peipei

Confinement Lady (Pui Yuet)

Stone's Ginger Wine for sale. I brought 20 over bottles and now left exactly 10 bottles. Wife's confinement period over, looking to get ride of it.
Suitable for expecting mother.
Selling as a bundle of 10 bottles : RM420.
COD area : Subang / Sunway / Puchong / Shah Alam / Kota Kemuning.
P/S : There's no F.O.C. eco bag as stated on the bottle's sticker. I didn't get it either.

Dear all,

I just finished my confinement and I feel so lucky to get a good confinement lady as Guan Jie. I found her through another forum highly recommend her and she did better than expected.

Guan Jie has proper training as a CL in Singapore and she did not follow blindly for all what traditional CL will do, and she able to explain why need to follow those pantang in logical way.

She cooks very well and able to prepare variety of dishes. Such as potato stew pork chop, black pepper chicken chop, steam minched meat with egg, ginger fried egg, namyu chicken, fried fish fillet, serai chicken,sweet sour meat, and many more.. And it is uber delicious. Every meal she will prepare soup that enhance milk production or to help my body get rid of the wind. and start from 2nd week, she will boil tonic soup, bou pan for me every night, which make me so energetic the whole day, she always say, she would not jimat in helping us to bou the body because if it does do right in confinement week, the side effect will pro-long until we get old.

She very support breast feeding, and she not only support by speaking, she support by action, she sleep together with me and baby, when I first back from hospital, my baby cry every hour for milk at the night and she helps to train my baby to have 3 hours milking gap which make my life easier.

She did not manja my baby but she taught her to be discipline, which I think very proper. She setup daily routine for my baby, 7am wake up, 8am bath, 4pm mop body, 9pm sleep, which my baby follows it until now. She loves baby and she sing to my baby, talk to her, play with her...she always pay her attention to the baby even when she cooking, or washing clothes.

Another heart warming thing is, after she left, she still msg me and ask if I can handle my baby since I am a new mommy with zero experience, she taught me how should I handle my baby while she left. She even prepare black bean for my mom to cook black bean soup for me, and she plan her cooking very well and left zero remaining dishes in my fridge which ease my pain since I am not cooking.

But it is not easy to book her, she is fully book up until 2013 February when she helping me for confinement in 2012 June.

Therefore do look for ur CL as early as possible.

Do PM me if you need her contact.

Hi Woan Chin,

Can you please send me her contact number? Thank you.

litheng81@gmail.com

My CL is superb. She support breastfeeding, love baby, cook vey well and dont really laze around the house.

She would carry baby to me to breast feed and would sit beside me and talk to me even in the middle of the night. She would assemble and bring the pump for me every 2 hours so that I can build up my milk supply. After every pumping session, i just need to leave it on the table and she will wash, sterilize and store the milk for me and also help me to label the milk. I am still breastfeeding now because of her encouragement and support. She let me know that when I am too exhausted and need a break, it's perfectly okay to supplement with fm once so that me and baby can rest. She also teach my maid how to take cae of baby our way. Save me lots of energy as my maid handles my baby well from the first day she left.

She also cooks well and would cook whatever I wanna eat. I don't take Ginger so she wld find a way to sneak it into my food. Even after 40 days, I am still happy with her cooking. There will be 3 main meals everyday(eavh meal woulld have meat, vege and soup) and also some light snacks like red bean soup. At night, there would also be one big bowl of double boil herbs for me. She knows what to cook to build up milk supply. She also cooks for hubby and would ask him what he likes so that she can prepare them.

She would boil one big pot of shower herbs for me each day to let me wash up. She discourages hair washing and showering.

She is sooooooo good and caring till I am quite reluctant to let her go!

She would call me each day to check on baby after she left.

If anyone wants her contact can pm me.?

Hi Yivoon,

I'm looking for a good and reliable CL that supports breastfeeding, mind sharing your CL's contact to me?

you can email to ann.tangq@gmail.com

Thanks.

My CL is superb. She support breastfeeding, love baby, cook vey well and dont really laze around the house.

She would carry baby to me to breast feed and would sit beside me and talk to me even in the middle of the night. She would assemble and bring the pump for me every 2 hours so that I can build up my milk supply. After every pumping session, i just need to leave it on the table and she will wash, sterilize and store the milk for me and also help me to label the milk. I am still breastfeeding now because of her encouragement and support. She let me know that when I am too exhausted and need a break, it's perfectly okay to supplement with fm once so that me and baby can rest. She also teach my maid how to take cae of baby our way. Save me lots of energy as my maid handles my baby well from the first day she left.

