memories

where can find tasty Asam Laksa?

If you're in SS2 (Monday night market), try this guy that comes in a truck/van opposite the Maybank row of shop houses - you won't miss him; there is usually a super long queue. He's also at Chow Yang on Thursdays. We have had a few asam laksa scouting sessions (my parents and myself) and so far, his is still the best in terms of flavour and value for money. :)

thank you mei...I will look for this guy on coming monday pasar malam. is one van only isit? so that won't get confused with other vans/stalls

You can try 1U old wing, Marks' asam laksa (If I can recall correctly coz long time din go there)

Just right beside Jaya Jusco, cost about RM7.90 per bowl and it is very tasty. (Not sure price increase)

They sell other varieties of nyonya food too and taste good too.

yah the laksa @ ss2 pasar malam is really famous!! But I reckon there's another one as good, in SEA Park @ one of the coffee shop -> O&S Restaurant, the stall sells Curry Laksa & Asam Laksa, to me both are as good!! Oh yah... some did mention to me that outside sea park market, there's a stall that sells at afternoon is very good, but personally I have never tried that though i have been staying in seapark for more than 20 years now... why... nothing in particular just that I can't really take the eating environment :P

wantyng, jandann, caroline, and jean,

thanks for your reply..asam laksa my favorite..

i tried before mark asam laksa...

heard bout ss2..but donno where...now i hv some ideas :D

wantyng, jandann, caroline, and jean,

thanks for your reply..asam laksa my favorite..

i tried before mark asam laksa...

heard bout ss2..but donno where...now i hv some ideas :D

Okies. Good luck on your hunt! :)

You can try 1U old wing, Marks' asam laksa (If I can recall correctly coz long time din go there)

Just right beside Jaya Jusco, cost about RM7.90 per bowl and it is very tasty. (Not sure price increase)

They sell other varieties of nyonya food too and taste good too.

They have another branch in Jusco Mid Valley. Love it!

hi coffee,

there is one in cineleisure - ah cheng laksa... i love the asam laksa... yummy!! taste same as penang asam laksa... cos i'm penangite...:)

u can read this blog: http://fantausy.blog.youthmalaysia.com/blo...nNBRFhvdXVLVQ==

enjoy the laksa ya:)

I like Ah Cheng's too! But I only had at the one at Summit USJ. I rarely go there, but I went there a few times, just for the asam laksa. :lol:

my fav asam laksa gotta be the seapark market one.. u wont eat other asam laksa once u hv tried that! believe me coz im an asam laksa lover too.. i normally wont eat at dirty environment places, but this one exceptional, u really gotta try.. the seller is driving a van.. thinking of it makes me wanna eat again!!!

Sie, I know that Seapark assam laksa. It's good but... it's located at the sidewalk of the wet market leh. While eating your laksa, you also get whiffs of slaughtered chicken, pork and whatsnot. It gets bad if there's a downwind...pheuwww...

I'm with Peipei...we never tried that asam laksa stall because of the conditions around the stall - unhygienic and stuff. I live near Seapark and all the stuff that goes into the drains and the area around the market? Eeeek! I just stick to the SS2 fella coz so far, no complaints! :)

Seapark and SS2 ok only, i had tried before.

Marks' asam laksa tastier , something like you can get from Penang.

So original!...

yum! yum!

Anyone after trying Marks' asam laksa restaurant, let me know which one better.

Sie, I know that Seapark assam laksa. It's good but... it's located at the sidewalk of the wet market leh. While eating your laksa, you also get whiffs of slaughtered chicken, pork and whatsnot. It gets bad if there's a downwind...pheuwww...

hahaha.. u're right.. the place is indeed aweful, after u described it, i feel like vomitting now.. but leh, its really good wor.. perhaps v could ta pao coz so far (touch wood) nothing happens to me after eating it.. :D :P :lol:

thank you mei...I will look for this guy on coming monday pasar malam. is one van only isit? so that won't get confused with other vans/stalls

memories,

I'm not sure whether am I talking abt the same van that meiteoh mentioned... cos I normally go for the Chow Yang pasar malam to buy from him.... this guy do actually give out numbering to those ppl waiting in queue... so when u reach to his van, u get ur number card & wait in the queue... the lady assistant will calls for the number, then u place ur order & he will do it straight for you...

hope it helps :)

hi coffee,

there is one in cineleisure - ah cheng laksa... i love the asam laksa... yummy!! taste same as penang asam laksa... cos i'm penangite...:)

u can read this blog: http://fantausy.blog.youthmalaysia.com/blo...nNBRFhvdXVLVQ==

enjoy the laksa ya:)

I like Ah Cheng's too! But I only had at the one at Summit USJ. I rarely go there, but I went there a few times, just for the asam laksa. :lol:

if am not mistaken, there is no more Ah Cheng's Laksa at Summit USJ. Now they have moved to Cineleisure Damansara. I think it's not as tasty as it used to be now. Plus it's more expensive now as compared to when it's in Summit USJ.

i think thats the one they talking about....

i miss that laksa..... just regret i miss the thursday market..

i remember one of the place with nice laksa... its near kelana jaya lrt station.... its on the way to taman bahagia station where its at the back of the shop.. lots of mamak and a stall of nice congee.... very good...

Hey girls,

Just to let you know that the uncle with the van that sells in SS2 and Chow Yang also sells at SS3 on Tuesdays! His assam laksa is delicious!! I am missing it already..

as1cCES002B0000MTExNDMwMnN8MDAwMTY0NHN8T

there is tasty asam laksa at selayang jaya food stall & kepong baru pasar too.....

i love asam laksa so much,, but my HB not even taste a spoon...

maybe its becoz of the sour taste of it. normally guy dont like it and i also found out that most east malaysia people also dont like it. and my fh told me that they hardly found those assam laksa in east malaysia... is it true?