peipei

Confinement Lady (Pui Yuet)

Hi there,

Just want to share my current cl story. I had an early delivery n my appointed cl cldnt come earlier n she sent a friend kuan, to help. This friend is good coz

- she boils water for me to brush teeth n wash up in morning n night

- herbal Ginger baths before lunch

- make breakfast, lunch n dinner for me

- make lunch n dinner for my husband n herself separately

- advise n encourage me to take my Chinese traditional meds

- washes clothes for my baby, me, husband...and hand wash because it is faster for her, save electricity and she used to gage d detergent so it's not too much for d baby skin

- she ensures I drink only keichi water

- she "automatically" vacuum and mop my house floors, clean my toilet without me asking

- she is very very sensitive to my baby n his needs

- she is traditional but her methods works in easing my bb minor skin heat rashes

- she drops everything in a second whenever my bb cries or calls or coos

- she does not watch tv unless we watch

- she does not spend time on d phone chatting

- she is vegetarian but she is able to cook meat stuffs for us

- she doesn't criticize mybb at all

I had a negative, always discounting, calculative, lazy queen-wanna-be cl. This ling couldn't make it in time for my early delivery n sent kuan to my home for a few days. Then when tis bad ling cl came, she told me that she doesn't want to do this or that,etc and that we need to buy chinese newspaper everyday for her amongst other demands..in d end, i had to pay 1k to get rid of ling and re-hire kuan back.. So if ure lookin for a cl, it is very important to get the right one for u. The negative cl I had, she was used to doing nothing much and prefer those that has a maid at home to help.and her last straw to me was when she said "your bb cries too much, I can't sleep" and my bb was only 6days old.and then she flicked his face n said "you're a rotten egg".

So really interview as much as u can b4 u run into ppl mgmt issues

Hi Potatoes,

Can u email Kuan's contact to kyoong77@yahoo.com?

Many Thanks! :-)

Hi Potatoes,

Can you forward her contact details to leemoi2003@yahoo.co.uk?

Thanks a lot!! :biggrin:

Anyone know what is the price tag for CL work during CNY?

What is the current price for CL who work for 30 days? RM3200?

Please share.

Thanks.

My mom is full time doing CL job.... what I know the current price of CL job is 3500 + 200. CNY will be about 5500 + 200

Hi Jamy,

Hi everyone!

Just an update from my previous post in Sept. I had engaged a CL called Madam Lee from Zenmom. The process to book had been pretty easy, but was a bit worried whether the lady was any good after hearing some of the horror stories from this forum. I was relieved from Day 1. After my hubby called her, she immediately took a cab directly to the hospital to meet me and my family. From there she went home with us. She took charge of everything, from preparing some really delicious meals, and just making sure I didn't have to run around. She was really supportive of breastfeeding. She also advised my hubby to buy the necessary ingredients so that she would have everything on hand.

During the day, she barely rested, from rushing around my meals, helping with with my laundry, and attending to a crying baby. Yet, she always has a smile on her face and makes for a good companion. I am not sure how she does it.

I have just completed my confinement and already missing her help! I wanted to extend her, but she is so fully booked that she couldn't take it on. I am one happy mommy :-)

Hi,

can u recommend d CL to me? Thanks.

Hi Serene,

hi all, I just delivered my baby 3 mths ago. The confinement lady I hired is very good. Her age is around 50+ , she is very good in cooking. She cooked averagely 3 dishes for me every day for every meal. She is not that calculative person. Before I hire her, I did contact few confinement lady, normally all only cook for mother, and do everything for mother and baby. If u want confinement lady to cook and wash your hubby's clothes, must add money.

But this aunty I told her, nobody cook and wash for my hubby, then she did all for my hubby without adding money.

And she is hardworking too. Normally confinement lady will clean the kitchen only after they cook. but this aubty clean the whole hse for me EVERYDAY! FYI, I was breast feeding my baby during confinement. AUnty wunt wasttin time, she will go and wash the diapers when I breast feed my baby during midnite.

My hubby fetched her to my hse one nite b4 I discharged from hosp. When she reached my hse, she checked all the things in my hse. This is my 1st baby, so alotsa things also I duno and I also duno about the chinese pantang larang. So, after she cheking all the thing, the things that I didn't buy, she asked my hubby to bring her out to buy all the needed things. She even brought her own special pot haha....

