peipei

Confinement Lady (Pui Yuet)

Anyone knows a good confinement lady? One who can cooks a variety of dishes and is good at taking care of new born babies. Preferably not too old and in her 50s. My due date is mid-August this year and I stay in PJ. Sigh..a good confinement lady is like a good MUA or PG, all the good ones are booked liao. Please recommend if you know one. Thanks.

Hi,

I have a neighbour who is a very experience confinement lady..But i dunno if she's up to ur expectation as I have no experience with her....She's in her 40s...She stays in Ipoh but she travels everywhere including Singapore for her service...Just that i dunno how u r going to evaluate her since u r staying in PJ....u can PM me if u want her contacts...I have to call back home in Ipoh to get u the contact from my aunty if u really want...Just tot of sharing the info with u since i saw ur post here in MB :)

Hi Pei Pei,

PM me if you want the confinement lady I had. I like her cooking.. and she does travel around. LEt me know if you want her number ya!

Anyone knows a good confinement lady? One who can cooks a variety of dishes and is good at taking care of new born babies. Preferably not too old and in her 50s. My due date is mid-August this year and I stay in PJ. Sigh..a good confinement lady is like a good MUA or PG, all the good ones are booked liao. Please recommend if you know one. Thanks.

I am looking for a confinement lady too, me due on 20 Sept'07. I Will have my maternity mth at JB.

Initially have contacted one already but havent pay deposit since she was staying at client house and not convenience to go out. She asked me to call her back after few weeks and I called but she said already have another client :( :angry: so sad to hear that. Wasting my time to wait for her.....

Hi,

I am looking for confinement lady as well in Klang Valley. My Due date is on 23 Sept 07. Any good recommendation of CL that can cook and take care the baby? Or else, any recommendation on the outsource of confinement food? Worst come to worst if can't find a good CL, then my mom in law might help to take care the baby and I will take up the outsource food package in order to reduce her burden. Please do not recommend Peiling as I have check up their package - very very expensive! Thanks a lot. I can be contacted via email at ernteoh@gmail.com

hey...all mother to be.....

I saw an advertisement in magazine & know abt this confinement services at ss2, pj...

dunno whether it is good not...........but i think u guys can go there & do ur survey 1st....

http://www.peiling.com.my

hope it can solve some of urs problem....

I heard my hubby friend said peiling ther very expensive.... if stay ther for a Confinement and ther will take care of u & baby for a mth... cost ard. RM7-8K.... not include the food yet.... very super expensive....

Yes, I have check with Peiling, very very expensive confinement package. That's why I have stated that no need to intro Peiling as I have their package price. Just looking for others alternative. Please recommend if you have someone can cook confinement food. I might outsource the meal to them and my mom in law will take care the baby. Thanks.

Mom to be,,

You can try calling both of these confinement lady. Mui Jie was proven to be GOOD as both of my friends (picky friends) adored her. Unfortunately, she was already booked for October. Therefore, I am getting my confinement lady from Mui Jie's si-fu, ying Jie from Seri Kembangan. Both of them are hakka, but they do speak Cantonese.

Their contacts are..

mui jie - 0126921211

Ying jie - 89426264

hi all, I just delivered my baby 3 mths ago. The confinement lady I hired is very good. Her age is around 50+ , she is very good in cooking. She cooked averagely 3 dishes for me every day for every meal. She is not that calculative person. Before I hire her, I did contact few confinement lady, normally all only cook for mother, and do everything for mother and baby. If u want confinement lady to cook and wash your hubby's clothes, must add money.

But this aunty I told her, nobody cook and wash for my hubby, then she did all for my hubby without adding money.

And she is hardworking too. Normally confinement lady will clean the kitchen only after they cook. but this aubty clean the whole hse for me EVERYDAY! FYI, I was breast feeding my baby during confinement. AUnty wunt wasttin time, she will go and wash the diapers when I breast feed my baby during midnite.

