Curtains

Hi Pei Pei

Wspend about 2K for our new home's curtain including rail installation:

1) Living hall front sliding door - double layer

2) Living hall side sliding door+fixed window - single lace layer

3) Courtyard (front) - outdoor wooden blind

4) Kitchen window- aluminium blind

5) Guess room, 2nd bedroom and 3nd bedroom - single layer curtain

6) Masterbed room - front side window wooden blind; front middle window- roman blind+ lace (length to floor)

Mei Mei,

Thanks for the info.

My parents did their curtains for their house at Nico Curtains near Tesco Puchong. Price was very cheap. RM1K for living hall sliding door and 4 bedroom windows. The lady owner was very nice and easygoing..our measurement for our sliding door was incorrect (our sliding door was actually slightly bigger) but she said it's ok, she'll keep to the original price she quoted us. BUT...her partner who came to install the railings and curtains was another matter!! He was bad-tempered and rude. Kept whistling so that he wont have to listen to us when we speak to him. I had initially thought of going to Nico for my new house, but now NO WAY! Most probably will go H Home as many members recommend this shop. Thanks!

MeiMei,

How much is the entire cost of your curtains from H Home? I'll be moving into my new house in Bdr Puteri and deciding where to have my curtains made.

Hi, I went to City Curtain at bandar puteri puchong, few doors away from the KPMC, the medical centre, on first floor. They were having promotion at RM699 for the whole house of course selected fabric. I did my living hall curtain there. Not bad : )

my house, my dearest and my dogs

hi,

do u mind sharing with me the add of City Curtain n the contact no?do u know wat time they open shop?i think of visiting them next sat morning when i pay a visit to kl.thanks n hope to hear from u.

hi all...

do anyone knows where can i find curtain tailors at Penang/Butterworth area? I'm finding for matching curtains for the bedsheet set which I've brought earlier...

thanks for sharing :)

next to shell station, raja uda is teh brother, very nice but more pricey.

furthur down, opposite the school got a road go straight, opposite a hoh chiak coffee shop, forget the name but this shop is cheap, china material.

sri rambai/bm, back of cimb bank, old timer also not bad.

hi alex,

is all the curtains selling here the ready-made ones? or they can sew it for me based on the measurements I gave them? do you know how much is their sewing workmanship charges??

hi all...

do anyone knows where can i find curtain tailors at Penang/Butterworth area? I'm finding for matching curtains for the bedsheet set which I've brought earlier...

next to shell station, raja uda is teh brother, very nice but more pricey.

furthur down, opposite the school got a road go straight, opposite a hoh chiak coffee shop, forget the name but this shop is cheap, china material.

sri rambai/bm, back of cimb bank, old timer also not bad.

hi alex,

is all the curtains selling here the ready-made ones? or they can sew it for me based on the measurements I gave them? do you know how much is their sewing workmanship charges??

hi rosayee, not ready made, they will make to order, full height, window height. what kind of rail suitables all need go on site to check.

the sewing of the curtains is standard, unless you want to make a fix pleat type (forget how to call it) so the curtain will look consistent at all time and easier to hang. that there are some surcharges due to extra workmanship. roughly 100-200 extra i think depends on how big is your curtains.

i would recommend teh brothers, if you are from island than can check out their burmah road old shop which exist b4 i was born, tons of choice, great quality. so far i use this bworth side and already satisfied with their service and quality.

their wallpaper choice are great. check it out.

Hi all,

I made my curtains from Home's Harmony in Queensbay...Initially I thought this kind of shops in shopping complex would be very expensive but end up I find that it is so much cheaper compared those curtain shops ard the town...Especially when they are offering 20% discount and on top of that if u r a member, u get extra 10%, means 30% off from the original price...I'm more than happy with their service and quality...All their curtains are made in KL...So u will have to wait ard 2 weeks to get it done for custom made measurements curtains.

hi rosayee, not ready made, they will make to order, full height, window height. what kind of rail suitables all need go on site to check.

the sewing of the curtains is standard, unless you want to make a fix pleat type (forget how to call it) so the curtain will look consistent at all time and easier to hang. that there are some surcharges due to extra workmanship. roughly 100-200 extra i think depends on how big is your curtains.

i would recommend teh brothers, if you are from island than can check out their burmah road old shop which exist b4 i was born, tons of choice, great quality. so far i use this bworth side and already satisfied with their service and quality.

