peipei

Confinement Lady (Pui Yuet)

Hi Steph,

Congratulations first of all. :) Was just wondering if you have found a CL as of now?

I just delivered my little girl abt 2 weeks ago. My confinement lady is very nice. Initially we were worried also after reading all the postings here. So I asked her to sleep with me and the baby in a smaller room. She sleeps on the floor. Now that already 2 weeks, my baby is healthy and sleep so soundly when the CL hold her to sleep.

Food wise, probably for me, I dont like chinese herbs and wines... for the 1st week, I got no choice but to swallow everything she cooked as is for my own good. 2nd week onwards, I can tell her what I like and dislike, then she will change accordingly. But still, as you know during confinement month, a lot of things we cant take. But still acceptable, like I can eat pork curry on the 9th day of my confinement. Haha...

Anyway, do let me know if you havent find anyone. :)

Elly

Hi,

Can you pm me the contact no. of your confinement lady / email me at venicechew@yahoo.com ?? MY EDD is on 8/1/09. And how much did you pay for her in overall?? Tried to look around already but seems can't find any good one. Really appreciate ur help.

TQ ya...

Hi Everyone,

Anyone has tried SN Nanny (Sri Petaling) services before? And Pei LIng?? I'm considering this 2 agency as my EDD is on early Jan. Most of the confinement lady are full on that time / dun want to work on CNY. Sigh.. Having big headache now. FYI, my mum is suppose to help me on my confinement but lately I realised her knee has problems. Afraid she will be very SAN FU to take k of my bb and me during the confinement.

I also tot of getting a maid (1 month) to help out like my friend and I'll do the rest except cooking. But some ppl say during confinement I shouldn't be doing anything except taking rest. Any advice????

enialechin and someday,

u have got my email.

tazdevilct, karen78, Nivek, allisonwoo and lim6908, I've PMed all of you.

Very very sorry for the late reply. It has been more than 3 mths I never online d cos I was in my hometown for 3 mths. There is no internet connection there. Hope u girls still get the CL I recommend la.

Hi shmily1314,

Can you please PM me your CL's contact number. Thank you very much.

Dear All,

Anyone has contact for daytime CL ie to work from 8am to 6pm? My cousin is looking for one since she has a maid and my aunty will help her to take care of the baby at nite. My cousin is staying in Cheras.

Thanks yeah :D

Hi CherYee,

When is the EDD of your cousin? Which area of Cheras is your cousin staying?

Hi ,

Pls pm me if u need any confinement lady contact. My mom know some lady n some is my sis / relative confinement lady.

Some are from agency & some is freelance.But stil need to check with my mom.

Juz want to help out here..

Hai dreamz,can you please email me at cass_cp@yahoo.com those contact numbers...thanks a lot!

I had my confinement in June/July 2008, I engaged a confinement lady during my confinement. She is in her Mid 50's, she is patience and clean. Her cooking is ok for me, so far I am satisfied with her services, anyone interested I can refer her to you. However, as far as I know she has been reserved till end of this year and will take a month or two off for CNY.

Hai maesy,

Can i have the contact number of your CL? Thanks a lot....

hi all, I just delivered my baby 3 mths ago. The confinement lady I hired is very good. Her age is around 50+ , she is very good in cooking. She cooked averagely 3 dishes for me every day for every meal. She is not that calculative person. Before I hire her, I did contact few confinement lady, normally all only cook for mother, and do everything for mother and baby. If u want confinement lady to cook and wash your hubby's clothes, must add money.

But this aunty I told her, nobody cook and wash for my hubby, then she did all for my hubby without adding money.

And she is hardworking too. Normally confinement lady will clean the kitchen only after they cook. but this aubty clean the whole hse for me EVERYDAY! FYI, I was breast feeding my baby during confinement. AUnty wunt wasttin time, she will go and wash the diapers when I breast feed my baby during midnite.

My hubby fetched her to my hse one nite b4 I discharged from hosp. When she reached my hse, she checked all the things in my hse. This is my 1st baby, so alotsa things also I duno and I also duno about the chinese pantang larang. So, after she cheking all the thing, the things that I didn't buy, she asked my hubby to bring her out to buy all the needed things. She even brought her own special pot haha....

The last day when she was here, she cut one box of the ginger foe me, garlic one box, and clear the chicken and cut all for me (just bought from market). She said she prepared all so that I can use it when needed.

The most important thing is the price also reasonable.My hubby and I also very appreciated her so we gave her additional angpao of RM300.