My hubby fetched her to my hse one nite b4 I discharged from hosp. When she reached my hse, she checked all the things in my hse. This is my 1st baby, so alotsa things also I duno and I also duno about the chinese pantang larang. So, after she cheking all the thing, the things that I didn't buy, she asked my hubby to bring her out to buy all the needed things. She even brought her own special pot haha....

The last day when she was here, she cut one box of the ginger foe me, garlic one box, and clear the chicken and cut all for me (just bought from market). She said she prepared all so that I can use it when needed.

The most important thing is the price also reasonable.My hubby and I also very appreciated her so we gave her additional angpao of RM300.

In conclusion, she is very gud la. I am very lucky that I hired her.

Dun misunderstand, she got no re/ship with me ;p and I wunt get any commission from her . Just that I know wanna find a good confinement lady really difficult, so I just wanna help :)

If anyone of u interested, can PM me, I can give the contact no. to you.

Hi, I'm very interested to get your recommendation of your CL. Can please provide her contact to me? My due date is this Sep07. Therefore desperate in need of a good CL. Thanks in advance. atan2007.

hi all, I just delivered my baby 3 mths ago. The confinement lady I hired is very good. Her age is around 50+ , she is very good in cooking. She cooked averagely 3 dishes for me every day for every meal. She is not that calculative person. Before I hire her, I did contact few confinement lady, normally all only cook for mother, and do everything for mother and baby. If u want confinement lady to cook and wash your hubby's clothes, must add money.

But this aunty I told her, nobody cook and wash for my hubby, then she did all for my hubby without adding money.

And she is hardworking too. Normally confinement lady will clean the kitchen only after they cook. but this aubty clean the whole hse for me EVERYDAY! FYI, I was breast feeding my baby during confinement. AUnty wunt wasttin time, she will go and wash the diapers when I breast feed my baby during midnite.

My hubby fetched her to my hse one nite b4 I discharged from hosp. When she reached my hse, she checked all the things in my hse. This is my 1st baby, so alotsa things also I duno and I also duno about the chinese pantang larang. So, after she cheking all the thing, the things that I didn't buy, she asked my hubby to bring her out to buy all the needed things. She even brought her own special pot haha....

The last day when she was here, she cut one box of the ginger foe me, garlic one box, and clear the chicken and cut all for me (just bought from market). She said she prepared all so that I can use it when needed.

The most important thing is the price also reasonable.My hubby and I also very appreciated her so we gave her additional angpao of RM300.

Dun misunderstand, she got no re/ship with me ;p and I wunt get any commission from her . Just that I know wanna find a good confinement lady really difficult, so I just wanna help :)

Hi,

I have a neighbour who is a very experience confinement lady..But i dunno if she's up to ur expectation as I have no experience with her....She's in her 40s...She stays in Ipoh but she travels everywhere including Singapore for her service...Just that i dunno how u r going to evaluate her since u r staying in PJ....u can PM me if u want her contacts...I have to call back home in Ipoh to get u the contact from my aunty if u really want...Just tot of sharing the info with u since i saw ur post here in MB :)

PM to me pls..

thanks..

peiniehappy@yahoo.com.sg

this antie sounds good oo..

pls PM me her contact..thanks

peiniehappy@yahoo.com.sg

Wow! Is good to here about this piece of good news. I am currently looking for a good confinement lady. Can I have the contact of the confinement lady you mentioned above. Thanks in advance.

Congratulations Newmama :) .

Welcome to the motherhood!

the contact number for the confinement lady I already PM to u.

Hope she is still available , good luck :) !

Dear Shmily:

Can you provide me the contact number for this confinement lady?

Thank you very very much.

My email address is: thongcc@yahoo.com

hi thongcc,

the confinement lady's contact number already send to your email.

Hope she still available la.

Good luck! :)

Dear Shmily:

Can you provide me the contact number for this confinement lady?

Thank you very very much.

My email address is: thongcc@yahoo.com

Hi shmily1314, evelynn and sim,

Can email me the contact no. of the confinement lady u've recommended? I will be due in Nov, ord found one but she juz hurt her arm so I hav to look for a new one now. Quite nervous coz its getting closer to the due date. Hope to hear from u gals soon!