She also cooks well and would cook whatever I wanna eat. I don't take Ginger so she wld find a way to sneak it into my food. Even after 40 days, I am still happy with her cooking. There will be 3 main meals everyday(eavh meal woulld have meat, vege and soup) and also some light snacks like red bean soup. At night, there would also be one big bowl of double boil herbs for me. She knows what to cook to build up milk supply. She also cooks for hubby and would ask him what he likes so that she can prepare them.

She would boil one big pot of shower herbs for me each day to let me wash up. She discourages hair washing and showering.

She is sooooooo good and caring till I am quite reluctant to let her go!

She would call me each day to check on baby after she left.

If anyone wants her contact can pm me.?

Hi yivoon,

I'm looking for a confinement lady who is supportive breastfeeding. Appreciate if you could send the contact of your confinement lady to my email address at amanda_keng@yahoo.com.

Many thanks!

hi all, I just delivered my baby 3 mths ago. The confinement lady I hired is very good. Her age is around 50+ , she is very good in cooking. She cooked averagely 3 dishes for me every day for every meal. She is not that calculative person. Before I hire her, I did contact few confinement lady, normally all only cook for mother, and do everything for mother and baby. If u want confinement lady to cook and wash your hubby's clothes, must add money.

But this aunty I told her, nobody cook and wash for my hubby, then she did all for my hubby without adding money.

And she is hardworking too. Normally confinement lady will clean the kitchen only after they cook. but this aubty clean the whole hse for me EVERYDAY! FYI, I was breast feeding my baby during confinement. AUnty wunt wasttin time, she will go and wash the diapers when I breast feed my baby during midnite.

My hubby fetched her to my hse one nite b4 I discharged from hosp. When she reached my hse, she checked all the things in my hse. This is my 1st baby, so alotsa things also I duno and I also duno about the chinese pantang larang. So, after she cheking all the thing, the things that I didn't buy, she asked my hubby to bring her out to buy all the needed things. She even brought her own special pot haha....

The last day when she was here, she cut one box of the ginger foe me, garlic one box, and clear the chicken and cut all for me (just bought from market). She said she prepared all so that I can use it when needed.

The most important thing is the price also reasonable.My hubby and I also very appreciated her so we gave her additional angpao of RM300.

In conclusion, she is very gud la. I am very lucky that I hired her.

Dun misunderstand, she got no re/ship with me ;p and I wunt get any commission from her . Just that I know wanna find a good confinement lady really difficult, so I just wanna help :)

If anyone of u interested, can PM me, I can give the contact no. to you.

Hi shmily1314,

I'm looking for a confinement lady. Appreciate if you could send me the contact of your confinement lady to amanda_keng@yahoo.com.

Many thanks!

Dear all,

I just finished my confinement and I feel so lucky to get a good confinement lady as Guan Jie. I found her through another forum highly recommend her and she did better than expected.

Guan Jie has proper training as a CL in Singapore and she did not follow blindly for all what traditional CL will do, and she able to explain why need to follow those pantang in logical way.

She cooks very well and able to prepare variety of dishes. Such as potato stew pork chop, black pepper chicken chop, steam minched meat with egg, ginger fried egg, namyu chicken, fried fish fillet, serai chicken,sweet sour meat, and many more.. And it is uber delicious. Every meal she will prepare soup that enhance milk production or to help my body get rid of the wind. and start from 2nd week, she will boil tonic soup, bou pan for me every night, which make me so energetic the whole day, she always say, she would not jimat in helping us to bou the body because if it does do right in confinement week, the side effect will pro-long until we get old.

She very support breast feeding, and she not only support by speaking, she support by action, she sleep together with me and baby, when I first back from hospital, my baby cry every hour for milk at the night and she helps to train my baby to have 3 hours milking gap which make my life easier.

She did not manja my baby but she taught her to be discipline, which I think very proper. She setup daily routine for my baby, 7am wake up, 8am bath, 4pm mop body, 9pm sleep, which my baby follows it until now. She loves baby and she sing to my baby, talk to her, play with her...she always pay her attention to the baby even when she cooking, or washing clothes.

