peipei

Confinement Lady (Pui Yuet)

Hi all,

I got engaged CL lady before for my both bbies. The first one was too old already tats y i didnt hire her for the 2nd time. The second one was ok. I think the most important thing when u wan to hire a CL is whether you would like to breastfeed or not? If you planned to do so, I advise you to look for a CL who is bfeeding pro and supporter. If not, you will get headache when u wan to bfeed around with a CL who is not supportive lor.

June

Hi,

I'll be due early Sept, and have yet to engage a good CL. The ones recommended here are mostly booked. Anyone care to recommend a good CL, pro in breastfeeding?

Thanks.

Mom to be,,

You can try calling both of these confinement lady. Mui Jie was proven to be GOOD as both of my friends (picky friends) adored her. Unfortunately, she was already booked for October. Therefore, I am getting my confinement lady from Mui Jie's si-fu, ying Jie from Seri Kembangan. Both of them are hakka, but they do speak Cantonese.

Their contacts are..

mui jie - 0126921211

Ying jie - 89426264

I read your recommendation and I engaged mui jie but I am very disappinted with her attitude and services. She is very lazy, fierce and calculative. I would not recommend her to anyone. I wonder how could she be proven to be GOOD....she didn't even up to par..

hi lim,

wen was your confinement? i engaged her as well, mine is estimated in aug. she is not good? mind to elaborate more pls :dash2: i m starting to worry now.

hi dear all mom-to-be,

i'm new here, this is my first time - pregnant, 5 months already.

need you all advice - confinement matter.

if look for a confinement lady, our hubby need to fetch her everyday morning to market right?

how to arrange this with your hubby if your hubby is working?

is there any comment if choose to go to confinement centre?

thank you..all..

not every morning... maybe once a week... like sunday morning when hubby isnt working...

i would like to recommend my CL... to me, she is very very good and reliable... would hire her again for my 2nd pregnancy... however she is fully booked till Dec 2009... but can try ur luck... she is from ipoh... she does things tat she doesnt need to do as a CL... for eg wash my toilets, clean my house, wipe my bed and furniture, make my bed when i wake up and etc... she did confinement for DJ Lam's wife as well... she is so good tat my mil gave her an additional angpow... so in the end she received her fee and 2 angpows (one from my mil and one from me)... she doesnt charge extra when she is required to cook for my pil and my sils...

Har Yie 012 5221913

not every morning... maybe once a week... like sunday morning when hubby isnt working...

i would like to recommend my CL... to me, she is very very good and reliable... would hire her again for my 2nd pregnancy... however she is fully booked till Dec 2009... but can try ur luck... she is from ipoh... she does things tat she doesnt need to do as a CL... for eg wash my toilets, clean my house, wipe my bed and furniture, make my bed when i wake up and etc... she did confinement for DJ Lam's wife as well... she is so good tat my mil gave her an additional angpow... so in the end she received her fee and 2 angpows (one from my mil and one from me)... she doesnt charge extra when she is required to cook for my pil and my sils...

Har Yie 012 5221913

dear babysiew,

thank you for your recommendation.

will discuss with my hubby.

normally how much they will charge because she's from Ipoh.

any additional thing i have to cover for her or i need to prepare?

thanks.

she will buy her own bus ticket from ipoh to kl... u just need to buy give her the bus ticket from kl to ipoh which costs around rm25... the fee for me was rm2.9k...

she will buy her own bus ticket from ipoh to kl... u just need to buy give her the bus ticket from kl to ipoh which costs around rm25... the fee for me was rm2.9k...

dear babysiew,

thank you for the information.

it help me a lot.

thanks, :lol:

hi all,

just to share with u all regarding my CL...i just delivered my baby on June 2008

i found this CL through my mom's friend...she is cousin of my mom's frend..only 52 if not mistaken...she's from Taiping...she has more clients in Spore...

she's very good in taking care my bb...also very neat...after every meal she will mop the floor (whole house except bedroom coz its carpeted) and clean up my kitchen...

she will actually arrange my meal for the coming few days...remind my hubby what to buy...never waste...cut & pack those fish, meat, chicken etc nicely in a plastic bag for every meal...

she will also wash my hubby's clothing...cook dinner for him...

before she went back..she actually help me to change all my bedsheets...wash toilet and clean up my store :P

not like other CL...she dint watch TV drama series....only watch half an hour news with me :rolleyes:

not choosy in food...whatever left over last nite will be her lunch next day

b4 she left, she told me the recipe to cook the 'or chor teh', herbal soup etc...cut the ginger & keep in container for me...same as those left over fish & meats...

what i can say is she is really efficient & nice person...

anyone interested can PM me for her contact

definitely no commission from her...

just to share...coz previously i've been contact few CL which is very calculative and some even quite rude...finally i get her just 2 mths b4 i deliver...

Hi Caren,

I am looking for a confinement lady. Can you pls email me your CL's contact number pls? my email add is samanthaclk@hotmail.com

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

Regards,

Samantha

Hi Caren,

Can you please email me your CL contact number as well? My email add is kkb_leeken@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Lee Ken

Hi members!

I will be due in Aug' 09.. Any1 cud recommend a good CL? I m staying in Bandar Sg Long.

Just to know more, does CL care after our other children as well? I have a 1yr old daughter at home...

Thank you.

Hi, all. Just come to give some advice or warning on one of the CL you get from internet.

