beenbride

wedding in Kota Kinabalu

Hi why83 & beenbride,

Thanx for the info on the caterer... does all these caterer set up nicely for the setting and display of the food? As for wedding cake, I gonna have 1 for my lunch reception also, and since beenbride were saying the wedding cake provide by Sutera is very ugly then might need to consider for another wedding cake....wondering y need so many wedding cake..haha... :unsure:

beenbride: u hired a MC? any info on it? where u got the MC?

yes. they set up for u.

as for wedding cake, i only had one at wedding dinner. but again it is ur wedding so it is up to ur comfort n style. :)

MC, u can ask from sutra habour. they've the contacts. we hired too late so we didn't manage to get good one (we completely forgot about MC until it was too near towards the wedding... :dash2: ... my advice, everytime u remeber to do something, job it down. if not, into so many things, u turn to forget some important things. i used up the whole of diary book....haha... :wacko3: yet i still forgot important thing. :cool:

Hi mcpy,

I got the contact already:

"The Hut" no is 08-238558-Alice (lady boss), you can choose from Chinese or western style or can mix (can ask for menu), the food is really nice, they will set up everything for you eg: table and chair, plate, food display everything. My FMIL said she usually order for Rm30++ per head (western style) include the roasted lamb. She said the lady boss did told her before need at least 50 people and above then they will cater (but FMIL not sure if she mean the lamb or everything).

The one that i am going to cater is from YU HA HAI (fish, prawn, crab pronounce in cantonese) tel 08-423464 - Mrs Leong, will charge and cook up to what you order (chinese food), but they will only provide chair and food set up.

My FMIL will get the cake from Promenate hotel for me, she likes the cake there.

Hi beenbride,

The company that i work with now apply a working visa for me ( valid for one year) but i am not sure if after married i can stay here without working visa or not.

My FFIL said he will get MC and a group call "Dreamer" (not sure if i get name right or not) singing all the 70s songs, will leave band issue for him :lol:

Pan Pacific i think i will only use their mock cake, no real cake for me, i only need a cake for lunch reception like mcpy.

Thanks you for food advice, we personally prefer Chinese dinner but FFIL prefer Western dinner so we are still in the middle of choosing between Chinese Style or Western Style.

if u not working, u can apply spouse visa (dependent visa)

if u prefer those 70's go for it.

I personally suggest "the Hut" coz u don't need to worry other's things like chair, talbes, tables clothes...the whole dinner things was settled by them..u just need to present urself to the guest. really can close ur both eyes on them.. same goes to food at church.

hi hi, i am so happy i found this forum! cos i am struggling on my wedding planning too that gonna held at KK, where i am from Penang :( currently we plan to have the reception at Promenate Hotel, so i am looking for live band who can sing english and chinese songs :) Anyone here can help me? Besides, i also looking for florist to decorate the church and also my hand/waist banquet too....

p/s: my bf working in Australia, thus i need to handle the ceremony in KK and also Penang, i am really headache :rclxub: Hope someone can help and share their opinion. Thanks

Hi beenbride,

I will hold the working visa for one year and will see how lor cos i am not sure how's the visa works here, really don't understand as Malaysian i need visa to stay in Malaysia-Sabah, sound funny right. :wink:

I don't really appreciate 70's song, but FFIL want it, so............. :whistling: , but i think i will pick few songs and request them to sing that night.

Ya, "the Hut" service is good, prepare and set up and collect everything from start to end.

Hi Fianne,

Welcome, we are happy to share what we know. When is your Big day?

Beenbride mention before she use May florist for her church decor, i didn't have the contact but can find out for you but need some time ya :blush:

My FH's friends use one band before that can sing english and chinese during their wedding, not too bad la, i can get the contact for you tonight.

Did you contact Promenate hotel already? as i know they are renovating the ball room now, not sure when will it complete.

beenbride

thanx for the reminder. really need to write it down whenever I think of something... for MC, maybe I won't get a professional one, maybe just ask my FH's fren to be the MC, he is good in it, but is a headache for me too coz I dunno how to choose the language, maybe I need bilingual.. *headache*, my parents and me dunno mandarin while my FMIL dunno english, language that both side know is cantonese, and is hard to find a MC that r fluent in cantonese..haha...*faint*

why83

Thanx for all the information that u gave. Will discuss with my FH. About the band u mentioned is called "Dreamer"? What's the charges for the band. if u dont mind sharing.