The last day when she was here, she cut one box of the ginger foe me, garlic one box, and clear the chicken and cut all for me (just bought from market). She said she prepared all so that I can use it when needed.

The most important thing is the price also reasonable.My hubby and I also very appreciated her so we gave her additional angpao of RM300.

In conclusion, she is very gud la. I am very lucky that I hired her.

Dun misunderstand, she got no re/ship with me ;p and I wunt get any commission from her . Just that I know wanna find a good confinement lady really difficult, so I just wanna help :)

If anyone of u interested, can PM me, I can give the contact no. to you.

Hi,

Can forward the contact no to kwongjee79@gmail.com

THanks.

Hi Shmlly,

QUOTE (YvonneFong @ Nov 3 2011, 02:36 PM)

as I understand how hard to find a good CL.. I just finished my confinement on 24 nov.. and auntie stay with me until yesterday.. I like her service very much.. and I have write an review of hers at my blog.. you can see her picture... and some of her cooking dishes too..

http://yvonnefong.blogspot.com/2011/11/gre...tai-auntie.html

Hi Yvonne

Can email your CL contact no to summerbabies.09@gmail.com

I cant pm u :(

My fren needed CL urgently too..

Thanks ya ~~

Hi Yvonne,

Can you forward me her contact details to leemoi2003@yahoo.co.uk?

QUOTE (tgif @ Nov 10 2011, 09:51 AM)

QUOTE (sching2912 @ Sep 20 2010, 11:57 PM)

Dear all,

I had my confinement 6 months back and man...I had to thank my lucky stars that we got a really good CL through the Confinement Agency.

Actually, getting CL from agency pure luck...it was really a risk to take.

My CL is Sister Yuk (I call her Yuk Cheh)...she is not the super traditional type of CL...as she works alot for those mummies in Spore and to be frank, mummies there are less traditional compare to those here.

She knows what is the limit of things I should and should not do....all the pantang and stuffs la.

To cut short my story, she is really a CL who really does her part...even if she had to sleep only 4 hrs at nite as my bb took some time to adjust to day and night time.

Her daily routine is to wake up 7 ish and start preparing the things for me for the day...boil water, cut ginger, wash my clothes and bb clothes, prepare by breakfast.

She would ask what I like to eat for breakfast and if I am ok with what she plan to cook for me.

She wash and hang my clothes and bb clothes...

QUOTE (qzenp @ Aug 22 2011, 02:08 PM)

QUOTE (yivoon @ Mar 8 2011, 05:21 PM)

My CL is superb. She support breastfeeding, love baby, cook vey well and dont really laze around the house.

She would carry baby to me to breast feed and would sit beside me and talk to me even in the middle of the night. She would assemble and bring the pump for me every 2 hours so that I can build up my milk supply. After every pumping session, i just need to leave it on the table and she will wash, sterilize and store the milk for me and also help me to label the milk. I am still breastfeeding now because of her encouragement and support. She let me know that when I am too exhausted and need a break, it's perfectly okay to supplement with fm once so that me and baby can rest. She also teach my maid how to take cae of baby our way. Save me lots of energy as my maid handles my baby well from the first day she left.

She also cooks well and would cook whatever I wanna eat. I don't take Ginger so she wld find a way to sneak it into my food. Even after 40 days, I am still happy with her cooking. There will be 3 main meals everyday(eavh meal woulld have meat, vege and soup) and also some light snacks like red bean soup. At night, there would also be one big bowl of double boil herbs for me. She knows what to cook to build up milk supply. She also cooks for hubby and would ask him what he likes so that she can prepare them.

She would boil one big pot of shower herbs for me each day to let me wash up. She discourages hair washing and showering.

She is sooooooo good and caring till I am quite reluctant to let her go!

She would call me each day to check on baby after she left.

If anyone wants her contact can pm me.?

pls email me her contact thx :) qjamiep@yahoo.com

Hi, can you email her contact no to sjeng78@yahoo.com ? Thanksss

Can I have her contact too? please email to chris_laydi@hotmail.com

Then she will start preparing for lunch for me...

After lunch she wash up and alternate days she would help me clean my hse...sweep and mop the floors and wash the toilets.