In conclusion, she is very gud la. I am very lucky that I hired her.

Dun misunderstand, she got no re/ship with me ;p and I wunt get any commission from her . Just that I know wanna find a good confinement lady really difficult, so I just wanna help :)

If anyone of u interested, can PM me, I can give the contact no. to you.

hihi shmily,

Can you please pm me your CL's contact number? thanks a lot...

hi all, I just delivered my baby 3 mths ago. The confinement lady I hired is very good. Her age is around 50+ , she is very good in cooking. She cooked averagely 3 dishes for me every day for every meal. She is not that calculative person. Before I hire her, I did contact few confinement lady, normally all only cook for mother, and do everything for mother and baby. If u want confinement lady to cook and wash your hubby's clothes, must add money.

But this aunty I told her, nobody cook and wash for my hubby, then she did all for my hubby without adding money.

And she is hardworking too. Normally confinement lady will clean the kitchen only after they cook. but this aubty clean the whole hse for me EVERYDAY! FYI, I was breast feeding my baby during confinement. AUnty wunt wasttin time, she will go and wash the diapers when I breast feed my baby during midnite.

My hubby fetched her to my hse one nite b4 I discharged from hosp. When she reached my hse, she checked all the things in my hse. This is my 1st baby, so alotsa things also I duno and I also duno about the chinese pantang larang. So, after she cheking all the thing, the things that I didn't buy, she asked my hubby to bring her out to buy all the needed things. She even brought her own special pot haha....

The last day when she was here, she cut one box of the ginger foe me, garlic one box, and clear the chicken and cut all for me (just bought from market). She said she prepared all so that I can use it when needed.

The most important thing is the price also reasonable.My hubby and I also very appreciated her so we gave her additional angpao of RM300.

Dun misunderstand, she got no re/ship with me ;p and I wunt get any commission from her . Just that I know wanna find a good confinement lady really difficult, so I just wanna help :)

Hi shmily,

Can you please pm me your CL's contact number too? thanks a lot...

Hi, I wanna ask advise on the expectation on the confinement lady. I am doing confinement now, and my confinement lady can sit on sofa and on the TV herself watch few hours astro every afternoon. Im not sure others confinement lady. Please advise.

She is doing her job, taking care baby and cook for me, wash our clothes. Should i allow her to watch TV?

But i just want to know is her attitude accepted compare with others?

hi angelkel, i am doing confinement now too and i heard of many this kind of stories - confinement lady only willing to take care of u and baby and nothing else. i guess as long as she has done her job we cant complaint much, but if u know what else to do, e.g. 'pou' more for u, then u can order her to do if u find her watching TV for long hours is irritating.... u r the boss le, somemore we are paying so much for their service.... so try to fully use lor. (hope this doesnt sounds 'cruel' but u know what i mean)

my confinement lady is totally opposite. she is hardworking, even cook for my hubbY (with the excuse that she need to eat as well) but sentimental, easily cry and it affects me emotionally too. i also realized they tend to demand thinking we are 'wealthy'... they will ask hubby to buy this and that for her cookin but in fact its not that necessary. i think i kinda phobia of confinement lady already. i might get one confinement recipe book and ask my mum to help up if i am delivering the 2nd one. :blink:

I had my confinement in June/July 2008, I engaged a confinement lady during my confinement. She is in her Mid 50's, she is patience and clean. Her cooking is ok for me, so far I am satisfied with her services, anyone interested I can refer her to you. However, as far as I know she has been reserved till end of this year and will take a month or two off for CNY.

Hi maesy_11,

Would you mind give me your CL's contact? I'm looking CL for next year March.

Thanks.

hi angelkel, i am doing confinement now too and i heard of many this kind of stories - confinement lady only willing to take care of u and baby and nothing else. i guess as long as she has done her job we cant complaint much, but if u know what else to do, e.g. 'pou' more for u, then u can order her to do if u find her watching TV for long hours is irritating.... u r the boss le, somemore we are paying so much for their service.... so try to fully use lor. (hope this doesnt sounds 'cruel' but u know what i mean)

my confinement lady is totally opposite. she is hardworking, even cook for my hubbY (with the excuse that she need to eat as well) but sentimental, easily cry and it affects me emotionally too. i also realized they tend to demand thinking we are 'wealthy'... they will ask hubby to buy this and that for her cookin but in fact its not that necessary. i think i kinda phobia of confinement lady already. i might get one confinement recipe book and ask my mum to help up if i am delivering the 2nd one. :blink:

Thanks Cheerio. She did her job. Cook dinner my hubby and SIL also. Just that she not good in hygene and watch TV. I hv complaint to my hubby but we not dare to take any action coz we still need her to take care the baby. Nvm, my mother in law will come again to help me. My mother in law very particular in hygene.

