sfgoh

Is cervical cancer vaccination necessary?

Hi Ji muis,

I had finally done the final jab & I had consult doctor & search online that you are not required to have any "cooling period" for pregnancy after all the jabs but its not adviceable get pregnant during the 3 jabs. coz Gardasil is not live viruses therefore once you have completed your course of vaccination there is no reason for a waiting period.

Furthermore to some Ji Muis here mentioned on the promotion from BP Healthcare Group is on until 31th March 09 but my friend had called to enquiry they are providing the 2 types virus prevention jab. The latest one shd be 4 types virus prevention.

oh mean tat the reason they charged so cheap lar?

Karen88,

Are you refer to the cervical cancer vacinne as this vaccine shd take months to complete... :ohmy: If u can get RM180 per jab its cheap do share more with us on where u get it as I think many lady here are interested. :wub:

Davinci,

emm... i think so coz in those clinic doesnt provide 2 types virus prevention jabs anymore...

its 50% discount from mine one leh :tongue: I take RM360 per jab total RM1080 leh.... maybe in mathematical way less half prevention then get 50% discount loh :biggrin:

Hi,

i just got to know from a friend that the price for cervical cancer vaccination has reduced from RM450 per jab to RM500 for ALL 3 jabs.

I am thinking of getting it, but still thinking of its consequences / side-effects of the jab

is it necessary to have it? Please adv

sfgoh

I came across an email from friends about the Gardasil vaccination, and did some research on it, seems like the response & feedback not in a bright site, some information to share.

FDAnews Drug Daily Bulletin

Oct. 11, 2007 | Vol. 4 No. 200

Gardasil Adverse Events Include Deaths, Seizures, Judicial Watch SaysThere have been 3,461 reports of adverse events, including a maximum of 11 deaths, in patients receiving Merck's cervical cancer vaccine Gardasil, public interest group Judicial Watch said.

Since May, the group has found documents detailing 1,824 reports of adverse reactions to Gardasil (quadrivalent human papillomavirus [Types 6, 11, 16, 18] recombinant vaccine), including eight deaths. Before May, Judicial Watch had obtained 1,637 adverse event reports. The group received the data from the FDA through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.

Of the 1,824 adverse events reported between May 10 and Sept. 7, 347 were serious reactions including paralysis, Bell's palsy, Guillain-Barre syndrome and seizures, according to the group.

Thirty-three out of 77 pregnant women who received the vaccine experienced side effects, including spontaneous abortion and fetal abnormalities, Judicial Watch added.

"In light of this information, it is disturbing that state and local governments might mandate in any way this vaccine for young girls," Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said.

extracted from: http://www.fdanews.com/newsletter/article?...p;issueId=10844

other source: http://www.nvic.org/vaccines-and-diseases/HPV/HPV_Vaccine_Safety_ReptPart_III_081507_rev.aspx

im going to bp lab, since got offer....:p

erm, very painfull o? IM injection or Sub q injection?

period week can hav the jab?

just found out from bp lab...they are offering Cervarix...which prevent 2 type of virus onli (types 16, 18)Cervarix

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cervarix...is that reason so is cheap???

gardasill can prevent 4 type...16. 18. 6. 11 wor

any one take Cervarix b4... :unsure:

I think this the major reason why BP Lap is cheaper :mellow:

Do note that the vaccine is not a prevent or cure all - you still have to go for regular pap smears.

After more reading, I discovered that the vaccine only protects from some strains which means that you can still get cervical cancer. Heh.

Here is some info about cervical cancer and the virus that causes it (HPV):

The most important risk factor in the development of cervical cancer is infection with a high-risk strain of human papillomavirus. The virus cancer link works by triggering alterations in the cells of the cervix, which can lead to the development of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia, which can lead to cancer.

Women who have many sexual partners (or who have sex with men or women who had many other partners) have a greater risk.

More than 150 types of HPV are acknowledged to exist (some sources indicate more than 200 subtypes). Of these, 15 are classified as high-risk types (16, 18, 31, 33, 35, 39, 45, 51, 52, 56, 58, 59, 68, 73, and 82), 3 as probable high-risk (26, 53, and 66), and 12 as low-risk (6, 11, 40, 42, 43, 44, 54, 61, 70, 72, 81, and CP6108), but even those may cause cancer. Types 16 and 18 are generally acknowledged to cause about 70% of cervical cancer cases. Together with type 31, they are the prime risk factors for cervical cancer.

Genital warts are caused by various strains of HPV which are usually not related to cervical cancer.

oh my gosh..

previously i received emails bout Gardasil vaccination

Which discourage us to get the jab..

I cant find the email now.. will paste it here once i found it..

I did some googling on this.. apparently is not really advicable to do the jab though...

The Australian Govermnent is offering the Gardasil vaccination for free until June 30. All secondary school girls will get the vaccine from school whereas other ladies can get it from their local GP. So I would assume the vaccine is safe - nothing to worry about.

I had the jab last year and the only side effect was a slightly sore arm, but nothing too serious. I would recommend getting yourself vaccinated - it might not be a cure all but it protects you against some strains, which in my opinion is better than none.

i've gone for the vaccine injection (Cervarix) in BP lab, and it's absolutely alright, you just need to move your hand more often after the injection so that you won't feel any sores or numbness. Cervarix protects us from the very carcinogenic strains of virus, the extra protection of da 2 virus strains by another company if you always go for unprotected sex.