Then she will prepare water for me to wash up...and change the ginger water.

After all done, she will then take short nap with the bb then wakes up and prepare herself for dinner.

She don't eat the food she cook for me instead she will cook for herself as she will get sick eating my confinement food...TOO HEATY :)

At night she will start to put the soup or dessert to boil for the next day and always make sure i finish my red dates water as she will boil 1 big pot for me everyday.

She make sure I don't walk too much and stay in bed as much as possible.

And most importantly, she supports breastfeeding as I know some CL are lazy to bring the bb over to the mummy's room especially during the night time.

She is more excited than me when she sees the amt of milk I extract during each pump. Haha...

And of course...she LOVES BABY.

But really is not easy to book her and she is usually very booked out also most of the time.

Therefore if possible, do look for ur CL as early as possible.

Do PM me if you need her contact.

Hi Vaneesia,

QUOTE (qzenp @ Aug 22 2011, 02:08 PM)

My CL is superb. She support breastfeeding, love baby, cook vey well and dont really laze around the house.

She would carry baby to me to breast feed and would sit beside me and talk to me even in the middle of the night. She would assemble and bring the pump for me every 2 hours so that I can build up my milk supply. After every pumping session, i just need to leave it on the table and she will wash, sterilize and store the milk for me and also help me to label the milk. I am still breastfeeding now because of her encouragement and support. She let me know that when I am too exhausted and need a break, it's perfectly okay to supplement with fm once so that me and baby can rest. She also teach my maid how to take cae of baby our way. Save me lots of energy as my maid handles my baby well from the first day she left.

She also cooks well and would cook whatever I wanna eat. I don't take Ginger so she wld find a way to sneak it into my food. Even after 40 days, I am still happy with her cooking. There will be 3 main meals everyday(eavh meal woulld have meat, vege and soup) and also some light snacks like red bean soup. At night, there would also be one big bowl of double boil herbs for me. She knows what to cook to build up milk supply. She also cooks for hubby and would ask him what he likes so that she can prepare them.

She would boil one big pot of shower herbs for me each day to let me wash up. She discourages hair washing and showering.

If anyone wants her contact can pm me.?

pls email me her contact thx :) qjamiep@yahoo.com

Hi, can you email her contact no to sjeng78@yahoo.com ? Thanksss

Can I have her contact too? please email to chris_laydi@hotmail.com

Hi,

Can forward me her contact details to leemoi2003@yahoo.co.uk?

Thanks to yivoon's post, i have managed to find a CL that support breastfeeding.

As everyone know, 9 out of 10 CL out there prefer to feed formula, as their job will be easier.

Food

- When she first arrived, she will open up my cabinets and take out everything that she need. Organized everything and list out a shopping list for my mother in-law.

- She cooked for myself, husband, mother in-law and maid. Mother in-law will do the shopping and help her with cooking. I am not a picky eaters, as long as its not the same dishes everyday then i am happy.

Baby

- My baby has a bit of jaundice and we rented the machine for photo light therapy. She has experiences with the machine, and know how to comfort the crying baby. It was such a pain watching baby crying inside..

- She would bring the baby for me to breastfeed every few hours. After initial few days, my nipples started to sore... I cant bf my baby directly, and we need to hand expressed the milk (electrical pump also hurt my nipple) .. She even helped me to massage and hand expressed at midnight~ :lol:

- For once, i did think about giving up bf, I have even asked my husband to buy formula. But CL insist that I could continue bf even the formula was just sitting on the kitchen's table.. For others CL, i believe they would have used formula...

- She won't use any bpa bottle that is more than 6 months old. She suggested me to use brand new bpa-free bottle + pre-sterilized BM storage bag.

- BM bottle/bag would be put inside a container and store inside the fridge.

- All my breast pump tools are washed & sterilized by her. Basically i only need to sit down and express, once done just get back to rest.

- She would let my older child drink my used/unfinished BM or throw it away..

If you are interested to get her contact, please email me at 20111225152952.jpg with the subject line " Confinement Lady ", then my gmail should automatically reply you with the CL contact number. If you didnt get any reply after 30 mins, then send me another email. I will reply it myself, but it might take sometimes as its my secondary email for forum.

