desnesda

Budget for live band

Ladies,

What do you think is a reasonable budget for a live performance by a 3-guy (acoustic guitar) band for a 1.5h performance? My wedding will be in Kota Kinabalu.

Any recommendation for live bands in KK?

Thanks!

There is never a certain or fixed price for bands, as many differ due to quality, experience and equipments.

For penang, a 3pc band with only guitar and singers (not MIDI band) is around RM1k+, including sound system.

As for MIDI bands, with keyboardist and singers, roughly ranges around RM1300+, including sound system.

Please note that the price here is only for general reference purpose, cannot be used as comparison between bands. :smile: And please do not bargain the price between bands, i.e. A band only charge RMxxx why B band charge RMxxx? Honestly, I really hated this when some clients use this to bargain the price, feel like pasar malam. :sad:

Thanks starzband. Actually the reason I am asking is because we are having our wedding at a 5* hotel in KK and the hotel came back to us with a quote of RM4k for ANY band for 1.5h performance...

Do you have any recommendation of 3pc bands in KK?

Thanks starzband. Actually the reason I am asking is because we are having our wedding at a 5* hotel in KK and the hotel came back to us with a quote of RM4k for ANY band for 1.5h performance...

Do you have any recommendation of 3pc bands in KK?

Hi desnesda,

ermm.. from my point of view, the hotel is the agent gua.. so will mark up lor..any cafe in KK?? if you want unplugged band, i think most are from cafe come out one.. u can go those cafe look for a band that you like.. then directly deal with them.. probably u can get a cheaper quote.. ;) yeah, starzband, i totally agree with you, can't compare between band and band..everyone has their own unique style, voices, and strength.. :)

When you hire a cheap band, what you get is also cheap impression to your wedding. This is a no-no. You DONT want your wedding to look cheap with cheap bands. If you have been to a wedding where a truly professional band played in, you will know what I mean. It's 1st class ambiance all the way! That's what you want.

4k for a 3pc unplugged band? I think you'll surely find a better deal if you look for yourself lah. Like what kojiki said, deal directly without going through hotels or any other similar agent.... But if your wedding is held in a 5-star hotel, dun you think that live bands are more appropriate? Unplugged bands are mostly youngsters here.

yeah!

that's right starz band, unplugged band is not so appropriate for 5 star hotel lor.. normally unplugged is in restaurant or few tables wedding..in hotel is better take live band.. more presentable and classy..

ermm..

unplugged band is those simple instruments without plugging to the sound system, pure sound and vocal..my understanding is ppl always describe it as cafe style..which are only guitar or keyboard and singer (correct me if i am wrong), live band is those with saxophone, violin, guitar, keyboard and singer and other instruments that perform together..singing like concert style.. exact definition i am not so sure.. any other can explain?? so i can learn also.. haha..

Hello Everyone,

Good news everyone, we added Magicians to our service packages,

Please check us out and ask for our quotations.

And please check out our Wedding Live Bands, we are able to play virtually every kind of music possible,

the band can perform for any occasion including weddings,

conventions, festivals, and all other public and private events. Our band features with extremely talented vocalists and musicians.

Each performance includes significant audience interaction, and because of the diversity of the band's immense song lists, there is

something for everybody to enjoy.

Check us out at http://www.wedding-l...d-malaysia.com/

Warmest Regards,

Debbie