Fianne

Welcome to the crowd to be a KK's bride.

Hi Fianne,

Welcome, we are happy to share what we know. When is your Big day?

Beenbride mention before she use May florist for her church decor, i didn't have the contact but can find out for you but need some time ya :blush:

My FH's friends use one band before that can sing english and chinese during their wedding, not too bad la, i can get the contact for you tonight.

Did you contact Promenate hotel already? as i know they are renovating the ball room now, not sure when will it complete.

Hey why83, thanks so much for your help. Ya, from the forum i got hear someone mention May Florist, i did note it down, but no address or contact stated, only mention near Tong Hin Supermarket :rclxub: So you think May Florist ok?? Do you able to help me get the contact or address? Cos I plan to go KK for a weekend trip in July to help my future mother in law on those planning and arrangement since my fiance in Aus :sad: So if i can get the contact by then will be very good :smile: Will go have a look, hehehe :tongue:

About the live band, i also get one from this forum too. Gravity Trio - Lot 5, 1st Floor, Block A, Damai Point, Jalan Damai, 88300 Kota Kinabalu. You know about them? Are they ok? But give me the contact for the one you intro to, in case either one more expensive, then i still have back up, hehehe.....

For the Promenate Hotel, yea...my fiance kind of book already in last month, since he is back for vacation...Yea, their ball room is renovating, if not mistaken done by June...So hopefully by July i can drop by to see the ball room and also taste their dishes....

p/s: my wedding is 8 May 2010, hehehe....

welcome fianne, we are happy to share what we know.

May florist - 51, ground floor, jln gaya 8800 KK Ph: 088-235803 / 221908 ( amy wong - lady boss - 0168322423)

we gave total of rm 970 - house, church, bride n bridemaid, corsages x 10. they did it very nicely. we took lily for house n church so it was a little expensive because of lilly.

u can try Gina florist - 088-233896 (do not know the address but it is at api api. I only called her and asked. she was very rude over the phone. so i never give a try to her shop.

the gravity trio - rm 1800. worth the money. we took jazz band. U can discuss with their manager - roger wong who is the international award winning artist.

as for promenate hotel - food is not great at all. but their cake is nice.

hey. fianne...since ur wedding is still far away..what i mean is u still got lots of time so take ur time, ask around first before u book anything. u can compare the prices n if the quality is same, of course the cheap one. sometime it is wroth the money u pay for, so go for the good one if ur budget allow.

louis pang (photographer), Gravity Trio(music band), n Shiela Laiw (MUA - 0128297676) they r worth the money. when i booked them i booked them with very heavy heart.

but the result was simply stanning...

for MUA - according some of the forum she is the most expensive MUA n the best in sabah. I asked around some they price is like around 600+ but shiela is RM 800.

let me tell u guys from my experience...(one n only time experience :cool: ) my face is very oily n uneven skin tone. i asked her made me look as natural as before. she just did very light touch up. turn out very simple and nice. my face wasn't oily the whole day. the hair do was super nice too. she is young n friendly.

for gravity trio - u asked roger wong where they play n u go and see how u like them. for us, my SIL was the one who went n see for us. she said it was great so we took it.

Louis pang - needless to say he is great.

hv fun with preparation. it was a headache but when it over, it is over so abruptly. :wub:

beenbride & why83,

Any idea of a florist name located at a row of shops opposite Lintas, the shop is same row as the Restaurant Ali(corner) and Elken KK?

fianne,

u still have a long time to plan, is great to have a longer time to plan so that u can get all info and compare it...

Happy Planning to u. And to why83 and myself! Haha.....

mcpy,

I don't have any contact and detail for "dreamer" as my FFIL said he will KAU TIM for us. I don't dare to rush him as i think he didn't contact them yet. :sleep: will share with you once i know more about them.

Sorry i am don;t know about the florist that you mention, if i go to Lintas will take a good look for you. :smile:

Fianne,

For Roger Wang -(Gravity Trio's manager) you can see his performance from you tube, search under Roger Wang there are few of his video clip.

I got another florist contact - Margaret Florist 08-216151, can call and ask their price.