Note:

Here are some of my extra "collections" after 2 weeks of hard works :)

I dont think i can achieve this without the continuous support of this CL....

photojan06114531pm.jpgphotojan06114445pm.jpg

*Cant organize nicely because my fridge is very packed...

Hi,

Dear all,

I just finished my confinement and I feel so lucky to get a good confinement lady as Guan Jie. I found her through another forum highly recommend her and she did better than expected.

Guan Jie has proper training as a CL in Singapore and she did not follow blindly for all what traditional CL will do, and she able to explain why need to follow those pantang in logical way.

She cooks very well and able to prepare variety of dishes. Such as potato stew pork chop, black pepper chicken chop, steam minched meat with egg, ginger fried egg, namyu chicken, fried fish fillet, serai chicken,sweet sour meat, and many more.. And it is uber delicious. Every meal she will prepare soup that enhance milk production or to help my body get rid of the wind. and start from 2nd week, she will boil tonic soup, bou pan for me every night, which make me so energetic the whole day, she always say, she would not jimat in helping us to bou the body because if it does do right in confinement week, the side effect will pro-long until we get old.

She very support breast feeding, and she not only support by speaking, she support by action, she sleep together with me and baby, when I first back from hospital, my baby cry every hour for milk at the night and she helps to train my baby to have 3 hours milking gap which make my life easier.

She did not manja my baby but she taught her to be discipline, which I think very proper. She setup daily routine for my baby, 7am wake up, 8am bath, 4pm mop body, 9pm sleep, which my baby follows it until now. She loves baby and she sing to my baby, talk to her, play with her...she always pay her attention to the baby even when she cooking, or washing clothes.

Another heart warming thing is, after she left, she still msg me and ask if I can handle my baby since I am a new mommy with zero experience, she taught me how should I handle my baby while she left. She even prepare black bean for my mom to cook black bean soup for me, and she plan her cooking very well and left zero remaining dishes in my fridge which ease my pain since I am not cooking.

But it is not easy to book her, she is fully book up until 2013 February when she helping me for confinement in 2012 June.

Therefore do look for ur CL as early as possible.

Dear all,

I just finished my confinement and I feel so lucky to get a good confinement lady as Guan Jie. I found her through another forum highly recommend her and she did better than expected.

Guan Jie has proper training as a CL in Singapore and she did not follow blindly for all what traditional CL will do, and she able to explain why need to follow those pantang in logical way.

She cooks very well and able to prepare variety of dishes. Such as potato stew pork chop, black pepper chicken chop, steam minched meat with egg, ginger fried egg, namyu chicken, fried fish fillet, serai chicken,sweet sour meat, and many more.. And it is uber delicious. Every meal she will prepare soup that enhance milk production or to help my body get rid of the wind. and start from 2nd week, she will boil tonic soup, bou pan for me every night, which make me so energetic the whole day, she always say, she would not jimat in helping us to bou the body because if it does do right in confinement week, the side effect will pro-long until we get old.

She very support breast feeding, and she not only support by speaking, she support by action, she sleep together with me and baby, when I first back from hospital, my baby cry every hour for milk at the night and she helps to train my baby to have 3 hours milking gap which make my life easier.

She did not manja my baby but she taught her to be discipline, which I think very proper. She setup daily routine for my baby, 7am wake up, 8am bath, 4pm mop body, 9pm sleep, which my baby follows it until now. She loves baby and she sing to my baby, talk to her, play with her...she always pay her attention to the baby even when she cooking, or washing clothes.

Another heart warming thing is, after she left, she still msg me and ask if I can handle my baby since I am a new mommy with zero experience, she taught me how should I handle my baby while she left. She even prepare black bean for my mom to cook black bean soup for me, and she plan her cooking very well and left zero remaining dishes in my fridge which ease my pain since I am not cooking.

But it is not easy to book her, she is fully book up until 2013 February when she helping me for confinement in 2012 June.

Hi Woan Chin,

Can you please send me her contact number? Thank you.

suetmeyho@hotmail.com

Dear all,

Hi WoanChin,

Can you PM me her contact? summersnow8031@yahoo.com.

