Hi gals,

Wish u gals can help me out. I saw most of the thread is about ROM in KL, but i need to know about ROM in Penang. The onli place i know is the government ofis in town. But dey onli hv the ceremony on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 9-11 am. I just wondering, besides the government ofis, where else i can hv ROM in Penang? since me and my FH is not from Penang, can v go to any "Hui Guan" to hv the ROM? <_< also r what criteria for ROM at those "Hui Guan"?

Really appreciate for the helps. :)

Hi gals,

Wish u gals can help me out. I saw most of the thread is about ROM in KL, but i need to know about ROM in Penang. The onli place i know is the government ofis in town. But dey onli hv the ceremony on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 9-11 am. I just wondering, besides the government ofis, where else i can hv ROM in Penang? since me and my FH is not from Penang, can v go to any "Hui Guan" to hv the ROM? <_< also r what criteria for ROM at those "Hui Guan"?

Really appreciate for the helps. :)

hi sharon,

I am Sunny from Penang.

I can suggest you to go "Zhi Yun Ge" or Hokkien call "Tek Kha Hui" which location near Penang Ride Horse there.

I also registered there. If not mistaken, it only do for Saturday and Sunday. of course they will do for special day like 6/6/06.. maybe next year they will have another 07/07/07 :)

I dont have their contact. if you are penang lang, sure you will know where i am talking about, if not, just PM me your contact, i will show you the way.. ;)

and Congratulation....

Thanks Sunny. :D I think i know which place u r talking about. Will try to drop by and get all the infor that i need then. Really appreciate ur help.

Thanks Sunny. :D I think i know which place u r talking about. Will try to drop by and get all the infor that i need then. Really appreciate ur help.

sharon,

when is ur date of ROM ?

As I understand the procedure :

1. you have to bring your bf/future hubby's IC photostate to Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara for verification, and then get the form for ROM.

2. arrange the wanted date with the "zhi yun ge", see which date is available for you. Some people did choose for the ngam ngam date.

3. look for a someone can give you & ur bf/future hubby for sumpah.

4. return the form of sumpah and the orginal form of ROM back to "zhi yun ge" and wait for the date to come... :)

this is the procedure that i still remember :)

just keep in mind, try to get all the arrangement in proper about 1 month b4 the ROM.

:)

OIC... i plan to hv ROM in August lah. Dunno whether still manage to do it or not? :mellow:

can u give me the contact number of "zhi yun ge"? coz thought of give them a call and check everything before i go there lah. :P

Thanks for ur help.

OIC... i plan to hv ROM in August lah. Dunno whether still manage to do it or not? :mellow:

can u give me the contact number of "zhi yun ge"? coz thought of give them a call and check everything before i go there lah. :P

Thanks for ur help.

Let me check it out.. :)

hopefully i can give u the answer later la.. :)

hehe...

so, ngam my wife's friend also going to register over there soon haha.. ;)

Hi Sharon,

Did u manage to contact the Che Hoon Khor Moral Uplifting?

My plan to have my ROM at there too..But when i wan to register the date with them, they said thati am too early.. :P

My ROM will be on OCT, so they recomend me to come again 2 month b4 the wddding date :P :P :P

Anyway, can anyone let me know how much do i need to pay for a ROM in Che Hoon Khor Moral Uplifting? I had read some of post on KL ROM and the price is different from one to another place.. :ph34r:

Hi Sharon,

Did u manage to contact the Che Hoon Khor Moral Uplifting?

My plan to have my ROM at there too..But when i wan to register the date with them, they said thati am too early.. :P

My ROM will be on OCT, so they recomend me to come again 2 month b4 the wddding date :P :P :P

Anyway, can anyone let me know how much do i need to pay for a ROM in Che Hoon Khor Moral Uplifting? I had read some of post on KL ROM and the price is different from one to another place.. :ph34r:

joavan22,

Actually you no need to pay anything to them. They will process to you FOC.

Just u need to pay RM10 to Government, and few ringgit to the sumpah.

But the end of ROM, they will asking you to donate some money into their fund. Can be 10, 20, 50, 100 is up to your self.

Hope it can help. B)

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your info..

Yeap, it really help much...At least i prepared the money before i went to the moral uplifting there...

Do u know what time does the ceremony conduct?? I heard some of it will be afternoon..Can we choose the time or they will arrange for us... :D

i plan to do ROM at zhi yun ge or tek ka hui. i was ask to go commisioner of oath(COA) to swear before submission of the marriage registration form. may i know which COA i should go ? i dont think i can make it for the gov 1 because i work during weekeday. prefer saturday, any recommendation??

i went to this commisioner at pulau tikus. the office is inside the photo shop. very nice and friendly lady.

which photoshop? u went during weekend? do u have their contact number?

what to bring when go to see the commisioner of Oath? what documents? and do i need to go together with my FH?

i plan to go to the penang chinese hall 9th floor commisioner of oath. any suggestion on which commisioner of oath i can go during friday nite or weeken??

appreciate reply.

have u taken the marriage form from IC dept? you can take the form and fill in with the help of comissioner, if you are not sure what to write in the columns.

together you need to bring:

1. photostate copy of your IC, birth cert and ur saksi (ur dad)

2. photostate copy of your fh IC, birth cert and his saksi (his dad)

3. a passport size photo of you

4. a passport size photo of your fh

and yes, your fh must be present cuz you will need to sign the form in front of the commisioner. cannot sign at home. otherwise the form not valid anymore.

i took the form from the IC dept dy.

my FH already filled up his part on the form...i think he migh signed it already......sigh...

i not yet fill up mine part.

is it really not valid anymore ar the form. haiz, so troublesome one ...

the commisioner has to be the witness for the signing part. i'm not so sure if the commisioner is lenient or not. better dont waste the time to go, only to find out the form cannot use anymore.

hmm...if like tht case tonight i go back check whether he signed already, if yes, tomorrow hav to go take a new form dy.

yumiko, thank u very much.

yumiko,

do u hav the contact number for the commisioner of oath u went?? i would like to call them up. thanks!!!

how long does it take to complete the sumpah process at the commisioner of oath?

sorry, i dont have. when do you need it? see if i got pass by tis weekend, maybe can go down and get it for you.

it's just ard 10mins or less. she'll check your form and to match the details on your certs. then read you a line or two of the rules and then you sign. after tat, you pay and off you go. it's that easy.

Anyone know where the place of ROM in Penang available during weekdays?

Hi,

I am also looking for ROM arrangement in penang. Does anyone know who does such arrangements? I wish to have the registrar to come to the ceremony location. My wedding day is Sunday.Do you think they will come?