Hi everyone,

This topic is very informative. I'm getting married mid next year, and i want to plan for my CMPC this year.

Does anyone know when does the church have CMPC? I'm looking at Churches around Petaling Jaya (SFX, Assumption Church).

Thank you!

Hi everyone,

This topic is very informative. I'm getting married mid next year, and i want to plan for my CMPC this year.

Does anyone know when does the church have CMPC? I'm looking at Churches around Petaling Jaya (SFX, Assumption Church).

Thank you!

Hi hot-choc

you can enquire @ the church office (your current parish)..

Wow, I'm so glad I found this thread :)

Both FH and I are Catholics. We initially wanted to do ROM at JPN Putrajaya but the in laws weren't happy with it. Then our parish priest also said we cannot get married through a civil ceremony and then have the church ceremony because it's basically getting married twice. By right, the ceremony and registration is done at the same time in the church.

I'm from SFX but FH is working overseas and we're planning to migrate so we're having our catholic nuptial mass overseas. Only a second wedding reception will be held in KL a few months after the wedding.

Wow, I'm so glad I found this thread :)

Both FH and I are Catholics. We initially wanted to do ROM at JPN Putrajaya but the in laws weren't happy with it. Then our parish priest also said we cannot get married through a civil ceremony and then have the church ceremony because it's basically getting married twice. By right, the ceremony and registration is done at the same time in the church.

I'm from SFX but FH is working overseas and we're planning to migrate so we're having our catholic nuptial mass overseas. Only a second wedding reception will be held in KL a few months after the wedding.

Hi cat23,

I'm Catholic but my FH is not. I've been reading up about CMPC and learned that you have to go through the course first before you can register your marriage.

What I want to know is, the registration during your wedding ceremony in church is the same thing as doing it in JPN?

I asked this because my older sister and brother, went for the course, registered at JPN/private registrar, and then had the church ceremony. During the church ceremony, they also signed something. So I'm confused.

I'm honestly not very sure about this. Best thing is to check with your parish priest and he will guide you on what to do. Last time a priest was telling us about not doing civil registry wedding before church ceremony but that was during Sunday mass homily.

I'm honestly not very sure about this. Best thing is to check with your parish priest and he will guide you on what to do. Last time a priest was telling us about not doing civil registry wedding before church ceremony but that was during Sunday mass homily.

Yeah, i will talk to the priest soon about this. :smile:

When will u be doing your CMPC?

Church ceremony is not civil registration. Some churches have priests who can do the civil registration, eg SFX but most churches do not. For these churches, you hv to complete the CMPC first, do the ROM then only hv the church ceremony. What you sign during the church ceremony is a certificate that you hv gotten married in the church. On SFX, since the priest can do the civil registration, it is probably then the parish's preference for the civil registration to take place together with the church ceremony. Hope this helps!

Church ceremony is not civil registration. Some churches have priests who can do the civil registration, eg SFX but most churches do not. For these churches, you hv to complete the CMPC first, do the ROM then only hv the church ceremony. What you sign during the church ceremony is a certificate that you hv gotten married in the church. On SFX, since the priest can do the civil registration, it is probably then the parish's preference for the civil registration to take place together with the church ceremony. Hope this helps!

Thanks Ally'sMom!

Your explanation helps a lot. Got a better picture of it now.

Thanks Ally'sMom!

Your explanation helps a lot. Got a better picture of it now.

dear Ally's Mom and hot-choc, if i am not wrong SFX no longer has the license for civil registration, only Assumption Church has the license.

i just attended my 1st class of CMPC yesterday in Assumption Church, we had 8 couples

We're not sure when we're attending the CMPC yet. FH is working overseas so it's hard to get him to attend it with me. I'll most likely be attending the course with him overseas towards the end of this year since we're having our wedding ceremony in a cathedral there and the priest is there.