As for Band (can sing English and Chinese)- Can contact Mr Tan 0198805448 , i think he got MC under him too.

beenbride,

Thank you for all the detail that you share.

Will definately get Sheila as my MUA, she is out of town now, will get her when she come back, can't wait already :lol:

I really don't remember those restuarant. i am sure everyone know tong hnin. that row. i only remember there is one nyonya resturant where in the food is quite nice. but all of u r from penisular, nyonya food there is better. :)

it is better to buy wedding gift from there n bring it to KK. KK hard to find wedding door gift.

oh mcpy n why 83...get wedding signature book from outside. the one hotel gave i do not like it. u can ask them to show u first before u decide to buy from outside. u might like it as different ppl hv diff taste.

happy planning to all of u. it is nice to have someone to talk n share what u feeling especially the :wacko3: wedding planning..

Hi mcpy,

Can i know which hall Pan Pacific offer you to held your dinner?

I just received my quotation almost fainted :wacko3: , for me to use Pan Pacific Grand ball room for 130 people, Sutera will charge me Rm190++ per head for western style (4 course meal). I am thinking to change venue now to Le Meridian which offer me RM100++ per head for 6 course meal.

Will try to negotiate again with Sutera for more meal or the last option change venue if Le Meridian still available.

So troublesome now, if Sutera can't change then i need to do my garden wedding in Pan Pacific (morning) and dinner in Le Meridian. :dash2:

why83

Mine is not in Pacific Sutera. I'm in the Rose Garden of Magellan Sutera and is in Chinese style, 8 courses sit down chinese dinner lor.

Indeed western style is more expensive one. But for my case both my parents and FH's parents also prefer Chinese style.

So u having Garden Wedding? Means ur Solemnisation will be there?

beenbride

thanx for the information about the guest signature book. will look into it... *write down 1st*, even if I am using Sutera given guest book, I might also buy another one outside as I can always see those guests that arrived later don't have a place to sign.

welcome fianne, we are happy to share what we know.

May florist - 51, ground floor, jln gaya 8800 KK Ph: 088-235803 / 221908 ( amy wong - lady boss - 0168322423)

we gave total of rm 970 - house, church, bride n bridemaid, corsages x 10. they did it very nicely. we took lily for house n church so it was a little expensive because of lilly.

u can try Gina florist - 088-233896 (do not know the address but it is at api api. I only called her and asked. she was very rude over the phone. so i never give a try to her shop.

the gravity trio - rm 1800. worth the money. we took jazz band. U can discuss with their manager - roger wong who is the international award winning artist.

as for promenate hotel - food is not great at all. but their cake is nice.

hey. fianne...since ur wedding is still far away..what i mean is u still got lots of time so take ur time, ask around first before u book anything. u can compare the prices n if the quality is same, of course the cheap one. sometime it is wroth the money u pay for, so go for the good one if ur budget allow.

louis pang (photographer), Gravity Trio(music band), n Shiela Laiw (MUA - 0128297676) they r worth the money. when i booked them i booked them with very heavy heart.

but the result was simply stanning...

for MUA - according some of the forum she is the most expensive MUA n the best in sabah. I asked around some they price is like around 600+ but shiela is RM 800.

let me tell u guys from my experience...(one n only time experience :cool: ) my face is very oily n uneven skin tone. i asked her made me look as natural as before. she just did very light touch up. turn out very simple and nice. my face wasn't oily the whole day. the hair do was super nice too. she is young n friendly.

for gravity trio - u asked roger wong where they play n u go and see how u like them. for us, my SIL was the one who went n see for us. she said it was great so we took it.

Louis pang - needless to say he is great.

hv fun with preparation. it was a headache but when it over, it is over so abruptly. :wub:

Hi beenbride,

Thanks so much for your information! I am really appreciate it. I have note down all the details you girls provided, hehee...so when i go Sabah in July, will try to meet them or have a look. Beenbride, do you mind to share with me some pic on how the May Florist decorate for you? Like such as church, your hand bonquet and etc...I just wanna have a look the way they decorate...cos if i go to see her at the shop also, i afraid there is no example to show me how they actually decorate. But if mind, then it's ok, no worries ya :)

For the music band (Gravity Trio), do you have the contact for Roger Wang? Any idea they sing chinese songs too?