I have bad experience with one of the CL Ngiam/Chin, Hp ends with 0034. Maybe she is good. But please dont take her if you cannot really LOCK her.

My sis booked her even during 2months of Pregnancy. The day before she expecting due, she called this CL, and she simply give excuses and get replacement for my sister. Even before delivery, once a while my sis called to double/tripple confirm, but my sis feels like she is try to delegate to other CL but my sis insist want her only.

So the day comes, heathy baby born. My sis called, but this CL tell my sis she felt sick. But actually based on the the story from the replacement CL…This ngiam (or those famous one), they like to simply take up all booking. then pass to other CL. And from what we know, this Ngiam dont want to do for my sis because she got booking from SG last minutes. 2x $$$ mah...

Just my advice for those who want to book CL…LOCK THEM for safety. Imagine how a delivered mom’s emotion and feels during that time…Suddenly all planning are mesh up. :sauer2:

hi all,

just to share with u all regarding my CL...i just delivered my baby on June 2008

i found this CL through my mom's friend...she is cousin of my mom's frend..only 52 if not mistaken...she's from Taiping...she has more clients in Spore...

she's very good in taking care my bb...also very neat...after every meal she will mop the floor (whole house except bedroom coz its carpeted) and clean up my kitchen...

she will actually arrange my meal for the coming few days...remind my hubby what to buy...never waste...cut & pack those fish, meat, chicken etc nicely in a plastic bag for every meal...

before she went back..she actually help me to change all my bedsheets...wash toilet and clean up my store :P

not like other CL...she dint watch TV drama series....only watch half an hour news with me :rolleyes:

b4 she left, she told me the recipe to cook the 'or chor teh', herbal soup etc...cut the ginger & keep in container for me...same as those left over fish & meats...

just to share...coz previously i've been contact few CL which is very calculative and some even quite rude...finally i get her just 2 mths b4 i deliver...

Hi Caren,

I am looking for a confinement lady. Can you pls email me your CL's contact number pls? my email add is samanthaclk@hotmail.com

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

Regards,

Samantha

Hi Caren,

Can u send me the contact of this CL too? How much she charge?

chailin_dear@yahoo.com

Thank you!

hi caren,

im new member here, i'll be due early dec & still looking for a good CL, can you pls email me your CL contact number.

my email add is elin@nittsu.com.my

thanks in advance

Hi sisters,

May I check if u all do set duty roster for ur CL please? My MIL's fren passed her a list of task to do for the CL. I almost fainted when she told me this! For me, as long as the CL does her job and help to take gd care of my baby, who cares right?

stephloh,

wah! i have never heard of this before & my mom is a CL! before she starts work, both parties should have discussed & agreed upon what needs to be done (solely concentrate on baby & you or need to do some house work etc etc) BUT on the other hand, with a list, if any problem arise, the CL cant say "you didnt ask me to do THAT" :unsure:

hi all,

Hi Caren,

I'm interested on the CL that you recommended, kindly pls. email to me the CL contact no.

My email : liow.esther@gmail.com

Thank you.

Regards,

Esther

hi all,

Hi Karen0421,

Can u please email to me your CL's contact no?

My email add is yensoo_lee@yahoo.com

Thanks

Is there anyone has the CL's contact number that recommended by caren0421 and shmily1314? If yes, can you please publish the CL's contact on the forum? I think Caren0421 and shmily1314 are no longer active on this forum. There are many mommies (including me) are urgently look for a good CL! For those who has engaged the CL that recommended by caren0421 and shmily1314, kindly provide more inputs. Thank you!

hi all, I just delivered my baby 3 mths ago. The confinement lady I hired is very good. Her age is around 50+ , she is very good in cooking. She cooked averagely 3 dishes for me every day for every meal. She is not that calculative person. Before I hire her, I did contact few confinement lady, normally all only cook for mother, and do everything for mother and baby. If u want confinement lady to cook and wash your hubby's clothes, must add money.

But this aunty I told her, nobody cook and wash for my hubby, then she did all for my hubby without adding money.

And she is hardworking too. Normally confinement lady will clean the kitchen only after they cook. but this aubty clean the whole hse for me EVERYDAY! FYI, I was breast feeding my baby during confinement. AUnty wunt wasttin time, she will go and wash the diapers when I breast feed my baby during midnite.

My hubby fetched her to my hse one nite b4 I discharged from hosp. When she reached my hse, she checked all the things in my hse. This is my 1st baby, so alotsa things also I duno and I also duno about the chinese pantang larang. So, after she cheking all the thing, the things that I didn't buy, she asked my hubby to bring her out to buy all the needed things. She even brought her own special pot haha....

The last day when she was here, she cut one box of the ginger foe me, garlic one box, and clear the chicken and cut all for me (just bought from market). She said she prepared all so that I can use it when needed.

The most important thing is the price also reasonable.My hubby and I also very appreciated her so we gave her additional angpao of RM300.

In conclusion, she is very gud la. I am very lucky that I hired her.

Dun misunderstand, she got no re/ship with me ;p and I wunt get any commission from her . Just that I know wanna find a good confinement lady really difficult, so I just wanna help :)

If anyone of u interested, can PM me, I can give the contact no. to you.

Dear Shmily,

Can you email me the confinement lady contact no.? My email is yensoo_lee@yahoo.com

How much does the confinement lady charge you? Thanks Shmily.