Another heart warming thing is, after she left, she still msg me and ask if I can handle my baby since I am a new mommy with zero experience, she taught me how should I handle my baby while she left. She even prepare black bean for my mom to cook black bean soup for me, and she plan her cooking very well and left zero remaining dishes in my fridge which ease my pain since I am not cooking.

But it is not easy to book her, she is fully book up until 2013 February when she helping me for confinement in 2012 June.

Therefore do look for ur CL as early as possible.

Do PM me if you need her contact.

Hi woanchin,

I'm looking for a confinement lady. Appreciate if you could send me the contact of your confinement lady to amanda_keng@yahoo.com.

Many thanks!

RECOMMENDED CONFINEMENT LADY 

Cost: The last I heard her quote was RM3900 + angpau (up to you)
Description:
1. Cooks really good food
2. Use to take care of my breastfed baby girl
3. Not calculative
4. Very open & friendly
5. Speaks mainly Cantonese or Mandarin. Very basic English.

If interested, do contact me at soo.olivia@gmail.com for her number.

I would like to recommend my wonderful confinement lady, Jenny Low Siew Chin (tel no. +60136099588). I am currently having her in London for my first baby. Aunty Jenny is 55 years old and based in KL. She has had 11 years experience as a confinement lady, and has worked with many babies in Singapore, KL, Australia, Hong Kong, and Germany.

As soon as Aunty Jenny arrived in my home after her 12 hour flight, she got to work immediately, organising foodstuff and herbs she brought personally from Malaysia (she did not charge me for them). I went into labour the night that she arrived, and during my stay in hospital, Aunty Jenny cooked for my husband and I so that we could have nutritious home cooked food in hospital. Being a new mum, it was a tedious task to learn breastfeeding. My breasts were very engorged in the first 2-3 weeks, but Aunty Jenny helped me by massaging to encourage milk release, and she also offered a lot of advice about what to expect in the next few weeks. She would wake me up for night feeds during the first 4 weeks, and then burp and change baby Sean so that I could go back to bed. She would serve me red date tea each time I was feeding, and encouraged me to rest when I could. 

If you have heard horror stories about confinement ladies and practices, fear not if you have Aunty Jenny! She is very modern and open-minded, and if there are certain practices you don’t intend to follow, she will be absolutely fine with it. I washed my hair on day 4 (I wasn’t going to last to 40 days). I voluntarily showered with some herbs I got (on day 3), and she was happy to boil that for me. I could wear what I liked (as opposed to long sleeves and socks traditionally). I could have gone out of the house after week 3, but I chose not to. 

Aunty Jenny is fantastic with the baby. She is gentle and very patient with him, and is able to calm him down with her Cantonese baby-chat. She is very diligent with changing nappies, and meticulous with applying nappy cream and QV cream after baths. After my confinement period, she started doing the night feeds with expressed milk so that my husband and I both sleep through the night. She understands the need for my husband and I to spend time together, so she gives us space and encourages us to go out while she looks after Sean at home. She believes in not spoiling babies by allowing them to self-soothe, which I agree with. However, if you would rather not let your baby cry for too long, she will pick him up if he cries (previous assignments). She does his laundry and some of ours too. 

I cannot go on enough about Aunty Jenny’s cooking! She doesn’t just cook good confinement food, but also local delicacies like nasi lemak, chicken rice, curry chicken, wat tan ho etc. Being overseas, she is a godsend for us! We love her marmite pork, fried chicken with smelly tofu, butter spare ribs, ma yau kai, lo mai fan, pork in vinegar, the list goes on. It feels like we are eating out everyday! She was very happy to cook every meal for my sister and in-laws while they were visiting from Malaysia, as well as friends who came to visit. She is extremely organised, and would prepare her cooking ingredients in the early hours of the morning while we were asleep so that she would be ready when baby was up, yet be able to cook our meals on time. I am never hungry when she is around, and have put on weight during confinement! When she has finished her work, she watches her Cantonese dramas on her iPad, or chats with me, which is welcomed company when I am at home.

It has now been 6.5 weeks since she arrived, and we will have her for another 5.5 weeks. My friends and family have commented on how healthy and relaxed my husband and I look despite having a new baby, and I credit this to Aunty Jenny. She has become like a part of our family, and I am not looking  forward to the day she leaves. I cannot recommend a more honest, reliable, uncalculating and trustworthy confinement lady to look after my baby. After having her, I wonder why people talk about “surviving confinement” as I enjoyed mine. Her good work is so evident that even my friend who came to visit has booked her for 2 months for her confinement next year. 

