanks hehe.. the 9th sept i still hunting arnd for the registration venue hope can make it..

we choose the dates together at a friend's wedding dinner just spontaneous hahahha then came home do some online chk whether its good then only inform both parents.. luckily they are ok with anything then ma book the venue lo... hehehe

anyway if me i will celebrate both.. as plan to have ROM on 9th Sept 2009 and AD confirmed on 20th September 2009 :)

Hi yee0808,

Noted that you intend to have your ROM on 09.09.2009. FYI - that's the 21st day of the 7th month next year. We celebrate Hungry Ghost Festival each year on the 14th day of the 7th month. From the 14th onwards, it is believed that the Gate of Hell will open and all Hungry Ghosts will be freed into our world. Hence, anytime between the 14th till before the 1st day of the 8th month, it is not advisable to celebrate any happy occassions.

Initially, I wanted to have my ROM on 09.09.2009 too (if you note that my AD is in Nov 2009). But I decided to check the Lunar calendar first and had to change my plans to have my ROM a year earlier on 08.08.2008. Though 08.08.2008 is on the 8th day of the 7th months this year, it is still OK as we have yet to celebrate the Hungry Ghost Festival.

Just my humble opinion, yeah.. If you are not supersitious, then don't worry about the date, k? :)

Both my mom & MIL are pretty supersitious & into feng shui, hence I hafta choose my date appropriately :P

Hi sweetie kua,

Can share with me your list arr? Fiance and I just got engaged and we have absolutely no idea where /how to start our planning. We don't even have a date set yet, we do know what we want to do it in 2009 however. Thanks so much!

Me the lazy type 1 lor sweetie kua. Dats y sometimes my HB get angry with me cos I havent do the list yet. *Sigh* But den since I found MB, I become so eager with all the planning but also with everyone's help in here. Thank you so much sweetie kua. Wishing u gambatte to prepare for ur wedding in 2mths!! You can do it. ;)

hahaha... thx thx... go n show ur hb tat u have done the list out, tell him tat u r not lazy. hehehhe, actually wat i wan to knw, i jus check at MB thn got my answer liao.

same to u...GAMBAHTEH!! :wub:

i had my AD date fixed at last.... 20/09/2009 - same with BG and yen... and ROM to be same as yen as well!!!!

:D so happy, at least something done... now need to proceed to have my venue booked!