Dear Shmily,

Could you please email me the confinement lady contact no.? My email is feitan3@yahoo.com. Furthermore, may i know how much the confinement lady charge you? Thank you very much SHmily.

Dear Shmily,

Thanks for the info. I've got your email and this contact in fact will be given to one of my close friend. Looking for a good & reliable CL makes her go crazy, I just want to give her a hand and hope can help her to reduce her worries. She is going to due soon. Anyhow, Thanks alot. :rolleyes::lol:

Hi,,, I just finisehd my confinement 2 months ago. Just to share with you some of my experiences. Hope these help to the newly mothers who're going for confinement soon.

http://mommyching.blogspot.com/2007/09/con...ent-tips-1.html

http://mommyching.blogspot.com/2007/09/con...ent-tips-2.html

http://mommyching.blogspot.com/2007/09/con...ent-tips-3.html

My confinement lady (Ying jie) was from Kuantan. She cooked very well but could be lazy and took advantage of my mom and me. For instance, in the day time, she told my mom that she didnt' sleep well at night and asked my mom to take care of the BB, while she went to the room to sleep. While at night, when bb cried and wanted to be bottled fed, she asked me to do while she went back to sleep. Terrible!! right! But, can't fully blame her as she's old (over 60s). So,, my advice is always to check on the confinement lady age before hiring. That was my ultimate mistake.

hi jajar..

what a coincident, my EDD is Apr 09 and the CL that i appointed is also Ying Jie from Pahang.. just wld like to confirm whether we have the same lady... did u find yours thru an agent (name Ying Jie) as well from Serdang?

thanks....

hi all,

just to share with u all regarding my CL...i just delivered my baby on June 2008

i found this CL through my mom's friend...she is cousin of my mom's frend..only 52 if not mistaken...she's from Taiping...she has more clients in Spore...

she's very good in taking care my bb...also very neat...after every meal she will mop the floor (whole house except bedroom coz its carpeted) and clean up my kitchen...

she will actually arrange my meal for the coming few days...remind my hubby what to buy...never waste...cut & pack those fish, meat, chicken etc nicely in a plastic bag for every meal...

she will also wash my hubby's clothing...cook dinner for him...

before she went back..she actually help me to change all my bedsheets...wash toilet and clean up my store :P

not like other CL...she dint watch TV drama series....only watch half an hour news with me :rolleyes:

not choosy in food...whatever left over last nite will be her lunch next day

b4 she left, she told me the recipe to cook the 'or chor teh', herbal soup etc...cut the ginger & keep in container for me...same as those left over fish & meats...

what i can say is she is really efficient & nice person...

anyone interested can PM me for her contact

definitely no commission from her...

just to share...coz previously i've been contact few CL which is very calculative and some even quite rude...finally i get her just 2 mths b4 i deliver...

Hi Caroline,

Just a note. Becareful of a confinement lady in Seremban named "Alice" or "sister chan" (in chinese) . My mum in law booked her for my confinement when I was 4 months pregnant. We gave her deposit too. But last week, when my mum in law called her, she told my mum in law that she has taken up another customer and passed me to another confinement lady. Imagine the news when I'm currently 9 months pregnant! We found out she gave me up for a customer in Hong Kong. So irresponsible. If we didn't call her, she wouldn't have told us until I deliver. In the end, we decided to take her replacement. My mum in law talked and met the replacement lady and asked her to sign a confirmation letter :P Just becareful ya :P

Juliana,

Thank you for the info.

Hrmm, Alice Chan.

My mum also know a lady name Alice CHan, wondering is her (a quite fat lady, right)?

According to my mum, she is a 'kaki judi'

Luckily she get a replacement for you.

Anyway, If your CL is good, do recommend to me.

How much did you pay for your CL?

Congrats to you !