Thanks

as I understand how hard to find a good CL.. I just finished my confinement on 24 nov.. and auntie stay with me until yesterday.. I like her service very much.. and I have write an review of hers at my blog.. you can see her picture... and some of her cooking dishes too..

http://yvonnefong.blogspot.com/2011/11/gre...tai-auntie.html

Hi Yvonne, can share the contact number? summersnow8031@yahoo.com

Dear all,

I had my confinement 6 months back and man...I had to thank my lucky stars that we got a really good CL through the Confinement Agency.

My CL is Sister Yuk (I call her Yuk Cheh)...she is not the super traditional type of CL...as she works alot for those mummies in Spore and to be frank, mummies there are less traditional compare to those here.

She knows what is the limit of things I should and should not do....all the pantang and stuffs la.

To cut short my story, she is really a CL who really does her part...even if she had to sleep only 4 hrs at nite as my bb took some time to adjust to day and night time.

Her daily routine is to wake up 7 ish and start preparing the things for me for the day...boil water, cut ginger, wash my clothes and bb clothes, prepare by breakfast.

She would ask what I like to eat for breakfast and if I am ok with what she plan to cook for me.

After lunch she wash up and alternate days she would help me clean my hse...sweep and mop the floors and wash the toilets.

After all done, she will then take short nap with the bb then wakes up and prepare herself for dinner.

She don't eat the food she cook for me instead she will cook for herself as she will get sick eating my confinement food...TOO HEATY :)

At night she will start to put the soup or dessert to boil for the next day and always make sure i finish my red dates water as she will boil 1 big pot for me everyday.

And most importantly, she supports breastfeeding as I know some CL are lazy to bring the bb over to the mummy's room especially during the night time.

She is more excited than me when she sees the amt of milk I extract during each pump. Haha...

But really is not easy to book her and she is usually very booked out also most of the time.

Hi Vaneesia, can you share her contact? summersnow8031@yahoo.com

Thanks. :)

Dear all,

Hi WoanChin,

Can you please share with me the contact of your CL? my email is syinnk84@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

Hi Woan Chin,

Can you please share with me your contact of CL? my email address is chiuyt@gmail.com.

I am also looking for a CL end of nov/ early dec. Any recommendation?

Thanks.

Dear all,

Please share with me the CL contact number. celiachan2@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Dear All,

I am carying twins now and wondering one CL how to take care 2 babies and one mummy at the same time.

Anyway had this experience before? Please share?

I have asked few CL and they charged me about RM7000 - RM8000 due to twins and CNY. I dare not to challange them thier skill handing 2 babies at the same time. But the cost is too high. This is excluding chinese herbal and food expenses.....

Please share your view here.

Thanks!

Dear all,

Hi,

Can you share ur CL contact to me pls? My email is k2low@yahoo.com

Thanks.

dear all,

My mum is a full time CL. She is only available from Feb 2013 onwards. This year already fully booked. For more info, can contace email me at angelcastle888@hotmail.com

Cheers

TQ

Hi there,

Im looking for CL very urgently coz my CL last minute told me cant do for me.

My due date in early Oct 2012.

Anyone has recommended CL please email me at eloise9655@yahoo.com

Many Thanks

Dear all,

Hi, can send me your confinement lady contact? my email is carol8113@gmail.com

Hi I tried to PM everyone with good CL but the PM cannot be used. I got message tat the member cannot use the messaging system.

So pls pls pls send me the CL contact number at babysiew@yahoo.com Thanks alot!

So lucky to come to this forum and get to read all the comments. I believe this forum helps a lot in looking for a good confinement lady.

My edd due on 1st of Dec 2012, but my doctor said might be earlier due to my health not so good. I try look for the confinement lady since few months ago but missed out and they've already booked by others. I will try my luck to get a good one from here. Hopefully 'tin gong' bo bi bo bi , i can get a good one. :)

This is my second pregnant, and also going through hard time and got problem which specialist doctor also cant tell what's going on. Currently having chinese medicine to control my hard breathing. So i hope to replenish during confinement period. Thanks to everyone who sharing over here.

Any good recommended can also email me at amyong1987@gmail.com

Am appreciate a lot to the sharing informations.

Dear all,

Hi woanchin, can you please share your CL contact to me, thanks a lot.

amyong1987@gmail.com

Dear all,

Hi Vaneesia, can you please share your CL contact to me? Thank you so much!!

amyong1987@gmail.com