Sign in to follow this  
team_cullen

Invitation Cards in Kuching

Hi,

Am now looking for printers for invitation cards based on a few designs that I like. Anyone used Banana Greeting before? How's the workmanship and the pricing?

Pls share any advice/experiences. Thanks!

Hi team_cullen,

Congrats! I went to Banana Greeting before to survey their cards. No offense that their cards is very nice in fact, me and FH love their designs so much. Unfortunately, their quotes were way too far from our budget. The card that we love cost us RM3 per piece. Their favors very nice too. Why don't you drop by there some day to survey yourself? Perhaps you can get more details from what they offer? I went there few months back already. Prices might be different by now.

I can tell you, once you step inside their showroom, you can see lotsa beautiful and contemporary cards designs they've got there!

Happy planning...

Cheers! :wink:

Hi juanil,

Thanks for your feedback. Woww...didn't know they were this exp also...will drop by their showroom when I'm back in Kch in Dec. Do you have their email contact? Will make it easier to communicate from now till then for me..heheh

Any other printers to recommend....that isn't so exp! Hahahaha

Thanks again....happy planning to you too :cool:

team_cullen,

You're most welcome. I have the SA contacts and email if I not mistaken but I left the name card in FH's car. Will give you the contacts tomorrow. There's another printer in Kuching, Hen Bee... The charges is not that expensive. Around RM1.50 per piece but frankly speaking, the design not as fancy as Banana Greeting. Can survey both printers when you're back to Kuching during December.

Thanks for the wishes, hon!

team,

Noticed that your dinner reception is at banquet, I believe banquet will provide 7 cards per table for you, why not look at the vendor's designs?

I'm using banquet's vendor's card, not too bad and I added RM1 for a new design =)

@juanil: Thanks! Will be waiting for the email from you. Sorry to bother you, but do you have Hen Bee's contacts as well? hahah thanks so much :lol:

@beautifulgown: From their website, their card designs not nice at all le...hahha. Unless they've got more choices than that and let me use my own designs or smth like that. My parents will b meeting them in the next few weeks to go through the details further, so see how it is all arranged.

So they do let us top up if we're using our own designs isit? Hrmm thanks for telling me that...happy planning to you too :tongue:

team_cullen,

As I promised, here's the e-mail: banana-g@stramyx.com and the contact number is 082-342143. Hen Bee 082-243706. Hope my input does help.

team,

My wedding is over =P

Those card designs at their website are old one =P you can look at their new cards with their vendor.

I chose one of the designs and with our own write out =)

Banquet gives RM1.50 per card, anything that more than RM1.50 you nid to top-up and they have 7 cards per table =)

By the way, the vendor is Twinny Two Greeting =) just check with your SA at banquet, they will get the vendor to be there with samples =)

This is my card =) nothing special but very simple =P

card1.jpg

team,

My wedding is over =P

Those card designs at their website are old one =P you can look at their new cards with their vendor.

Banquet gives RM1.50 per card, anything that more than RM1.50 you nid to top-up and they have 7 cards per table =)

By the way, the vendor is Twinny Two Greeting =) just check with your SA at banquet, they will get the vendor to be there with samples =)

card1.jpg

Hi, your invitation card look simple but very unique..it's a bit traditional + modern..overall, NICE!!

Thanks =)

team,

My wedding is over =P

card1.jpg

Hi, your invitation card look simple but very unique..it's a bit traditional + modern..overall, NICE!!

@juanil: Thanks so much, girl...you've been a great help! :lol:

@beautifulgown: Your card definitely looks better than the ones they have on their website hahahah. Is it like a slip in kinda design? Funny thing, my friend actually recommended me the makeup artist from Twinny Two also...plan to contact her when I'm back. Hmm i guess makes things easier now...hahah thnaks for all the info! :biggrin:

@juanil: Thanks so much, girl...you've been a great help! :lol:

You're most welcome! :wink: Hope my info really helps...

team,

no problem =)

Twinny Two actually is operated by 3 ladies if not mistaken =)

1 for card dealing, 1 for make up and 1 for manicure and pedicure =P if I can remember correctly =)

My card is pocket style as what she told me is the latest design so far hasn't got anyone use it yet so I'm the first one =)

I personally do not recommend Banana Greetings altho they have a wide range of cards; firstly because the card is over-priced and secondly because the customer service is so bad. I printed my card with them solely bcos they are the hotel's contractor for cards, if not I shall definitely look for other printer.

The SA I met is so rude that insisted I return the mock-up card to them before start with the printing (I thought the mock-up should belongs to us?!) and she replied my sms using all capital letters! And they quoted me RM1.20 for an envelope bcos I don like their current envelopes. :angry:

Just to share my experience...

cuppies,

Banana's cards are over-priced but still have many customers went to them

I'm so sorry for your exprience with Banana Greeting. If RM1.20 for an envelope? ahhh might as well you source from outside.

