Sign in to follow this  
meiteoh

M'sia made it to the Swiss headlines

20minutes is a free Swiss newspaper published in the German and French speaking regions of Switzerland and just the other day, HB comes home telling me that us M'sians made the headlines. And seriously, after reading it here, I can imagine how the Swiss are just laughing about us.

Avril Lavigne est trop sexy pour les Malaisiens

La chanteuse n’est pas la bienvenue en Malaisie. Le parti de l’opposition islamique du pays la juge «trop sexy».

Les mouvements de scène d’Avril Lavigne dérangent en Malaisie.

«Nous ne voulons pas que notre peuple et nos adolescents soient influencés par la performance d’Avril Lavigne. Nous voulons des artistes propres, des artistes qui sont de bons modèles», a affirmé Kamarulzaman Mohamed, un officiel du parti islamique en Malaisie.

La chanteuse de 23 ans devait commencer sa tournée asiatique le 29 août à Kuala Lumpur. Mais dans une lettre adressée au ministre de la Culture et au maire de la ville la semaine dernière, Kamarulzaman a exigé l’annulation du concert de la Canadienne. «C’est trop sexy pour nous. Ce n’est pas bon pour les spectateurs en Malaisie», dit la missive. En attendant, aucun feu vert autorisant le concert n’a encore été lancé par les autorités.

En 2006, les Pussycats Dolls avaient écopé d’une amende de 2800 fr. lors d’un concert dans la capitale malaisienne pour avoir enfreint les règles de la décence. L’été dernier, la chanteuse Gwen Stefani avait confié avoir fait «un sacrifice énorme» en portant des vêtements plus sages que d’habitude. Quant à Beyoncé et Christina Aguilera, les deux divas ont évité le pays lors de leurs tournées respectives l’an passé.

Christophe Mettral

It basically says that Avril Lavigne is not welcomed in Malaysia because PAS thinks she's too sexy and young people will be influenced by her if she performs in KL. The PAS official was quoting saying something like how artists who are good models are only welcomed.

She was supposed to perform on 29 August in KL but a letter sent to the Minister of Culture and DBKL last week (the week before 18 August) objects to it and says that "she is too sexy for us. It is not good for M'sian audiences".

The article goes on to give a list of artists who had the same issue - Gwen Stefani, Christina Aguilera and Beyonce plus the Pussycat Dolls.

So...PAS is more worried about an indie singer who doesn't do drugs and has no criminal record (from what I can remember - I could be wrong) than all those rapists, wife beaters and gawd knows what else (perverts and such) walking out streets...OH, lets not forget our politicians too (they are hardly model citizens). =.=

well, they claimed that only those good model entertainer is welcome.. so how about msia own artist? i'm wondering anyone remember on of the award ceremony where our proud 'siti nurhaliza' is wearing sleeveless and short skirt?

so she still a good model and a 'datuk' as well?

How come they cannot accept it? They cannot accept that is not represent others cannot accept it as well. why they just sensitive to this sexy wear only??? This case just shown that their mind just full of sexy wear only. SHAME SHAME SHAME!

This is not the first time!! I forgot which artiste they banned a couple of yrs ago..Malays will be malays...

as1cCES002B0000MTExNDMwMnN8MDAwMTY0NHN8T

i think after the news been spread world wide now.... so far i know, there is around 9 countries that talk about this issues...

This is Malaysian Government today confirm on Plan A if so many complain then tomoro change to Plan B. Just like the road structuring spend billions of RM on building the road after it start used traffic no improve they start to dig n dig again & made the traffic even worse :blink:

Reminds me of children who can't make up their mind but in this case, know how to waste money like nobody's business. =.=

Heard that the S'ngor Sultan scolded the PAS president for being so narrow minded.

Come on.., Avril only wears T-Shirt and jeans, what's so sexy about it?

Anyway, did the show go on? Or Avril decided Msia is too much trouble to stop over?

Heard that the S'ngor Sultan scolded the PAS president for being so narrow minded.

Come on.., Avril only wears T-Shirt and jeans, what's so sexy about it?

Anyway, did the show go on? Or Avril decided Msia is too much trouble to stop over?

I feel the same too. I saw some of those Muslim wear less than that can just walk around at KLCC. Imagine what other will think??? I thought they suppose to cover all up! :o

Yes, not to mention those Muslims in night clubs and all. Even my HB and his friends remarked on it when we went out before/after the wedding dinner. =.=

they just want to make out the issue out of it... thats it.. just for fame so people know they are doing 'something' for the people.....