suedoll

Insufficient Amniotic Fluid

Hi all,

I went to my gynae yesterday and was told that my level of amniotic fluid is borderline case, i.e. it is possible that I am leaking or my baby is not producing enough amniotic fluid. He is not too worried currently but wants me to go back and see him in 2 weeks and monitor. If this continues he may need to curtail my activities.

Has anyone gone through similar experience? Can share what to do during such circumstances?

Thanks.

I kena this in late 1st trimester... so kena rest & rest.. and eat properly.. then OK liao.. I went on leaves for 2 weeks.

Hi bunnyNwife,

when you said kena rest and rest, does it mean you had to take MC and be confined to bed?

Eat properly means have to cut out what type of food?

Apparently in 2nd trimester, there is nothing that I can eat/ do to increase the level of amniotic fluid, it is up to the baby to produce the fluid.

Am a bit worried about going back to the doctor in 2 weeks time to check the level of amniotic fluid again..

I kena during week 37 if I am not mistaken. End up have to be induced (but I have placenta calcification also la).

Take care!

Hi janicelly,

Doe that mean you gave birth at week 37? How far were you from your EDD?

What is placenta calcification?

I kena this in late 1st trimester... so kena rest & rest.. and eat properly.. then OK liao.. I went on leaves for 2 weeks.

Hi bunnyNwife,

when you said kena rest and rest, does it mean you had to take MC and be confined to bed?

Eat properly means have to cut out what type of food?

Apparently in 2nd trimester, there is nothing that I can eat/ do to increase the level of amniotic fluid, it is up to the baby to produce the fluid.

Am a bit worried about going back to the doctor in 2 weeks time to check the level of amniotic fluid again..

My doc told me that stress/insuficient rest will affect the level of amniotic fluid and she advised me to take 2weeks on MC in order to rest & relax at home (not 100% on bed la.. just dun stress, sleep + makan + do some light walking, reading) plus she told my mum to boil more soup for me to drink since I had no apetite back then. No need canggih soup, just normal vege soup, ABC soup, plain chicken/pork/beef soup (or with few red dates, ginger or longan to give some flavour).. etc. I makan rice with soup lor. Surprisingly, after 2 weeks of rest, my amniotic fluid back to normal and my BB's weight also catched up (it was 1-2 weeks behind schedule).

Dun worry and stress yourself up unnecessary. You need a relax and healthy lifestyle in order to have a smooth pregnancy. Cheer up!

My doc told me that stress/insuficient rest will affect the level of amniotic fluid and she advised me to take 2weeks on MC in order to rest & relax at home (not 100% on bed la.. just dun stress, sleep + makan + do some light walking, reading) plus she told my mum to boil more soup for me to drink since I had no apetite back then. No need canggih soup, just normal vege soup, ABC soup, plain chicken/pork/beef soup (or with few red dates, ginger or longan to give some flavour).. etc. I makan rice with soup lor. Surprisingly, after 2 weeks of rest, my amniotic fluid back to normal and my BB's weight also catched up (it was 1-2 weeks behind schedule).

Dun worry and stress yourself up unnecessary. You need a relax and healthy lifestyle in order to have a smooth pregnancy. Cheer up!

hi all

just wonder what is the method use by gynae to determine the level of amniotic fluid..

it is by scanning?? Does the gynae will automatically check on amniotic fluid level durng the check up???

hi all

just wonder what is the method use by gynae to determine the level of amniotic fluid..

it is by scanning?? Does the gynae will automatically check on amniotic fluid level durng the check up???

My gynae told me that after he did the normal tummy scan.

hi all

my dr by just pressing my stomach here n there..can tell edi

suedoll,

I gave birth at week 38, 10 days shy of my EDD. After the scanning at week 37, doc asked me to go back the next week for another scan but bcos I was not feeling well, I went back earlier then that & he asked me to pick a date for inducement & dont wait already. So I just pick the date lo.

Placenta calcification sometimes happens towards end of our 3rd trimester. Basically it means the placenta is aging & is not functioning 100% so it cant provide nutrients sufficiently to our baby anymore. When doc did ultrasound on me, he showed me white spots on my placenta. Initially it was smaller but it gets bigger & more spots appeared.

Please dont worry so much, if you doc feel it's safe to go back in 2 weeks time, then trust him/her! Meanwhile follow BunnyNWife's advice & do your fetal counts! Take care.

ethanize,

Mine was detected via ultrasound too.

hi all

My gynae told me that after he did the normal tummy scan.

Dr can see the fluid via our routne ultrasound. If your Dr never comment on it, it means sufficient la. Dr will only highlight it if he/she finds it low.

Hi Janicelly,

Thanks for your advice. I will just take this 2 weeks as it comes. My husband has been quite kan cheong and he has been boiling me red date juice everyday.. hehe..

btw, my doctor never ask me to do fetal count. What is it, and is it necessary?

If low fluid, BB might go distress and if your BB is moving around actively, it means your BB is fine. Dun really need to COUNT as you are still in 2nd trimester where BB might not be moving a lot. If I say a number, u will stress up when you cant get the count. Just to make sure you can feel BB's movement each day will do. Relax!!! I am sure your fluid is not that low else doc wont ask u to go back only 2 weeks later la.