Sign in to follow this  
crasygal

E-FD

hi all,

I would like to ask did any one of u do the e-fd (online Fixed Deposit) before...?? I wish to put some savings into FD but I have no time to go to bank to line up just for the FD... I found out now most of the bank have the e-FD services... I call up the bank they said it is save to do that... but I still worried after I did it there have no record for my FD and my savings will gone...

so I would like to ask did any one here did did the e-fd before...?? is it safe to do it...??

thank...

Hi,

i put my saving in e-FD early of this year. I think it's safe, although i havent withdraw it before. As long as you keep the reference number generated upon your registration then i think should b no problem. Btw, a statement will send to you home address, if not mistaken, everymonth to keep track of your interest earned.

As u said, e-FD is more convenient. Can add/withdraw anytime without queueing up in bank.

ilex,

do u mind to let me know which bank u bind with...?? coz I called RHB bank they said they wouldn't have the hard copy statement anymore... and we have to print out the 'statement' after we do the e-FD but scare that is not efficient coz I've ask few customer service (for other purpose) different ppl give me different instruction.. so I'm kind a worried...

any how thank for the information...

I tried CIMB e-FD before, very easy and convenient. At the end of the transaction u can print out the statement, or for me, i save it in PDF format. In addition, CIMB also mail to my house an FD statement for my e-FD transaction. So i think their service quite good so far :)

i do have e FD too ever since theyfirst launch it. i converted it to paperless....its much convenient than the normal fd as i dont have to go to bank to make one n i can withdraw the fd with just a click on the internet...also no need go to bank...ez ez...

Ya...act mine also same. i do it online under cimb bank and they post the statement to my house.for me, i was feel that this way is very convenient for those like us. dont like to waste the time go to bank :P

Mine is CIMB...very convenient, if not mistaken according to my colig, the interest rate is the highest among all banks...

you need to print the 1st statement which contains your e-FD reference number once u place for a e-FD, then subsequently...they will send u statement to you mailing address.

ilex,

do u mind to let me know which bank u bind with...?? coz I called RHB bank they said they wouldn't have the hard copy statement anymore... and we have to print out the 'statement' after we do the e-FD but scare that is not efficient coz I've ask few customer service (for other purpose) different ppl give me different instruction.. so I'm kind a worried...

any how thank for the information...

Got this from CIMB website on their e-FD as at today (28 Aug 08):

Minimum initial deposit of RM5,000 for 1 month. Minimum initial deposit of RM1,000 for 2 months and above

1 month is 3.15%,

2 months 3.25%,

3 months 3.3%, 4 months 3.3%,

5 months 3.3%,

6 months 3.4%,

7 months 3.4%,

8 months 3.4%,

9 months 3.5%,

10 months 3.5%,

11 months 3.5%,

12 months 3.7%,..... and it goes up to 60 months at 4.2%.

For more than 12 months, pls check the listing on their website or contact the bank.

However, to be sure on the rates, its best u check the latest rate from their website or directly from bank to make sure ya :)

wat's the interest rate for e-FD? is it same as conventional FD?

wow seems like lot of ppl have e-FD and most of u is bind with CIMB bank... if is like that I have to line up there for the FD as I didn't have account there.. :( but all of u bind with CIMB.. duno bout RHB bank save or not.. :(

any how thank for the info...