Feel free to email me on xulinfoo@yahoo.co.uk if you would like more details.

I have been working as a professional confinement lady (‘pui yuet’) and nanny for over 20 years and am very experienced in taking care of both new moms and newborn babies. I love children and have a patient and very friendly personality. Although I am English educated, I am fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien, Hakka and Malay and have worked with families of various races including Malay, Indian, Japanese, European and Chinese families. In fact, many families that I work for usually request to extend my service as they find that I really take good care of both the mother and baby and can help new moms with breastfeeding.  

I have worked for families with newborn twins as well as a Datin, doctors, a gynae and vegan mommies. I love cooking and specialize in delicious traditional confinement dishes (including Western, pasta & vegetarian styles) and other local dishes. I worked in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia as well. 

If you are looking for a confinement lady, I will be the perfect person to help you out. Please feel free to call me at 017-266 9088. Aunty Lai.

I delivered a beautiful baby boy 6m ago. Given birth at the age of 40years only is very tiring, luckily for me, I found a wonderful confinement lady who is so superb. I found her thru somebody blog by accident. There is no description or contact number of her on that blog, so I contacted the blogger for her number. Only after sometimes, the blogger replied with her number and praised her without me asking about her. I called the confinement lady for a brief interview and she sound better than other confinement to tried so hard to hardsell themselves. But first, she would ask for your EDD first before she continue with the interview. So I requested to meet her on the following week after satisfied with all my concerned questions from her fee, cooking, to handling baby and handling housechores.

She is now booked until Sep 2017 by her repeated guests.

Brief description about her:
1. 65 years old Hakka lady, cooks very good food, discourage fried food as she thinks soupy and vegetables produce more milk, but will still cook if requested.
2. Flexible with any sleeping arrangement. We slept in same room for a week and I saw how she woke up at every time baby cries at night. I moved out to another room when air-cond broke down, and she slept in a fanned room with the baby.
3. She boiled and carried up water for me to washup and bathe.
4. She handwash laundry
5. Speaks Hakkanes, Hokkien, Cantonese or Mandarin.

If interested, do contact me at carinaauyong@hotmail.com for her number.

My mum is a experience confinement lady, anyone interested can contact her

Description:
1. Cooks really good food
2. Support breastfeeding
3. Not calculative
4. Very friendly
5. She do Urut (massage) also ( addition charges )

If interested
Call her 017-2694426 ( Madam Lee )

Thank you

I would like to recommend my confinement lady, Jenny Low Siew Chin (tel no. +60136099588 - Whatsapp). She is from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. She has had 14 years experience as a confinement lady, and has worked with many families in Singapore, KL, Australia, UK, Hong Kong and Germany. I am based in London and am having her for the second time after an excellent experience with my first child 3 years ago (reviewed here also - see link).

Aunty Jenny is fantastic with my baby. She is gentle and patient, very diligent with changing nappies, and hygienic. Once breastfeeding was established, she was happy to feed the baby with expressed milk and settle him through the night so that I could rest as much as possible. She always ensures that I am well-fed and hydrated. She is extremely organised, preparing ingredients for our meals well in advance. She happily cooks for my husband, our son and I - even cooking separate meals for my fussy eater! She takes pride in her cooking, which IMO, is like eating out at restaurants back home, at times even better! Being overseas, we truly appreciate her going the extra mile eg. bringing foodstuffs she had prepared in Malaysia, making curry puffs, nasi lemak, yong tau foo etc. Nothing is too much trouble for her! Of course, do not expect her to work her magic without the necessary ingredients! She also does all our laundry, and light housekeeping. 

She encourages me to take time out for myself and has been very willing to help out with my older child (cooking separate meals for him, school runs, babysitting while I was out). She has even frozen ready-cooked meals for me in anticipation of my busy schedule when she leaves. She recharges with short naps or relaxes by watching Chinese TV series on her iPad. 

I have enjoyed both my confinement periods thanks to Aunty Jenny. She is very reliable and trustworthy, and has become a part of our family. I would highly recommend her to my family and friends, and anyone looking for an excellent confinement nanny.