their wallpaper choice are great. check it out.

mine already have the rail fixed.. so perhaps pay them a visit & arrange when they can come over to have a look lor... cos I won't be at penang at all time...

thier shop at Burmah Road also named "teh brothers" ah?? which part of Burmah Road is their shop located??

hi all,

just to share, City Curtain in Puchong is having promotion on their curtain rods, for wooden rod, 28mm, mahogany and rosewood colour, only rm7.50/ft and metal rod is RM15/ft. All came with full accessories. So far the best deal i've found!!! :)

hi, juz done all my house curtain. i use custome made. this tailor recommended by my mom, i use white and chocolate and also grey to make it more class. for 3 bed room plus 1 living hall, i use ard rm800.00 for good material fabric. if want to use economy fabric i think the price will be cheaper

mine already have the rail fixed.. so perhaps pay them a visit & arrange when they can come over to have a look lor... cos I won't be at penang at all time...

thier shop at Burmah Road also named "teh brothers" ah?? which part of Burmah Road is their shop located??

The road which got Him Heang biscuit shop. Teh Brother located before the small traffic light (left side shop lot).

dear all,

i got my mom to sew my house curtains, in total i spend approx rm1500 for 5x sliding doors (double layer), 4x three-panel windows, 3x single panel roman blinds, 1x two-panel roman blinds and last is 1 big roman blind for a 85"x180" window.... the price includes curtain railings and tracks.... Really save a lot, as i get to choose good material, and black-out fabric for bedrooms.... :)

dear all,

i got my mom to sew my house curtains, in total i spend approx rm1500 for 5x sliding doors (double layer), 4x three-panel windows, 3x single panel roman blinds, 1x two-panel roman blinds and last is 1 big roman blind for a 85"x180" window.... the price includes curtain railings and tracks.... Really save a lot, as i get to choose good material, and black-out fabric for bedrooms.... :)

Hi,

Can PM me the contact? Thanks a lot ;) :D

anyone know where to get nice curtain tassels??

i had tried Carrefour Nagoya.. some other fabric shops.. but the design n color doesn't match my curtain..

anyone know where to get nice curtain tassels??

i had tried Carrefour Nagoya.. some other fabric shops.. but the design n color doesn't match my curtain..

wat is ur curtain colour. notice that carrefour wangsa maju nagoya have many choice wor. or go along jalan TAR near sogo.

The road which got Him Heang biscuit shop. Teh Brother located before the small traffic light (left side shop lot).

thanks thteong, I will check it out the place soon... you got your curtains there too? how much does it cost you? any other place in penang where I can custom made my curtains and cheap? :)

yenyen,

may i know what contact u want? city curtain?

Hi Ceetee,

Yup, i want the curtain contact... can PM me the detail. :D Thx

yenyen,

my curtain is sewn by my mom, i only bought railing from city curtain...

thanks thteong, I will check it out the place soon... you got your curtains there too? how much does it cost you? any other place in penang where I can custom made my curtains and cheap? :)

Depend on what you get. They got a lot of selection and brand.

I spend little only. 3 roller blind with 1 main curtain at living room. Below 2k. Now shopping for the wallpaper (too many selection).

Anyone know where can I find nice curtains in Kuching? MTM as well?

Thanks in advance... :)

Dear all,

Would like to share, I have went to Macy at IOI just now, so happen they have warehouse sell up to 70% only for 4 days (started today).

Hurry up......will went to the warehouse after work ^0^

www.macyhomefurnishings.com

ps: last few days i went to Tewah at Mines shopping mall look for curtain fabric, but didn't found my best design. ;(

The MACY in IOI mall.. the curtains there nice onot.. the designs and all...

DO they give you suggestions on what colour or designs suits the house mou??

Hi Sunny_kiss,

I think MACY curtains design is not bad, nope, i didn't ask them which color and design to match, because I already have my own design in my mind.

I did went to MACY warehouse sales, manage to bought my sliding door curtains with total rm80++ only (4+1 pcs), simple design & good fabric, so happy. :P

Maybe you can visit MACY one day. (but no more sale already)

Anyone know where can I find nice curtains in Kuching? MTM as well?

Thanks in advance... :)

You can try Home Designer at Jalan Tun Jugah, after the Simpang 3 flyover (adjacent to Casarano block) or Home Harmony at boulevard. You can also try FAH Co. along the Gambier Street.