Sign in to follow this  
ChoyLing

Should We Buy Own House OR Living With My Parents-In-Law After Married? Please share your experiences.

Should We Buy Own House OR Living With My Parents-In-Law After Married?

Hello everyone.

Soon I will marry. Plan to make it on Nov 2012.

I have a serious concern here to discuss with you all. Hope to grab some ideas from you to make my mind peace before prepare for my wedding.

My husband & I decided to buy own house since mid of last year. We shared out our wedding plan after my husband propose to me. My parents-in-law only has one son while 2 other daughters are married to other states. They are glad of our great news but they urge us to stay with them after married. This is considerable since they are getting old.

The scenarios are like below:

1) They stay near to Tronoh (a small town at Perak) but I am working at Tasek, it is quite a distance for me to travel to work daily since I don't have own transpot yet. I just only take the company bus. The company bus service is not available to Tronoh.

2) My husband & I decided to buy a house near Ipoh (targeted at Seri Botani, Ipoh - I still can take company bus) but my parents-in-law prefer to stay at countryside like village style. They have own small bussiness (old fashion grocery shop) in neignbourhood. We afraid they will lost their own social network if moved out from the village. As per cases we noticed, it is not good for old pals in shock transfer to a new place. Lots of problems will come onwards.

3) Seeing the properties selling prices keeps increasing rapidly, we wish to have own house at Ipoh soonest, mostly. We have certain budget for wedding expenditure (all lump sum) and the deposit for a new house. If in case I need to have own transport, it is definitely will mess up our financial plan.

We wish to have a perfect solution which we can stay with parents, least transportation problems, no large financial burden and buy own house in short period.

Please advice & help out. Thanks to everyone. :smile:

For my point of view, you should have own house and gradually you work on it with your beloved hubby.

About your parents-in-law, I believe they like to enjoy the village life. Why not pay them visit often and perhaps you all can stay there during weekend too.

Moreover, village life and culture also good for your children too. Not just glue the eyes on the monitor like the young generation now.

Agreed with the others too. Buy your own house then slowly persuade them to move in with u and ur hubby. No doubt the elderly really prefer village style even me myself sometimes wish to get out from city life.

For the mean time, just pay them a visit every weekend and i'm sure they will be happy with that.

Dont give too much pressure on yourself, everything has a solution.

I am from village too. And i can feel what your parents-in-law concern.

Me is young and more active to go for city life & good job at city. But not for the old folks.

Correct visit them more during weekend and they will be happy n enjoy family with you all