Yea, i actually plan to book Sheila, but she is traveling now and only back by end of the month, so i will call her again when she is back. But you mention she charge RM800, is that 1 session or 2 session? If 2 session, with the hair as well, then i probably will go for her...I did tried to check MUA from PG, but they gonna charge me RM800-RM1k exclude flight and accomodation, is kinda expensive

For photographer, ya ya..i know Louis Pang is real good, but too bad, too expensive ler....we can't afford...the Platinum package RM11k, Golden package RM9k almost fainted when see the quotation, hehehe.....So end up i hire a photographer from PG which will cover KK and PG 2 places...Actually i plan to have same photographer in 2 places, cos i want to make the pic as my wedding photo album...FYI - i didn't take separate pre wedding photo, all will take during the wedding day itself...since my fiance is not here :( he only will be back during our wedding next yr

For the dinner, actuall my fiance did ask around when he in KK last mth...but he manage to find a few hotels and among them Promenate is kind of within our budget....Sutera Harbour is too expensive for us :( Or can you recommend any other hotels which is not bad as well? Guess our budget is kind of RM500++ for a table.

Again, thanks for your help :)

mcpy,

I don't have any contact and detail for "dreamer" as my FFIL said he will KAU TIM for us. I don't dare to rush him as i think he didn't contact them yet. :sleep: will share with you once i know more about them.

Sorry i am don;t know about the florist that you mention, if i go to Lintas will take a good look for you. :smile:

Fianne,

For Roger Wang -(Gravity Trio's manager) you can see his performance from you tube, search under Roger Wang there are few of his video clip.

I got another florist contact - Margaret Florist 08-216151, can call and ask their price.

As for Band (can sing English and Chinese)- Can contact Mr Tan 0198805448 , i think he got MC under him too.

beenbride,

Thank you for all the detail that you share.

Will definately get Sheila as my MUA, she is out of town now, will get her when she come back, can't wait already :lol:

Hi why83,

Can you send me the link from youtube? I tried to search, but there are a few and different ppl, no idea which one should be the right Roger Wang i look for :p Thanks ya

Hi Fianne.

Last time when I get the quotation from various Hotel ard KK, I saw Hyatt Regency and Le Meridien also have 500++ packages. Maybe u try to email them and ask for the quotation. I got the quotation thru email also. Hope it helps..

Hi why83,

Can you send me the link from youtube? I tried to search, but there are a few and different ppl, no idea which one should be the right Roger Wang i look for :p Thanks ya

mcpy,

Oic, Maybe i should ask if mine can fit in Rose Garden or not cos the Lady said for me to occupied the whole ball room that's the rate. My FFIl prefer western style so.......... :blush:

I will have my Solemnisation in Pan Pacific garden style. Hope no rain that morning

for flower - yup. no problem. i can show u. but don't get disappointed after seeing if u think not nice. my taste is simple n nice. they hv lots of design. u can choose from what u want.

as for shiela - it inculds 1 trial, 2 section of make up and hair dos.

roger wong - no longer hv the number. sorry. only hv the address.

the best food for wedding is shangrila. hyatt food is not bad. there is rm 500++ package in pan pacific.

For the dinner, actuall my fiance did ask around when he in KK last mth...but he manage to find a few hotels and among them Promenate is kind of within our budget....Sutera Harbour is too expensive for us :( Or can you recommend any other hotels which is not bad as well? Guess our budget is kind of RM500++ for a table.

ask around to those who hv attended wedding at those hotel n how's the food. I only attened shangrila, pan pacific, hyatt, parmonate. Le Meridian food is also ok from my friend who attened wedding there.

Fianne

If u want the Menu and Prices from Hyatt and Le Meridien, do give me ur email, I can send it to u, but the prices is for 2009 one but no harm to know it coz I think the prices for 2010 should be not much different.

beenbride

there is 500++ at Pacific Sutera? As far as I know the cheapest there is 688++ woh..

why83

Is nice to have Solemnisation garden style, my case my Solemnisation will be in KL at one of the JPN office. Because I need the ROM cert b4 I can do the Holy Matrimony in Church so it can't be the same day as my church wedding.

beenbride,

Do you still remember which Car Rental Company u rent the Waja? Can I have the name of the company? Thanx.