Sign in to follow this  
rachelwp

Commisioner of Oath/ Pesuruhjaya Sumpah in Penang

Hi all..

i need urs help....

my AD is on Sept..registration will be on the same month...

but until now i still not manage to get a Commisioner of Oath in Penang....

and i get to know that ROM can only be held after 3 weeks from the date of form submission...

i really need urgently help.....

anyone that know about that pls give some advice....

thanks in advance ya...

regards,

rachel

if one is trying to find for commisioner of oath, u can find them, lots of them in the office located near bank street(the one near port weld where they go for photoshooting). park ur car n walk down the street ...then u will c lots of them.

Um.. so sorry.. actually i dun know what is "commissioner of oath". And also dun know what do i need and procedure of ROM. Can anyone advise? Or any topic of this ? :ph34r:

Um.. so sorry.. actually i dun know what is "commissioner of oath". And also dun know what do i need and procedure of ROM. Can anyone advise? Or any topic of this ? :ph34r:

Hi AlineMBTS,

"commissioner of oath" is person who has a license from goverment and he/ she is the witness of your marriage, which mean you n ur husband have to swear in front of him to certify the marriage. But, I am not sure is that all the "commissioner of oath" can be the witness of a marriage as I know most of them can certify our certificate/ documents such as IC, application form etc.

They have certain rate and charges. For a ROM, you need to prepare photostat IC as well as birth cert of 2 of u, and both side parent (either dad or mum, either one who will be the witness of us).

If I'm not mistaken, please prepare passport photos (cant remember is 2 or 4) of 2 of u again.

Last but not least, the payment for the "commissioner of oath".

Private and goverment is a bit different, u better check with them first so that u can get ready with all the things.

Usually, first round is to submit all the documents and then have to wait for weeks. The 2nd round should be the official ceremony.

Hope can help but I may miss out something, please forgive if I miss out something :P

Oliver08,

Thanks for your information, really helpful. I did visit JPN website this afternoon, but seen do not need to do "commissioner of oath". This is only for private register only ?

Oliver08,

Thanks for your information, really helpful. I did visit JPN website this afternoon, but seen do not need to do "commissioner of oath". This is only for private register only ?

sorry for my late reply..

Yes, it is for the private registration... :)