Hi Caroline,

Just a note. Becareful of a confinement lady in Seremban named "Alice" or "sister chan" (in chinese) . My mum in law booked her for my confinement when I was 4 months pregnant. We gave her deposit too. But last week, when my mum in law called her, she told my mum in law that she has taken up another customer and passed me to another confinement lady. Imagine the news when I'm currently 9 months pregnant! We found out she gave me up for a customer in Hong Kong. So irresponsible. If we didn't call her, she wouldn't have told us until I deliver. In the end, we decided to take her replacement. My mum in law talked and met the replacement lady and asked her to sign a confirmation letter :P Just becareful ya :P

Hi Caroline,

My mum in law did say Alice @ 珍姐 is a fat lady too. She asked us for deposit because she said she was short of money, so we gave to her. This time, she said she had to accept another confinement customer instead of me because of money matters :P

I'll let you know if my new CL is good. She sounds good, according to my husband and mum in law *keeping fingers crossed*

Congrats to you too !

Juliana,

Thank you for the info.

Hrmm, Alice Chan.

My mum also know a lady name Alice CHan, wondering is her (a quite fat lady, right)?

According to my mum, she is a 'kaki judi'

Luckily she get a replacement for you.

Anyway, If your CL is good, do recommend to me.

How much did you pay for your CL?

Congrats to you !

Hi Caroline,

RM4k++ is not the package, only they will provide you a CL & stay at your house (exactly like we engage the normal CL). If the package which you said I think is above RM6k.

And I heard a lot of negative response about Peiling service, so whoever want to engage their service please make very sure that you state clearly your requirement with them.

You are so lucky that you have a good CL & the price also very cheap (where are you having your confinement?) I don't think can get this price at Klang Valley, nowaday very hardly can get those below RM2500, most of them charge RM2.8k - RM3k.

Peiling really that bad meh? I am currently in S'pore, and my FIL had booked peiling service for me, since they heard that their service is quite good. but from the forum here, other than expensive packages, does anyone have the real experience with them? I will be having my confinement in S'pore, and Peiling does provide service to S'pore. and their price is cheaper than the local price here. Moreover, my EDD will be early Jan, which will drag thru the CNY 2008... Hope to hear from some who had a real experience with them. Thanks!

I personally had really bad experience with Peiling. Breach of trust and quality of service is no where of what was promised. Dont forget peiling operated under many names. Now u know why they need to have so many names.

If u google, u will find many had tried to claim refund from them through tribunal court. Hire your own CL through referral is the best way.

I see lots of recommendation here, but is there any confinement lady willing to come to Kajang area that is good? Can someone please PM me to let me know, as I am quite desperate. I previously at 6 months engaged a confinement lady and talked about the terms everything, but now that I want to bring her to my house to ask her what I should be buying etc, she keep pushing the date for few weeks already now. Now I'm already 8 months preg and still everytime call her, she makes many excuses. I'm beginning to think this is her tactic to cause me to be desperate and later change the price to a higher price. I'm actually just looking for a non-live in CL, will consider live-in dependant on price. But my problem is that my EDD is 6 FEB which during CNY time, so many CL are not willing to come as it is pantang for them. If any mothers here have a great CL that is willing to come, please please contact me! Thanks a lot.

hi all,

just to share with u all regarding my CL...i just delivered my baby on June 2008

i found this CL through my mom's friend...she is cousin of my mom's frend..only 52 if not mistaken...she's from Taiping...she has more clients in Spore...

she's very good in taking care my bb...also very neat...after every meal she will mop the floor (whole house except bedroom coz its carpeted) and clean up my kitchen...

she will actually arrange my meal for the coming few days...remind my hubby what to buy...never waste...cut & pack those fish, meat, chicken etc nicely in a plastic bag for every meal...

she will also wash my hubby's clothing...cook dinner for him...

before she went back..she actually help me to change all my bedsheets...wash toilet and clean up my store :P

not like other CL...she dint watch TV drama series....only watch half an hour news with me :rolleyes:

not choosy in food...whatever left over last nite will be her lunch next day

b4 she left, she told me the recipe to cook the 'or chor teh', herbal soup etc...cut the ginger & keep in container for me...same as those left over fish & meats...

what i can say is she is really efficient & nice person...

anyone interested can PM me for her contact

definitely no commission from her...

just to share...coz previously i've been contact few CL which is very calculative and some even quite rude...finally i get her just 2 mths b4 i deliver...

Hi Caren,

Can you please send me the contact of your CL?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all. Today I just met a confinement lady. Her name is Ah Chan from Selayang. She's gonna charge RM3,000 plus another RM200 for angpow. She said her services are for 28 days from the day I discharge from the hospital after delivery. Ermm... Since I am only staying with Hubby, she said she will cook for Hubby, then wash clothes (using my washing machine) and clean house (sweeping and mopping) when she has the time.

Has anyone here used her services before? I am just wondering is the rate she's charging for all that reasonable?