My email add: nooyeemol@hotmail.com

Hi Queen.

the contact emailed to u.

Dun be so tension, sure can get one.

tell u something, b4 I hired this one, I actually hired another one also.

I paid her RM400 deposit at 1st, then after a wk, she called me up asked me to bank in another RM600 into her bank acc. she told me she got financial problem wor. thinking since she is my fren's aunty(but actually they are not really close), so I decided to bank in for her.

then 3 wks b4 my EDD she asked me to bank in another RM1000 for her , if i bank in again , it will be like paying almost full amt b4 she start doing the job d!

and that time i started to suspect her d, so many times financial prob i scared she owe money to the "tai yee long" and scared they will come to my hse to chase her the money.

and also i started worry that whether she can do a gud job when she go tfinancial prob.

and so I set her. Later I get to know she is the kaki judi.

I was very tension too cos only have 3 wks left.

I started to look for all my frens and colleagues see whether they know any gud ones(that time i still duno about MB).

and luckily I found this confinement lady in one wk time and so lucky she did not dissapoint me, she did a really gud job.

So, u must think positive, and u better than me d, u know about MB, can get info fr MB, and u still have so many mths to go.

sure can get one.

Anyway gud luck to u and welcome to parenthood :)

Hi all,

May i know wat is the average market price for the CL? This charges is it included the meal tat she cook for us? Or js labour charges and we hv to prepare wat is needed by our own?

guess the mkt price is abt RM2500-RM3000 qua...also depends on how popular & famous is the CL. the price should include taking care of you, the baby, wash bb & ur clothes, cook for u, some not so calculative CL won't mind to cook for hb but some might ask for extra charges, some CL will do basic house chores, some don't.

i was told, there's 2 types of CL thesedays, if u can afford to pay more, then it's gonna be chinese CL who has experience. otherwise, willl be Indon CL who was trained to cook confinement food & tk care bb. usually, Indon CL is abt RM 1600-2000. usually, can hire Indon CL thru agency.

My CL charges is RM2,600 & I delivered my baby on 7th day of CNY 2007. I think the charges considered quite cheap coz my confinement fall under CNY, I did check with Pei Ling, they even ask for RM4000++ if delivered during day 1 to day 10 of CNY. My CL is my dad's friend & she agreed the $ earlier when I booked her in 2006. But I not really satisfied with her service so do not want to recommend.

Basically what my CL do for me is cook (for me, husband & herself), take care bb (day & night) but i will take care myself daytime when she is cooking or busy, wash cloth (Baby & myself), cook herbs water (for me to take bath & baby)

When i booked her, she said she will help for some house chores (sweep/mop floor) but in actual fact, she didn't, even i sweep the floor myself also she didn't offer to help (this is why i not satisfied). Actually is depend on the CL herself, if she not calculative then she will help for house chores (1 of my friend even got a CL who sweep/mop floor for her everyday & keep on asking my friend to rest & lay down, don't move so much), I'm so regret that i didn't take her CL during my confinement.

Baby jay,

The charges you pay to CL is only their service charges not including any other things. You have to buy everything you need during confinement yourself & also buy her 3 meals for whole month. Some of them even will ask for angpao (when start work "hoi kong lai si" & last day "sou kong lai si"). Another thing is the $ you pay is not exactly for 1 mth (30/31 days), according to my CL, this is their law, the CL will start work when you discharge from hospital then their last day is your baby fullmoon day (for my case, i delivered 24/2 & stayed in hospital for 3 nite, so my CL started work on 27/2 & last day she work for me is 24/3), so # of days their work is about 27 - 28 days.

From my CL's conversation (through h/p) with her friend (also confinement lady), from 2007 onwards they increase their charges to RM2800 & some even ask for RM3000. For those family who have maid, then will reduce RM100 or RM200 & the CL only cook & take care baby.

Hope the info help. :)