Sign in to follow this  
88stephlee88

All in one package from freelance photographer (penang)

Dear all,

Iam engaging few photographers, is it possible to get budget deal from freelance photographer for all in one package for within RM2000-3000 in Penang?:

1. pre-wedding shoots

2. wedding day shoots

3. rent wedding gown for both event.

4. car decoration

5. make-up

6. albums

7. flowers

I am comparing this with the one provided by wedding studio. I think wedding studio photo shoots abit repeating and dull but sometimes they offer better price compare to freelance when u add all up. My friend went to overseas shooting for pre-wedding but regretted it because now she has to spent more money to rent wedding gown for wedding day and actual day photographer.

I am thinking of getting my pre-wedding shoots at cameron highland or pangkor/langkawi, do u think photographer will charge too much extra for this? i don't think there are local photographer there so the photographer also will not know the nice spot right?

Some photographer have less experiance in pre-wedding shoots compare to actual day, is it wise to find them? if they do not provide wedding gown, is it ok if i rent else where? this may add up the cost?

i think there are too many hidden cost if i plan to find myself than to rely on studio!!!!

Please pm me (photographer or satisfied customer) so I can plan this!!!

My wedding is March next year!!!

wow, you have a lot of questions there ;)

Honestly, from my-not-a-photographer-point-of-view, I will go for freelancers but definitely the cost is higher. This is due to the extra money you have to put in for gown rentals for your pre-wedding and actual day. Not to forget car deco, bouquet flowers....

But look at the bright side :

1. You get to choose a gown design that u like (bridal shop provides gowns that are shabby and dunno how many millions time worn by others and for new ones you have to top up)

2. Albums provide by freelancers are way better in quality and the size are not too big and bulky

3. The design of album is normally done by freelancer themself and they will not touch-up until your face like have done plasctis surgery ><

bridal shops need to work fast so their touch-up is actually very cincai....

4. You can communicate with freelancers and they will try their best to accomodate to your request. bridal shops will just say okok but in the end, they don't deliver it.

5. Freelancers gives you back all photos softcopies at no extra charge and in high resolution some more

I can go on with the list....i've had my pre-wedding at bridal shop before and i hated it, not just the photos but also the process that i had to go through with those sales ppl and black face >< In the end i spend another extra for freelancer

Penang have alot of good freelancers, you just need to do more survey and choose one that you really like their style cos every photographer has his own style.

One more thing is, an experience AD photographer will have no problem at all to take pre-wedding cos they are used to fast moving and pre-wedding to them is just 'wet wet water' ^^

Best regards,

Michelle

budget within RM2000-3000 and need to includes the items below, and also thinking to have pre-wedding photo at langkawi / cameron highlands...

1. pre-wedding shoots

2. wedding day shoots

4. car decoration

5. make-up

6. albums

7. flowers

do you tend to hire a professional wedding photographer or freelance photo shooter?

as what you mentioned in the list, pro wedding photographer's rates is higher than RM5k in total; while if you look for a freelance photo shooter then you might able to get one within your budget since now everyone outside also manages to call themselves as 'photographer'.

for photo shooter, pros is you can bargain with them to get your rates as low as you can with some freebies (maybe); cons is you're not guaranteed to get the quality of your images. and this wedding only happened once in your lifetime, do you willing to leave this to an amateur shooter to complete your wedding journey? for my own 2 cents, wedding has no take 2. :bye:

if you go to bridal studio, they manage to offer you in less than RM2k with all the items in your list except actual day shoots. But you have to beware for their so called add-on traps, such as adding photos in selection, upgrading gowns (as you may not able to get a nice gown in your package), outstation surcharges, make-up accessories charges...and etc. end up maybe you will pay much more than you imagined. i think you had heard many friends say about 'signed-up at RM2988, end up total paid was RM6k above' this kind of bridal studio story.

anyway, final decision is at your own. just think twice before make it. :)

Dear all,

Iam engaging few photographers, is it possible to get budget deal from freelance photographer for all in one package for within RM2000-3000 in Penang?:

1. pre-wedding shoots

2. wedding day shoots

4. car decoration

5. make-up

6. albums

7. flowers

I am comparing this with the one provided by wedding studio. I think wedding studio photo shoots abit repeating and dull but sometimes they offer better price compare to freelance when u add all up. My friend went to overseas shooting for pre-wedding but regretted it because now she has to spent more money to rent wedding gown for wedding day and actual day photographer.

I am thinking of getting my pre-wedding shoots at cameron highland or pangkor/langkawi, do u think photographer will charge too much extra for this? i don't think there are local photographer there so the photographer also will not know the nice spot right?

Some photographer have less experiance in pre-wedding shoots compare to actual day, is it wise to find them? if they do not provide wedding gown, is it ok if i rent else where? this may add up the cost?

i think there are too many hidden cost if i plan to find myself than to rely on studio!!!!

Hi there, i saw your messages from the post that you posted, here is the fews things that i would like to recommend.....

If you plan to have all the items listed with only RM3000... what i can say is impossible, and the final result will be not what you expected, as you understand what you pay is what you get....

bridal shop always offer better prices as they are selling their packages for quantity so that is why they sell cheaper, even you hire the photographers from their studios they might have lesser experiences... young doesn't matter but experiences and portfolio are the matters the most. Some of the gowns they offering you could be old fashion and also could be used gowns.

what i can recommend, you should stop thinking to pay less to get high quality products, as wedding is once in a lifetime things, you shouldn't think to saving cost if you wish to have memorable wedding~

Just my 2cent, hope you don't mind. if you needed more advices can let me know, i can try my best to help you

Dear all,

1. pre-wedding shoots

2. wedding day shoots

4. car decoration

5. make-up

6. albums

7. flowers

Hi there, i saw your messages from the post that you posted, here is the fews things that i would like to recommend.....

If you plan to have all the items listed with only RM3000... what i can say is impossible, and the final result will be not what you expected, as you understand what you pay is what you get....

bridal shop always offer better prices as they are selling their packages for quantity so that is why they sell cheaper, even you hire the photographers from their studios they might have lesser experiences... young doesn't matter but experiences and portfolio are the matters the most. Some of the gowns they offering you could be old fashion and also could be used gowns.

what i can recommend, you should stop thinking to pay less to get high quality products, as wedding is once in a lifetime things, you shouldn't think to saving cost if you wish to have memorable wedding~

Just my 2cent, hope you don't mind. if you needed more advices can let me know, i can try my best to help you

Agreed

__________________________________________________________________________________________

VanessaMoonPhotography

Malaysia, Singapore, Netherland based wedding photographer

FB Page:http://www.facebook.com/VanessaMoonPhotography?ref=hl