I had mine at another shop (card vendor of Banquet), I don't like the envelope for the card (color wasn't match to my theme) but the vendor is good enuf to give me another type of envelop with glossy-gold color but without a single charge =)

cuppies,

Banana's cards are over-priced but still have many customers went to them

I'm so sorry for your exprience with Banana Greeting. If RM1.20 for an envelope? ahhh might as well you source from outside.

I had mine at another shop (card vendor of Banquet), I don't like the envelope for the card (color wasn't match to my theme) but the vendor is good enuf to give me another type of envelop with glossy-gold color but without a single charge =)

BG,

I mean of cos i dont expect she will waive the charges but RM1.20 is really ridiculous! Sigh. I think their business are good mainly bcos of their tied-up with the hotels. So is good to see other card vendors coming up in Kch ya?

They had quoted me a good RM8.10 for my initial card design and my design are nowhere near complicated! And when i asked if there is any discount, the SA just said "NETT PRICE". Argghhh

Wedding vendors should be have more passion and enthusiasm towards wedding instead of merely profit-oriented.

cuppies,

So sorry to hear what you've encountered with Banana Greeting. Agree with you that their cards are over-priced for me. And personally don't think that it worth the money after all the invitation cards are just to inform our guests regarding our wedding date and venue. Of course the card should be presentable with moderate price. Me and FH prefer to have simple design invitation cards since it's free from our restaurant.

cuppies,

Not to waive but how can a piece of envelope costs RM1.20? mmm .. must be a good quality envelope?

Wow! RM8.10 per card ah!! expensive ah! @.@

I do find that any businesses that related to wedding will not have 'mercy' on our pocket! >.<

I'm trying very very heard to control my budget and prevent those business men to take any extra $$ from my pocket =P

Ling,

You're right! Every single lil' thing about wedding always burnt a big hole in our pockets huh! Really show no mercy ya...

Ling,

Ya hor? How nice it is hor if I'm rich! No need to scratch my head that hard for budgeting... :lol:

juanil,

hehehe we always dream of 'how nice if I'm rich ..' but it seems like .. never came true =P

well at least we still can afford pre-wedding photo album, decent restaurant, etc.

I ever saw a budget wedding which is really budgeted >.< the couple wearing the evening gown which I believe you won't want to wear and the reception is at seafood restaurant where we went there that night to celebrate my mum's birthday =.= ... so you can imagine how budgeted of their wedding are, again .. at least they can afford to invite people for makan-ing .. another type is totally have NOTHING! wuuu .. that's not budget, that's called 'save $' aka 'bo lui' just like my friend, just register and nothing else .. no wedding photos, nothing.

juanil,

hehehe we always dream of 'how nice if I'm rich ..' but it seems like .. never came true =P

well at least we still can afford pre-wedding photo album, decent restaurant, etc.

I ever saw a budget wedding which is really budgeted >.< the couple wearing the evening gown which I believe you won't want to wear and the reception is at seafood restaurant where we went there that night to celebrate my mum's birthday =.= ... so you can imagine how budgeted of their wedding are, again .. at least they can afford to invite people for makan-ing .. another type is totally have NOTHING! wuuu .. that's not budget, that's called 'save aka 'bo lui' just like my friend, just register and nothing else .. no wedding photos, nothing.

Ling,

*nod nod* You're right. At least we still managed to have our own budgeted wedding and happy wedding, ya. Wow! Dinner at seafood restaurant ah? Personally, I think that a wedding at least should have pre-wedding photos and small dinner, at least immediate family members.

Like one of our friend also, he's that kinda person who like to throw big big party for celebration. His birthday alone, he had almost 3 tables for dinner and the drinking session all under his treat. Me and FH thought that for sure he'll have quite grand wedding celebration since his birthday party alone, already quite grand. To our surprise, he only ROM and invite around 10 of us to dine at Batu Lintang Seafood Centre. Or perhaps due to "accident". But they did had their pre-wedding.

juanil,

*nod nod* at least we still managed to have and arrange the style of wedding that we want =)

Dinner at seafood restaurant is really budget but better than none, right?

Like your friend, it is really a surprise that the 10 pax dinner only at Batu Lintang seafood centre ah? well .. even 'accident' still can have grant dinner ba =P 10pax can have good buffet at hotel leh? =P

Ling,

Yeah... Me lagi surprise since we know his style. Anyway, the most important thing is to have blissful marriage rather have grand wedding but unhappy marriage, right? :wink: