ltt

Church Wedding

Hi,

Just wondering, is there any church in KL that will do church ceremony for a couple of believer and non-believer? I understand that most churches will demand the couple to be christians, and they gotta attend a pre-marital conference before the wedding.

Many thanks!

Ltt

Hi,

Just wondering, is there any church in KL that will do church ceremony for a couple of believer and non-believer? I understand that most churches will demand the couple to be christians, and they gotta attend a pre-marital conference before the wedding.

Many thanks!

Ltt

Hi ltt, i am a Catholic and my partner is a Buddhist. We are able to arrange our wedding in church. The pre-requirement is we MUST attend the pre-marriage course.

Hi,

Many thanks!

Ltt

Hi ltt, i am a Catholic and my partner is a Buddhist. We are able to arrange our wedding in church. The pre-requirement is we MUST attend the pre-marriage course.

Dear Newbie,

Many thanks for your reply. I am a protestant but my fiance is a non-believer. Is it still possible for me to have my wedding in the catholic church? What is the duration of the course? He is currently working and living in overseas. Not too sure whether it is possible for him to attend that. Please advise.

Thanks again!

TT

Hi,

Many thanks!

Ltt

Dear Newbie,

Many thanks for your reply. I am a protestant but my fiance is a non-believer. Is it still possible for me to have my wedding in the catholic church? What is the duration of the course? He is currently working and living in overseas. Not too sure whether it is possible for him to attend that. Please advise.

Thanks again!

TT

Hi TT,

To have a wedding in a Catholic Church at least one partner needs to be Catholic. This course is 2 days if not mistaken.

Hope this helps.

rgds,

Hi,

Many thanks!

Ltt

Definitely, need to be both Christians. pastor will reject to give blessings to the couple.

Piper ;)

Ltt,

Are you currently a member of a church? If you are, I suggest you either talk to your pastor or your church staff to see whether they can help. Different denominations and sometimes different churches will have different policies on this, but in many cases, churches will require

1) one or both partners to be Christian and/or

2) a member of their church and/or

3) a member of their denomination

Im a Catholic and my partner is a Buddhist... he remains as a buddhist but we had to go for a catholic marriage preparation course ~ which had help us alot .... and we are having our wedding in the church... ~ looking forward to it!!!! :P

hi Sunny kiss,

I'm Catholic too. I know about the marriage preparation course...but I was wondering if you can share with me what it's all about.

Should I be prepared in some way? My HTB is a very newly baptised Catholic and I was wondering is there's anything I should let him know about the course.

Thanks

Hi linglim..

u just have to go with the flow.. don't have to prepare anything.. just communicate, be honest to each other.. my fh and i just went through CMPC 2mths back.. its was an experience to us and it made us understand each other much much better.. :)

A Chinese couple whose wedding photos outside a mountain seminary chapel were cut short by the Sichuan earthquake say that the experience has drawn them closer.

-----------------------

Sally

drivenwide

hi everyone,i'm a catholic,my FH is a protestant.However,he doesn't practise any of his church teachings nor go to his church anymore.We had an agreement to have it in my church since he doesn't want to hold the wedding in his. I would like to ask if there is any time limit in getting married in church after ROM?Also,what bout the marriage course? is it only 2 days?Can you guys share what will we be expecting from it?We plan to register then marry like 1 year later.Can the church allow that??? Thank you.

hi everyone,i'm a catholic,my FH is a protestant.However,he doesn't practise any of his church teachings nor go to his church anymore.We had an agreement to have it in my church since he doesn't want to hold the wedding in his. I would like to ask if there is any time limit in getting married in church after ROM?Also,what bout the marriage course? is it only 2 days?Can you guys share what will we be expecting from it?We plan to register then marry like 1 year later.Can the church allow that??? Thank you.

Hi, pls go to the parish office & ask the church that u have chosen for your wedding. The marriange course is call CMPC which can be 2 days course or 6 weeks course. Upon registration for your course, u need to prepare your baptise cert if the parish officer do not know u well.

Different catholic church has different policy. For my case, I had my CMPC in Assumption on Feb, ROM on May & wedding on Sept.

Hi insideurheaven,

Yeah, I agree with xiaomaomi. You should go and check with your church's parish office. Different church have different policies. As for my cathedral in Kuching, our pre-marriage course will take about 8 - 10 days and we can have our ROM as on our AD in church.

Cheers! :wink:

I also hope can have church wedding.....

But i'm not the actual christian.... But my dad yes.... But i think he never go to church >15yrs ......

Is it possible for me to have church wedding in this case???

I also hope can have church wedding.....

But i'm not the actual christian.... But my dad yes.... But i think he never go to church >15yrs ......

Is it possible for me to have church wedding in this case???

misy,

Are you baptized? I think for your case, you better check with your church's parish office. For my case, me and FH did not go to church for almost 1 year. Recently we went back to church for almost 2 months now and going to prepare our pre-marriage course in this coming February. Btw, both of us are baptized.

juanil,

No, I'm not......

Sometime i really wonder why must be baptized only can have church wedding?

Only baptised Catholics are allowed to be married in the Church. Because the couple will take one of the 7 Sacraments that is Sacrament Of Matrimony that is very sacred and significant. Same as only baptised Catholics can have communion. Even those who are not attending Mass for a long time also cannot receive communion.

We had the Engaged Encounter in College General, Penang for 3 days. Different Churches have diferent practise.

misy,

What faithyng mentioned above is very true. For us Catholic, only baptized then can have a Wedding Mass which for us is very grand and blessed. For those who are not baptized and those who are pregnant before married, they can only have Wedding Blessings instead of Wedding Mass.

Hope my info does help.

hi guys,what if im a catholic and my FH is not.the priest would only do a wedding service and not a mass right/

Yes. Only Blessings will be held in that case but if I'm not mistaken, you and your FH need to attend the Pre-Marriage course as well.

Hope my info helps.

hi guys,what if im a catholic and my FH is not.the priest would only do a wedding service and not a mass right/

Yes. Only Blessings will be held in that case but if I'm not mistaken, you and your FH need to attend the Pre-Marriage course as well.

Hope my info helps.

which mean still can have the ceremony lo?? :wub:

Hope my info helps.

which mean still can have the ceremony lo?? :wub:

misy,

As far as I concern, yes. Try to check with your parish office to reconfirm.

oh ok...thanks guys.i'll be meeting my priest this friday for consultation.we'll see what he'll say.

Can't wait to hear your good news!